Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With what?  The Scottish budget has not escaped austerity, they've mitigated what they can.

Correct. They also cannot win at Westminster so are unable to propose a total reversal of all the cuts that have previously been made.

Just to say I'm not hounding you X2, I just find you to be one of the better political posters on these threads and worth engaging with.

It's easy to jump up and down and say the media are biased etc. However in light of the atrocities in Manchester I think it's a fairly reasonable line of questioning to the potential Prime Minster and Home Secretary on their past association with terrorist organisations and policy on counter terrorism to protect the public.

It's ridiculous to assume the general public don't want to know about these subjects. Not everyone understands Austerity and GDP etc. NHS, schools, benefits and protecting the nation are high on people's agendas.

For the record I think Corbyn has done a decent job but if May had a history of terrorist associates and the media didn't jump on it those calling out the media for asking Corbyn and that Abbott character would be all over it demanding answers.

It's easy to jump up and down and say the media are biased etc. However in light of the atrocities in Manchester I think it's a fairly reasonable line of questioning to the potential Prime Minster and Home Secretary on their past association with terrorist organisations and policy on counter terrorism to protect the public.

It's ridiculous to assume the general public don't want to know about these subjects. Not everyone understands Austerity and GDP etc. NHS, schools, benefits and protecting the nation are high on people's agendas.

For the record I think Corbyn has done a decent job but if May had a history of terrorist associates and the media didn't jump on it those calling out the media for asking Corbyn and that Abbott character would be all over it demanding answers.

Yep, good post. Labour are desperate to avoid these questions, understandable, Im sure people would have more respect for them if they'd release a statement detailing their position then and now in full.

Don't you think that a connection with (ex)terrorists would be handy in dealing with (active)terrorists? I know they work along different lines but the thinking must have similarities. 

MacDonald Jardine

Don't you think that a connection with (ex)terrorists would be handy in dealing with (active)terrorists? I know they work along different lines but the thinking must have similarities.

Absolutely!

Every government should have at least one former IRA member.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Absolutely!

Every government should have at least one former IRA member.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't think Jeremy was a member, was he?

I don't think Jeremy was a member, was he?

Id love to know just how close he was to the IRA, I'd be quite happy if he was genuinely trying to help the peace prosess?

Irish and Islamic terrorism are 2 entirely different beasts. Hopefully this thread doesn't deviate onto a detailed analysis of Islamic theology to show why.

Trapper John McIntyre

Jeremy Corbyn is an extremely smooth liar and disassembler of the truth. But now his sordid past has caught up with him.

He, McDonnell and Abbott are an absolute disgrace and an affront to democracy. And it is utterly shameful that the Labour Party has these horrible relics from its previously unelectable past in senior positions today. And so many young people are falling for their twaddle.

Theresa May is someone who's ambitions clearly extend beyond her abilities but unfortunately, at present, is the only candidate amongst a cabal of lightweights across all present political parties that can even be vaguely trusted with the office of Prime Minister.

Bloody sad state of affairs.

Jeremy Corbyn is an extremely smooth liar and disassembler of the truth. But now his sordid past has caught up with him.

He, McDonnell and Abbott are an absolute disgrace and an affront to democracy. And it is utterly shameful that the Labour Party has these horrible relics from its previously unelectable past in senior positions today. And so many young people are falling for their twaddle.

Theresa May is someone who's ambitions clearly extend beyond her abilities but unfortunately, at present, is the only candidate amongst a cabal of lightweights across all present political parties that can even be vaguely trusted with the office of Prime Minister.

The USA found themselves in the same position, seems we really do follow everything the Americans do :sad:

AlimOzturk

What a load of pish.

Space Mackerel

:rofl: x 10 to the power of UK debt.

Irish and Islamic terrorism are 2 entirely different beasts. Hopefully this thread doesn't deviate onto a detailed analysis of Islamic theology to show why.

That's what I implied with the "working along different lines" part of my post, although the knowledge of what type of people were willing to knowingly kill innocent people would surely help, or is at least worth exploring, especially as we have already failed once this current lot are past the thinking stage. 

Anyone trying to take the thread off in that direction due to my post would clearly be missing my point. All Intelligence is good intelligence. If our authorities aren't involving them already I would be very surprised.

This. And I never thought I'd say that about a Tory. As you suggest, it's an indictment of the current state of the LP, not a compliment for May.

I don't think it's just the IRA that lists amongst Jeremys pals. His previous views on terrorism are also questionable as are Abbots. While the west's actions in various regions have cultivated much resentment and hate it's not that simple and if thats Corbyns starting point for discussions he will massively alienate the UK. Some may think that's a good thing personally with Brexit looming I think we're already leaving ourself open to exclusion.

It's going to be his downfall after so much good work. I'm certain the labour conspiracy theorists will be all over it but the fact remains when the UK was under attack from the IRA he was pals with them, that requires an honest explanation from him not to mention even more questionable views from his sidekick Abbott.

I do agree with the earlier view that the current collection of leaders is pretty weak.

SwindonJambo

Very well put and I couldn't agree more. I'm 50 and the current choice is the poorest I've ever had to pick from in my adult lifetime. I feel like spoiling my ballot paper. Where I live, a chimpanzee in a blue rosette would be elected and for all he's done, he might as well be one. Son of a Labour Peer too.

Very well put and I couldn't agree more. I'm 50 and the current choice is the poorest I've ever had to pick from in my adult lifetime. I feel like spoiling my ballot paper. Where I live, a chimpanzee in a blue rosette would be elected and for all he's done, he might as well be one. Son of a Labour Peer too.

Career politicians. No use to anybody. Where I am I have a choice, which kind of makes a mockery of Trappers post. Oh, and I'm 50 as well. Can't wait until my birthday. Never Let Them Forget.

I think most people are waking up to the bias of media now

Be it Guardian or the Daily mail.

Both mislead and follow agendas.

Its the likes of the BBC that are more worrying as they still have some weight.

Even though their political editor should have been fired for her agenda against Corbyn.

And their lies over the Syrian conflict.

Its all a farce in reality though.

This!

hahahaha someone posts a claim and when asked to give details they counter by saying you prove it :rofl:

I'll need to remember that one if I ever post unsubstantiated drivel and want to squirm out of it.

No one gives me any details, EVER! I don't ask anymore and just check for myself. All you get is #SNPBAD and the total bad mouthing of Scotland. Our oil, wind, waves, rain and fish are running out.

The cuts to benefits, rape clause, dementia, state pension, atos disability brutality etc... Is an attack on the poor, while the dirty rats at the other end who'd have nothing if not for the people who work themselves sick, get all the help they pay for. Vote Tory, they'll feck you over but hey you'll still vote them in. Union at all cost, Rudy, even the death of Scotland and her people. Obviously not you and your fellow Brits.

Tell me Rudy, why do Scotland not get to play by the same rules as all the other countries in the world. Seems we Cannae do anything. Oh and we need to have every plan detailed under Indy, yet no one else has to. Brexit had no details what so ever, nothing, at least the SNP had something to go on, maybe they should just plaster buses with lies, that seems to work.

JC says(Hate the way he's says,says), open to a Scotref, and will have discussions with Scottish Government about having one when Brexit is dealt with.

:yas:

Feck you Kezia and SLab!

Rudolf's Mate

No one gives me any details, EVER! I don't ask anymore and just check for myself. All you get is #SNPBAD and the total bad mouthing of Scotland. Our oil, wind, waves, rain and fish are running out.

The cuts to benefits, rape clause, dementia, state pension, atos disability brutality etc... Is an attack on the poor, while the dirty rats at the other end who'd have nothing if not for the people who work themselves sick, get all the help they pay for. Vote Tory, they'll feck you over but hey you'll still vote them in. Union at all cost, Rudy, even the death of Scotland and her people. Obviously not you and your fellow Brits.

Tell me Rudy, why do Scotland not get to play by the same rules as all the other countries in the world. Seems we Cannae do anything. Oh and we need to have every plan detailed under Indy, yet no one else has to. Brexit had no details what so ever, nothing, at least the SNP had something to go on, maybe they should just plaster buses with lies, that seems to work.

I don't trust any of them aussie tbh and I'd made my mind up a while ago that we had to give it a try (independence).

What you've said above is hard to disagree with as well. All I chuckled at was you posting something and then rather than backing it up telling someone else to prove it.

There's no doubt about it the Tories are being cagey as **** with details.

I don't trust any of them aussie tbh and I'd made my mind up a while ago that we had to give it a try (independence).

What you've said above is hard to disagree with as well. All I chuckled at was you posting something and then rather than backing it up telling someone else to prove it.

There's no doubt about it the Tories are being cagey as **** with details.

Fair enough. I just thought that if he disagreed with my point of view, it was up to him to show me the errors of my way, just for once. Instead, it's the same auld same auld, one word question from GK.

Rudolf's Mate

Fair enough. I just thought that if he disagreed with my point of view, it was up to him to show me the errors of my way, just for once. Instead, it's the same auld same auld, one word question from GK.

Don't get me wrong. I quote liked your response and may just adopt it myself going forward [emoji23]

Don't get me wrong. I quote liked your response and may just adopt it myself going forward [emoji23]

I would like to take the credit, but? :D

Maroon Sailor

Have to agree with Corbyn on the dinner parties etc ....

Still no regrets though

This is the point, if they just came out and said that in hindsight they were wrong to support the IRA, they could quell a lot of the confusion qnd mistrust, I don't think they will though.

John Findlay

There is a part of me that hopes he wins. Just so that those 20-30 years younger than me will get to see what a mess the likes of Corbyn and his cohorts will make of running the country. Winter of discontent MK II in the offing.

Maroon Sailor

There is a part of me that hopes he wins. Just so that those 20-30 years younger than me will get to see what a mess the likes of Corbyn and his cohorts will make of running the country. Winter of discontent MK II in the offing.

I agree. 

I don't think he could run a bath (judging by the state of him in the 80's) never mind the country

Bowmans_Boot

This is the point, if they just came out and said that in hindsight they were wrong to support the IRA, they could quell a lot of the confusion qnd mistrust, I don't think they will though.

Agreed. I think politicians underestimate the benefit and goodwill to be gained by being honest and open.

Maroon Sailor

Agreed. I think politicians underestimate the benefit and goodwill to be gained by being honest and open.

I don't know what he is trying to prove by not specifically condemning the IRA but has no problem in that Stephen Nolan piece in condemning the British Army.

Maroon Sailor

Has Corbyn ever come out and actually said he supported the IRA?

Has he ever been asked that question ?

John Findlay

Boris. Come on you are not that naive.

You are one of the better political debaters on here. You know the answer to that question before you asked it.

Space Mackerel

I think he had meetings with Sinn Fein, to say he was an IRA supporter is being pretty silly.

Rudolf's Mate

I think he had meetings with Sinn Fein, to say he was an IRA supporter is being pretty silly.

Jezza being one of the "comrades" after inviting Jerry and his other comrade Martin to Westminster.

bf304051307b48616454d788f51611d6.png

Space Mackerel

Jezza being one of the "comrades" after inviting Jerry and his other comrade Martin to Westminster.

bf304051307b48616454d788f51611d6.png

There were meetings going on with both sides during the conflict in NI. Labour, Tory. You could actually add in various US Presidents supported the IRA as they did nothing to stop the fundraising going on over there due to the large Irish diaspora.

This Corbyn thing is a right wing sleaze narrative.

Rudolf's Mate

There were meetings going on with both sides during the conflict in NI. Labour, Tory. You could actually add in various US Presidents supported the IRA as they did nothing to stop the fundraising going on over there due to the large Irish diaspora.

cad58da6e57b0105ed78c30b3021c6ee.png

Space Mackerel

cad58da6e57b0105ed78c30b3021c6ee.png

You been reading the Daily Heil again?

Rudolf's Mate

You been reading the Daily Heil again?

There's a picture later that day of someone with the same outfit and balaclava firing over a IRA coffin. Just sayin likes

JC says(Hate the way he's says,says), open to a Scotref, and will have discussions with Scottish Government about having one when Brexit is dealt with.

:yas:

Feck you Kezia and SLab!

Btw, after Brexit is SLab policy. So this really isn't a win for you.

Btw, after Brexit is SLab policy. So this really isn't a win for you.

What do you mean? A win for me.

Archived