Brexit?

aussieh

:facepalm: Aye, cause the EU rules us. :rofl:

Gies peace

Every time a nation has failed to ratify a treaty or trade deals through referendum its been overturned.

The EU always gets its way.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've been reading Express reports by that daft twisted Siobhan lassie and following JK Rowling too much on Twatter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No its actually facts makeral.

Your the meme man with no concept of irony.

Ive posted links on this matter before.Try finding out for yourself.

We are no better or worse than any other wealthy nation.

You think that being a good scotsman means making out we are some kind of uber tolerant race.

We have sectarian problems that far outweigh other parts of the uk.

If you added the numbers from those incidents in with those of racist ones we would top the table .

You've been reading Express reports by that daft twisted Siobhan lassie and following JK Rowling too much on Twatter.

And please stop with the you read the express and the mail.

I dont do twitter and ive no idea who the lassie is.

Honestly makeral you can be nippy as fek.

Fair enough but its brainless nippy

Space Mackerel

No its actually facts makeral.

Your the meme man with no concept of irony.

Ive posted links on this matter before.Try finding out for yourself.

We are no better or worse than any other wealthy nation.

You think that being a good scotsman means making out we are some kind of uber tolerant race.

We have sectarian problems that far outweigh other parts of the uk.

If you added the numbers from those incidents in with those of racist ones we would top the table .

There's this:

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/8731/police-scotland-no-rise-hate-crime-scotland-brexit

Or you can have made up shite by Auld Jack, a Better Together campaigner

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/scottish-independence-police-deny-mcconnell-claim-1-3544523

Space Mackerel

Remind me what year our referendum was please ?

It doesn't mention anything about about attacks on English nationals though. It's just another generic piece of guff from the BBC of all people.

I thought the exit strategy was to adopt the EU laws as our own then ammend or drop the ones we didnt want.

As for trade .

German exports to the UK account for 7% of their total exporrs only usa and france better that.

And German exports to the EU as a whole have risen by 5%.

German exports have risen by 12% to non EU

countries in Europe.

I guess im trying to say that those kind of figures wont be allowed to change.

Also why cant we see this as an opportunity to get a different UK.

A place where living wage and ethical trade deals mark us out.

Where democracy is respected.

In the not to distant future i bet loads of europeans will wish they no longer belong to the EU.

Its on the brink .

It doesn't mention anything about about attacks on English nationals though. It's just another generic piece of guff from the BBC of all people.

British whites.

Theres more on this if you care to look.

Oh and by the way the numbers were miniscule but about the same percentage as the "little englanderz" you falsely accuse of being inherently racist.

You generalise them in this way which i should remind you is offensive to some of them.

Can you guess what that defines you as?

And you use bbc reports when it suits you.

But go look theres police scotlands own figures and a few university studies on the affect of our referendum.

Space Mackerel

British whites.

Oh and by the way the numbers were miniscule but about the same percentage as the "little englanderz" you falsely accuse of being inherently racist.

You generalise them in this way which i should remind you is offensive to some of them.

But go look theres police scotlands own figures and a few university studies on the affect of our referendum.

For the millionth time, I don't dislike English people, half my cousins, aunties and uncles live there and lot of my pals from motor bikes and airforce days including my best mate is English.

And maybe these "white British attacks" were actually Scottish people getting it tight or lamped. Just like when that crowd of Sevco supporting thugs charged George Square.

Space Mackerel

Space Mackerel is having a minter

Here's the guy who calls people tickets but gets all upset when people use personal insults against him [emoji2]

Rudi-Robertson

Here's the guy who calls people tickets but gets all upset when people use personal insults against him [emoji2]

It must have been a typo because you're are a rocket pal

Space Mackerel

It must have been a typo because you're are a rocket pal

Back to your colouring in pics of Winston Churchill please

Rudi-Robertson

Back to your colouring in pics of Winston Churchill please

I don't do colours, I'm racist am I not?

The Mighty Thor

Also why cant we see this as an opportunity to get a different UK.

A place where living wage and ethical trade deals mark us out.

With the Tory party set to rule for the next 15-20 years? [emoji38]

Why do you think they are gagging to come out of Europe? Is it so they can show us their benevolent and philanthropic side which thus far those nasty johnny foreigner types have prevented them from doing?

Or could it be without European oversight the most vile, self serving and vindictive shower of ***** in the political sphere can get to work in repealing anything and everything that may protect workers rights and benefit their corporate donors?

It'll be a very different UK, you're not wrong.

Why do you think they are gagging to come out of Europe? Is it so they can show us their benevolent and philanthropic side which thus far those nasty johnny foreigner types have prevented them from doing?

Or could it be without European oversight the most vile, self serving and vindictive shower of ***** in the political sphere can get to work in repealing anything and everything that may protect workers rights and benefit their corporate donors?

Think the CETA deal blows your EU fairytale of a fairer society clean out the water.

jack D and coke

There is absolutely no chance of the tories ruling for that amount of time. That's just such a silly thing to say...the English aren't as stupid as us up here.

Labour would've been in power for half a century in Scotland despite doing the square root of **** all for the poorest parts of the country and the likeliness is the SNP have taken over the baton to rule now for the foreseeable as our electorate is as thick as two short planks. As long as it's no the Toaries :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17.4 million people lean forward, pen and pad at the ready...

CwhD3pBXcAA-Q9t_zpsyqfvz8ca.jpg

Tell them its great for business its just ratified CETA which allows big business to sue governments if their profits are affected by policies they implement.

Ive got lists of why the EU is bad for a whole variety of reasons.

Francis Albert

Corbyn has said Labour will vote to block Brexit unless the UK has access to the single market, workers rights are fully protected, and the Government guarantees to cover the costs incurred in leaving. Given the link of access to the market to free movement of peoples that sounds like "Brexit means Bremain".

The Mighty Thor

There is absolutely no chance of the tories ruling for that amount of time. That's just such a silly thing to say...the English aren't as stupid as us up here.

Labour would've been in power for half a century in Scotland despite doing the square root of **** all for the poorest parts of the country and the likeliness is the SNP have taken over the baton to rule now for the foreseeable as our electorate is as thick as two short planks. As long as it's no the Toaries :facepalm:

Who is going to stop them?

Corbyn?

I'll crack the gags

Corbyn has said Labour will vote to block Brexit unless the UK has access to the single market, workers rights are fully protected, and the Government guarantees to cover the costs incurred in leaving. Given the link of access to the market to free movement of peoples that sounds like "Brexit means Bremain".

And so it begins.

The second the High Court ruled that Parliament had to debate the terms of Brexit and then have a vote on it, this sort of thing was always going to happen.

There were headlines in some of the papers the other day, saying that the Judges were the enemy of the people, no they got that wrong I'm afraid.

The real enemy of the people, and the real enemy of Democracy are, all the politicians who are, trying everything they can to obstruct and to prevent the carrying out of the will of the majority of the British people who voted in the EU referendum.

Daydream Believer

And so it begins.

The second the High Court ruled that Parliament had to debate the terms of Brexit and then have a vote on it, this sort of thing was always going to happen.

There were headlines in some of the papers the other day, saying that the Judges were the enemy of the people, no they got that wrong I'm afraid.

The real enemy of the people, and the real enemy of Democracy are, all the politicians who are, trying everything they can to obstruct and to prevent the carrying out of the will of the majority of the British people who voted in the EU referendum.

What's new?

In my experience most politicians care about;

1 Getting elected/re-elected

2 Getting a more powerful role

3 Furthering their own/their friends interests/ideologies

The "will of the people" is just a handy soundbite they can use when required.

Having said that, I think that there's a debate to had since the referendum question did not say do you want to leave the EU at any cost.

Unless the govt. win the appeal, surely there will have to be an early general election. (if that can happen)

Francis Albert

If Corbyn wasn't steeped in the history of the extra-Parliamentary hard left and was instead steeped in the history of the Labour Party he would recall Aneurin Bevan's warning against sending people naked into the Conference Chamber. And if Labour still had a decent coterie of ex-Trade Unionists MPs Labour MPs would have some understanding of what a negotiation involves.

Francis Albert

And so it begins.

... while all the time piously saying they accept the outcome of the referendum, as Corbyn did while proposing to cut the Brexit negotiators legs off at the knees.

Space Mackerel

Tell them its great for business its just ratified CETA which allows big business to sue governments if their profits are affected by policies they implement.

Ive got lists of why the EU is bad for a whole variety of reasons.

Brilliant news, I can sue May for having to spend over ?100 the other day to get Environmental Policy up to date by my H&S advisor.

So, get this list going jakey.

jack D and coke

Who is going to stop them?

Corbyn?

I'll crack the gags

Because Corbyn will be leader for the next 20 years won't he.

I'll do the jokes

Francis Albert

17.4 million people lean forward, pen and pad at the ready...

CwhD3pBXcAA-Q9t_zpsyqfvz8ca.jpg

The Common Agricultural and Fisheries Policy. Farmers like it but it subsidises inefficient farming at cost to other businesses. It has virtually destroyed the UK fishing industry.

The inability of states to offer temporary financial aid to local industries like the steel industry while competitors outside the EU are free to do so.

An open borders policy which does not enable the UK and UK industry to adopt an immigration policy which offers preferential access to people with skills and qualifications Britain needs,

What's new?

In my experience most politicians care about;

1 Getting elected/re-elected

2 Getting a more powerful role

3 Furthering their own/their friends interests/ideologies

The "will of the people" is just a handy soundbite they can use when required.

Having said that, I think that there's a debate to had since the referendum question did not say do you want to leave the EU at any cost.

Unless the govt. win the appeal, surely there will have to be an early general election. (if that can happen)

Agree with almost all you say, however how many questions do you want on a ballot paper?  The ballot paper could end up running into 4 pages long.

The Mighty Thor

I'll do the jokes

The landscape has changed mate.

Labour are a busted flush. An anachronism of a bygone age.

They'll never govern Scotland again and therefore they'll never get a UK wide mandate.

They could elect Ghandi leader and still get their arses handed to them in little Englandshire.

Buckle up cos the party of division and inequality is in for the long haul.

Seymour M Hersh

And so it begins.

What you say is true but the Judges are guilty as well. Where were there legal outcries over the last 43 years when the prerogative was being freely used to transfer powers to the EU. 

Daydream Believer

Agree with almost all you say, however how many questions do you want on a ballot paper?  The ballot paper could end up running into 4 pages long.

Yeah, it was a bit of a catch 22 because the people campaigning to leave were not the ones that would be agreeing a deal so it was impossible for them to actually say what was being offered. On that basis it's probably fair to say that most of the people who wanted to leave knew that they were taking the chance they wouldn't get what they wanted but still chose to go ahead with their vote and let the chips fall where they may. On the other hand, of the 52% who voted to leave, some of them are sure to be unhappy with what they end up getting over e.g. hard/soft Brexit which may take that figure to a minority. 

It's not unreasonable to assume that some of the leave voters would have chosen 1 hard Brexit, 2 Remain, 3 Soft Brexit, so if a soft Brexit was the ultimate outcome, they ended up with their third choice when they would actually have preferred to remain.

I don't think it's outrageous to have a 2nd ref (rules permitting) after a deal was agreed. Then people know what they are actually voting for and if it's still leave, then at least there's no argument about it. The people saying that the will of the people must be respected are the same ones saying they don't want to offer them a vote on the final deal. 

The Mighty Thor

And so it begins.

For me the problem arose from that slippery fecker 'call me Dave's who only agreed to the referendum to shut up the Euro-sceptics in his own party, never for a minute thinking it would go against him.

Therefore his government never sought the proper legal process in the passing of the act to have the referendum in the first place.

We should get on with it. It'll be the final nail in the coffin of the UK and then we can all move on.

Space Mackerel

I'll do the jokes

Westminster, or should I say England have returned right of centre party's since 1979, I would saying it's lurching further to the right year by year.

Yeah, it was a bit of a catch 22 because the people campaigning to leave were not the ones that would be agreeing a deal so it was impossible for them to actually say what was being offered. On that basis it's probably fair to say that most of the people who wanted to leave knew that they were taking the chance they wouldn't get what they wanted but still chose to go ahead with their vote and let the chips fall where they may. On the other hand, of the 52% who voted to leave, some of them are sure to be unhappy with what they end up getting over e.g. hard/soft Brexit which may take that figure to a minority. 

It's not unreasonable to assume that some of the leave voters would have chosen 1 hard Brexit, 2 Remain, 3 Soft Brexit, so if a soft Brexit was the ultimate outcome, they ended up with their third choice when they would actually have preferred to remain.

I don't think it's outrageous to have a 2nd ref (rules permitting) after a deal was agreed. Then people know what they are actually voting for and if it's still leave, then at least there's no argument about it. The people saying that the will of the people must be respected are the same ones saying they don't want to offer them a vote on the final deal. 

Agreed, no matter what form of Brexit, X % of the 52% will not like it, simple truth is, you can't please everybody all the time.

Seymour M Hersh

Westminster, or should I say England have returned right of centre party's since 1979, I would saying it's lurching further to the right year by year.

And I would say you are edging closer to a sectioning day by day.

Note the clearest statement by the Government so far was on last week's Andrew Marr tv show. Greg Clark Business Secretary said they want tariff free access to the single market.

Rudi-Robertson

And so it begins.

The judges are just as guilty as the politicians. They are guilty of aiding and abetting

Space Mackerel

And I would say you are edging closer to a sectioning day by day.

The first sign of madness is thinking everyone else is mad

Space Mackerel

For me the problem arose from that slippery fecker 'call me Dave's who only agreed to the referendum to shut up the Euro-sceptics in his own party, never for a minute thinking it would go against him.

Therefore his government never sought the proper legal process in the passing of the act to have the referendum in the first place.

We should get on with it. It'll be the final nail in the coffin of the UK and then we can all move on.

47f45cb71fd859c6ce533bc2bc145b63.jpg

Space Mackerel

Note the clearest statement by the Government so far was on last week's Andrew Marr tv show. Greg Clark Business Secretary said they want tariff free access to the single market.

We will end up with the Norway model in the end if it does actually go ahead.

What a utter waste of time and money.

If you have a second referendum you risk the UK negotiating a decent deal, but having a NO vote and going back to square 1.

Hilarious and all because our politicians, press and campaigners on all sides weren't prepared to tell the voters the full truth on what the legal process should be.

I doubt there will be a second referendum and Labour MPs will vote with their constituents or face total destruction.

Interesting times, with no EU to keep our charlatans in check.

Racist incidents rose during the yes / no referendum.

It didnt specify but its widely believed that the english were the victims.

I dont think with scotlands history we can claim to be better than anyone else.

Rise in 'white British' racism incidents in Scotland - BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-34911619

I could link more but theres no point.

Remind me what year our referendum was please ?

British whites.

So racist incidents rose during the referendum did they. The only ones I saw or heard about were those perpetrated by Unionists, often on females like at George square. I doubt many of the girls there were victims of anti -English hate crime. No doubt you will be able to produce evidence to show the Yes side were involved in similar. 

In any case had you read the link you posted you would know that the level of hate crime was the third lowest in the last 10 years in Scotland. Such crimes on white British rose 3.9 % on the previous year which might be nothing more than a dead cat bounce but even if there were anti-English crimes it would not suggest they were common or widespread especially as much if not all of the increase would have come from these previously mentioned.

It's "widely believed" you say that this 3.9% increase in racial abuse coming after a significant drop in such incidents, of white British is in fact exclusively English victims. I can only imagine they got that highly nuanced understanding of statistics and social trends from the Daily Mail, Express etc. Like SM many of my family are English living here and they have no experience of it. Perhaps they should buy the DM to see what they are missing.

Your claims do not match the  statistics I have found. There are more hate crimes in E+W than S and the figures are diverging. http://www.crownoffice.gov.uk/images/HateCrimeinScotland2014-15.pdf and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34515763

What is widely believed is that we are less racist as can be here. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu-diplomats-praise-scotland-as-haven-in-wake-of-brexit-hqn659r2x

Pointing this out does not make me or anybody else racist btw.

Space Mackerel

So racist incidents rose during the referendum did they. The only ones I saw or heard about were those perpetrated by Unionists, often on females like at George square. I doubt many of the girls there were victims of anti -English hate crime. No doubt you will be able to produce evidence to show the Yes side were involved in similar. 

In any case had you read the link you posted you would know that the level of hate crime was the third lowest in the last 10 years in Scotland. Such crimes on white British rose 3.9 % on the previous year which might be nothing more than a dead cat bounce but even if there were anti-English crimes it would not suggest they were common or widespread especially as much if not all of the increase would have come from these previously mentioned.

It's "widely believed" you say that this 3.9% increase in racial abuse coming after a significant drop in such incidents, of white British is in fact exclusively English victims. I can only imagine they got that highly nuanced understanding of statistics and social trends from the Daily Mail, Express etc. Like SM many of my family are English living here and they have no experience of it. Perhaps they should buy the DM to see what they are missing.

Your claims do not match the  statistics I have found. There are more hate crimes in E+W than S and the figures are diverging. http://www.crownoffice.gov.uk/images/HateCrimeinScotland2014-15.pdf and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34515763

What is widely believed is that we are less racist as can be here. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu-diplomats-praise-scotland-as-haven-in-wake-of-brexit-hqn659r2x

I think wee jakey is sleeping it off today :lol:

So racist incidents rose during the referendum did they. The only ones I saw or heard about were those perpetrated by Unionists, often on females like at George square. I doubt many of the girls there were victims of anti -English hate crime. No doubt you will be able to produce evidence to show the Yes side were involved in similar.

It's "widely believed" you say that this 3.9% increase in racial abuse coming after a significant drop in such incidents, of white British is in fact exclusively English victims. I can only imagine they got that highly nuanced understanding of statistics and social trends from the Daily Mail, Express etc. Like SM many of my family are English living here and they have no experience of it. Perhaps they should buy the DM to see what they are missing.

Your claims do not match the statistics I have found. There are more hate crimes in E+W than S and the figures are diverging. http://www.crownoffice.gov.uk/images/HateCrimeinScotland2014-15.pdf and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34515763

I actually said in my post that the numbers were miniscule.

And i can provide links which although cannot ascertain they were english it was believed they were.

Im sure you realise my response was to the meme man makeral.

He alludes to the english being more racist and pointed to the rise in these types of crimez because of brexit.

He calls them little englanders and generalises about them.

I merely pointed out that the same happened in scotland and we are definitely not a nation of angels.

But you have leapt in because your nationalist pride was hurt.

Just because i voted for independence doesnt mean i have to talk shit.

Makeral take note.

Archived