Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

Space Mackerel

We already do weirdo

Why is Scotland refused access to the table for the Brexit talks for one?

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

SNP in a nutshell type response

Why don't you criticise the failing schools and hospitals down South too? After all, they under the full control of the Conservatives.

And let's not forget the schools that have literally turned to rubble under Labour controlled Scottish councils.

Maroon Sailor

Why don't you criticise the failing schools and hospitals down South too? After all, they under the full control of the Conservatives.

And let's not forget the schools that have literally turned to rubble under Labour controlled Scottish councils.

Makes everything alright in SNPland then

Because it's not a dinner party. Which bit of this do you not get...it was a UK vote. Scotland get to vote on councils, holyrood elections and endless indy refs. Everything else is the UK...you can surely understand that...Right? Scotland are part of the UK we voted that way a couple of years ago!

Space Mackerel

You want us to vote for a party up here that's failing the NHS and schools just the same if not worse?

Sum logic.

Exactly as long as the torries are shit as well in snp world it doesn't matter.

I honestly hope the Torys don't get in then let's see what the SNP have to say for themselves...They'll need to drop the tory hatred and think of some policies.

Space Mackerel

Because it's not a dinner party. Which bit of this do you not get...it was a UK vote. Scotland get to vote on councils, holyrood elections and endless indy refs. Everything else is the UK...you can surely understand that...Right? Scotland are part of the UK we voted that way a couple of years ago!

Scotland and England are two separate NATIONS. Get that in your head.

Are you saying NS shouldn't be allowed any input whatsoever?

Space Mackerel

Exactly as long as the torries are shit as well in snp world it doesn't matter.

I honestly hope the Torys don't get in then let's see what the SNP have to say for themselves...They'll need to drop the tory hatred and think of some policies.

Torys don't get in then it could may well be a Lab/SNP/Lib Dem coalition you silly boy :lol:

Maroon Sailor

You want us to vote for a party up here that's failing the NHS and schools just the same if not worse?

Sum logic.

You want to vote for a party that has sent Scottish Education standards down the tubes ?

Fair enough.

Oh but it's not though as they are the only party that meets your personal agenda of Independence. Now that's fair enough.

Space Mackerel

You want to vote for a party that has sent Scottish Education standards down the tubes ?

Fair enough.

Oh but it's not though as they are the only party that meets your personal agenda of Independence. Now that's fair enough.

"Down the tubes" :lol:

The SNP isn't a single issue Party, it's a party with single issue opponents.

Torys don't get in then it could may well be a Lab/SNP/Lib Dem coalition you silly boy :lol:

And....what's your point. We might actually see the snp do something for once. Unlike you I actually want what's best for the country. You just want 'freedom' like some William Wallace throw back. And your pal on here aussieh is even worse than you with his disgusting chat last night. If you can't see how divisive your party is then you need to wake up and smell the coffee. They've ran the country appallingly such is their drive for freedom and their manifesto ironically is on par with that half arsed effort from your pals the Torys.

And....what's your point. We might actually see the snp do something for once. Unlike you I actually want what's best for the country. You just want 'freedom' like some William Wallace throw back. And your pal on here aussieh is even worse than you with his disgusting chat last night. If you can't see how divisive your party is then you need to wake up and smell the coffee. They've ran the country appallingly such is their drive for freedom and their manifesto ironically is on par with that half arsed effort from your pals the Torys.

Yet still they receive so much of the popular vote.

The Tories have run the uk appallingly, why give them another chance?

Space Mackerel

I just want Scotland to run its own affairs, not some half baked half arsed regional Parliament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

and in Scotland the SNP have sat on their hands and let them do it here as well, that's some endorsement for the fish and her cohorts boris.

I just want Scotland to run its own affairs, not some half baked half arsed regional Parliament.

you'll do as your telt by WOS, you've never had a thought of your own. away and copy n paste summit.

At the start of this thread I was voting Tory. Now I very much doubt I will. I've seen nothing from them and importantly in the context of Brexit anything from May that makes me think she's credible to lead the country into that fight. I won't vote SNP I have in the past thinking they would represent the Scottish people under devolved powers, again they've failed to do so and their real agenda is all to clear to see and more fool me falling for their once in a generation nonsense. Which leaves Labour or the lib dems....its probably been the most torn I've been over a vote.

I really wish people would stop seeing a political party like a football team....your team can never change but whatever party is offering you the best personal choices should be the one you go for.

The half baked half arsed regional parliament hasn't run our own affairs because the half baked half arsed scottish government have neglected the people it claims to speak for.

On the last point, you should also consider others when voting, there are those who need protection by the state so just voting on what might be the best for you isn't always the correct way to go.

Peoples political views form early in life and can evolve over time, I have pretty much always been well on the Left, therefor I am happy that for once it looks like a possibility to get one for the first time in my life.

I think your first point sums up our difference. I would suggest that's a very left ideal. Whereas I've always gone centre right. I'm not adverse to that way of thinking and there are many in need and in some ways I think this current Tory set up is turning me off. The policies on the elderly are wrong and I have elderly relatives. I'll admit as I'm entitled to do so without abuse liked Cameron and I'm disappointed he bent over to the Brexit brigade. I find it hard to accept a party that harbours that dick head Boris Johnson he should've been run out of town for what he did during that campaign.

Space Mackerel

The half baked half arsed regional parliament hasn't run our own affairs because the half baked half arsed scottish government have neglected the people it claims to speak for.

https://www.snp.org/record

Labour did some stuff too along with other coalition governments.

Space Mackerel

you'll do as your telt by WOS, you've never had a thought of your own. away and copy n paste summit.

I think I've copied and pasted 2 WoS articles, more than likely to rip the Yoons to bits on here. Whatever your political views, he's not wrong.

You watching the TV space cadet? Labour "no deals no coalition"

Aww shame SNP still not getting the power they crave.

AlimOzturk

He is saying that now. The Tories said that before going Into a coalition with Lib Dems.

He cant go around saying they will form a coalition as it just weakens his campaign and shows he is accepting defeat.

I would bet my left bollock that Labour would form a coalition if it means keeping the Tories out.

Space Mackerel

See Alims post above. 

But i doubt they'll say they'll do a coalition right now, the right wing hacks would pounce on it. 

AlphonseCapone

It would be political suicide to say anything else at this point. The Tories would pounce on it.

If it meant forming the Government though, it would then be political suicide not to, as they are basically leaving the door open for the Tories.

He is saying that now. The Tories said that before going Into a coalition with Lib Dems.

He cant go around saying they will form a coalition as it just weakens his campaign and shows he is accepting defeat.

I would bet my left bollock that Labour would form a coalition if it means keeping the Tories out.

Perhaps but it won't be with the SNP either. No need, they'll vote against the Torys at any opportunity so they've got them in the bag regardless.

I am not sure the SNP would be keen to do any formal deal with anyone, unless the had to to prevent a Conservative Government.

It is all about the numbers and how they fall next week, all I would say is vote for the Government you want, rather than trying to stop the one you don't.

Except for viewers in Scotland voting SNP, as mathematically they can't form a government at Westminster. :wink:

Correct, but I don't think the SNP voters are going anywhere else.

I explained earlier why I won't vote Labour but want them to win.

Some may be surprised if the SNP hold the balance of power as I don't think indyref2 would be the first priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting a seat at the brexit table should be their first priority. Second priority is ensuring the other two countries making up this Union have seats at that table as well. Third priority to involve the Greens through consultancy roles for Green areas (basically to ensure we don't regress from our current commitments and ensure that we make plans to continue in a similar vein).

maroonlegions

Outstanding , just outstanding.

Here is a bit from it below;

And you?re not on this planet if you think the establishment and the media aren?t all in it together.

You think Richard Branson, who?s quietly winning NHS contracts, wants Corbyn in?
You think Rupert Murdoch, who?s currently trying to widen his media monopoly by buying sky outright, wants Jeremy in?
You think the Barclay brothers, with their offshore residencies, want him in?
You think Philip Green, who stole all the pensions from BHS workers and claims his wife owns Top Shop because she lives in Monaco, wants Corbyn in?
You think the politicians, both Labour and Tory, with their second homes and alcohol paid for by us, want him in?
You think Starbucks, paying near zero tax, wants him in?
You think bankers, with their multi million pound bonuses, want him in?

And do you think they don?t have contact with May? Or with the media? You honestly think that these millionaires and billionaires are the sort of people that go ?ah well, easy come easy go, it was nice while it lasted??? I wouldn?t be if my personal fortune was at risk, I?d be straight on the phone to Theresa May or Rupert Murdoch demanding this gets sorted immediately.

Unlike the Tory manifesto with a ?9 billion hole, their figures don?t even add up.

And it benefits all of us, young, old, working, disabled, everyone. The only people it hurts are the establishment, the rich, the bankers, the top 5% highest earners.

Good, screw them, it?s long overdue.

:2thumbsup: 

This Facebook comment about Jeremy Corbyn and the General Election is going viral on social media. Chris Renwick's post has garnered 5,700 shares so far and?
THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

The big bad radical leftie who looks like a Geography teacher. :beatnik2:

Outstanding , just outstanding.

Here is a bit from it below;

And you?re not on this planet if you think the establishment and the media aren?t all in it together.

You think Richard Branson, who?s quietly winning NHS contracts, wants Corbyn in?

You think Rupert Murdoch, who?s currently trying to widen his media monopoly by buying sky outright, wants Jeremy in?

You think the Barclay brothers, with their offshore residencies, want him in?

You think Philip Green, who stole all the pensions from BHS workers and claims his wife owns Top Shop because she lives in Monaco, wants Corbyn in?

You think the politicians, both Labour and Tory, with their second homes and alcohol paid for by us, want him in?

You think Starbucks, paying near zero tax, wants him in?

You think bankers, with their multi million pound bonuses, want him in?

And do you think they don?t have contact with May? Or with the media? You honestly think that these millionaires and billionaires are the sort of people that go ?ah well, easy come easy go, it was nice while it lasted??? I wouldn?t be if my personal fortune was at risk, I?d be straight on the phone to Theresa May or Rupert Murdoch demanding this gets sorted immediately.

Unlike the Tory manifesto with a ?9 billion hole, their figures don?t even add up.

And it benefits all of us, young, old, working, disabled, everyone. The only people it hurts are the establishment, the rich, the bankers, the top 5% highest earners.

Good, screw them, it?s long overdue.

:2thumbsup:

This Facebook comment about Jeremy Corbyn is going viral

This Facebook comment about Jeremy Corbyn and the General Election is going viral on social media. Chris Renwick's post has garnered 5,700 shares so far and?

THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

The big bad radical leftie who looks like a Geography teacher. :beatnik2:

I like them to do a before and after of Corbyn in this campaign. He started of as a sitting duck and very much looking like one. Today we saw a confident speaker laying into the Torys...been some transformation a mirror image of May who looks lost now.

Space Mackerel

I like them to do a before and after of Corbyn in this campaign. He started of as a sitting duck and very much looking like one. Today we saw a confident speaker laying into the Torys...been some transformation a mirror image of May who looks lost now.

You mean you sucked up and believed everything the MSM threw at you?

The mans been in politics since a bairn, he knows his shit, he just needed a bit of polishing up.

AlimOzturk

Yep. Corbyn can hold his head up high no matter the result. He has had a great campaign and has not only got it up the Tories but many of his back stabbing labour colleagues who thought he would fold and ruin this election.

I am voting SNP as a tactical vote but want Labour and Corbyn to win. If they do it without Scottish support them he has pulled off the impossible.

Space Mackerel

Yep. Corbyn can hold his head up high no matter the result. He has had a great campaign and has not only got it up the Tories but many of his back stabbing labour colleagues who thought he would fold and ruin this election.

I am voting SNP as a tactical vote but want Labour and Corbyn to win. If they do it without Scottish support them he has pulled off the impossible.

Just had a Labour canvasser at the door for Ian Murray there. I asked why I should vote for someone who stabbed the current leader in the back? Hands me a leaflet and ****s off. :lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The Tories have been complacent from the start - and are paying the price for having an uninspired manifesto and for failing to counter Labours when Corbyn started promising money he can't possibly raise or afford.

May will be very lucky if her existing majority is still in tact. Corbyn's looks to have cemented his place as leader

Space Mackerel

The Tories have been complacent from the start - and are paying the price for having an uninspired manifesto and for failing to counter Labours when Corbyn started promising money he can't possibly raise or afford.

May will be very lucky if her existing majority is still in tact. Corbyn's looks to have cemented his place as leader

You don't think that this has been managed so the Torys who called the referendum and now the election won't have to deal with Brexit?

The champions of free trade that they are and the market dictates cost, labour and profit?

Rudolf's Mate

Did Scotland sit down and thrash out it own deals when they joined as part of the UK?

Space Mackerel

Oh aye that was the reason [emoji85]

Given this is one of the most momentous political decisions around Brexit, and the the way the country is structured, with Devolved governments and assemblies, give me one good reason that each shouldn't have a voice at the talks?

Rudolf's Mate

Given this is one of the most momentous political decisions around Brexit, and the the way the country is structured, with Devolved governments and assemblies, give me one good reason that each shouldn't have a voice at the talks?

What talks?

Anyone think that the polls from a few weeks ago were unrealistic anyway ?

The Tories had done nothing to deserve the support that they appeared to be getting.

It appears to me that all their chickens are coming home to roost all at once. They have pissed off so many different sections of the community.

The Elderly who they can usually depend on.

The self employed with their NI fiasco.

The disabled with their inhumane benefit cuts and welfare caps.

The NHS workers .

The Police normally another vanguard of support

The teachers.

Most other people involved in public sector jobs.

That just about leaves the rich and famous and the Monarchy who cant vote anyway.

It'll be confidence and supply. The SNP won't enter the Government in the UK officially.

What seat are you in out of interest?

Space Mackerel

It'll be confidence and supply. The SNP won't enter the Government in the UK officially.

All these things you said against Corbyn over the last 6 months haven't really materialised?

Still supporting the PLP and Ian Murray in particular?

All these things you said against Corbyn over the last 6 months haven't really materialised?

Still supporting the PLP and Ian Murray in particular?

Corbyn's done fantastic. He's proved me wrong and done wonders this campaign. Back to backing him (voted for him in 2015).

His early performances as leader and his lackluster performance before Brexit annoyed me. A lot as a pro-EU voter.

However he's done wonders and happy to support Corbyn by backing my local Labour candidate Ian Murray.

Want Labour? Vote Labour. Simples.

Space Mackerel

Corbyn's done fantastic. He's proved me wrong and done wonders this campaign. Back to backing him (voted for him in 2015).

His early performances as leader and his lackluster performance before Brexit annoyed me. A lot as a pro-EU voter.

However he's done wonders and happy to support Corbyn by backing my local Labour candidate Ian Murray.

Want Labour? Vote Labour. Simples.

As I've said, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for Corbyn had I lived down South. Murray is a snake and shouldn't be trusted, he's out and about out here knowing it's the JSA should he not get elected, I doubt Corbyn wants anyone like him near the party if he is elected.

As I've said, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for Corbyn had I lived down South. Murray is a snake and shouldn't be trusted, he's out and about out here knowing it's the JSA should he not get elected, I doubt Corbyn wants anyone like him near the party if he is elected.

Corbyn's not as angry a person like you Spacey. Many of his team are made up of his former opponents from the last leadership vote. It's a good thing. Dissent can be good to spur on debate and change. The SNP should try it.

Secretary of State for Scotland Murray... has a certain ring to it.

Space Mackerel

Corbyn's not as angry a person like you Spacey. Many of his team are made up of his former opponents from the last leadership vote. It's a good thing. Dissent can be good to spur on debate and change. The SNP should try it.

Secretary of State for Scotland Murray... has a certain ring to it.

Seems like Tony Blairs big fan fare return has been postponed till after June the 8th, not a peep, wonder why? [emoji2]

Seems like Tony Blairs big fan fare return has been postponed till after June the 8th, not a peep, wonder why? [emoji2]

0 idea what that has to do with anything. Either way, Blair voicing his views is fair enough. Don't get the rage against it to be honest.

Archived