Jeremy Corbyn

joseywales

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's certainly fought an extemely poor campaign but is still likely to win with a majority of around 60.  Her poor campaign will not have gone unnoticed within her own party and she will be under close scrutiny by them.  Repeatedly saying "I have always been very clear that we need strong and stable leadership" ad nauseum will not save her forever. I can't think of any obvious candidate to replace her within her own party, but I'm sure someone will want the job.

Osbourne come back?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Well, fair play to him. Tapped into something the Tories couldn't.

Still a fecking roaster but then most politicians are

It can be and must be built on. Over to various PLP shithouses to get with the zeitgeist.

It can be and must be built on. Over to various PLP shithouses to get with the zeitgeist.

Reading Owen Smith's remarks suggest this began last night.

Dougie Alexander and Jack Straw - old stalwarts - being quite praising too. Think some people will be coming back into the fold shortly.

Needs some better performers to win more middle of the road seats.

af43068fda357eedd9bb671e59ef2e42.png

My the old Shagger likes Emily's boobs [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

af43068fda357eedd9bb671e59ef2e42.png

My the old Shagger likes Emily's boobs [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

went right for them, 

Maroon Sailor

Unless Labour bin Corbyn they will never regain power

This

Labour have missed an open goal here by keeping Corbyn as their leader.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Labour lost by 50+ seats against May who messed up so bad yet Labour still think they did well.. that sort of thinking is why you lost. Not doing as badly as you feared is not doing well.

As for May what a complete cluster !"?$$% she made of campaign, U turns, missing live debates, I think been former Home sec' hurt her as attacks over last month showed how police cuts have weakened them way too much.

Good news is Sturgeon is going to be on back foot now, maybe more focus on all politics not just Indy ref will help.

SwindonJambo

This

100.000% agreed. It's costing them my support for one.

Unless Labour bin Corbyn they will never regain power

I think he'll be delighted and feel vindicated, he'll hang on to the leadership for a while yet, the Blairites lost the election and look set to loose thier party untill he goes or the party splits. I think, considering where he started, it's been a great night for him, it may be downhill from now but he's the only "winner" imo.

Sturgeon and May lost what ever way you look at it, they may have the most votes and seats but they're both under the sward of damocles now.

giphy.gif

went right for them, 

Awkward as **** :lol:

Seymour M Hersh

This

He's going nowhere. Though as he's 68 he might not be around by the next GE (due to being too old to lead).

Awkward as **** :lol:

Aye, but he got a sneaky wee feel of a diffirent tit :thumbsup:

Nookie Bear

Labour lost by 50+ seats against May who messed up so bad yet Labour still think they did well.. that sort of thinking is why you lost. Not doing as badly as you feared is not doing well.

As for May what a complete cluster !"?$$% she made of campaign, U turns, missing live debates, I think been former Home sec' hurt her as attacks over last month showed how police cuts have weakened them way too much.

Good news is Sturgeon is going to be on back foot now, maybe more focus on all politics not just Indy ref will help.

Of all the things you mentioned - correctly - the terrorist attacks were a real problem for May. They happened on her watch and the tories have traditionally been seen as tough on law and order. The police cuts would not have been mentioned otherwise.

Corbyn may well have peak in this election. This was an open goal as said elsewhere. The Tories still managed to stager over the line.

This

That would push them back to Miliband results though. You'd lose the support of vast swathe of younger voters who backed him. They need to try and work out what went right and wrong before making rash leadership decisions. Brown and Miliband's quick departures hobbled their immediate response to the Tories as both times the party looked inward rather than attack the government and they, both times, were on the back foot on the deficit and Europe.

Labour should take time to assess its next steps. Scottish gains and gains in England need to be reviewed and assessed to allow the party to figure out how to consolidate these gains and push from there.

HaymarketJambo

I thought Corbyn was the star of the election and it's down to him that the Labour Party picked so many seats in Scotland and not Dugdale.

Jam Tarts 1874

I thought Corbyn was the star of the election and it's down to him that the Labour Party picked so many seats in Scotland and not Dugdale.

Totally agree.  Dugdale is hopeless, spent too much time blabbing on about the SNP instead of talking about the Labour manifesto.

:spoton:

Dugdale is at fault for allowing Mooth to dominate and draw in the anti-ref2 panic merchants. She has zero credibility and is not in a position to rely on the default position of high volume, guffawing and maniacal grinning enjoyed by the Mooth.

Dugdale. A woman outflanked by vocal chords and over-active facial muscles,

maroonlegions

Well done Corbyn, you stuck it up  the Tories as far as you could and brutalised their majority. :2thumbsup:

On another day who knows.  

Corbyn did virtually nothing but stand and watch others implode...May and the SNP disasters led to him looking good but he simply had an almost error free campaign without really saying much.

The SNP in effect have given the Tories power allbeit limited at present...had they held on to just a couple more then it would have been a hung drawn and quartered parliament for May the bottler and the tories

maroonlegions

May knows no shame eh.

18951180_821698464657432_585265884484950

And a wee search shows this;

Ulster Resistance (UR), or the Ulster Resistance Movement (URM),[1][2][3] is an Ulster loyalist paramilitary movement established by unionists in Northern Ireland on 10 November 1986 in opposition to the Anglo-Irish Agreement.[4]
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

And who could forget this just to even it up.

18920411_10210514768398677_7903675966764

Mind you May has also done a lucrative arms deal with the despot Saudi regime.

Tories  eh ,if it benefits them and their elite mates then its ok. 

But propping up your government with Ian Paisleys mob FFS. 

Strong and stable right enough.  

Dugdale is at fault for allowing Mooth to dominate and draw in the anti-ref2 panic merchants. She has zero credibility and is not in a position to rely on the default position of high volume, guffawing and maniacal grinning enjoyed by the Mooth.

Dugdale. A woman outflanked by vocal chords and over-active facial muscles,

Here's the irony. Dugdale and Davidson were both uncomfortable with the Westminster driven manifesto.

Difference is Davidson got on with it and when pressed on policy she disagreed with she showed a very human side and spoke well without necessarily endorsing the policy particularly on the rape clause.

Dugdale....failed miserably to remotely support anything Corbyn said. She then recklessly allowed Sturgeon to show her up as a liar live on TV. Not a chance Davidson would've fallen for that trap.

Davidson won the seats for her party despite her horrific leader. Dugdale threw hers away luckily Corbyn had pulled enough people back to the party to register something on the board.

Here's the irony. Dugdale and Davidson were both uncomfortable with the Westminster driven manifesto.

Difference is Davidson got on with it and when pressed on policy she disagreed with she showed a very human side and spoke well without necessarily endorsing the policy particularly on the rape clause.

Dugdale....failed miserably to remotely support anything Corbyn said. She then recklessly allowed Sturgeon to show her up as a liar live on TV. Not a chance Davidson would've fallen for that trap.

Davidson won the seats for her party despite her horrific leader. Dugdale threw hers away luckily Corbyn had pulled enough people back to the party to register something on the board.

Davidson is just a better politician and more intelligent. Dugdale has been exposed, again, as a lightweight.

Davidson is just a better politician and more intelligent. Dugdale has been exposed, again, as a lightweight.

I agree with what you've said but I always feel sorry for Kezia Dugdale as she seems like a genuinely nice woman, but that doesn't cut in politics.

I agree with what you've said but I always feel sorry for Kezia Dugdale as she seems like a genuinely nice woman, but that doesn't cut in politics.

I think she has a surface credibility as a principled Labour person without any substance to underpin the soundbytes and rhetoric. She's a desperate liar as well. Hell mend her.

He's going nowhere. Though as he's 68 he might not be around by the next GE (due to being too old to lead).

This

Agree

Pretty much where I am. Time to move on for her.

AlphonseCapone

Pretty much where I am. Time to move on for her.

Tbf you said that about Corbyn.

Tbf you said that about Corbyn.

You're right. But I've seen Dugdale in 3 campaigns and this one showed her up more than the others. She was pretty much awol.

You're right. But I've seen Dugdale in 3 campaigns and this one showed her up more than the others. She was pretty much awol.

Pity Diane Abbott could not have done the same.........a real example of someone unable to do their homework and unable to debate the topic

Of course she's not got her job because she was once 'involved' with Corbyn

There's about 200 PLP members just waiting to knife him in the back.

He ran a good campaign but he'll return to meek PMQs, backtracking on his fundamental beliefs and contributing nothing to Scotland but misinformed tosh that Kezia has dripped in his lug.

Busted flush.

Ever the optimist Hunky.

Do you believe Ian Blackford will be much cop? Do you think his investment banker back ground serves a leftist approach from the SNP or confirms their ever ongoing drift to the right?

I think this parliament will be defined by events outside of it and how the parties deal with that. As it is, all parties are playing catch-up with the public mood. Whoever starts to control that will probably come out on top.

Pity Diane Abbott could not have done the same.........a real example of someone unable to do their homework and unable to debate the topic

Of course she's not got her job because she was once 'involved' with Corbyn

Well. Given she's been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and she's been told it will have contributed to her poor performances.

However, I do agree she's a weak link in shadow cabinet at such a high ranking post.

However, I don't think that's purely down to her having been in a relationship with the leader years previous. It's more likely she didn't resign with the rest and was the best at the time... imo.

Captain Sausage

Blackford is a disastrous choice. They should have went for Tommy.

The SNP are becoming too managerial when it comes to the affairs of Scotland, there's no positive message, no wonder voters are leaving them in droves.

Not often we'll agree but I think you're spot on here.

• 1 month later...
maroonlegions

Cannot ever envisage May or even Cameron doing this.

20638467_695401283978871_810321930393617

Mind you May and Cameron  would and could not walk about in public the way Corbyn does, they would probably get lynched,  tells you all you need to know about who resonates more with the ordinary man and woman.

Its these little acts of kindness that show the true caliber of a person.  

Jambo-Jimbo

Mind you May and Cameron  would and could not walk about in public the way Corbyn does, they would probably get lynched,  tells you all you need to know about who resonates more with the ordinary man and woman.

Well of course they couldn't, for one their security detail wouldn't allow it in case some terrorists lynched them, if Corbyn were PM he wouldn't be allowed to just wander around either.

Not knocking his gesture though, good for him.

maroonlegions

Apparently Jeremy Corbyn said that he'll consider condemning Maduro if someone in the media has the guts to ask Theresa May to condemn the head-chopping, child-executing, sexist, homophobic, alleged war-crime commiting, dictatorial funders of ISIS; Saudi Arabia.

We're not holding our breath.

:jjyay:

MacDonald Jardine

Mind you May and Cameron would and could not walk about in public the way Corbyn does, they would probably get lynched, tells you all you need to know about who resonates more with the ordinary man and woman.

Nobody doubts He's personable on one level but his politics tend to be hysterical student stuff.

And his keeping the company of terrorists is questionable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Blackford is a disastrous choice. They should have went for Tommy.

The SNP are becoming too managerial when it comes to the affairs of Scotland, there's no positive message, no wonder voters are leaving them in droves.

The SNP have always been managerial in government.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived