Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

Rudolf's Mate

Only place I can find anything is here.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/in-case-you-still-werent-sure/

But if you listen to the 18 sec clip on the video she doesn't say she wants Labour voters to vote Tory, what she says is that in the Borders and Highlands the Tories are better placed to beat the SNP than Labour are.

And she is right about the Borders (my constituency) as Labour are a very distant 3rd some 12,000 votes behind the SNP and over 13,000 behind the Tories, so it's a straight fight between the Tories and the SNP in the Borders.

So she didn't say anything remotely close to what aussie is claiming :cornette:

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambo-Jimbo

I don't take any notice of WoS. I watched on YouTube and that's exactly what's she's implying, otherwise she'd have said vote labour, SNP or Libdem or even the greens. What a Muppet.

I've watched the full video on youtube and it is from 2:11 that the clip on WoS is taken from.

I do not see where you nor anybody else can think that Dugdale is urging Labour voters to vote for the Tories, she just does not say nor even implies that.

What she says is this.

"And the truth, the reality is in the vast majority of seats across Scotland it's only the Labour Party that can beat the SNP, there are a few differences in the Borders and the Highlands where the Tories might be better placed, but right across Scotland's central belt, where the vast majority of Scotland's population lives, the only party that can beat the SNP is the Labour Party."

Pray tell me, where does she urge Labour voters to go out and vote for the Tories?

What she is saying is that in most of Scotland it's Labour who are the challengers to the SNP apart from in the Borders and the Highlands where it is the Tories.

I've watched the full video on youtube and it is from 2:11 that the clip on WoS is taken from.

I do not see where you nor anybody else can think that Dugdale is urging Labour voters to vote for the Tories, she just does not say nor even implies that.

What she says is this.

"And the truth, the reality is in the vast majority of seats across Scotland it's only the Labour Party that can beat the SNP, there are a few differences in the Borders and the Highlands where the Tories might be better placed, but right across Scotland's central belt, where the vast majority of Scotland's population lives, the only party that can beat the SNP is the Labour Party."

Pray tell me, where does she urge Labour voters to go out and vote for the Tories?

What she is saying is that in most of Scotland it's Labour who are the challengers to the SNP apart from in the Borders and the Highlands where it is the Tories.

If you Cannae see what's the point.

Tories are better placed to beat the SNP are they. Oh really.

In the Highlands and the Borders, where she thinks she can't, you've just posted it yourself.

Anyway, feck the Tories, red or blue. Traitors to a man. You'll get what's coming, very soon.

Filth!

Bowmans_Boot

In the Highlands and the Borders, where she thinks she can't, you've just posted it yourself.

She really isn't saying what you are claiming at all.

Jambo-Jimbo

In my constituency they are as it's the only Tory seat in Scotland, in which Labour are a very distant 3rd some 12,000 votes behind the SNP who were in second place.

But we'll have to agree to disagree as you clearly are hearing something different to what I'm hearing in what Dugdale said.

However just for one minute lets just say she did say what you think she said, then why are the media not all over it, why are the SNP, the Tories, Lib Dems not calling for her resignation, surely they'd be all over it like a rash, but they're not, not a peep, not a word, now I wonder why that could be, maybe it's because she didn't say what you think she said afterall.

Rudolf's Mate

Anyway, feck the Tories, red or blue. Traitors to a man. You'll get what's coming, very soon.

Filth!

I'm sure they're quaking in their boots :facepalm:

In my constituency they are as it's the only Tory seat in Scotland, in which Labour are a very distant 3rd some 12,000 votes behind the SNP who were in second place.

But we'll have to agree to disagree as you clearly are hearing something different to what I'm hearing in what Dugdale said.

However just for one minute lets just say she did say what you think she said, then why are the media not all over it, why are the SNP, the Tories, Lib Dems not calling for her resignation, surely they'd be all over it like a rash, but they're not, not a peep, not a word, now I wonder why that could be, maybe it's because she didn't say what you think she said afterall.

I suppose it depends on how you interpret what she said.

She seems more intent on fighting the SNP than the Tories.  Stopping a second referendum seems to be more important to her than actually boosting the Labour vote.

Its only my opinion but she is alienating a large section of potential Labour voters who support Independence.  In my view this policy is the main reason Labour have lost all their support in Scotland.

She has actually managed to disengage both sides of the Independence debate within the Labour party. Thus some have turned to the Tories and even more to the SNP.

Finally Jeremy Corbyn has himself said he would allow a second referendum but Kezia thinks she knows better.

I'm sure they're quaking in their boots :facepalm:

I look forward to it.

Hahahahahahahaha

aussieh is gonna get you :facepalm:

No, I look forward to partitioning your Great Britain, when Scotland has it's border reestablished.

Tick Tock Empire

Rudolf's Mate

No, I look forward to partitioning your Great Britain, when Scotland has it's border reestablished.

Tick Tock Empire

You have issues pal [emoji23]

doctor jambo

I think Ayrshire may go Tory as well- council elections in May they were clearly ahead of SNP and Lab

robroy1874

Filth!

Ah - the voice of tolerance and harmony

Maroon Sailor

Out on his soapbox tomorrow

A place he thrives on and no doubt revel in bumping his gums about foreign policy

Spent his whole life apologising for the UK

Strong and stable bananas Jeremy, strong and stable bananas

Out on his soapbox tomorrow

A place he thrives on and no doubt revel in bumping his gums about foreign policy

Spent his whole life apologising for the UK

Strong and stable bananas Jeremy, strong and stable bananas

An utter creep of a man. A rehash of his ' we deserve this' after 7/7. Maybe he will get Galloway up with him or his pals in Hamas to spread the msg.

Between him and Burnham this WK Labour have shown themselves to be a rancid corpse of a party.

Maroon Sailor

An utter creep of a man. A rehash of his ' we deserve this' after 7/7. Maybe he will get Galloway up with him or his pals in Hamas to spread the msg.

Between him and Burnham this WK Labour have shown themselves to be a rancid corpse of a party.

Confirmed

Going to blame UK foreign policy for these nutters blowing up kids coming out of a concert

They are contemptible. Hopefully they get what they deserve at the election.

Maroon Sailor

Nothing unexpected in his speech. Certainly no script required.

A brilliant speech, very well delivered. Hard to disagree with any of it.

Well done.

Maroon Sailor

A brilliant speech, very well delivered. Hard to disagree with any of it.

Well done.

He was careful what he said and how he said it.

Understandable during an election campaign.

A brilliant speech, very well delivered. Hard to disagree with any of it. Well done.

Indeed.  A very good speech.

He was careful what he said and how he said it.

Understandable during an election campaign.

Not a bad thing for a leader of a political party to be able to do.

Maroon Sailor

Not a bad thing for a leader of a political party to be able to do.

He's got good advisors if you ask me and not a bad thing to listen to them.

The tip of his tongue stuck out a couple of times when it came to talking about British soldiers. He's still not comfortable when it comes to military action.

He's got good advisors if you ask me and not a bad thing to listen to them.

The tip of his tongue stuck out a couple of times when it came to talking about British soldiers. He's still not comfortable when it comes to military action.

Personally, I like that in a politician!  Deploying the military shouldn't be a comfortable decision to make.

Maroon Sailor

Personally, I like that in a politician!  Deploying the military shouldn't be a comfortable decision to make.

Comfortable as in lacking the ability to be decisive.

Maroon Sailor

I didn't hear the speech. What was Corbyn's suggested way forward?

War on terror not working

Smarter way to reduce the threat of terrorism

More cops and security services

Change of foreign policy

Military deployed only if peace outcome can be achieved

Comfortable as in lacking the ability to be decisive.

Mmm, I never got that to be honest.  If anything it seemed, to me at least, that military action was the absolute last resort, with clear aims, outcomes, exit strategies etc.  Things like Cameron's Libyan adventure are anything but decisive.

Maroon Sailor

Mmm, I never got that to be honest.  If anything it seemed, to me at least, that military action was the absolute last resort, with clear aims, outcomes, exit strategies etc.  Things like Cameron's Libyan adventure are anything but decisive.

The impression I get is that he seems to think we are the bad guys.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Good speech in the main. I agree with the need to change foreign policy - specifically the funding of certain regimes, although no-one should pretend that those are easy or risk-free decisions.

Changing foreign policy would also mean a big change in the relationship with the US. Again, I'm not opposed to that but Corbyn needs to be clear about it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Corbyn does rather give the impression that we're all as bad as each other.

doctor jambo

Corbyn does rather give the impression that we're all as bad as each other.

Apart from the IRA, who were fine,

because they hated Britain just as much as Corbyn does

Fair enough, I don't get that.

It is just possible that blowing up someone's house makes them rather angry with you

Maroon Sailor

Fair enough, I don't get that.

Not from that speech you wouldn't.

Like I said he's having to be more careful what and how he says things since becoming the leader of the opposition and especially less than 2 weeks before the country goes to the polls.

About 6 years ago, on his soapbox, he was jovially telling everyone after the SDSR when there were cuts announced to the armed forces saying that in this instance there were not enough cuts.

Not from that speech you wouldn't.

Like I said he's having to be more careful what and how he says things since becoming the leader of the opposition and especially less than 2 weeks before the country goes to the polls.

About 6 years ago, on his soapbox, he was jovially telling everyone after the SDSR when there were cuts announced to the armed forces saying that in this instance there were not enough cuts.

Well, I was talking in relation to the context of the speech.

You have a jaundiced view of Corbyn, which is your right, equally so do I of the Tories.

It is just possible that blowing up someone's house makes them rather angry with you

We blew up Abedi's house? I thought we granted his family asylum.

doctor jambo

They constantly blow up each others' houses while we try and stop them.....

still waiting on him condemning the IRA are we not?

Or were they freedom fighters and admirable vs the Libyans

When did we blow up houses in Manchester? We GAVE them a house here. And while people are still thinking old 'my pal Hamas' has a point and all things are pretty much equal - this is the standard of reason we are talking about in large swaths of the Islamic world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudanese_teddy_bear_blasphemy_case

Which is funny cos I'm constantly hearing what a cuddly fella Muhammed was...

They constantly blow up each others' houses while we try and stop them.....

still waiting on him condemning the IRA are we not?

Or were they freedom fighters and admirable vs the Libyans

He's condemned bombings on all sides, and fine you know it

Someone get Jezbollah Corbs to tell us how yanks laced those bombs with 'chuck gays off rooftops and chop heads off blasphemers and Yazidis' potion. It seems incredibly potent and must be incredibly contagious. Can u imagine if it got loose near a methodist or Sikh congregation?

If only Hitchens could have a one to one with that beardy allotment botherer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i_5Hmhmufls

maroonlegions

Total horseshit, every word in your post is severely  right wing garbage.

Tell me this though , you really think that May is in any way a caring woman who cares for the poor,who is not afraid to stand on soap boxes  and speak openly and directly at  the people??  

Your "utter creep" comment  is more closer to home than you realise, that woman  MAY for instance  has had  as many u turns from her parties manifesto  proving  she is any thing but a strong and stable leader, she is  in fact all over the place. lol;

That woman who point blank refuses to have a one on one debate with  Corbyn and who called  a snap  general election when she had promised never to do so.

Corbyn at least  has integrity and a heart and unlike May and people like her Corybn  is sticking to his words unlike slippery cowardly May , who incidentally  was torn a new one by Andrew Neil in an interview she had with him when he slated  her on her failures of  previous promises she had made on national debt and immigration. 

When May  was Home Secretary she was responsible for mismanagement of border controls that made Mr Bean look smart. She and her party have also contributed to the loss of over 20,000 bobbies on the streets and made cuts in security services and lets  not for get her arms deals with the highly vile  country Saudi Arabia.??

Rancid corp of a party is better served with May and all she stands for, which is self interests for the cooperate elite , Tories eh,  they give true meaning to the term Selfservatives.

doctor jambo

Total horseshit, every word in your post is severely  right wing garbage.

Tell me this though , you really think that May is in any way a caring woman who cares for the poor,who is not afraid to stand on soap boxes  and speak openly and directly at  the people??  

Your "utter creep" comment  is more closer to home than you realise, that woman  MAY for instance  has had  as many u turns from her parties manifesto  proving  she is any thing but a strong and stable leader, she is  in fact all over the place. lol;

That woman who point blank refuses to have a one on one debate with  Corbyn and who called  a snap  general election when she had promised never to do so.

Corbyn at least  has integrity and a heart and unlike May and people like her Corybn  is sticking to his words unlike slippery cowardly May , who incidentally  was torn a new one by Andrew Neil in an interview she had with him when he slated  her on her failures of  previous promises she had made on national debt and immigration. 

When May  was Home Secretary she was responsible for mismanagement of border controls that made Mr Bean look smart. She and her party have also contributed to the loss of over 20,000 bobbies on the streets and made cuts in security services and lets  not for get her arms deals with the highly vile  country Saudi Arabia.??

Rancid corp of a party is better served with May and all she stands for, which is self interests for the cooperate elite , Tories eh,  they give true meaning to the term Selfservatives.

If its any help I don't like either, so will make no attempt to make corbyn look OK by pointing out that May is a nasty piece of work.

I'm not going to vote

Because I'm stuck with the Tories and their continual pay cuts and cutbacks,

or Corbyn who will give me a nasty tax hike

Or sturgeon who will do one of the above, or both , and blame whoever wins in England for the fact she had to do it

Archived