Brexit?

aussieh

Space Mackerel

So that makes him more important.

How many people does he employ?

Does he source his components from ethical suppliers?

Does his business make money in England?

Will Scottish exports suffer after independence?

Will we believe the scaremongerers who say the English will impose trade barriers if we break that union?

Come on spacey you sound like a yoon.

I'll listen to him before dafty Doris who disnae like forunurs.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

Spacey actually could solve the post brexit economic slump.

Lets have a whip round get his mate over to china .

They love their bikes over there.

Do you not think it was the banks around 2008 that caused all the problems globally? You're surely not that stupid blaming the EU?

Francis Albert

She's already trying to generalise it to make it "the kind of society." She thinks Scottish narcissism about its being a socially just paradise in contrast to English imperialism, genocide, racism and everything EnglandBad will win the day. The attempted EU/UK contrast was good/internationalist/PC/modern v Bad/imperialist/xenophobic. Bullshit.

the fact is of course that the scots played a disproportionately large part in the British empire and slavery in america and the Caribbean.

Space Mackerel

come on. Even you can do better than that. Maybe not though.

Thought you would be out and about Brixton counting people of darker skin colour?

Space Mackerel

She's already trying to generalise it to make it "the kind of society." She thinks Scottish narcissism about its being a socially just paradise in contrast to English imperialism, genocide, racism and everything EnglandBad will win the day. The attempted EU/UK contrast was good/internationalist/PC/modern v Bad/imperialist/xenophobic. Bullshit.

I quite this article from a Professor at Cambridge Uni. Sums up the English xenophobic traits.

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/the_problem_with_the_english_england_doesn_t_want_to_be_just_another_member_of_a_team_1_4851882

Francis Albert

Thought you would be out and about Brixton counting people of darker skin colour?

I thought you might just be capable of intelligent discourse. We all make mistakes

Do you not think it was the banks around 2008 that caused all the problems globally? You're surely not that stupid blaming the EU?

Thats a whole different subject.

But using your logic that means the uk government cannot be blamed for the economy either?

You know spacey you and aussie want to drop the constant referral to posters as being racist.

Especially considering the bigoted and xenophobic slavers you both post.

the fact is of course that the scots played a disproportionately large part in the British empire and slavery in america and the Caribbean.

They sure did. And colonised Ulster with exclusively peaceful consequences unto our days and then welcomed the Irish who came after the famine. The Highland Clearances took place in Tory England. Etc.

Space Mackerel

But using your logic that means the uk government cannot be blamed for the economy either?

Is it? Or was the whole EU referendum won on lies and deceit?

Were a few people from the former Eastern bloc really responsible for the economic slow down? Of course they weren't, but you and others were done up like a kipper by the far right of the Tory party and their UKIP pals.

I'll listen to him before dafty Doris who disnae like forunurs.

Who doesn't like foreigners spacey?

Or is this just the usual tactic of insults when you have no answer?

Is it? Or was the whole EU referendum won on lies and deceit?

Were a few people from the former Eastern bloc really responsible for the economic slow down? Of course they weren't, but you and others were done up like a kipper by the far right of the Tory party and their UKIP pals.

No they were not responsible.

Not going to respond to the cheap attacks.

Ive posted at length my reasons for brexit and you reduce it to this everytime.

We all know you bang on about independence because of your xenophobe towards people with a different accent.

How can you blame london after 2008

How will we sell our goods to england.

Will we only sell them haggis.

See its easy to do what you do.

Get a grip spacey ...

Smiley face with a wink

Rolling about stick man.

Space Mackerel

Who doesn't like foreigners spacey?

Or is this just the usual tactic of insults when you have no answer?

Saw an interview on Sky News with someone cockahoop about Maggie Mays speech. Saying he was going to enjoy not waiting a week for a docs appointment due to less foreigners. Well guess what, multi millionaire Osbourne has been cutting spending with his austerity program for the last 5 years. So who's to blame?

What do you think about the new First Lady being an immigrant? :lol:

Space Mackerel

No they were not responsible.

Not going to respond to the cheap attacks.

Ive posted at length my reasons for brexit and you reduce it to this everytime.

We all know you bang on about independence because of your xenophobe towards people with a different accent.

How can you blame london after 2008

How will we sell our goods to england.

Will we only sell them haggis.

See its easy to do what you do.

Get a grip spacey ...

Smiley face with a wink

Rolling about stick man.

I'm an xenophobe, aye? Because I want Scotland to be independent, right? :rofl:

You've been duped by the far right pal, the only thing you're getting are longer working hours, less money, less holidays and less pension. Sewn up like a kipper.

Saw an interview on Sky News with someone ****** a hoop about Maggie Mays speech. Saying he was going to enjoy not waiting a week for a docs appointment due to less foreigners. Well guess what, multi millionaire Osbourne has been cutting spending with his austerity program for the last 5 years. So who's to blame?

What do you think about the new First Lady being an immigrant? :lol:

Well saying as my family were immigrants i dont really think its a bad thing.

Let me guess the interview would have been conducted in the north and the remain voter conducted in the south and had reasoned concerns.

Just a guess .

Wouldnt be a manipulation by editors with an agenda would it?

You've been duped by the far right pal, the only thing you're getting are longer working hours, less money, less holidays and less pension. Sewn up like a kipper.

Im a racist because i voted brexit.

Roll around stick man laughing.

You been done up like a kipper and duped by the euro luvvies.

Smiley winking face.

Is this how its done?

Imagine Joseywales and AussieH in a room, arguing the rights and wrongs of the british union. :gok:

Would be fine viewing.

I haven't read the whole thread but you seem to be a very bitter person. I hope none of your friends or family ever dare disagree with you!

Geoff Kilpatrick

The financial crisis exposed the myth of the Eurozone i.e. you can have economic union without political union.

It's funny though. You've jumped around laughing at Leave voters yet if the vote had been reversed you fail to recognise that Europhiles would have taken that as a mandate to continue to push a Federal Europe, despite the disastrous economic tragedy of Southern Europe. The latter of course is another reason why economic migration is so prevalent.

If your idea of Scottish Independence is to be ruled by Brussels, then I'm afraid it's you that's being duped and sewn up like a kipper by the SNP.

If your idea of Scottish Independence is to be ruled by Brussels, then I'm afraid it's you that's being duped and sewn up like a kipper by the SNP.

I don't really get this "ruled from Brussels" shout.  Never have.

If you are in the EU then you accept collective responsibility for things.  If that is being ruled by Brussels, then so be it.

And, as has been mentioned numerous times, it's not like the individual member states do not have input into the functioning of the EU, it's commisioners and its laws.

That said, if Scotland were to become independent I would expect another referendum on EU membership to be held, as I would for all constitutional matters.

The financial crisis exposed the myth of the Eurozone i.e. you can have economic union without political union.

It's funny though. You've jumped around laughing at Leave voters yet if the vote had been reversed you fail to recognise that Europhiles would have taken that as a mandate to continue to push a Federal Europe, despite the disastrous economic tragedy of Southern Europe. The latter of course is another reason why economic migration is so prevalent.

When was the last time Southern Europe was in good shape economically? For as long as I can remember they've had large black economies, lax taxation, weak currencies and high unemployment. EU membership doesn't seem to have helped but I don't think it's the cause. Happy to be proved wrong.

I've mellowed a bit over the course of this debate and can accept that the EU is in many ways in need of significant reshaping. However what still concerns me about Brexit, is that it's being driven by the hard right in the UK, the same people who would love nothing better than to roll back worker's rights, welfare and are at very least, a bit xenephobic. It would be more palatable if it was being pushed by those with progressive ideas.

When was the last time Southern Europe was in good shape economically? For as long as I can remember they've had large black economies, lax taxation, weak currencies and high unemployment. EU membership doesn't seem to have helped but I don't think it's the cause. Happy to be proved wrong.

I've mellowed a bit over the course of this debate and can accept that the EU is in many ways in need of significant reshaping. However what still concerns me about Brexit, is that it's being driven by the hard right in the UK, the same people who would love nothing better than to roll back worker's rights, welfare and are at very least, a bit xenephobic. It would be more palatable if it was being pushed by those with progressive ideas.

Totally agree with you.  I said earlier that there was certainly a case for leaving the EU, it's just that the decision was made using the wrong argument!

My concern with Brexit is the ideological reasons driving those in power.  Those who voted to leave will reap a full fat, neo-liberal shitemare as public services fall away, to be raped by the private sector.  Who will they blame then?

Immigration will have been sorted so it can't be immigration...

I don't really get this "ruled from Brussels" shout.  Never have.

If you are in the EU then you accept collective responsibility for things.  If that is being ruled by Brussels, then so be it.

And, as has been mentioned numerous times, it's not like the individual member states do not have input into the functioning of the EU, it's commisioners and its laws.

That said, if Scotland were to become independent I would expect another referendum on EU membership to be held, as I would for all constitutional matters.

Being part of the EU is having to accept rulings and laws which are made in Brussels, so in effect you are being ruled by Brussels, of course each country does have your own rules and laws in addition to this but these can be challenged and overturned by an EU court  and have been on occasions, so who really is in charge then?

That was one of the questions up for debate during the EU referendum, the question of Sovereignty and whose courts had the most power, the UK or the EU.

The argument was if an EU court could overturn a decision of a UK court then the EU courts held more power than their member states own courts did, so in effect you're being ruled from Brussels.

I doubt very much Sturgeon would hold a referendum for EU membership as she believes she already has a mandate to take Scotland into the EU as it is, mind she'd have to have the balls to call an indyref2 (assuming she got May's permission to hold one) then actually win it, which doesn't look likely anytime in the near future, either holding nor winning an indyref2.

Sturgeon can shout and scream at the top of her voice from the rooftops about Scotland being dragged out of the EU against it's will all she likes, it's all tears and snotters, but will she actually do something about it, like demanding an indyref2, of course she won't because right here and now she'd lose and she knows that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ironically, you make the point. Why should weak economies be shackled to an economic powerhouse like Germany? That isn't sustainable and never could be. However, the hidden method of balancing that disadvantage, devaluing and inflation, has gone, leading to mass unemployment, particularly youth unemployment.

Being part of the EU is having to accept rulings and laws which are made in Brussels, so in effect you are being ruled by Brussels, of course each country does have your own rules and laws in addition to this but these can be challenged and overturned by an EU court  and have been on occasions, so who really is in charge then?

That was one of the questions up for debate during the EU referendum, the question of Sovereignty and whose courts had the most power, the UK or the EU.

The argument was if an EU court could overturn a decision of a UK court then the EU courts held more power than their member states own courts did, so in effect you're being ruled from Brussels.

I doubt very much Sturgeon would hold a referendum for EU membership as she believes she already has a mandate to take Scotland into the EU as it is, mind she'd have to have the balls to call an indyref2 (assuming she got May's permission to hold one) then actually win it, which doesn't look likely anytime in the near future, either holding nor winning an indyref2.

Sturgeon can shout and scream at the top of her voice from the rooftops about Scotland being dragged out of the EU against it's will all she likes, it's all tears and snotters, but will she actually do something about it, like demanding an indyref2, of course she won't because right here and now she'd lose and she knows that.

Regards EU law - you make it sound as if it is conjured up from nowhere, with no debate, no input from member states.  Equally, each member appoints a judge to the ECJ.

Being part of the EU means give and take, in the same way a minister in a government accepts cabinet responsibility.

If a UK court is over-ruled it is on a point of law that the UK has contributed to.  As I see it, anyway.

On the subject of sovereignty, why should Scotland leave the EU given it voted overwhelmingly to remain in it?  We are, after all an equal partner in this union that is the UK?  As I see it, there was a 2-2 draw by the constituent nations of the UK. :wink:

Regards EU law - you make it sound as if it is conjured up from nowhere, with no debate, no input from member states.  Equally, each member appoints a judge to the ECJ.

Being part of the EU means give and take, in the same way a minister in a government accepts cabinet responsibility.

If a UK court is over-ruled it is on a point of law that the UK has contributed to.  As I see it, anyway.

On the subject of sovereignty, why should Scotland leave the EU given it voted overwhelmingly to remain in it?  We are, after all an equal partner in this union that is the UK?  As I see it, there was a 2-2 draw by the constituent nations of the UK. :wink:

I hear what your saying about the EU law part and I don't disagree with your analysis of it the way you see it.

The question on the ballot paper was 'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?'

I don't see any mention that Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, England or even London were getting a different vote from everybody else.

Everybody knew this was a UK wide vote and as an equal partner in the Union Scotland was given the exact same voting rights which the rest of the UK got as well.

I agree Scotland voted to remain, as did N. Ireland and London as a whole whilst the majority of England & Wales voted to leave, and whilst I understand what your saying and I respect your opinion that you may not be happy with the result.

At the end of the day that's the way democracy works.

When was the last time Scotland or Wales voted for a Conservative Government, yet because a GE is a UK wide vote we have little choice but to accept the result if the Tories win enough votes elsewhere, that's democracy.

I hear what your saying about the EU law part and I don't disagree with your analysis of it the way you see it.

The question on the ballot paper was 'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?'

I don't see any mention that Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, England or even London were getting a different vote from everybody else.

Everybody knew this was a UK wide vote and as an equal partner in the Union Scotland was given the exact same voting rights which the rest of the UK got as well.

I agree Scotland voted to remain, as did N. Ireland and London as a whole whilst the majority of England & Wales voted to leave, and whilst I understand what your saying and I respect your opinion that you may not be happy with the result.

When was the last time Scotland or Wales voted for a Conservative Government, yet because a GE is a UK wide vote we have little choice but to accept the result if the Tories win enough votes elsewhere, that's democracy.

A bit like the EU and the laws that we, the UK, don't particularly care for.

As I've said before, the EU is in real need of reform and is far from perfect.  There are no doubt many valid reasons for getting out.

It's just the ones put forward by the official leave campaign seem to me, at least, to be pretty blinkered and closed minded.  What I'm afraid of is what the UK, or at least parts of it, shall become.  Will a Tory government really be able to replace the monies industry and agriculture receive via EU grants?  Will our research sector in Higher Education be able to find funding?  Will our universities be able to fund themselves with fees from overseas students, now the "keep out" signs will be at our borders?

I suspect the UK may well be about to find out just exactly how the rest of the world actually perceives us, and that's not going to go down well with the John Bull types, still revelling in Rorkes Drift and Seringapatam.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A bit like the EU and the laws that we, the UK, don't particularly care for.

As I've said before, the EU is in real need of reform and is far from perfect. There are no doubt many valid reasons for getting out.

It's just the ones put forward by the official leave campaign seem to me, at least, to be pretty blinkered and closed minded. What I'm afraid of is what the UK, or at least parts of it, shall become. Will a Tory government really be able to replace the monies industry and agriculture receive via EU grants? Will our research sector in Higher Education be able to find funding? Will our universities be able to fund themselves with fees from overseas students, now the "keep out" signs will be at our borders?

I suspect the UK may well be about to find out just exactly how the rest of the world actually perceives us, and that's not going to go down well with the John Bull types, still revelling in Rorkes Drift and Seringapatam.

If the EU is such as successful model, why have none of the other continents copied its model?

You worry about money but at least in the Leave scenario, politicians in the UK are accountable for all of the purse strings.

If the EU is such as successful model, why have none of the other continents copied its model?

You worry about money but at least in the Leave scenario, politicians in the UK are accountable for all of the purse strings.

As are the EU politicians.

Not all UK politicians take responsibility though.  Arlene Foster for example.

Bazzas right boot

Europe is a bit meh for me, however it's clear he leave campaign was full of lies and leaving it will have a negative, short term impact at the very least.

In terms of Indey ref 2.

Keep it simple as there are arguments for and against.

Ask your self, is Scotland a region of the UK?

If you think yes, vote no and fall In Line with what england do and want.

If you think we are a country, vote yes.

We then become a proper country and make our own decisions.

Bazzas right boot

If you view Scotland as a region of the UK, this is 100%.

If you view Scotland as a country, you will feel you are being forced into something.

Comes back to Independence again, and how the individual feels about Scotland.

We need to become Independent, or jack the Scottish parliament and tow the line with Westminster and become effectively the north of the UK, not Scotland.

We can't have our cake and eat it.

The snp should put the ultimatum forward.

Independence or

If we vote no and shit it, the Scottish parliament is no more and the snp will not act as a shit shield to protect us from the Tories, we get the same treatment as Midlands, etc

We will get a chance to decide, again.

Should be all in, or nothing.

No inbetween.

Europe is a bit meh for me, however it's clear he leave campaign was full of lies and leaving it will have a negative, short term impact at the very least.

In terms of Indey ref 2.

Keep it simple as there are arguments for and against.

Ask your self, is Scotland a region of the UK?

If you think yes, vote no and fall In Line with what england do and want.

If you think we are a country, vote yes.

We then become a proper country and make our own decisions.

Can you list the lies which the leave campaign told ?

Then perhaps let me know which of the things the remain campaign told us would happen in the event of brexit?

When was the last eu submission of expenditure?

The level of corruption in the EU makes westminster look like they pilfered paperclips.

Has anyone seen the pension schemes afforded eu bureucrats.

The level of meps expenses.

Oh and the myth that the EU is some kind of buffer to right wing politics is laughable.

As far as i know there are only three governments in the EU who could be described as left wing.

Two of which have been hamstrung by the EU regarding spending plans.

Bazzas right boot

Can you list the lies which the leave campaign told ?

Then perhaps let me know which of the things the remain campaign told us would happen in the event of brexit?

Serious?

Single market membership and controlling immigration? Shot down straight away

No threat to jobs? Not going well.

The cost of the EU to UK and the fact ?350m extra would be used on the NHS- shite.The big red bus, it was a whopper!

Not going to argue, as in all honesty I can take or leave the EU. Change is always difficult, but over time things usually end up ok. We might benefit, However I cannot see a Torie government filling the funding gap.

My only real concern about the break up of the EU is that a divided Europe generally only ends one way.

By staying tied together economically, socially and culturely everyone generally gets on better.

This is of course speculative, but history does show a trend in this matter.

Scottish independence is of far more importance to me, with or without the EU.

Meant to add May, Davidson et al were all for Remain. May herself outlined the benefits of staying as did that horrible person Davidson ( google it, you'll probably answer your own question). They changed their mind quickly. I tend not to trust "leaders" that can change priority's and principles like the wind changes direction. I wouldn't believe these type of folk if they told me water was wet.

If this is a vehicle to push this, then I'll support it.

Bazzas right boot

I don't really get this "ruled from Brussels" shout. Never have.

If you are in the EU then you accept collective responsibility for things. If that is being ruled by Brussels, then so be it.

About 7% of our laws are from Brussels, the rest is us.

Most are on health and safety and human rights.

Look up the Alien Act 1705.

Did you hear the PM when asked today about the repeal act and EVEL. Revisiting devolved matters are they.

Quick Question GK, What happens if the EU ask Ireland to put up a border?.

Is the USA a failure? The Dollar etc...

Common Scots? Your arse.

No, that's a reason for independence.

Bazzas right boot

No, that's a reason for independence.

It is if you feel Scotland is a country.

It's not if you view UK as the country and that Scotland is part  or a region of that country.

This is what the SNP should be focusing on more, imo and as I said make people choose between Scotland being a country or a  region, none of this half way house pish.

This will force soft "no" voters to yes to vote yes. At the moment we have a comfort blanket if we vote no, we should remove that especially the labour/ lib no voters who must be wavering now.

Tories and loyalists will generally always vote to be apart of the UK, fair enough they are not the audience to go after.

If we vote no after that, imo Scotland shouldn't get treated any different to any other part of the UK  and independence,/ more central government will have to be achieved a different way and probably taken off the table for a long term.

Thunderstruck

Look up the Alien Act 1705.

Did you hear the PM when asked today about the repeal act and EVEL. Revisiting devolved matters are they.

Aliens - are those the wee guys you commune with when you are on a job on a roof?

I'm sure you heard Angus Robertson wittering on about the "18,000 Scottish jobs at risk from Brexit" - do you think he has made a similar point to the FM about the impact of Independence?

I am sure the recent reports on Scottish business confidence will have been part of your essential bedtime reading so what do you make of the pessimism in Scottish business as opposed to growing confidence in England and Wales? Might it be, as some analysts observe, the result of uncertainty over IndyRef2?

Space Mackerel

Just in from work, Sky News saying that all EU leaders have told Maggie May to bolt after yesterday's speech.

17 million plus deluded Brexiteers left scratching their nappers in disbelief. :lol:

Aliens - are those the wee guys you commune with when you are on a job on a roof?

I'm sure you heard Angus Robertson wittering on about the "18,000 Scottish jobs at risk from Brexit" - do you think he has made a similar point to the FM about the impact of Independence?

I am sure the recent reports on Scottish business confidence will have been part of your essential bedtime reading so what do you make of the pessimism in Scottish business as opposed to growing confidence in England and Wales? Might it be, as some analysts observe, the result of uncertainty over IndyRef2?

Lalalalalalalala

You know spacey you and aussie want to drop the constant referral to posters as being racist.

Especially considering the bigoted and xenophobic slavers you both post.

You first.

Lets talk about corruption Jake.

Saville

Hillsborough

Miners

Expenses

1979 devo

WMD

Cash for questions

The lords

The royals

Wars and weapons trading

Scotland's oil

Etc...

Serious?

Single market membership and controlling immigration? Shot down straight away

No threat to jobs? Not going well.

The cost of the EU to UK and the fact ?350m extra would be used on the NHS- shite.The big red bus, it was a whopper!

Not going to argue, as in all honesty I can take or leave the EU. Change is always difficult, but over time things usually end up ok. We might benefit, However I cannot see a Torie government filling the funding gap.

My only real concern about the break up of the EU is that a divided Europe generally only ends one way.

By staying tied together economically, socially and culturely everyone generally gets on better.

This is of course speculative, but history does show a trend in this matter.

Scottish independence is of far more importance to me, with or without the EU.

Meant to add May, Davidson et al were all for Remain. May herself outlined the benefits of staying as did that horrible person Davidson ( google it, you'll probably answer your own question). They changed their mind quickly. I tend not to trust "leaders" that can change priority's and principles like the wind changes direction. I wouldn't believe these type of folk if they told me water was wet.

If this is a vehicle to push this, then I'll support it.

We haven't brexited yet but never the less it will give us control of our borders.

Unemployment has fallen in the uk.

We dont have the money yet saved from brexit.

But if a government chooses to spend it on the nhs they can.

Space Mackerel

We haven't brexited yet but never the less it will give us control of our borders.

Unemployment has fallen in the uk.

We dont have the money yet saved from brexit.

But if a government chooses to spend it on the nhs they can.

The lawyers and civil service responsible for Brexit will be eating all the ?350 million per week saved for the next 10 years.

Archived