Brexit?

aussieh

Bazzas right boot

We haven't brexited yet but never the less it will give us control of our borders.

Unemployment has fallen in the uk.

We dont have the money yet saved from brexit.

But if a government chooses to spend it on the nhs they can.

Only if we leave everything else, this was not the line peddled at the time, so it was a lie.

It has, as per your previous   line we haven't left yet. These figures can be manipulated. but I  agree it is falling atm.

IDS has already called the NHS thing out ( before he left), as I think has Boris, who I think denied  it if memory serves. The figures themselves are In question, I've seen other figures contradicting this, but who knows what is true, I can confidently predict if  there is any money saved it isn't going on the NHS or anywhere near Scotland.

If the Torie's increase the spending on the NHS after Brexit, I will vote tory, by a union jack suit, join an orange band  and gladly sing rule Britannia.

As I said, Brexit might be good, I am a little  indifferent to it and can see both sides, what tipped it for me is the divided Europe mantra, I don't think this is ever a good thing, we seem to be undoing allot of the good work that has taken 70 years to achieve, however I might be and hope I am  talking pish on that one.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't brexited yet but never the less it will give us control of our borders.

Control the borders? Aye fae the EU, not Africa, Asia, or the the Caribbean. You'll no like that.

I'm gutted for you.

An Indy Scotland needs a population transplant. EU citizens and a million syrian/iraqi refugees will do the trick.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Quick Question GK, What happens if the EU ask Ireland to put up a border?.

Then there is a hard border. No one wants it just like no one wants one between England and your dream of an independent Scotland but if it happens, it happens.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is the USA a failure? The Dollar etc...

The USA is a country based first and foremost on political consent from its people to build one country, one common identity, one common flag, one common language etc. Economic union follows from that, not the other way round like the EU has done. When has consent come from the people of the EU to form a country called the Eutopean Union?

She's already trying to generalise it to make it "the kind of society." She thinks Scottish narcissism about its being a socially just paradise in contrast to English imperialism, genocide, racism and everything EnglandBad will win the day. The attempted EU/UK contrast was good/internationalist/PC/modern v Bad/imperialist/xenophobic. Bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/18/theresa-may-sturgeon-scottish-referendum-snp-leader?CMP=fb_cif

Alex Bell couldn't agree more.

She's boxed in.

Control the borders? Aye fae the EU, not Africa, Asia, or the the Caribbean. You'll no like that.

I'm gutted for you.

How many times is aussie going to be able to imply im racist.

Seriously its every post now.

We already have control over who we allow in from the countries you mentioned.

You consistently drag it down to this level .

If you had your way we would just have uncontrolled immigration.

Id love to see the look on your sorry face if that happened.

Are you a spotty teenager or something.

Francis Albert

Just in from work, Sky News saying that all EU leaders have told Maggie May to bolt after yesterday's speech.

17 million plus deluded Brexiteers left scratching their nappers in disbelief. :lol:

I thought tthat may was expressing a clear intention to bolt ... from the EU and the single market

The lawyers and civil service responsible for Brexit will be eating all the ?350 million per week saved for the next 10 years.

Haha spacey you're probably right there tbh.

Think of the legal bills untangling a centuries old union.

Cant have it both ways fishface

Haha spacey you're probably right there tbh.

Think of the legal bills untangling a centuries old union.

Cant have it both ways fishface

:laugh: "fishface"

Space Mackerel

I thought tthat may was expressing a clear intention to bolt ... from the EU and the single market

[emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777]

There will be none. On yer knees UKIP light.

Geoff Kilpatrick

[emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777][emoji777]

There will be none. On yer knees UKIP light.

What does this even mean?

Space Mackerel

What does this even mean?

You would know this if you lived in Scotland and followed the media here.

It might even affect your life and income too.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If that's the Scottish media then I'm glad I'm not following it.

Question for you though Space. Assuming the UK leaves the single market and then assuming you get your dream of Scottish independence, would you want an independent Scotland to be in the single market given that your major export market (the rest of the UK) is outside of it?

Ive lived in Edinburgh since i was born.

What media?

And what a xenophoboc comment.

If Geoff was Achmed living in India you would have shat your already stained yfronts to post that.

Space Mackerel

Question for you though Space. Assuming the UK leaves the single market and then assuming you get your dream of Scottish independence, would you want an independent Scotland to be in the single market given that your major export market (the rest of the UK) is outside of it?

Yes. But we won't have a hard border as is the case with Ireland. Or so they say.

Wont answer you .

Or someone like boris will try unsuccessfully to argue the difference.

Sorry geoff i know the last person you want is me to answer.

I get remain and no.

I even get leave and no

But yes and remain.

Ffs

Boris the first not boris johnson

Space Mackerel

Ive lived in Edinburgh since i was born.

What media?

And what a xenophoboc comment.

If Geoff was Achmed living in India you would have shat your already stained yfronts to post that.

Jakeys fall back comfort blanket...everyone is xenophobic to him :-/

What's your job jakey? What age are you? Ever been in a position of responsibility?

Yes. But we won't have a hard border as is the case with Ireland. Or so they say.

There will be a hard border. There cannot be anything but a hard border. The model opted for will be Sweden/Norway. A hard, but easy, border to cross.

Wont answer you .

I get remain and no.

I even get leave and no

But yes and remain.

Ffs

Tbf, independence within the EU if the UK is an EU member is the easiest of options for independence. Makes it an easier argument to win.

Leaving the EU makes independence a harder thing to achieve. Imo.

Space Mackerel

There will be a hard border. There cannot be a hard border. The model opted for will be Sweden/Norway. A hard, but easy, border to cross.

There will be a hard or there cannot be a hard border? Make your mind up.

There will be a hard or there cannot be a hard border? Make your mind up.

Sorry SM. Should've read "There cannot be anything but a hard border."

Long day.

Jakeys fall back comfort blanket...everyone is xenophobic to him :-/

What's your job jakey? What age are you? Ever been in a position of responsibility?

Im a minium rate paid labourer.

Ive spent all my life in that socio economic bracket.

The only responsibility i have had is for myself and my family.

Ive fed watered and protected them as best i can.

Im grateful for the opportunity to have done that with limited ability.

Especially considering much of the worlds plight.

Does that affect the validity of my opinion?

Does that diminish the views i hold?

Does that disqualify me from wanting the best for my family?

Or in your mind doez that equate me with the thick english working man thats so easily categorised on here without as much as a warning.

F u ck you come ahead my worlds as important as anyones.

Just sayin

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's not the point though. If Scotland is one side of the fence to the rest of the UK then there will be questions on freedom of movement in all aspects. In addition, I would expect there to be a referendum on an independent Scotland joining a European Union without the opt-outs that the UK will be rescinding on leaving. Imagine an independent Scotland having Schengen foisted on them as part of that sign-up.

Space Mackerel

Because id rather be an english workin man than a small minded scots racist bigot.

Calm doon jakey, we are all pals on here, Scottish, English, Welsh, Northern Irish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Belgian, even the daft fat Yanks who are obsessed with cheese, crap beer and hookers :lol: I've tried them all.

Where about in England are you from?

Space Mackerel

That's not the point though. If Scotland is one side of the fence to the rest of the UK then there will be questions on freedom of movement in all aspects. In addition, I would expect there to be a referendum on an independent Scotland joining a European Union without the opt-outs that the UK will be rescinding on leaving. Imagine an independent Scotland having Schengen foisted on them as part of that sign-up.

Your point is first in the queue. I'm watching with serious interest. Let's see how it plays out eh?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Your point is first in the queue. I'm watching with serious interest. Let's see how it plays out eh?

Absolutely. Which is why your laughter is a bit premature.

Space Mackerel

Absolutely. Which is why your laughter is a bit premature.

No border checks between U.K. and ROI after Brexit? Talk about a money making scheme? Forget AK's and Semtex and drugs, there's a 1000 more profitable commodities. Do you want a trade deal? :lol:

Calm doon jakey, we are all pals on here, Scottish, English, Welsh, Northern Irish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Belgian, even the daft fat Yanks who are obsessed with cheese, crap beer and hookers :lol: I've tried them all.

Where about in England are you from?

Im scottish born in elsie inglis.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No border checks between U.K. and ROI after Brexit? Talk about a money making scheme? Forget AK's and Semtex and drugs, there's a 1000 more profitable commodities. Do you want a trade deal? :lol:

You're assuming that tariffs will exist. The Irish government have much more to lose if tariffs do exist. It's the main reason the UK and Ireland joined at the same time in 1973.

Space Mackerel

You're assuming that tariffs will exist. The Irish government have much more to lose if tariffs do exist. It's the main reason the UK and Ireland joined at the same time in 1973.

I'm a betting man. I'll bet that 435 million will out do 65 million Union Flag wavers?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm a betting man. I'll bet that 435 million will out do 65 million Union Flag wavers?

You're assuming that the governments of those 435 million speak as one voice. Given the rise of Le Pen in France, Wilders in the Netherlands et al, I'm not so sure about that.

Its the service industry GK. Maybe Edinburgh could take over from London. And the UK's biggest export market is the EU, 50%, So?

You're assuming that the governments of those 435 million speak as one voice. Given the rise of Le Pen in France, Wilders in the Netherlands et al, I'm not so sure about that.

They've no chance. This is where Jake is right, UK propaganda in full swing.

Im scottish born in elsie inglis.

Show's your birth lines.

:D

Geoff Kilpatrick

Its the service industry GK. Maybe Edinburgh could take over from London. And the UK's biggest export market is the EU, 50%, So?

The point being is that there is severe pantwetting going on about trade barriers and access.

Also, I'd think carefully as to the implications of the Square Mile transferring to St Andrew Square for Edinburgh. Sure, it would be an awesome economic boost but there would be even more flight of Edinburghers to the Lothians and Fife seeking affordable living.

Wont answer you .

I get remain and no.

I even get leave and no

But yes and remain.

Ffs

You don't understand tactics to push for a second indyref?

Quite simple. But you'd rather be under English occupation than Indy and a EU member.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They've no chance. This is where Jake is right, UK propaganda in full swing.

Yep. They said that about Trump and Brexit as well.

Because id rather be an english workin man than a small minded scots racist bigot.

Is that code for Ukip.

Or in your mind doez that equate me with the thick english working man thats so easily categorised on here without as much as a warning.

Just sayin

UK ex

Just sayin

UK exports to the EU, ?220b-50%. UK is England and only England, they decide as they're Britain.

EU exports to the UK, ?290b-16% divided by 27 an average of ?11b per country.The EU must be shiting themselves.

They'll need to keep you lot out. Nae immigrants from rUK. Scots welcome as always. Not Brits who were born in Scotland though, after all Jesus was born in a stable and all that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

UK exports to the EU, ?220b-50%. UK is England and only England, they decide as they're Britain.

EU exports to the UK, ?290b-16% divided by 27 an average of ?11b per country.The EU must be shiting themselves.

They'll need to keep you lot out. Nae immigrants from rUK. Scots welcome as always. Not Brits who were born in Scotland though, after all Jesus was born in a stable and all that.

If those exports were equally spread, you'd have a point. In reality, Germany is a lot more concerned than Romania.

If those exports were equally spread, you'd have a point. In reality, Germany is a lot more concerned than Romania.

Germany will cope, easily, as they do.

Anyway, Refugees this way, all aboard the Eurostar and ferries.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Germany will cope, easily, as they do.

Anyway, Refugees this way, all aboard the Eurostar and ferries.

Funnily enough, all countries will cope.

Archived