Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

Maroon Sailor

Corbyn on Friday: I have never met any members of the IRA.

Abbott today: He has met with members of the IRA in the capacity of Sinn Fein [emoji23]

Seriously she needs to sent to a desert island until the election is over

She is the most dense politician in my lifetime

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously she needs to sent to a desert island until the election is over

She is the most dense politician in my lifetime

The Tories will be sending her a message on the 9th, "come in agent Abbott your mission is complete"!!

The Tories will be sending her a message on the 9th, "come in agent Abbott your mission is complete"!!

She's fecking brutal!

You answered the first sentence with the second.

Again, you've failed to even acknowledge any of the charges levelled against JC let alone challenge them. Third strike and out, cheers.

MacDonald Jardine

Ah, you acknowledge that the tories are responsible for the failed austerity measures but feel that the SNP should mitigate them. Where does that stop? Pensioners are next on the tories hit-list, do we raise taxes again?

It's ludicrous that your focus is directed towards the SNPs apparent ability to mitigate never ending austerity measures with reactive tax increases.

I feel that if the Scottish Government think austerity is wrong they have steps they can take to mitigate that.

They have chosen not to.

Your answer shows precisely the attitude I suggested.

The key isn't running the country as best they can, it's stoking up grievances against Westminster.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

They have no ability to counter it without falling into a fiscal tax trap.

Westminster invent austerity, Westminster apply austerity, Westminster cut Scotlands budget, Westminster is at fault.

Your proposal sounds like a real vote winner. "Electorate, it doesn't matter what Westminster do, we'll just raise taxes to mitigate their actions." All the while, Westminster save money through their austerity measures and get more revenue from increased tax. Whats to stop them doing it again and again given they are in a win-win situation?

I absolutely agree with your second paragraph.

Your final one though just reaffirms the idea of doing nothing and blaming Westminster.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

?Our involvement in Iraq, for want of a better word, radicalised a whole generation of young people, some of them British citizens who saw our involvement in Iraq, on top of our involvement in Afghanistan, as being an attack on Islam, not a whole generation, a few among a generation?.

Who said this? Jeremy Corbyn?

No, it was Baroness Manningham-Buller, head of the domestic intelligence service between 2002 and 2007, speaking to the Iraq Inquiry.

What kind of tw&t thinks chasing out Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan post 9/11 is an attack on Islam? Maybe, just maybe its the version of Islam of those that took offence thats the problem here?

And again, why should foreign policy in Iraq be dictated by the feelings or murderous blackmail by Brit Pakistanis?

How does, 'Declaring war on Nazi Germany is an attack on my white identity and I will now kill some of my fellow Brits' sound?

As Hitchens said, if this is your standard for sacrificing your values then do it in your own name but leave me bloody out of it.

Those two senile creeps Chomsky and Corbyn as well as Baroness dipsh%t can do one.

You come across as hate-filled and a tad demented.

No point wasting any more time replying to you.

The penny's dropped at last.

No point in debating with him.

A total waste of time.

The penny's dropped at last.

No point in debating with him.

A total waste of time.

You say that as though he's spent time trying to debate or engage with arguments. There hasnt been one but i wont class 'right wing rubbish' 'drivel' 'demented' as 'hate' as Im honestly trying to give the chap a chance to back us his posts and have no desire to shut him down by playing school matron or house master. Ive simply dismantled his points one by one and it seems the bottom lip is quivering. Anyhow...

Since you've put your chips in, by all means respond to my response above. If you can't, the hate speech button is readily available for you too and you can go ad hominem as much as you like. But, please some response to my points would be much more honest.

What kind of tw&t thinks chasing out Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan post 9/11 is an attack on Islam? Maybe, just maybe its the version of Islam of those that took offence thats the problem here?

And again, why should foreign policy in Iraq be dictated by the feelings or murderous blackmail by Brit Pakistanis?

How does, 'Declaring war on Nazi Germany is an attack on my white identity and I will now kill some of my fellow Brits' sound?

As Hitchens said, if this is your standard for sacrificing your values then do it in your own name but leave me bloody out of it.

Those two senile creeps Chomsky and Corbyn as well as Baroness dipsh%t can do one.

... when quoting Hitchens , don't forget to tell the whole story.

If like many, you think religion, Palestine and the middle east is the root cause of certain terrorist events (eg 9/11) remember the Hitchens logic, that the crisis will never be resolved; because the parties of god have a veto on the Holy Land.

One such party, being  the stupid, superstitious and Messianic Zionists.

I've not "debated", "raised points" or "engaged" with any of your hate-filled diatribe, I dismissed it.

The only thing quivering is your sanity.

I gave you a shopping list of charges against Comrade Corbyn. I would love to think better of him. Maybe it would lessen the hate that is maddening my soul if I could have faith in the goodness of JC. Please just refute one. Just one.

I beg - unleash the wisdom that you seem to be teasing me with oh wise one.

... when quoting Hitchens , don't forget to tell the whole story.

If like many, you think religion, Palestine and the middle east is the root cause of certain terrorist events (eg 9/11) remember the Hitchens logic, that the crisis will never be resolved; because the parties of god have a veto on the Holy Land.

One such party, being the stupid, superstitious and Messianic Zionists.

No, he was referring in that speech specifically to the impulse to think that playing 'let's not upset the Jihadists' is a game that can ever be won. I posted it pages back I think.

I may be wrong but I don't think he ever conflated his war on terror stance with his thoughts on the Palestine\ Israel stalemate.

No, he was referring in that speech specifically to the impulse to think that playing 'let's not upset the Jihadists' is a game that can ever be won. I posted it pages back I think.

I may be wrong but I don't think he ever conflated his war on terror stance with his thoughts on the Palestine\ Israel stalemate.

When quoting Hitchens, at least recognise the dovetail between what Hitchin's states about Hezbollah and Zionism, with respect to what Corbyn recently noted about  terrorism and foreign policy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hitchens getting quoted like the Bible or Koran here. Maybe the book of Hitchens is the atheist bible?

Anyway, Compo is closing the gap on May so it might get slightly interesting after all!

You've swung and missed. The conversation was related to tax increases to cover austerity measures.

All well and true on line two. So you're actually missing the point. To afford to put these measures back in and reverse the cut ("mitigate them") you'd need to spend more money.

Where does that come from?

The SNP have been mitigating Westminster measures for years, have we raised taxes?

Yes. The 40% threshold wasn't lowered. In effect middle class earners are hit paying for it.

Added to that the Scottish government can top up benefits and alter spending priorities to meet circumstances. So where is the effort to arrest and reverse these changes?

Surely it's all about prioroties rather than the constitution?

My folks voted labour 70s for Harald and callaghan , both capable, decent guys...... Its only when you look back, thatchers popularism, Blairism, I have no natural attraction to labour as a 30 year nationalist, But I see a good man in Corbyn..........

My god the seethe....if he is only 30 seats behind the tories/ukip...if the liberals get 10-12 seats, fun and games.......up the rebels.........

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's not really raising taxes though is it?

The austerity program has been in place for 7 years, nearly every section of society has suffered, where do they start?

We unfortunately decided to remain part of the UK, the UK is applying draconian levels of austerity whilst reducing our allocated budget, we have to follow suit.

Given the UK deficit still runs at about 5% of GDP, can you say what size of deficit would not equate to austerity in your view?

That's not really raising taxes though is it?

The austerity program has been in place for 7 years, nearly every section of society has suffered, where do they start?

We unfortunately decided to remain part of the UK, the UK is applying draconian levels of austerity whilst reducing our allocated budget, we have to follow suit.

Indy won't change that until you get full fiscal and monetary control. So 10 years post vote.

Whereas you could vote for a different government and end austerity...

And no it isn't raising tax. But its taking more off certain sections of society who are mid-tier in the class structure and wouldn't have that taxed in rUK. Where's the 50p rate? Why are we abolishing APD in these times of climate change and economic hardship when said funds could be used to help the worst off?

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's not the basis of the argument Geoffrey, besides I couldn't answer your question and I'd be surprised if many could.

Ok, so you are shouting about "austerity" yet you are refusing to define it.

Ok, so you are shouting about "austerity" yet you are refusing to define it.

Slashing benefits to fund benefits. A horrendous way to fund tax cuts.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Slashing benefits to fund benefits. A horrendous way to fund tax cuts.

Details please.

Details please.

Why? Are you denying it. If so, prove it. The facts are there, Universal and Atoms and now pensions, While business reaps the rewards of low tax.

People forced into self employment(Don't make me laugh), are set to be hammered, next. It's like drug dealers, get people hooked on the cheap, then exploit them.

Don't worry GK, we're never to skint to go to war.

Here, I find it strange that people like Deeside are more than willing to take 5, 10 years of Tory savagery, but won't take 5, 10 years to build up Scotland. Why? That makes no sense, unless you root toot toot, for the 11th of July.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why? Are you denying it. If so, prove it. The facts are there, Universal and Atoms and now pensions, While business reaps the rewards of low tax.

People forced into self employment(Don't make me laugh), are set to be hammered, next. It's like drug dealers, get people hooked on the cheap, then exploit them.

Don't worry GK, we're never to skint to go to war.

Here, I find it strange that people like Deeside are more than willing to take 5, 10 years of Tory savagery, but won't take 5, 10 years to build up Scotland. Why? That makes no sense, unless you root toot toot, for the 11th of July.

I'm not denying anything. I'm trying to move things on from bullshit bingo of words someone has heard that they don't understand.

Rudolf's Mate

hahahaha someone posts a claim and when asked to give details they counter by saying you prove it :rofl:

I'll need to remember that one if I ever post unsubstantiated drivel and want to squirm out of it.

It'd be worth the wait.

People voted for Labour last time and they supported the tories austerity budget. Short memories?

Here's a scenario for you. Labour win in Scotland, the tories continue austerity measures, do you blame Labour?

1. People can vote SNP repeatedly and get eternal oppisitionism. A sidelined group at Westminster yelling into the night. What major concessions have they won?

2. No. Much like if they return the SNP and get the same outcome. You do, however, stand a greater chance of returning a Labour government if you vote for Labour. Especially now the polls are narrowing.

Rudd & Abbot on Andrew Marr this morning.

Putting policy aside for a minute...you'd take Rudd as home secretary every day of the week. Abbot is just a bumbling idiot at least Rudd is coherent and has a degree of intellect.

Diane Abbott defending her stance on support of the IRA... I had an afro back then I've changed my hairstyle...I mean what the actual **** has that got to do with it. She also said I thought tellingly "the people who DIED on Monday night" not murdered, killed etc the people who Died!

maroonlegions

Thought Corbyn's speech and his Andrew Neil interview went well. In fact better than May's. Added to that, I feel leaders debates show up poorly beside these interviews. Much prefer them.

Anyone see this?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1316022188475721&id=986903328054277

Yes i did ,on the whole Corbyn dealt well with Neils line of questioning i thought and  particularly  when Neil kept repeating the question to him about "why should the people of Britain put trust in you when some of your senior  Labour back benches do not"  Corbyn respond with "you could have made quotes from those Labour MPs who DO"  

He came across as a sincere man and he is growing on me.

Something else is happening or has continued to happen and that is  he  drawing large crowds wherever he goes.

Can you ever imagine the same reception or response below ever  being given to May.

"Not many political candidates can interrupt a Libertines gig in a football stadium and escape without being booed off stage. Last week, Corbyn turned up to Prenton Park, the home of Tranmere Rovers FC, while Carl and Pete were backstage. Instead of receiving a swarm of bottles and vitriol, his unexpected speech drew a rapturous reception. ?I want a country where everybody can play sport if they want to, every child can learn music, and society is brought together by that,? he said. ?Do you want housing, do you want care, and do you want a society coming together? Or, do you want selective education and fox hunting?? 

Not exactly a tough choice. :2thumbsup: 

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/will-jeremy-corbyn-labour-win-election-2078890#77Eurg8HbuuQxHXc.99

Trapper John McIntyre

What qualifies you to be Home Secretary? "I worked in the home office as a graduate trainee"

DA5oG8lXgAADPsH.jpg

maroonlegions

What qualifies you to be Home Secretary? "I worked in the home office as a graduate trainee"

DA5oG8lXgAADPsH.jpg

Probably would have made a better job of it when May was the Home Secretary.

If digging up the past is a new tactic of character assassination  attempts   then what of  May"s past as Home Secretary , was  she not responsible for making a right james  hunt of border controls??  

Long way  away from living in a decent, fair and civilised society i know  were everyone is  treated  fairly and  with dignity and  respect.

Our society will never get closer to that time were the many and not just the few  will have a decent and acceptable standard of living as long as May and the Selfservatives are in power. 

The Selfsrvatives are out to make their own richer and they do not  give a feck how they do it, they will drag  the UK back to the 1800"s  where there  was no NHS and no welfare state.  Which i may add are PAID for by taxes so people who find them self suddenly out of work or ill by no fault of their own  have a financial safety net and health care system.

In a surprising letter to the local paper UKIP's candidate in the neighbouring seat has said the Tories do not deserve a huge majority
MIRROR.CO.UK

Seems that  even some of he UKIP  candidates are now seeing the Tories for what they really are, a party for the wealthy elite and  severely out of touch with  ordinary working families.

A brutal and uncaring  Austerity  party for the few and who, as by past polices  show ,will think nothing of  attacking  the old, poor and disabled and the most vulnerable in our society.

:thumbsdown:

AlphonseCapone

Quelle surprise that JC and the IRA issue is taking centre stage this week in the media after the Tories lead is being decimated with the social care reform announcement, despite the issue having been done to the death in the past.

The media in this country don't even try to their agenda these days.

Quelle surprise that JC and the IRA issue is taking centre stage this week in the media after the Tories lead is being decimated with the social care reform announcement, despite the issue having been done to the death in the past.

The media in this country don't even try to their agenda these days.

I think most people are waking up to the bias of media now

Be it Guardian or the Daily mail.

Both mislead and follow agendas.

Its the likes of the BBC that are more worrying as they still have some weight.

Even though their political editor should have been fired for her agenda against Corbyn.

And their lies over the Syrian conflict.

Its all a farce in reality though.

SwindonJambo

DA5oG8lXgAADPsH.jpg

That woman is a totally incoherent and inconsistent fruitcake and electoral liability. The very fact that she has enjoyed paid employment in politics for most of her working life is the 8th wonder of the World. I normally vote Labour but won't touch them with a shitty stick under the current regime.

AlimOzturk

I ignore the media. Don't even buy newspaper these days.

Of I didn't I would a seething mess of anger at Corbyn. Turns out he is a decent guy trying to do the impossible.

Maroon Sailor

I ignore the media. Turns out he is a decent guy trying to do the impossible.

You've formed that opinion of him by listening to him through the media

The media are the media, good and bad, you just have to judge for yourself what you believe is true and what is not.

maroonlegions

I think most people are waking up to the bias of media now

Be it Guardian or the Daily mail.

Both mislead and follow agendas.

Its the likes of the BBC that are more worrying as they still have some weight.

Even though their political editor should have been fired for her agenda against Corbyn.

And their lies over the Syrian conflict.

Its all a farce in reality though.

Bang on mate.

From the day one Corbyn faced a character  assassination onslaught from the media, the right wing media in particular were and still are afraid of him. 

From IRA sympathiser and terrorist apologist to the dangerous radical loonie leftie he was berated relentlessly  from the media.

18740074_1484419154935544_50502676062378

What the right wing media and the governments mouth piece the impartial BBC conveniently  forgot to mention in their attacks on Corbyn.  :facepalm:

maroonlegions

You've formed that opinion of him by listening to him through the media

The media are the media, good and bad, you just have to judge for yourself what you believe is true and what is not.

While being influenced by the media , is what the media are very good at, swaying  peoples perceptions before they make their own minds up. :laugh4:

Maroon Sailor

DA5oG8lXgAADPsH.jpg

She's also changed her hairstyle

maroonlegions

Corbyn must be gaining support for his parties manifesto, again another YouGov poll sees the Tory lead lashed again, to think the Tories were 20 points ahead when Mat called this snap election, impressive.

Huge poll boost for Labour means the prime minister risks humiliation in the?
UK.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Space Mackerel

Corbyn must be gaining support for his parties manifesto, again another YouGov poll sees the Tory lead lashed again, to think the Tories were 20 points ahead when Mat called this snap election, impressive.

Theresa May faces disaster after new poll finds Corbyn slashing her majority to just 2 seats

Huge poll boost for Labour means the prime minister risks humiliation in the?

BJUEHm_Y9Ww.pngShare

UK.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Strong and stable capitulation :rofl:

Is this getting to the stage where if Scots return to the Labour party in reasonable numbers, he could actually win it?

Funny old game.

maroonlegions

FFS ..   :laugh4:

They just cannot stop lying about Mays  implications and contributions to failed foreign policies when she was  Home Secretary. :laugh4:

Take this interview with  James Cleverly a senior Tory on BBC radio"s 5 Live  programme and  who is a candidate in this years election.

This senior Tory tried to  blamed Corbyn in all his answers he gave to questions poised directly to him by Emma Burnet on the  BBC radio 5 Live.

Barnetts question was simple enough and wholly deserving of a straight answer one would think but oh no , not with Cleverly. :laugh4:

He seen what he thought was a  opportunity to implicate Corbyn but it back fired. :laugh4:

We are expected to trust these liars and cowards with the safety and security of our country..??

This senior Tory is either totally out of touch with past or present Tory  foreign policies or is just simply lying. :facepalm:

AlphonseCapone

Is this getting to the stage where if Scots return to the Labour party in reasonable numbers, he could actually win it?

Funny old game.

This possibility is exactly why I'm pretty torn about how to vote.

Space Mackerel

FFS .. :laugh4:

They just cannot stop lying about Mays implications and contributions to failed foreign policies when she was Home Secretary. :laugh4:

Take this interview with James Cleverly a senior Tory on BBC radio"s 5 Live programme and who is a candidate in this years election.

This senior Tory tried to blamed Corbyn in all his answers he gave to questions poised directly to him by Emma Burnet on the BBC radio 5 Live.

Barnetts question was simple enough and wholly deserving of a straight answer one would think but oh no , not with Cleverly. :laugh4:

He seen what he thought was a opportunity to implicate Corbyn but it back fired. :laugh4:

We are expected to trust these liars and cowards with the safety and security of our country..??

This senior Tory is either totally out of touch with past or present Tory foreign policies or is just simply lying. :facepalm:

Theresa May must be absolutely furious after this senior Tory fell apart live on the BBC [AUDIO] | The Canary

OUCH

THECANARY.CO

:lies:

That is one of the biggest political car crash interviews I've ever heard.

And to think we have posters on here defending these inept idiots.

This possibility is exactly why I'm pretty torn about how to vote.

I find myself in the same position, I doubt we are the only ones.

I find myself in the same position, I doubt we are the only ones.

I'll stick with the SNP as I would like to see Labour form a minority government by going into coalition with parties from the other three countries as I believe this would be the best scenario for all the countries of the UK to negotiate the Brexit process. After all, we are four separate countries under one (conjoined) flag and the Europeans aren't just leaving it to Germany or Luxembourg to do all the negotiations, no, they are involving every country in their Union whereas the Tories want carte blanche to do all the negotiating for themselves which will only get a deal suitable for the home counties of England and the rich and powerful.

Rudolf's Mate

Theres your Corbyn about to call out the SNP for "passing on austerity" whilst the resolution foundation found that they've only pledged to reverse less than 25% of cuts.

I want to support him but he's a hopeless shill who has kowtowed to the right of his fractured party.

Careful that doesn't fit with hardcore Scottish voters that believe it's everyone against the Tories.

Theres your Corbyn about to call out the SNP for "passing on austerity" whilst the resolution foundation found that they've only pledged to reverse less than 25% of cuts.

I want to support him but he's a hopeless shill who has kowtowed to the right of his fractured party.

The SNP have passed on austerity.

The SNP have never proposed total reversal of all the cuts that have previously been made.

Archived