Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking manifesto other than the anti Indy bit.

Corbyn's Labour - tough on wealth, tough on the causes of wealth.

The cause being the exploitation of the poor. But you keep banging the elitist drum. The wealth creators and job creator pish. The creators of sickness, slums, division, hopelessness and utter greed. These people would have nothing without the means to exploit the people of this world. Utter Tory scum and they're backers.

Nookie Bear

Cracking manifesto other than the anti Indy bit.

Apart from the small matter of Indy, does Corbyn's manifesto resonate with you more than Sturgeon's, on the whole?

The Tories are probably looking at who can take over from May, who is as bad as Cameron......that is bad !

Even a small dent in their majority will trigger her demise. Good riddance !

All this is down to a realisation that, after brexit and Trump, the electorate are capable of anything....and Corbyn knows it !

Expect a smear in the coming two weeks.

Apart from the small matter of Indy, does Corbyn's manifesto resonate with you more than Sturgeon's, on the whole?

I've not read the saviour's yet. But at this point, Indy is all that matters. Until then we won't amount to much, other than some other country's bitch, or in other words, cannon fodder.

Nookie Bear

I've not read the saviour's yet. But at this point, Indy is all that matters. Until then we won't amount to much, other than some other country's bitch, or in other words, cannon fodder.

Fair enough, mate!

Fair enough, mate!

I like it, bud. But Labour seem to be hypocritical when it comes to Scottish Independence. In fact they all seem to be hypocrites when it comes to Scottish Independence and other nations sovereignty.

But fwiw, I'd vote for that type of Labour manifesto in an Independent Scotland, in a heartbeat!

Nookie Bear

I like it, bud. But Labour seem to be hypocritical when it comes to Scottish Independence. In fact they all seem to be hypocrites when it comes to Scottish Independence and other nations sovereignty.

But fwiw, I'd vote for that type of Labour manifesto in an Independent Scotland, in a heartbeat!

That's what I think a lot of people are thinking right now - it seems much more in tune with how people want the Labour party to be.

Difference is there isn't as much accumulation of wealth kept in Scotland to tax in that manner which for such a spending programme results in Scandinavian style taxation. All fair if people are willing to pay for it.

Difference is there isn't as much accumulation of wealth kept in Scotland to tax in that manner which for such a spending programme results in Scandinavian style taxation. All fair if people are willing to pay for it.

Not if a hypothetical future Scottish government is willing to take what would be considered (sadly) a radical step and create its own money for the benefit of its citizens instead of having it issued as debt by private banks for them to skim off the top.

Not if a hypothetical future Scottish government is willing to take what would be considered (sadly) a radical step and create its own money for the benefit of its citizens instead of having it issued as debt by private banks for them to skim off the top.

So Quantitative Easing (print money)? You'd firstly need your own currency.

Unknown user

So Quantitative Easing (print money)? You'd firstly need your own currency.

Creating a currency and quantitative easing aren't the same thing at all!

Edit I see what you're saying, I think you're misunderstanding the other dude. He's saying that creating a currency would solve the problem of wealth actually being kept in Scotland- I think!

This is a serious question. You are hell bent on indy at all cost. You're willing to by pass a manifesto you like. You are waiting on SNP'S to be launched, assuming it'll be something you agree with but what if it's not?

Anyway the question. What is it about indy that makes you this way. You seem like a reasonably intelligent individual but are willing to ignore everything to get an indy scotland. In my view I've still seen no concrete evidence to suggest we'd be better off. Where as a Labour vote within the union may give you what you want?

Barry Gardner getting a roasting on Daily Politics, where do the find these folk?

ToadKiller Dog

So he won't roll back the Tory cuts to disability payments and benefits but will find money for trident .

His party seems happy to prop up Tory lead councils in various parts of Scotland which is an odd move for a so called progressive parties getting in bed with a hard right agenda Party .

All about power .

Labours stead fast opposition to Indy ref is what will wipe them out in Scotland in the election as they can't out Unionist the Tory lot .

As the removal of holyrood powers over renewables by the house of lords shows Labour are happy to join the Tory spivs to remove Holyrood powers by the back door .

Labours 1St 2ND and 3rd policy in Scotland is defend the union .

maroonlegions

Tough on the causes of poverty, tough on the massive tax cuts to corporation tax.

NHS well, privatisation coming to a NHS hospital near you?? 

18199046_202735246902205_919879487922385

Or lucky enough to actually own a house in the first place.

maroonlegions

So he won't roll back the Tory cuts to disability payments and benefits but will find money for trident .

His party seems happy to prop up Tory lead councils in various parts of Scotland which is an odd move for a so called progressive parties getting in bed with a hard right agenda Party .

All about power .

Labours stead fast opposition to Indy ref is what will wipe them out in Scotland in the election as they can't out Unionist the Tory lot .

As the removal of holyrood powers over renewables by the house of lords shows Labour are happy to join the Tory spivs to remove Holyrood powers by the back door .

Labours 1St 2ND and 3rd policy in Scotland is defend the union .

WTF are you on about??

ToadKiller Dog

Would seem the overarching principle is anyone but the Nats.

Even if that means the Tories.

Says a lot.

Herald saying Dugdale rumoured to be threatening to suspend every Labour councillor in Aberdeen .

Going to get rough .

Exactly, but as it stands we don't have the power to put our tax and spend to accommodate it. It is nonsense to think WM would allow Scotland to flourish. It will never be allowed inside the union.

This is a serious question. You are hell bent on indy at all cost. You're willing to by pass a manifesto you like. You are waiting on SNP'S to be launched, assuming it'll be something you agree with but what if it's not?

Anyway the question. What is it about indy that makes you this way. You seem like a reasonably intelligent individual but are willing to ignore everything to get an indy scotland. In my view I've still seen no concrete evidence to suggest we'd be better off. Where as a Labour vote within the union may give you what you want?

Electing our own Government, who run all of our affairs, just like the rest of the civilised world(post empire), that's good enough for me, not some Tory government who don't give a shit about us.

Only the union has cost us. And a bigger cost is still to come. But the union at any cost? Rudy.

Jeremy, I don't care if she says you're a duff. Keep Diane Abbott the feck away from the TV cameras and microphones. She's fecking horrendous. Plus, tell Tom and John to GTF, asap. Cretins.

I'm not overly opposed to local council deals with the Tories so long as there's no cuts agenda and no privatisation of public services.

All parties under an STV system have to be prepared to work with one another. Equally on the continent left-right deals are common: Germany, Austria, Holland and Ireland show this.

Equally the SNP up to this year were in SNP/Tory council deals and pacts. This current approach is to try and shut down a lot of this Tory advance and rise stuff. Nothing more. Afterall, its one thing to oppose welfare cuts from Whitehall, entirely another on licensing pubs, running bin collections, administering schools policy and running the buses.

However, the Aberdeen situation is bizarre. Not because of a local deal. But because the Aberdeen Labour councillors didn't run the deal past either the local party or the SEC. Two things that has to happen. Look at Edinburgh for that where both deals with the SNP and Tories have been rejected by the local Edinburgh parties.

Would be interested to see more detail on the situation in Aberdeen.

Electing our own Government, who run all of our affairs, just like the rest of the civilised world(post empire), that's good enough for me, not some Tory government who don't give a shit about us.

Only the union has cost us. And a bigger cost is still to come. But the union at any cost? Rudy.

Its an interesting question and I really struggled to make my mind up the last time.

I listened to as much as I could from both sides and tried to filter out the noise for the real facts that would effect me. At that time ran my own business and dealt with a number of English and Central European based clients. I also had staff and had my suppliers to consider in terms of cost. I honestly couldn't convince myself as hard as I tried to believe it was going to be anything other than detrimental to my business, certainly in the short term so I guess fear of the unknown and personal circumstances lead me to a no vote.

This time round with so many changes to the landscape in terms of the EU and the world economy as a whole. The false (I think) promise of oil revenue, immigration, terrorism etc etc I feel like it's become a personal quest from Nicola Sturgeon to force through independence with out any real consideration of the consequences.

We are part of a Union that stands pretty strong in the world and I think it's the wrong time for another vote. I really think the SNP need to focus on making us a strong country ready to leave the UK with a solid base to do so that gives us real answers to what independence looks like.

Hopefully that answers the question and is as respectful as intended. I'm not against independence if it means a better life for my kids but right now I don't believe it would provide that.

ToadKiller Dog

Watched the interview with the Aberdeen labour council leader on STV .

Clearly an old pals act joining the Tory's more to do with self interest than anything political or for the people of Aberdeen , guy sounded like he has never had a political idea in his life .

Old style grubby council politics .

Interesting to see how Dugdale deals with this .

Its an interesting question and I really struggled to make my mind up the last time.

I listened to as much as I could from both sides and tried to filter out the noise for the real facts that would effect me. At that time ran my own business and dealt with a number of English and Central European based clients. I also had staff and had my suppliers to consider in terms of cost. I honestly couldn't convince myself as hard as I tried to believe it was going to be anything other than detrimental to my business, certainly in the short term so I guess fear of the unknown and personal circumstances lead me to a no vote.

This time round with so many changes to the landscape in terms of the EU and the world economy as a whole. The false (I think) promise of oil revenue, immigration, terrorism etc etc I feel like it's become a personal quest from Nicola Sturgeon to force through independence with out any real consideration of the consequences.

We are part of a Union that stands pretty strong in the world and I think it's the wrong time for another vote. I really think the SNP need to focus on making us a strong country ready to leave the UK with a solid base to do so that gives us real answers to what independence looks like.

Hopefully that answers the question and is as respectful as intended. I'm not against independence if it means a better life for my kids but right now I don't believe it would provide that.

That's all fine and well. But when is it only the SNP who have to set this out?(You can't say oil was a broken promise, the industry took a worldwide dip, but is now recovering) As it stands the UK is down near 50% trade because of brexit with no plan given by the Tory party. All we have is her going after a 100 seat majority so she can just rip us all out because she know already, what the deal will be. Oh before I forget, I don't see much hysteria about a second GE within 2 years, but hey ho, never mind it's only the SNP that go on about Independence, isn't it.

Talk about GE, I don't see what Holyrood governance has to do with MPs at Westminster. They don't run the UK, a bit like Scotland, they don't get to decide. Until we do decide we deserve to be pummelled, by everyone.

I appreciate your post ,Rudy, BTW. Beats arguing all the time.

Would seem the overarching principle is anyone but the Nats.

Even if that means the Tories.

Says a lot.

It's all down to money, Boris. ?16,000 wage with the SNP, but they bag an extra ?50,000 of allowances with the Tories.

I don't know why.

I appreciate your post ,Rudy, BTW. Beats arguing all the time.

Indeed. I sure we'll be voting again soon so I'll make a decision then based on my circumstances. As for the GE I'm not too sure about the tory manifesto it's basically non committal on much and almost a just vote for us and we'll get you all through Brexit. I'd welcome another Brexit vote now rather than a GE. I honestly think in the cold light of day the vote would be overwhelmingly remain. I said at the time trusting the likes of that buffoon Boris Johnson and UKIP 2 completely irrelevant entities was going to cause no end of problems. Cameron got way too cocky after indy1 and saw a huge power grab. It's a shame he underestimated the immigration issue in England. Now May has been left to pick up the pieces she's going down the route of its happening our way when actually the will of the people is probably different now reality has kicked in.

Whoever is advising JC needs sacked. He should be taking every opportunity going to sell himself, Manifesto and Party to the electorate. Every minute he takes up , is one less minute consumed by the Tories.

Get working Jeremy, that goes for the SNP, make yourself heard. Don't allow the BBC and the papers to ignore and mislead.

Seymour M Hersh

Not so tough on terrorist organisations they call friends though.

Space Mackerel

I get where you're coming from but I could never vote for a party for whom it's leader attended and also gave speeches at commemorations for fallen terrorists during the troubles!

Giving or receiving?[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like this photo.

287fb56418b015ac255c1fbdcb8faaf9.jpg

I like this photo.

The man who literally fought to free his country of British rule....and you're not a fan....weird just plain weird.

Rudolf's Mate

I like this photo.

9e57c1b8d2ccb6a99890ccd2c8565d1b.png

However none of those in the pics (other than McGuiness) have spoken at fallen IRA members commemorations whereas Corbyn has. Not like you to twist the point for your own agenda [emoji52]

Anyhoo I'd have thought you'd be backing me here seeing as you used to be a Rangers man n that [emoji12]

Nookie Bear

The man who literally fought to free his country of British rule....and you're not a fan....weird just plain weird.

Yep - poster boy for the SNP

Maroon Sailor

No pics of Corbyn and the IRA terrorists sharing a joke or two ?

Rudolf's Mate

No pics of Corbyn and the IRA terrorists sharing a joke or two ?

687ab939debf6ea08c4004a125eb08d0.png

Probably not joking seeing as it was a commemoration for Bobby Sands.

Supposedly Gerry was raging that they were served chicken in a basket!

Probably not joking seeing as it was a commemoration for Bobby Sands.

Supposedly Gerry was raging that they were served chicken in a basket!

I thought it was a chicken supper not chicken in a basket?!

Rudolf's Mate

I thought it was a chicken supper not chicken in a basket?!

It was indeed however I was trying to avoid accusations of sectarianism should I use that particular wording.

Maroon Sailor

caption contest

You know what Gerry, I really could go a chicken supper

Rudolf's Mate

You know what Gerry, I really could go a chicken supper

Gerry have you thought about telling the lads they'll get 72 virgins if they wear a vest.

It was indeed however I was trying to avoid accusations of sectarianism should I use that particular wording.

I thought so!

True story; I had a springer spaniel a few years ago, the dirtiest sod in the kennel I've ever had, I would walk the dogs in the morning, put them back in the kennels, within minutes he'd have shit, he was totally hyper and would run up and down up and then jump up and down up down, the shit would be all over the kennel walls!!! Bobby Sands was what my mates called him!

Archived