Brexit?

aussieh

Francis Albert

If England don't have sovereignty, what is it we don't have?

That's right, dignity.

Anyone who thinks The EU and The UK is comparable to The UK and Scotland is a total Muppet.

Muppet=Unionist=Brit=Muppet

Sovereignty, dignity and full democracy is on it's way, Scots will no longest be denied by our very own Uncle Toms.

Tick fecking Tock onionists

Since the Scots have chosen to belong to the UK we have UK sovereignty to the extent it isn't diluted by EU membership. Imagine a country with 55% Uncle Toms. Is that really your view of Scotland?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Government's White Paper on Brexit.

Untitled_zpsi4hazrxa.jpg

So we always had Sovereignty, but because people FELT we didn't, we've left the EU.

Jesus fecking wept.

:cornette:

Maybe if the remain campaign had concentrated more on the facts instead of trying to scare the shit out of people, then maybe, just maybe the result might have turned out differently.

I'm sure there was something else which has come out since (can't remember what) which the remain side could have easily debunked, but didn't.

You have to ask yourself why didn't they.

Thunderstruck

Untitled_zpsi4hazrxa.jpg

So we always had Sovereignty, but because people FELT we didn't, we've left the EU.

Jesus fecking wept.

That's what happens when poorly-informed voters are duped by Hucksters. We should be grateful that there were enough canny Scots to have seen through the flim-flam in the past two referendums. If only our English and American cousins had been so perceptive.

Salmond, Farage and Trump - that would have been a fine Vaudeville act.

Since the Scots have chosen to belong to the UK we have UK sovereignty to the extent it isn't diluted by EU membership. Imagine a country with 55% Uncle Toms. Is that really your view of Scotland?

Scots chose independence, Fact. Brit resident in Scotland from all corners the UK out voted the Scots.

Untitled_zpsi4hazrxa.jpg

Jesus fecking wept.

Aye you're right jesus wept.

EU law supercedes all national government law.

Thats a hard fact.

You can pull out single sentences all you want.

Have to admit I was a Remainer but having second thoughts.

We should revert back to a simple Conmon Market and forget trying to get common law and movement of people etc.

Otherwise I think the whole lot may collapse.

That's what happens when poorly-informed voters are duped by Hucksters. We should be grateful that there were enough canny Scots to have seen through the flim-flam in the past two referendums. If only our English and American cousins had been so perceptive.

Salmond, Farage and Trump - that would have been a fine Vaudeville act.

Yeah us thickos who dont understand.

Ignore the fact that the uk economy has grown despite the scaremongering.

Ignore the fact of obamas restrictions on immigration from the same cointries as trump is being villified.

Ignore that Scotlands future is viable according to conservative think tanks and in fact would do better if in control of its own economy.

Us thick brexit independence voters should be banned and the state should be governed by neo liberals who use bombs as diplomacy.

The same voters that actually believe the EU isnt falling apart financially.

The same voters who believe or would have you believe that we wont be able to travel or work in Europe.

The same voters that ignore the italian time bomb.

50% youth unemployment in the south

Racial tensions way beyond anything the uk has.

Yeah us thicko brexit voters who when we have reasoned debate are dismissed as racist etc etc.

Francis Albert

Scots chose independence, Fact. Brit resident in Scotland from all corners the UK out voted the Scots.

So? English, Welsh and Irish residents in Scotland shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Thunderstruck

Yeah us thickos who dont understand.

Ignore the fact that the uk economy has grown despite the scaremongering.

Ignore the fact of obamas restrictions on immigration from the same cointries as trump is being villified.

Ignore that Scotlands future is viable according to conservative think tanks and in fact would do better if in control of its own economy.

Us thick brexit independence voters should be banned and the state should be governed by neo liberals who use bombs as diplomacy.

The same voters that actually believe the EU isnt falling apart financially.

The same voters who believe or would have you believe that we wont be able to travel or work in Europe.

The same voters that ignore the italian time bomb.

50% youth unemployment in the south

Racial tensions way beyond anything the uk has.

Yeah us thicko brexit voters who when we have reasoned debate are dismissed as racist etc etc.

Oh, come on, you can do better than that. Don't take criticism of your political idols or views as a personal slight; it's not healthy.

Are you honestly suggesting that no voters in Indy or Euro Referendums or in the Presidential election were influenced by promises of keeping or regaining wealth or were influenced by poking old prejudices.

The three gentlemen I mentioned knew exactly what they were doing; it's an age old tactic and one that works well on significant numbers of credulous voters.

You might argue that Better Together or Remain did the same and you might be right but that doesn't detract from the point that Greed and Prejudice are powerful influences.

Oh, come on, you can do better than that. Don't take criticism of your political idols or views as a personal slight; it's not healthy.

Are you honestly suggesting that no voters in Indy or Euro Referendums or in the Presidential election were influenced by promises of keeping or regaining wealth or were influenced by poking old prejudices.

The three gentlemen I mentioned knew exactly what they were doing; it's an age old tactic and one that works well on significant numbers of credulous voters.

You might argue that Better Together or Remain did the same and you might be right but that doesn't detract from the point that Greed and Prejudice are powerful influences.

Greedy and prejudice.

You mean like the never ending list of movie stars in america.

Or the crass comments about rednecks.

Or the thick northern english(right enough they know nothing of the politics of greed)

The greedy voters in Scotland .

Or is it the greedy financers of london who brought court cases against the government to force parliamentry consent.

The greedy northern european nations at the expense of southern europe.

Under obama the poverty gap grew.

The seven countries that trump is being villified for had travel restrictions since 2011 and out of 4 million applications only 2000 were approved.

So please look into actual facts before you throw your prjudiced view of voter types.

The ones you support have actual records of prejudice.

Facts please try dealing in them.

Sorry.

I went of on one again.

Greed and Prejudice are powerful influences.

Of that there is no doubt.

And i keep finding myself on trumps side which im not.

I just find the blind spot to the previous presidency very annoying.

And im a bit touchy about brexit.

• 2 weeks later...
Francis Albert

I see Tony Blair has re-entered the Brexit debate, demanding that the British people "rise up" and demand the right to change their mind, once again saying they did not vote for a "hard Brexit" (without of course defining the  "soft Brexit" he believes they voted for).  

The Leave voters were apparently not properly informed. This from the man who lied his way into the disastrous Iraqi war..

Trump has a rival for the most deluded and least self aware politician in the world.

I see Tony Blair has re-entered the Brexit debate, demanding that the British people "rise up" and demand the right to change their mind, once again saying they did not vote for a "hard Brexit" (without of course defining the  "soft Brexit" he believes they voted for).  

The Leave voters were apparently not properly informed. This from the man who lied his way into the disastrous Iraqi war..

Trump has a rival for the most deluded and least self aware politician in the world.

Looks like we agree on something.  :lol:

:facepalm:

Perhaps you favour a small dose of genocide to get rid off all these English people and balance the indy vote in your favour?  Of course, none of these European Immigrants the SNP wants would have voted No.

Give me time to get my old man out of the country before you set up your gas chambers.

So Blair wants to set up a movement and wants remainers to change the minds of the leavers.

Just how they would do this he didn't specify.

Why can't the man just accept the result, the UK is going to leave the EU for better or for worse, period, get over it Blair.

I also see Clegg & Farron have come out in support of Blair, but this is no real surprise.

Remember Blair is a firm believer that the UK should have joined the Euro, even after the Greek crisis of 2009, in 2011 Blair was still saying the UK would be better to join the Euro.

Clegg is also another advocate for the UK to have joined the Euro, as for Farron I don't know but he usually agrees with whatever Clegg & Blair say.

I think a huge majority of people realise and know that it would have been an absolute disaster if the UK had joined the Euro in the early 2000's, everybody apart from Blair, Clegg & Farron it seems.

I heard his speech on the BBC today. He didn't do anything of the sort.  He says that many people who voted leave didn't have the full facts and that we don't go through life making choices without reviewing those choices as facts/information  become known. I didn't see anything unreasonable in his speech. For the record , I voted stay but I'm resigned to the opinion poll outcome being implemented. That's democracy. 

Just for the record - where's the red bus with the ?350 million a day for the NHS. Immigration anyone ? Oh, they're being allowed to stay in the UK after all cos we've got all those old folk on the Costa del Sol etc who can't come home. Speaking of which - we now will have to pony up the money for their medical bills as Spain won't be doing it (so much for cutting the strain on NHS) . So , there you go. Some things that folks never thought  about when they voted leave. 

Francis Albert

I heard his speech on the BBC today. He didn't do anything of the sort.  He says that many people who voted leave didn't have the full facts and that we don't go through life making choices without reviewing those choices as facts/information  become known. I didn't see anything unreasonable in his speech. For the record , I voted stay but I'm resigned to the opinion poll outcome being implemented. That's democracy. 

Just for the record - where's the red bus with the ?350 million a day for the NHS. Immigration anyone ? Oh, they're being allowed to stay in the UK after all cos we've got all those old folk on the Costa del Sol etc who can't come home. Speaking of which - we now will have to pony up the money for their medical bills as Spain won't be doing it (so much for cutting the strain on NHS) . So , there you go. Some things that folks never thought  about when they voted leave. 

Just for the record, what is "Soft Brexit" as opposed to "Hard Brexit"?

And when did Blair get round to "reviewing his choices as facts/information became available"?.

Rather than blindly ignoring facts/information, inventing alternative facts and information, and on that basis waging a disastrous and illegal war?

Whatever you think of Brexit (and I too was for Remain) Blair is just about the last person in the world to be preaching about acting on the basis of facts and information.

Just for the record, what is "Soft Brexit" as opposed to "Hard Brexit"?

And when did Blair get round to "reviewing his choices as facts/information became available"?.

Rather than blindly ignoring facts/information, inventing alternative facts and information, and on that basis waging a disastrous and illegal war?

Whatever you think of Brexit (and I too was for Remain) Blair is just about the last person in the world to be preaching about acting on the basis of facts and information.

You're bang on the button with the last point. That doesn't mean that his message regarding re-evaluating the decision as more information becomes available regarding what Brexit will actually entail is a poor one.

I like the changes in your posting style...keep it up.

There's no problems keeping it up with photos like that kicking about, it's standing up that might be a problem!

EU law supercedes all national government law.

Thats a hard fact.

If you are going to claim something is a cold hard fact, at least make sure it's an actual cold hard fact first eh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-outs_in_the_European_Union

So the UK can opt out of any law in 4 out of the 5 policy areas.

Or in simpler terms, it can legally pick and choose what laws to follow in almost all cases.

But I thought all EU law supersedes national law?

If you are going to claim something is a cold hard fact, at least make sure it's an actual cold hard fact first eh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-outs_in_the_European_Union

So the UK can opt out of any law in 4 out of the 5 policy areas.

Or in simpler terms, it can legally pick and choose what laws to follow in almost all cases.

But I thought all EU law supersedes national law?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primacy_of_European_Union_law

Malinga the Swinga

I voted Remain but the people spoke out and voted to leave the EU. As 269 Miles said earlier, that is democracy and you don't always get the result you want.

If Tony Blair doesn't get that, then he doesn't get democracy, which isn't really a surprise, because he is wouldn't know true democracy if it jumped up and bit him on the arse.

To make things clear, Anthony Charles Lynton Blair is a *****. He is one of the biggest ***** the political world has ever seen, and that is some going because politics attracts more than its fair share of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Still in I see

The EU decides on something GB doesn't like and England decides on something Scotland doesn't like. GB don't suck it up as we're all European and vote leave, while Scotland are telt you're British suck it up, you're not allowed to leave.

Double standards.

Oh BTW, the EU negotiations won't involve trade, it's only about the exit from the EU.

:rofl: Trade deal negotiations won't be entertained until after Brexit.

Tick Tock

Seymour M Hersh

Still in I see

The EU decides on something GB doesn't like and England decides on something Scotland doesn't like. GB don't suck it up as we're all European and vote leave, while Scotland are telt you're British suck it up, you're not allowed to leave.

Double standards.

Oh BTW, the EU negotiations won't involve trade, it's only about the exit from the EU.

:rofl: Trade deal negotiations won't be entertained until after Brexit.

Tick Tock

You're a complete lunatic. May will trigger article 50 in a couple of weeks and when she does you'll probably explode along with Fat Eck, Jimmie Krankie and your fellow oddball Galactic Guppy. Happy ****ing days. 

You're a complete lunatic. May will trigger article 50 in a couple of weeks and when she does you'll probably explode along with Fat Eck, Jimmie Krankie and your fellow oddball Galactic Guppy. Happy ******* days.

With glee, EU Exit is the cherry on the cake.

Tick Tock

A lunatic is a Scotsman who thinks he's an equal to his fellow English Brit.

Not one EU reg or law was imposed on England, England has a veto, so the WM allowed them.

Holyrood has no veto, Scotland has no veto, England imposed everything on Scotland but we're the Democratic union and not the EU.

We don't even have a Scottish MP as Shadow secretary of State. Can you not have a coalition opposition or is that only allowed in government. Not

Not one EU reg or law was imposed on England, England has a veto, so the WM allowed them.

Holyrood has no veto, Scotland has no veto, England imposed everything on Scotland but we're the Democratic union and not the EU.

We don't even have a Scottish MP as Shadow secretary of State. Can you not have a coalition opposition or is that only allowed in government. Not

You have lost the plot, Skippy.

You really don't understand what devolved government means. The current situation was democraticly elected into place. Democracy is something the SNP are selective in supporting - referendum results being indisputable proof.

Your idol, Wee Nippy, has been neglecting the role she was elected to do which is manage local laws and services like health, education and policing. Brexit and immigration were never devolved and Scotland didn't have its own Brexit referendum so its time she stopped bitching about it.

If England don't have sovereignty, what is it we don't have?

That's right, dignity.

Anyone who thinks The EU and The UK is comparable to The UK and Scotland is a total Muppet.

Muppet=Unionist=Brit=Muppet

Sovereignty, dignity and full democracy is on it's way, Scots will no longest be denied by our very own Uncle Toms.

Tick fecking Tock onionists

Onionists. That me me LOL Aussieh   :illogical:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You really don't understand what devolved government means. The current situation was democraticly elected into place. Democracy is something the SNP are selective in supporting - referendum results being indisputable proof.

Your idol, Wee Nippy, has been neglecting the role she was elected to do which is manage local laws and services like health, education and policing. Brexit and immigration were never devolved and Scotland didn't have its own Brexit referendum so its time she stopped bitching about it.

Like most nationalists Aussie and Sturgeon hate the English. That's the extent of their politics.

Like most nationalists Aussie and Sturgeon hate the English. That's the extent of their politics.

Hate WM but you keep hating Scotland, britnatzi

Devolved who fecking cares about devolution, oh you gave us powers how damn good of you.

Feck Britain, death to Britain.

Like most loyalist/Unionist/Britnatzi you and May hate the Scots.

Feck Britain I hope it burns

Scotland will join its European brothers and sisters very soon.

Brits surrounded and then invaded.

absolute ****** garbage. If you can show me anything that Sturgeon has said that shows in any way her hatred for the English then fine. Wanting your country to be a proper nation like hundreds of others has nothing to do with any feelings for the neighbouring countries or their people.

Aussieh is just a trolling lunatic and I have had him on ignore since about his third post   

Aussie has lost the plot. These "You hate" outburst are extreme and extremely worrying. 

Scotland will join its European brothers and sisters very soon.

Brits surrounded and then invaded.

An independent Scotland will still be British, just as the UK out of the EU will still be European. You can't change geography with a vote.

zoltan socrates

Like most loyalist/Unionist/Britnatzi you and May hate the Scots.

Feck Britain I hope it burns

Calls people a nazi as an insult

Acts like a nazi

Couldnt make this shit up, and they wonder why their credibility id through the floor

As they say on EEN, hahaharious

Jambo-Jimbo

Devolved who fecking cares about devolution, oh you gave us powers how damn good of you.

Feck Britain, death to Britain.

The Death of Britain would lead to the Death of Scotland as well, who else would we sell ?50bn worth of produce too, certainly not the EU, they only want us so as they can sell their goods to us, not the other way round.

HaymarketJambo

What rubbish. 

If that's the case I must hate my own mother then who is English?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What rubbish.

If that's the case I must hate my own mother then who is English?

Yes. Pretty sad state of affairs after all she's done for you.

The Comedian

It would explain why one parliament is bad, let's take power back and one just over the channel is good, let's hand powers over.

HaymarketJambo

Yes. Pretty sad state of affairs after all she's done for you.

?

Funny that she votes SNP as well.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

?

Funny that she votes SNP as well.

Aussie would probably stone her for that, tbf tbh.

Archived