Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

SwindonJambo

Can't disagree with that assessment.  God knows what the thinking was with announcing that tax on property for people requiring care - a massive vote loser.

My dad was having a rant about that very pledge last night (he's 75). That particular pledge is the Achilles Heel of their manifesto - just daft. I think she banked on the affected individuals just grumbling but still voting Tory in spite of it but there's evidence that a goodly number of them will vote Labour in protest. Her assuming that she'd get away with it tells us she's arrogant and takes her support for granted. Very poor judgement.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphonseCapone

Labour themselves have said they didn't model any behavioural changes when working out their tax raising plan. If they get anywhere near their ?46bn plan I will be stunned.

No party anywhere ever gets anywhere near the numbers they claim on anything. No idea why people are so obsessed with them, useless.

Labour themselves have said they didn't model any behavioural changes when working out their tax raising plan. If they get anywhere near their ?46bn plan I will be stunned.

I'm sure they can.

No party anywhere ever gets anywhere near the numbers they claim on anything. No idea why people are so obsessed with them, useless.

Only seems to me , that labour (England) and the SNP (Indy) have to explain every single small detail to the electorate. But the Tories don't in either the GE and Brexit. Funny that. I've heard nothing in how the shape of the UK will be post brexit. But hey Scotland need to know the lot.

Only seems to me , that labour (England) and the SNP (Indy) have to explain every single small detail to the electorate. But the Tories don't in either the GE and Brexit. Funny that. I've heard nothing in how the shape of the UK will be post brexit. But hey Scotland need to know the lot.

This!!!

The easy ride the Tory Party gets is unbelievable!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Indeed. So publishing a shopping list of goodies should be treated with scepticism too.

Indeed. So publishing a shopping list of goodies should be treated with scepticism too.

Its called aspirations. What he aims to achieve in government. If he falls short in tax take and can only implement 85% of the Manifesto, that can be good. Stop this filling people with dread, it only has negative effects.

They at least have attempted to show how they would change the system. It is more about an idea to see fairer distribution of wealth than an exact costing.

They have firmly demonstrated where their principles are and how hey now differ hugely from the Conservatives - that is how people should be voting, not about weather sums add up or not.

Very true. And after the 5 years of government, reassessment of where they are and what it takes to get there can be explained and offered for further governance. The people can then decide if they like it, or not.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Its called aspirations. What he aims to achieve in government. If he falls short in tax take and can only implement 85% of the Manifesto, that can be good. Stop this filling people with dread, it only has negative effects.

If people get filled with dread then more fool them. Politicians talk pish by their very nature. All of them need to be treated in a similar fashion.

They at least have attempted to show how they would change the system. It is more about an idea to see fairer distribution of wealth than an exact costing.

They have firmly demonstrated where their principles are and how hey now differ hugely from the Conservatives - that is how people should be voting, not about weather sums add up or not.

were all grown ups in a grown up world of politics, if they want to bandy about outlandish policies then ridicule they will get. lets see a manifesto one of these bunch of lying ersoles can pull off, instead of the fantasy were fed to get our vote.

Just seen the anti semitic abuse the radio presenter has had from Labour supporters, ridiculous but expected considering Corbyn's history.

Corbyn's manifesto of giveaways is completely unaffordable and undeliverable. However, as I said on the other thread, those thick as pig-shit Labour voters will lap it up. Recession will follow within a few years yet again.

We know that. Soon as it was launched it was like a letter to santa and I wonder if he thought it would never see the light of day so released it to prove just how left he was taking the party.

The electorate have jumped on it, coupled with the tory effort which has really alienated a portion of their own support and May's horrendous controlled campaign, resulting in labour getting an unexpected surge in support.

The last GE saw Cameron go up against Miliband it was a no contest in terms of the publics opinion of who was a capable leader. I think the Torys thought the same this time but old Jezza is proving to be a far more formidable opponent.

Two things - Corbyn has defended her and condemned the abuse. AND - I thought it was only Cybernats who were up to this.

He could hardly do anything else could he? I'm not sure about "cybernetic" being anti semitic.

He could hardly do anything else could he? I'm not sure about "cybernetic" being anti semitic.

You could stand outside the SNP manifesto launch howling at the moon. Tory w@nkers

Sorry - I just meant the online abuse thing.

He has been known to be slow in reacting to things like this in the past, also he went further when he defended her line of questioning and interview as perfectly reasonable.

I get what you're saying but, considering his historical rhetoric on the subject I just don't find it surprising that anti semitic abuse keeps cropping up within the Labour party and it's support.

That's right Geoff. The IFS said it would be more likely to level out at ?40 billion. Why would anybody vote for a mere ?40 billion additional income, paid for by those that can afford to, coming into the economy which would help ease the strain on the population. Yep Geoff, it beats me as well. Far better to stick to the Tories who.......well, who......really aren't offering anything but more misery and heartache.

The Tories are shit scared of Brexit. They know it is going to be bad and don't want to be the ones holding the can when it hits. They are throwing this election so that they can point the finger at whoever takes us through the process and say "See" in the hope that they will get back into Westminster for the following 20 years. They are trying to play the long game on this one in the hope that people are still as stupid as they always have been.

That's right Geoff. The IFS said it would be more likely to level out at ?40 billion. Why would anybody vote for a mere ?40 billion additional income, paid for by those that can afford to, coming into the economy which would help ease the strain on the population. Yep Geoff, it beats me as well. Far better to stick to the Tories who.......well, who......really aren't offering anything but more misery and heartache.

The Tories are shit scared of Brexit. They know it is going to be bad and don't want to be the ones holding the can when it hits. They are throwing this election so that they can point the finger at whoever takes us through the process and say "See" in the hope that they will get back into Westminster for the following 20 years. They are trying to play the long game on this one in the hope that people are still as stupid as they always have been.

They should win it and hand the reigns to Boris Johnson his bullshit helped get us into this mess...let him carry the can. Still riles me that people fell for his bullshit and scare tactics. His absence from this election campaign tells you exactly what May thinks of the buffoon.

SwindonJambo

They should win it and hand the reigns to Boris Johnson his bullshit helped get us into this mess...let him carry the can. Still riles me that people fell for his bullshit and scare tactics. His absence from this election campaign tells you exactly what May thinks of the buffoon.

And worst of all It's widely believed that he was a secret remainer as pretty much the whole rest of the Johnson family are. He publically supported 'Leave' and delayed his choice until late to create maximum publicity for himself. His supported Leave as he thought that gave him the best chance of becoming PM in the event of Leave winning (which backfired).

It says a lot about him that he was prepared to gamble the country's future (very likely against his own personal views) to further his own personal ambition. Shameful behaviour.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think your latter paragraph is wrong. I think it has simply been an awful campaign by the Tories, particularly May.

As for your first, personal tax is one thing although tax increases simply give accountants more work. Increasing corporation tax, however, facing into Brexit will simply cause business investment to dry up. That's something the UK economy cannot afford.

Rudolf's Mate

This!!!

The easy ride the Tory Party gets is unbelievable!

It's not going unnoticed and it may just be their undoing. Not being asked questions obviously means they're not answering them and there's a lot of voters rightly concerned.

SwindonJambo

Corbyn' last minute decision to take part in the Leaders' debate puts further pressure on May, making her look even worse. She's sending Amber Rudd as a stand-in, who will no doubt get pelters from the other participants for her boss's non appearance. No doubt she'll be briefed on what she can and cannot say and will be under close scrutiny for anything she might say out of kilter with what May has said.

I disagree with him on most things, but I agree that he has fought a far better campaign than May.

Anybody seen the state of Theresa May, she looks like she's lost her mind.

Talk about anybody seen, where's Roof the moof?

DxB Hearts

He had a nightmare yesterday and has completely shifted that onto May by taking part in that debate - she now looks like a complete buffoon.

The more he appears on TV the more votes he gets so to take part in this is clever tactics.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I think your latter paragraph is wrong. I think it has simply been an awful campaign by the Tories, particularly May.

As for your first, personal tax is one thing although tax increases simply give accountants more work. Increasing corporation tax, however, facing into Brexit will simply cause business investment to dry up. That's something the UK economy cannot afford.

Correct. The UK economy cannot afford Brexit. The Tories know this, unless you're saying that they are more stupid than they come across as, which is impossible to believe, which, if you're not saying that, makes my latter paragraph correct.

As for my first, there is no need to talk about any kind of taxation being unaffordable when it is clearly Brexit that is unaffordable to the UK economy. 

Rudolf's Mate

He had a nightmare yesterday and has completely shifted that onto May by taking part in that debate - she now looks like a complete buffoon.

The more he appears on TV the more votes he gets so to take part in this is clever tactics.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It was probably always part of the plan. Something doesn't go to plan and agree to a TV appearance. Like you say, actually very clever.

One thing I'll say is that I've been shocked by JC and just how well he's gone across last week (that one feckup aside). I've watched PMQ's most weeks and he's been utterly atrocious! I'm not happy about a number of aspect of his past however he's doing much more than May is to win people over.

Space Mackerel

I'm with you, I think they are trying to chuck this election, no way with all their millions from donors and slick spin doctors they could be as bad as this. They're the supposed champions of the free market, Brexit goes against their main political theory.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Jezza C is a bawbag. Anyone fooled by his patter is a mug.

But May's campaign is on the slide big time

Space Mackerel

Jezza C is a bawbag. Anyone fooled by his patter is a mug.

But May's campaign is on the slide big time

Hmmmm, Sure and Stable patter?

Corbyn' last minute decision to take part in the Leaders' debate puts further pressure on May, making her look even worse. She's sending Amber Rudd as a stand-in, who will no doubt get pelters from the other participants for her boss's non appearance. No doubt she'll be briefed on what she can and cannot say and will be under close scrutiny for anything she might say out of kilter with what May has said.

I disagree with him on most things, but I agree that he has fought a far better campaign than May.

It's actually pathetic that she's ducking these debates. She's supposed to be leading the country into negotiations with the EU but she can't be arsed turning up for a TV debate. What exactly has she got on that's more important. Problem is at some stage she's going to panic go on one and make a tit of herself.

On the other hand Corbyn could get a hard time if they ask the right questions and stay away from the old ground we've heard over the last week.

JudyJudyJudy

the mooth is foaming at the mooth yet again about Indy 2 ...pathetic woman

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It is seriously poor that she won't debate. Spineless really.

Hard to know how I'll vote at the moment.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Correct. The UK economy cannot afford Brexit. The Tories know this, unless you're saying that they are more stupid than they come across as, which is impossible to believe, which, if you're not saying that, makes my latter paragraph correct.

As for my first, there is no need to talk about any kind of taxation being unaffordable when it is clearly Brexit that is unaffordable to the UK economy.

I disagree with you on Brexit but then that's because I believe there is a lot of fluff and bluster going on. Europe are shit scared of losing money and straight access to the world's deepest capital market. Britain is shit scared of the mess of an Irish border with customs and tariff walls preventing free trade. There will be a convoluted deal on all this with a fudge created on migration.

Captain Sausage

People voting for the best leader or because that's how they always vote is totally tragic.

People should read manifestos, work out what they think is achievable from those manifestos and vote according to what they think is best.

Labour present a totally unaffordable manifesto with ridiculous aspirations which have the financial realism of the SNPs white paper.

Conservatives are looking to get rid of the triple lock while continuing austerity to reduce the deficit.

Lib Dems have a decent mental health strategy but not a lot of substance around it.

SNP continue to push their grievance politics.

I'll vote conservative, but I'll do so because it offers what I believe to be the best for me, my family and the country.

People voting for the best leader or because that's how they always vote is totally tragic.

People should read manifestos, work out what they think is achievable from those manifestos and vote according to what they think is best.

Labour present a totally unaffordable manifesto with ridiculous aspirations which have the financial realism of the SNPs white paper.

Conservatives are looking to get rid of the triple lock while continuing austerity to reduce the deficit.

Lib Dems have a decent mental health strategy but not a lot of substance around it.

I'll vote conservative, but I'll do so because it offers what I believe to be the best for me, my family and the country.

And that's what? The Self preservation society!

Captain Sausage

And that's what? The Self preservation society!

Eh? My opinion is that control of the deficit is critical to the country going forward. If we don't reign in our debt, our future generations are absolutely rooked.

No problems with you disagreeing that controlling our debt is beneficial for the future, but it goes far beyond self preservation to me.

Trapper John McIntyre

No one is interested in your shite, john, just like The Tories, your teas oot.

Have you wished Angus the Womble a happy last week in the Commons yet?

Rudolf's Mate

I was absolutely sure I was voting conservative (again) however I'm now unsure.

Really disliked Farron however he's come over quite well.

One thing though. If SNP are so against austerity measures then as Corbyn has said, why haven't they used their powers to end austerity in Scotland?

I'm an hour behind with the programme

Captain Sausage

I was absolutely sure I was voting conservative (again) however I'm now unsure.

Really disliked Farron however he's come over quite well.

One thing though. If SNP are so against austerity measures then as Corbyn has said, why haven't they used their powers to end austerity in Scotland?

I'm an hour behind with the programme

Fair play, I've not warmed to TF at all, but it's their policies I'm kinda meh with. Usually reasonably impressed by LD manifestos, but this one seems a bit bland. This was an opportunity to really push the boundaries but they haven't done that at all.

On the SNP, they are a party fueled by grievance politics. Under them, nearly everything has deteriorated while all we get is ToryBad and how the big bad Englanders are running for Scotland into the ground. It's tiresome but concerning that such a proportion of the electorate vote blindly for them.

Space Mackerel

There you have it posters, the quint essential Tory voter summed up in 1 sentence.

Captain Sausage

There you have it posters, the quint essential Tory voter summed up in 1 sentence.

I'm confused. Is me voting for what I think are the best interests of my country a bad thing?

And what about the rest of my post? Or are you going to gloss over anything that doesn't suit your agenda as usual?

Trapper John McIntyre

That's just a right wing fanzine.

Apart from that, it was all true, then?

Trapper John McIntyre

The average Tory voter.

2b546b6ee5fc898ebc587e10398647c5.jpg

Rudolf's Mate

Fair play, I've not warmed to TF at all, but it's their policies I'm kinda meh with. Usually reasonably impressed by LD manifestos, but this one seems a bit bland. This was an opportunity to really push the boundaries but they haven't done that at all.

On the SNP, they are a party fueled by grievance politics. Under them, nearly everything has deteriorated while all we get is ToryBad and how the big bad Englanders are running for Scotland into the ground. It's tiresome but concerning that such a proportion of the electorate vote blindly for them.

I'll admit that I disliked the guy however I think he's come across very well. Admittedly I can't tell you whether their policies are any good!

The girl from the greens has also done very well and Angus Robertson comes over very well.

I'll spend next week looking at the policies but I'm not sure which way I'm leaning at the moment.

Captain Sausage

I'll admit that I disliked the guy however I think he's come across very well. Admittedly I can't tell you whether their policies are any good!

The girl from the greens has also done very well and Angus Robertson comes over very well.

I'll spend next week looking at the policies but I'm not sure which way I'm leaning at the moment.

It's good to see others engaging with all parties to try and work out what is best in their opinion. Sadly, so many people seem totally entrenched in their views and ridicule or slander anything that they disagree with. It's incredibly tiresome and ruins every single political debate on here.

Trapper John McIntyre

In these days of internet fake news and some actual real stuff being posted, there's no way of actually telling! :)

I take it you're under 30 years old...

Archived