Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

Rudolf's Mate

I have absolutely no issue with any party that listens to people and changes one or more of their policies. And I'm not saying that in defence of the Tories. Any party should be able to listen to its voters/public and accept they've made a mistake.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

Corbyn rightly points to Austerity cuts  that have been made to the police and security services in his speech.

By sating that any government  must minimise the threat of terrorism on our streets and it does not start with making Austerity cuts on the numbers of Police on the streets and cuts to other security services. 

"This is my commitment to our country. I want the solidarity, humanity and compassion that we have seen on the streets of Manchester this week to be the values that guide our government. There can be no love of country if there is neglect or disregard for its people".

"No government can prevent every terrorist attack. If an individual is determined enough and callous enough sometimes they will get through".

"But the responsibility of government is to minimise that chance ? to ensure the police have the resources they need, that our foreign policy reduces rather than increases the threat to this country and that at home we never surrender the freedoms we have won and that terrorists are so determined to take away."

Are kiddy on left wing Natz still calling Labour the Red Toaries up here, or has that been ditched recently? ?

maroonlegions

One thing that has struck me is the lack off accountability of Mays past when she was Home Secretary from  some quarters of the Tory based  MSM. 

That she was  once the Home Secretary and was in a position to secure our borders but stilled done Arms  deals with such brutal regimes like the one in Saudi Arabia is fundamental in  regressing or limiting at least the threat of terrorism  atrocities  on the  UK  mainland.

From Austerity cuts to the Police and security services as mentioned before it does makes me believe that she cannot be trusted with the bigger picture of combating or minimising  threats  to the UK from terrorism abroad.

The UKs involvement in over seas actions like red Tory Blairs Iraqi invasion which was   based on lies regarding WMD is a factor here.

Every action has a knock on event and that knock on advent could very well be back firing, it has NOT solved terrorism the streets of the UK.

Our actions like the Iraqi war could be seen in the light of making a problem worse and not better.

Of course our resident right wing utra neo Con Selfservatibes,"(Tories), will spin Corbyn as nothing more than a  terrorist sympathiser and a cranky old out dated left wing radical who is in bed with ISIS.    

maroonlegions

Are kiddy on left wing Natz still calling Labour the Red Toaries up here, or has that been ditched recently? ?

The red Toaries slant was indeed funny as feck,but while i am no kiddy  on Natz you could always look to the  Blarites for your answer.

Maroon Sailor

Andrew Neil roasting him as well

He's asked if he can tell the British people if he supports the renewal of Trident

FS Corbyn just answer the question !

The red Toaries slant was indeed funny as feck,but while i am no kiddy on Natz you could always look to the Blarites for your answer.

Leaving aside how humorous or otherwise the Red Toaries jibe is......In the wake of the Labour Manifesto, are SNP fanboys still using it to describe Labour. And if so, are they managing to keep a straight face?

It's based on their voting record in Westminster, either by siding with the Tories or through abstention. One manifesto that will never see the light of day doesn't change their behavior over the last 5+ years.

Sounds a bit similar to the SNP talking Left at Westminster in opposition while acting Right in power at Holyrood. Passing on Tory austerity measures, cutting local government budgets.........

Anyway, I'm not interested in left wing politics so I'll leave this. Just find the irony deliciously satisfying.

Sounds a bit similar to the SNP talking Left at Westminster in opposition while acting Right in power at Holyrood. Passing on Tory austerity measures, cutting local government budgets.........

Anyway, I'm not interested in left wing politics so I'll leave this. Just find the irony deliciously satisfying.

Both traitors, red and blue.

Abbott on channel 4 news....any good Corbyn has done is unravelling quickly. Why do they let that woman out her box!

Abbott on channel 4 news....any good Corbyn has done is unravelling quickly. Why do they let that woman out her box!

What's she saying now? She cracks me up so she does.

What's she saying now? She cracks me up so she does.

Nothing absolutely nothing it's just words. I think what she is trying to say Corbyn speech wasn't linked to the Manchester bombing...to do with austerity and foreign policy and it's effect on 20000 police offers...called out on it as scaremongering and the words just started!

Nothing absolutely nothing it's just words. I think what she is trying to say Corbyn speech wasn't linked to the Manchester bombing...to do with austerity and foreign policy and it's effect on 20000 police offers...called out on it as scaremongering and the words just started!

I think she's an undercover Torie, what a job she's doing, killing the Labour Party from the inside!!

Did she bring her calculator?

As if she's needs a calculator...think of a number and hey presto there's your answer...then waffle long enough so the ad break saves you having to give an accurate answer.

As if she's needs a calculator...think of a number and hey presto there's your answer...then waffle long enough so the ad break saves you having to give an accurate answer.

Total horseshit, every word in your post is severely right wing garbage.

Tell me this though , you really think that May is in any way a caring woman who cares for the poor,who is not afraid to stand on soap boxes and speak openly and directly at the people??

Your "utter creep" comment is more closer to home than you realise, that woman MAY for instance has had as many u turns from her parties manifesto proving she is any thing but a strong and stable leader, she is in fact all over the place. lol;

That woman who point blank refuses to have a one on one debate with Corbyn and who called a snap general election when she had promised never to do so.

Corbyn at least has integrity and a heart and unlike May and people like her Corybn is sticking to his words unlike slippery cowardly May , who incidentally was torn a new one by Andrew Neil in an interview she had with him when he slated her on her failures of previous promises she had made on national debt and immigration.

When May was Home Secretary she was responsible for mismanagement of border controls that made Mr Bean look smart. She and her party have also contributed to the loss of over 20,000 bobbies on the streets and made cuts in security services and lets not for get her arms deals with the highly vile country Saudi Arabia.??

Rancid corp of a party is better served with May and all she stands for, which is self interests for the cooperate elite , Tories eh, they give true meaning to the term Selfservatives.

'Garbage' as in 'don't hit me with facts'?

Please dispute the following stated and leave your feelings and ire about the right to the side -

Corbyn named Hamas and Hezbollah as his 'friends'.

He thinks Islam at it's core is a religion of peace. (Eid msg last year)

He talks about radicalisation and never mentions the 'I' word in security speeches. (I need to know if hes worried about radical poets).

He attended IRA rallies and invited Sinn Fein to parliament day after Brighton bombing.

He voted against 13 anti terror bills including one to designate Al Qaeda as such in 1998.

His right hand man McDonnell voted against G Friday agreement.

With Galloway he addressed 'the people' and blamed the UK democracy project in Iraq for the choice of a British Pakistani family man and devoted Muslim to orchestrate and blow himself up on tube on 7/7.

He hosted press TV show - an Iranian state propaganda Chanel (a country which executes gays) where he discussed the worldwide Zionist conspiracy.

He thought Chavez and Venezuela were bang on the money and true heroes.

Oh and for what is worth I give two fs for Theresa May ('sharia has brought many benefits to our country). But her vapidness means she is less likely to get in bed let alone align with anti west on such a regular basis as Comrade Corbyn.

'Garbage' as in 'don't hit me with facts'?

Please dispute the following stated and leave your feelings and ire about the right to the side -

Corbyn named Hamas and Hezbollah as his 'friends'.

He thinks Islam at it's core is a religion of peace. (Eid msg last year)

He talks about radicalisation and never mentions the 'I' word in security speeches. (I need to know if hes worried about radical poets).

He attended IRA rallies and invited Sinn Fein to parliament day after Brighton bombing.

He voted against 13 anti terror bills including one to designate Al Qaeda as such in 1998.

His right hand man McDonnell voted against G Friday agreement.

With Galloway he addressed 'the people' and blamed the UK democracy project in Iraq for the choice of a British Pakistani family man and devoted Muslim to orchestrate and blow himself up on tube on 7/7.

He hosted press TV show - an Iranian state propaganda Chanel (a country which executes gays) where he discussed the worldwide Zionist conspiracy.

He thought Chavez and Venezuela were bang on the money and true heroes.

Oh and for what is worth I give two fs for Theresa May ('sharia has brought many benefits to our country). But her vapidness means she is less likely to get in bed let alone align with anti west on such a regular basis as Comrade Corbyn.

Hasn't Diane Abbott got a bit of history around this type of rhetoric also?

Here's one from Diane's education policy - if you criticise private schools for 10 years, then spend 10 grand a year on your son's private school education, what is the square root of hypocrisy? The literary analysis of Animal Farm is in the English exam...

MacDonald Jardine

One thing that has struck me is the lack off accountability of Mays past when she was Home Secretary from some quarters of the Tory based MSM.

That she was once the Home Secretary and was in a position to secure our borders but stilled done Arms deals with such brutal regimes like the one in Saudi Arabia is fundamental in regressing or limiting at least the threat of terrorism atrocities on the UK mainland.

From Austerity cuts to the Police and security services as mentioned before it does makes me believe that she cannot be trusted with the bigger picture of combating or minimising threats to the UK from terrorism abroad.

The UKs involvement in over seas actions like red Tory Blairs Iraqi invasion which was based on lies regarding WMD is a factor here.

Every action has a knock on event and that knock on advent could very well be back firing, it has NOT solved terrorism the streets of the UK.

Our actions like the Iraqi war could be seen in the light of making a problem worse and not better.

Of course our resident right wing utra neo Con Selfservatibes,"(Tories), will spin Corbyn as nothing more than a terrorist sympathiser and a cranky old out dated left wing radical who is in bed with ISIS.

Jeremy Corbyn links foreign policy to growing terror threat

Labour leader will resume electioneering with emphasis on links between terrorism at home and wars abroad

19 hours ago ? theguardian.com

How does that stop attacks like this week's though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Andrew Neil roasting him as well

He's asked if he can tell the British people if he supports the renewal of Trident

FS Corbyn just answer the question !

We all know the answer though.

He doesn't.

I don't know why but I expected better of Andrew Neil.

MacDonald Jardine

Both traitors, red and blue.

Yellow?

Yellow?

The Libdems are Irrelevant!

MacDonald Jardine

The Libdems are Irrelevant!

Okay what colour are the SNP using now?

Okay what colour are the SNP using now?

Scottish independence isn't treacherous, selling your country to another is beyond scum.

MacDonald Jardine

Scottish independence isn't treacherous, selling your country to another is beyond scum.

Right then.

So making promises you don't keep is treacherous on the part of Unionist parties.

Making promises you don't even attempt to keep while in power is acceptable for the SNP because it's all for the greater good of independence.

Do I have this right?

Right then.

So making promises you don't keep is treacherous on the part of Unionist parties.

Making promises you don't even attempt to keep while in power is acceptable for the SNP because it's all for the greater good of independence.

Do I have this right?

There's a difference, the SNP don't have full power, Christ they're not even allowed to empower their manifesto. There's a thing, if Scotland isn't politically oppressed , why no indyref2. Holyrood voted it through, did the not?

Lovely big bridge opens in August well under budget. And the Motorway upgrades are nearly finished. Oh nice super hospital too. Education at early years should be better, but kids are getting jobs and further education.

Just think what a Scottish government could do with full power. The EU was the beginning of Scotland breaking the chains of trade with England. Independence is only a matter of when. Maybe you help out.

BTW, The UK/GB isn't a country. Scotland and England are. Its just a smaller version of the EU, that England runs, funny that.

MacDonald Jardine

There's a difference, the SNP don't have full power, Christ they're not even allowed to empower their manifesto. There's a thing, if Scotland isn't politically oppressed , why no indyref2. Holyrood voted it through, did the not?

Lovely big bridge opens in August well under budget. And the Motorway upgrades are nearly finished. Oh nice super hospital too. Education at early years should be better, but kids are getting jobs and further education.

Just think what a Scottish government could do with full power. The EU was the beginning of Scotland breaking the chains of trade with England. Independence is only a matter of when. Maybe you help out.

There really isn't.

The SNP blame everything on Westminster.

What confidence can people have when they don't use the full extent of the powers they have now, retain a surplus but moan about Tory austerity and how things would be different if we were independent?

There really isn't.

The SNP blame everything on Westminster.

What confidence can people have when they don't use the full extent of the powers they have now, retain a surplus but moan about Tory austerity and how things would be different if we were independent?

You don't think full democracy and tax and spend under independence would be better? JC!

BTW I'm voting for independence in indyref2 not the SNP. I'll vote for them in the Holyrood election, I would've voted Labour(June the 8th), if they weren't opposed to Scottish Independence. Quite weird from the Home rule party of Keir Hardie and Robert Graham.

BTW, The UK/GB isn't a country. Scotland and England are. Its just a smaller version of the EU, that England runs, funny that.

Do they only spend money generated in Scotland for all these bridges and roads and jobs?? Did they only use Scottish firms to build all these bridges and roads is it only Scottish companies these kids are getting jobs with...??

Do they only spend money generated in Scotland for all these bridges and roads and jobs?? Did they only use Scottish firms to build all these bridges and roads is it only Scottish companies these kids are getting jobs with...??

Does it have to be?

Does the UK government use its own money? What's the debt total?

Buy expensive Scottish steel = ripping off the taxpayer

Duy cheap imported steel = Dey took oor jobs!

Cannae win likes.

ToadKiller Dog

Thought Corbyn handled himself far better than May under interview from old Brilo pad .

Early days but shades of Baldwin's tariff election in 1923 .

Yeah, lets bomb our enemies rather than sitting down and attempting resolution through dialogue.

You sound like a driveling warmonger.

Again, I'm not sure what the insults are referring to. Just as 'garbage' suggests lies, 'driveling' would suggest lack of clarity. Please point it out.

If I was being cruel I would say I fully support Jezbollah Corbyn sitting down with IS in Raqqa in an effort to make more 'friends' but we all know how that would end.

Westminister control the budget, who else would be to blame?

What "extent of powers?"

the ability to raise tax by is it 1p in the pound?

MacDonald Jardine

Westminister control the budget, who else would be to blame?

What "extent of powers?"

As someone else has posted, tax raising powers.

IIRC they had a surplus on their budget last year while imposing cuts on local authorities.

The cuts were blamed on Westminster.

They also have universal free care for over 65s, universal free eye tests and prescriptions.

They refuse to use their tax raising powers.

Yet any financial restrictions are Westminster's fault.

Bowmans_Boot

As someone else has posted, tax raising powers.

IIRC they had a surplus on their budget last year while imposing cuts on local authorities.

The cuts were blamed on Westminster.

They also have universal free care for over 65s, universal free eye tests and prescriptions.

They refuse to use their tax raising powers.

Yet any financial restrictions are Westminster's fault.

Have you read anything regarding their reasons for not raising tax?

How does that stop attacks like this week's though?

Too late to stop Manchester but I think Corbyn's called it about right on terrorist attacks being linked to foreign policy.

Funny to see the Tory/Lib dem mock outrage on this.

Gaining respect imho.

Too late to stop Manchester but I think Corbyn's called it about right on terrorist attacks being linked to foreign policy.

Funny to see the Tory/Lib dem mock outrage on this.

Gaining respect imho.

I think you will find that farron agreed with the content and only questioned the timing bur nevermind

So you are happy to pay more tax to mitigate enforced and completely unnecessary austerity measures?

And besides, the new "tax raising powers" is a trap, was set up intentionally as a trap and has been acknowledged by all sides as a trap.

Deary me. To cancel these changes you'd need to spend more to cover the cut. Ergo more tax. This isn't mitigating anything its protecting peoples livelihoods and living conditions.

I think you will find that farron agreed with the content and only questioned the timing bur nevermind

According to the BBC - Farron accused Corbyn of using the "grotesque" attack in Manchester, to "make a political point" !

If one of the main causes of terrorism isn't political, what exactly is it Mr Farron ?

MacDonald Jardine

Have you read anything regarding their reasons for not raising tax?

No. There may well be reasons. But if money is tight why all this universal provision regardless of means?

MacDonald Jardine

So you are happy to pay more tax to mitigate enforced and completely unnecessary austerity measures?

And besides, the new "tax raising powers" is a trap, was set up intentionally as a trap and has been acknowledged by all sides as a trap.

No I wouldn't be happy and I don't agree with the austerity measures of the UK government.

I just don't see the point, other than political opportunism, in moaning about a lack of funding but not using all the tools you have.

Like it or not, the UK elected and will again elect a Tory government on an austerity agenda. You work with what you've got.

AlphonseCapone

Thought Corbyn's speech and his Andrew Neil interview went well. In fact better than May's. Added to that, I feel leaders debates show up poorly beside these interviews. Much prefer them.

Anyone see this?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1316022188475721&id=986903328054277

Indeed. May was horrendous. Can't handle being questioned. No wonder her advisors try and keep her away from any situation where she might be asked questions she hasn't been briefed on beforehand.

Rudolf's Mate

Corbyn on Friday: I have never met any members of the IRA.

Abbott today: He has met with members of the IRA in the capacity of Sinn Fein [emoji23]

MacDonald Jardine

So you agree with what I said but somehow still see the SNP as responsible for the false austerity agenda?

No I don't see the SNP as responsible. If they genuinely felt though that greater public spending was the way forward they have the means to raise more through taxes. They have chosen not to. That smacks to me of political expediency in that it allows them to jump up and down about the nasty UK government, without trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Archived