Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

You say you have no idea - yet you also say we were lied to: "we were lied to during the campaign. We were told that Voting No was the only way we would stay in the EU, it turns out that it was the root out of the EU."

How can you be sure we were lied to if you have no idea if there was a way for Scotland to remain in the EU ?

The lie is that BT said the only sure fire way for Scotland to remain in the EU was to vote NO.

Scotland votes NO.

Two years later, Scotland is out of the EU (despite voting to remain).

BT lied as they stated voting NO was the only guaranteed way for Scotland to remain in the EU

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dianne Abbott has been binned.......sorry, "stood down" as shadow Home Secretary due to her "health".......

The lie is that BT said the only sure fire way for Scotland to remain in the EU was to vote NO.

Scotland votes NO.

BT lied as they stated voting NO was the only guaranteed way for Scotland to remain in the EU

Get a grip Boris. Predicting the outcome of a future referendum incorrectly has nothing to do with the truth. They got it wrong as did most people. The Scottish electorate are intelligent people, they always knew that leave was a possible outcome. 

Scotland votes NO.

If Scotland had voted Yes - would it have remained in the EU ? If the answer to that question is anything other than a definite, 100%, incontrovertible yes ...... then it wasn't a lie.

Margaret Thatcher said Scotland didn't a referendum to become independent, as they have the opportunity every General Election. If Scotland elects a majority SNP MPs', then that's a mandate for independence...

SwindonJambo

Margaret Thatcher said Scotland didn't a referendum to become independent, as they have the opportunity every General Election. If Scotland elects a majority SNP MPs', then that's a mandate for independence...

Irrelevant. She said that several decades ago and it was never enshrined in law or formalised in any way.

Irrelevant. She said that several decades ago and it was never enshrined in law or formalised in any way.

It is irrelevant. 

So to is the 2014 referendum after Brexit. 

Dianne Abbott has been binned.......sorry, "stood down" as shadow Home Secretary due to her "health".......

Good news for Labour.

Bad news for the Tories.

SwindonJambo

Good news for Labour.

Bad news for the Tories.

Not really. I doubt it will make the slightest difference.  The Tories will still win comfortably. And they're crap.

Nobody buys this Abbott is ill claim. She was spotted out shopping on her phone when she was supposedly unwell.

'STILL STANDING' 

Ill Diane Abbott insists she will ?rejoin the fray? despite being replaced as Shadow Home Secretary by MP who quit in protest at Corbyn last year

Cannae wait for her return :smug2:

AlimOzturk

Nobody buys this Abbott is ill claim. She was spotted out shopping on her phone when she was supposedly unwell.

'STILL STANDING' Ill Diane Abbott insists she will ?rejoin the fray? despite being replaced as Shadow Home Secretary by MP who quit in protest at Corbyn last year

She has been diagnosed with a long term serious illness. Just on STV news.

I don't think it is any of our business what the condition is. People like you pushing to find our or calling this lies are as big arseholes as the people standing in this election

I don't think it is any of our business what the condition is. People like you pushing to find our or calling this lies are as big arseholes as the people standing in this election

If so I hope she gets well despite her inept performances. That's a genuine get well by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's entirely fair to point out the fact that her illnesses strike at the most convenient times. It's also fair to reflect that people would quite happily be calling bullshit if this was Boris Johnson.

Not really. I doubt it will make the slightest difference.  The Tories will still win comfortably. And they're crap.

The Tories will win, I don't think there is any doubt about it. However, there is a real chance that Labour can gain enough to ensure a minority government.

Then it will be down to the SNP to ensure that the Tories don't get to push through the things they have been planning.

Meanwhile, May will be toast !

AlimOzturk

It's entirely fair to point out the fact that her illnesses strike at the most convenient times. It's also fair to reflect that people would quite happily be calling bullshit if this was Boris Johnson.

Convenient or not the women is ill. She has been ill for a while.

It does the labour no good to make these changes so I reckon this deliberate faking of illness is utter bollokes.

Corbyn has to stay on and will stay on. What's being built here is a highly promising long term project. A new type of traditional Labour. NewOld Labour. NeoReds. All new Labour pro+. Whatever.

If only a few people could see fit to build on what he's started and not go all generic again. People are starting to buy into the brand of authentic, almost innocent politics.

May is just a vision of dreadful hopelessness. An absolutely grotesque representation of political decay.

SwindonJambo

The Tories will win, I don't think there is any doubt about it. However, there is a real chance that Labour can gain enough to ensure a minority government.

Then it will be down to the SNP to ensure that the Tories don't get to push through the things they have been planning.

Meanwhile, May will be toast !

The 3 latest Polls show the Tories now opening up an 8-12% lead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

That would give them a majority of about 60 and save May-be's job, for now.

Even with a comfortable majority like that, I still think they'll bin her later. They're ruthless and like them or not, they're much better at getting rid of unwanted leaders than anyone else.

She's only likely to win because of the crap oppo she has to beat and she's made a proper meal of it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Even with a comfortable majority like that, I still think they'll bin her later. They're ruthless and like them or not, they're much better at getting rid of unwanted leaders than anyone else.

She's only likely to win because of the crap oppo she has to beat and she's made a proper meal of it.

Poor Lib Dumbs. They had a raison d'etre after Brexit in terms of fighting for Remain, yet they are disappearing into oblivion with UKIP! :laugh:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Convenient or not the women is ill. She has been ill for a while.

It does the labour no good to make these changes so I reckon this deliberate faking of illness is utter bollokes.

Of course it does them good. Every time she speaks she takes embarrassment off the scale. No doubt she'd have had another nightmare on women's hour.

Been ill for the article 50 vote (despite being seen in the pub later) and been ill at the death in a general election where she's been a liability. It looks dubious.

AlimOzturk

Of course it does them good. Every time she speaks she takes embarrassment off the scale. No doubt she'd have had another nightmare on women's hour.

Been ill for the article 50 vote (despite being seen in the pub later) and been ill at the death in a general election where she's been a liability. It looks dubious.

I know someone who recently passed away due to a long term battle with cancer. A week before he died he attended his daughters wedding but was clearly not himself.

From what I have heard from Abbot in the past and from everything I have read about her, it is clear to see she has been underperforming. Her colleagues and friends have put this down to illness. She isn't after all a spring chicken. Nobody knows how Abbots Ill health affects her so to say "oh she went to the pub" is another bull shit statement.

Some things are more important than politics and I for wish her all the best and hope she gets better.

If she is genuinely I'll I hope it's not serious and she gets over what ever it is. I thought it suspicious that she stood down after such disastrous media interviews.

SwindonJambo

She could have mental health issues. She should be left be to be honest.

Or drink issues? Whatever's wrong, I agree with you. She should be left in peace and given space. I am no fan at all but I believe she gets some vile abuse on social media and she in no way deserves that.

If she is genuinely I'll I hope it's not serious and she gets over what ever it is. I thought it suspicious that she stood down after such disastrous media interviews.

Perhaps her illness contributed to the shambles that were those interviews?

Perhaps her illness contributed to the shambles that were those interviews?

Possibly, Possibly not. I don't know how long she's been ill but she's been a shambles for years, could be connected.

Possibly, Possibly not. I don't know how long she's been ill but she's been a shambles for years, could be connected.

It could be that she's been not well for a while, now's a good time to take a step back. 

Anyway, all the best to her. I hope she has a speedy recovery. 

It could be that she's been not well for a while, now's a good time to take a step back. 

I agree.

Space Mackerel

Sturgeon proved in last night's debate she can't be trusted to be told anything in confidence. Either that or she is a liar.

That is why she shouldn't be at the Brexit negotiating table

Ken, shame she deletes Tweets a few hours after eh.

d45545e9c2329e1946fefab0b98c5ad7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Governor Tarkin

Agreed.

Maroon Sailor

Feck Off !

She's as thick as shit and everybody knows it

Well everybody except tithead Corbyn ..... until now

Johnson , Gove & Fox all had their chance to attain the party leadership (and as we all know one of them shat all over Johnson). None could manage it - even with a mood swing nationwide for a change in leadership. 

TM will win but all this Brexit crap won't matter. She will get shafted good & proper in the negotiations. She knows it. She'll get what she is given. 

If the Tories thought Cameron was bad they aint seen nothing yet IMO. 

Brexit will be the feather in the cap of the clueless underclass.

Its about the only vote that will make difference.

Even then its punished .

Especially from the coffee sippers.

Who will clean the toilets they cry.

Make me sick

Jeremy corbyn i could vote for actually but my vote could never go to a party who so betrays their own.

Bowmans_Boot

Feck Off !

She's as thick as shit and everybody knows it

Well everybody except tithead Corbyn ..... until now

What a completely heartless comment to make. I posted earlier that her illness may well have adversely affected her performances and received similar responses. Quite pathetic.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What a completely heartless comment to make. I posted earlier that her illness may well have adversely affected her performances and received similar responses. Quite pathetic.

You have no idea if that's true though. You're guessing.

Diane Abbott has been a liability for ages.

Bowmans_Boot

You have no idea if that's true though. You're guessing.

Diane Abbott has been a liability for ages.

I am open to the possibility and sympathetic to someone who is ill.

Others are pretty much making fun of her illness. That is pathetic and heartless.

Maroon Sailor

She must have been ill for the last 30 odd years then

Seymour M Hersh

'STILL STANDING' 

Ill Diane Abbott insists she will ?rejoin the fray? despite being replaced as Shadow Home Secretary by MP who quit in protest at Corbyn last year

Hasselhoff

Read something suggesting that Abbott has type 2 diabetes (the type that is self afflicted). Theresa May has type 1 diabetes which is far more debilitating and yet she runs a country and doesn't screw up every interview. Don't hear anyone rushing to her defence and giving her a break for her disability or the fact she lost both her parents at the age of 25. "Weak and wobbly", "no charisma" etc. Couldn't care less what the naughtiest thing she has ever done is, it doesn't matter in the slightest. We need a strong leader, not someone we want to emulate.

Nookie Bear

Read something suggesting that Abbott has type 2 diabetes (the type that is self afflicted). Theresa May has type 1 diabetes which is far more debilitating and yet she runs a country and doesn't screw up every interview. Don't hear anyone rushing to her defence and giving her a break for her disability or the fact she lost both her parents at the age of 25. "Weak and wobbly", "no charisma" etc. Couldn't care less what the naughtiest thing she has ever done is, it doesn't matter in the slightest. We need a strong leader, not someone we want to emulate.

Whether anyone likes May or not, this is absolutely spot on.

She has shown that she is a terrible PM. Just like Abbott would be a disaster in the Home Office....regardless of any personal circumstances.

AlphonseCapone

Not been confirmed anywhere what is up with her but you take some gossip and go on full rant mode with it.

Why are those on the right so angry at everything?

SwindonJambo

She has shown that she is a terrible PM. Just like Abbott would be a disaster in the Home Office....regardless of any personal circumstances.

She's certainly fought an extemely poor campaign but is still likely to win with a majority of around 60.  Her poor campaign will not have gone unnoticed within her own party and she will be under close scrutiny by them.  Repeatedly saying "I have always been very clear that we need strong and stable leadership" ad nauseum will not save her forever. I can't think of any obvious candidate to replace her within her own party, but I'm sure someone will want the job.

John Findlay

Politicians are economical with the truth.

Could politician(s) be economical with the truth regarding an illness? Most definitely.

SwindonJambo

Not been confirmed anywhere what is up with her but you take some gossip and go on full rant mode with it.

There are people on all sides angry about everything Alphonse. Intolerants who are bitter about the views of others. I just let it wash over me. You will always get the full spectrum of different views in Politics and I think it's healthy. Rage and aggression towards those with different views is just grim.

Hasselhoff

Hardly on full rant mode - just suggesting the illness is convenient.

Yeah, i'm so angry, I try and gatecrash opposition events and shout in people's faces rather than discuss things in a civil manner. If the election doesn't go my way, I might go and vandalise some war memorials with a balaclava on. Extreme left (Corbyn) and extreme Right (UKIP) have their fair share of idiots. UKIP aren't going for leading the UK so nothing to worry about there

She's certainly fought an extemely poor campaign but is still likely to win with a majority of around 60. Her poor campaign will not have gone unnoticed within her own party and she will be under close scrutiny by them. Repeatedly saying "I have always been very clear that we need strong and stable leadership" ad nauseum will not save her forever. I can't think of any obvious candidate to replace her within her own party, but I'm sure someone will want the job.

A strong leader would not be turning up in sheds with bussed in supporters.

Open to debate whether that's her or her party's policies....both probably !

AlphonseCapone

There are people on all sides angry about everything Alphonse. Intolerants who are bitter about the views of others. I just let it wash over me. You will always get the full spectrum of different views in Politics and I think it's healthy. Rage and aggression towards those with different views is just grim.

I just don't understand it. Sometimes in the heat of the moment I can get worked up but it calms. I genuinely can't care that much who folk vote for, little changes. There are angry folk on the left but I guess the ones on the right surprise me more because almost all votes in the last 5 years have went their way. They should be Zen!

AlphonseCapone

Hardly on full rant mode - just suggesting the illness is convenient.

Yeah, i'm so angry, I try and gatecrash opposition events and shout in people's faces rather than discuss things in a civil manner. If the election doesn't go my way, I might go and vandalise some war memorials with a balaclava on. Extreme left (Corbyn) and extreme Right (UKIP) have their fair share of idiots. UKIP aren't going for leading the UK so nothing to worry about there

The point is, no one knows what is up with her so why speculate and compare her "gossip illness" with May's actual condition.

Your second paragraph smacks of anger tbh. And describing Corbyn as hard left smacks of bias.

Relax man.

Well done Mr Corbyn. Been reading this thread and hoping the Labour Party and the main man would put two fingers up to the haters. Big smile on my face today.

Archived