His style is boring.

Too defensive.

I'd like him to leave.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FarmerTweedy

I'm still 100% behind Neilson.

Those wanting to sack him are very short term thinkers. It'll cost us money, it'll destabilise our recovering setup, it'll send the wrong message (3rd after being promoted not good enough?!), it'll make us less likely to win any Europa League qualifiers as a new manager would need time to settle.

Just stand back, and look at the overall picture. What's happened, how the club recovered, how behind the scenes is being run now. Sacking a manager would not be a good thing right now.

You forgot to mention the fact that we're actually doing pretty well based on any rational consideration of relative budgets, recent history, etc, as reasons for not sacking him.

Edit: Posted that before I'd read your last paragraph properly!

FarmerTweedy

Why are people still going on about last season or the seasond before it. We are where we are now and have a squad easily capable of more. It is what's happening now that is worrying many of us. It's just not good enough.

Because anyone with any reasonable intellect can understand that they're still relevant.

The Future's Maroon

This is just a "phoodle love in thread".

I though the Evening News /comments/forum thing/pages were bad for idiots....

GarryJ-o-s

I think Neilson exceeded greatly expectations last year, and met them this year. Similar to Souttar, he's inexperienced and I'll happily allow him to make mistakes now; if he doesn't learn from them is the test. I'm in no urge to replace him soon.

There's not many (any?) names that we could expect to do better right away with our current squad. Least of all Hartley who, with arguably the third best attack force in the league, has only guided his team to eighth at present.

I thought Robbo and Jon Daly's interviews on Wednesday were class and allowed people with doubts in the club's philosophy to see what we're aiming for. It undoubtably takes time to get our youth system back where it could be after such neglect over the Romanov years; six or seven years, I reckon.

I do agree that the 'second season out of administration' excuse has been rolled out for the wrong reasons mainly. We shouldn't accept an under-performing team because of our proximity to administration. But we aren't; we are where we should be with our current squad and budget. We are behind Celtic and Aberdeen in my opinion; Rogic, Commons, Griffiths and Bitton, as well as Hayes, McGinn, Rooney and Shinnie are, for me, better that anyone we have outside Djoum and Walker.

Personally, I think we are in the right hands right now, and I share the vision of Craig Levein over the next five years.

davidkeye

Think Robbie is very safe. It would take the crowds to drop for people high up at the club to take a bit of notice.

alwaysthereinspirit

Drama queens should have to state their age at the end of their post.

Will make it easier for the rest of us to say go "get up stairs, clean your teeth and get to bed"

It should have been ten

The way you say it is as if it's forever.

There's definitely an element of the support who think he's untouchable.

There's been far better managers of Hearts than him who have lost their jobs.

Oh totally! Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's the best manager we've ever had, just don't see him being removed from his position under this regime anytime soon.

So who would replace him ? And what would be the expectation of success under the manager ?

Maple Leaf

We should have got a point today.  The reason we didn't was because of two defensive howlers by professional footballers.

Today's loss was not because of Neilson.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We should have got a point today. The reason we didn't was because of two defensive howlers by professional footballers.

Today's loss was not because of Neilson.

Er, we could have been staring at a defeat of cup tie proportions at the end of the first half.

Riddley Walker

Turned over by a struggling team which we couldn't raise a hard on against at home.

Let a complete struggling huddy score against us at the same time.

Typical of Hearts of late.

Not got the the attitude, outlook or downright selfishness to go out and show these c u next Tuesday's for what they are.

Aye, Hearts fans are annoyed. Too nicey nicey.

A struggling team? We're struggling more than they are and they are the best team in the league by a distance. It was a nothing game for us and we got outdone by some stupid defensive errors.

Weird that people expect our players to be better than they are. We've finished 3rd, the rest of the season is a procession, like it or not, that's what happens when there's nothing to play for.

Our away form has been hopeless next year and it is Neilson's ultimate responsibility but you can only piss with the dong you've got. In our case, our dong is the 3rd best in Scotland and our results have shown that.

So many crybabies.

John mcCartney

i can think of 3 decent inc one exceptional performance this season out of 40 odd

Think Robbie is very safe. It would take the crowds to drop for people high up at the club to take a bit of notice.

lets see what the remaining two games at home tally up,im sure Ann will have food for thought

the stone rose

More and more of a struggle to look at kickback these days. Disappointed with result yesterday, but reaction on here has been incredible recently. Expectations are ridiculous now. 

Joe Hearts

They had a central defensive partnership of Sviachenko who has struggled all season with some kind of leg muscle strain and the bomb scare that is Effin Ambrose.

Instead of being put under pressure they were aloud to saunter through the game enjoying the sunshine. I would think it's the easiest game they've had this season.

We shouldn't accept an under-performing team because of our proximity to administration. But we aren't; we are where we should be with our current squad and budget. We are behind Celtic and Aberdeen in my opinion; Rogic, Commons, Griffiths and Bitton, as well as Hayes, McGinn, Rooney and Shinnie are, for me, better that anyone we have outside Djoum and Walker.

This is the issue. Neilson has made mistakes, but the bottom line is Celtic and Aberdeen both have a better squad than us. The table doesn't lie, as they say.

Until we have the Academy fully working again, we need to rely on scouts unearthing gems like Sow and Djoum. That's a tough ask. We all had high hopes for Juanma but I think he's become a liability.

To progress next season are crying out for a forward that will compare with Griffiths and Rooney.

Neilson has made mistakes, he's exasperated me as much as anyone over the season, but has still overachieved. He deserves another pre season and next season. I'll draw my conclusions this time next year.

Rudi's Left Peg

The way you say it is as if it's forever.

There's definitely an element of the support who think he's untouchable.

There's been far better managers of Hearts than him who have lost their jobs.

Who would they be?

Gordon Ramsay

We've got everything in place now to push on to the next level.

The behind the scenes part of the club if you like seems to be the most stable its been since I've been alive.

This is our chance to push on and really make a fist of it at the top of the league.

However, for me, there are huge question marks over Robbie and his ability to do this. His record against Hibs and Celtic is woeful. Rangers isnt too bad but they outplayed us for long spells last season and they're a much better side now.

He changes formation like the wind and still doesnt know our strongest 11, the seasons finished for god sake.

I've witnessed some mind-numbingly poor football from Hearts this season. Even the games we've won, more often than not it isnt pretty.

He's been given next season as we've finished 3rd, fair enough but more of the turgid pish I've seen this season will have more and more supporters turn on him.

We need a formation, a plan, a style and a strongest 11 because at the moment we look pretty clueless.

Merely a frontman for Levein . Our formations and negativity stink of Craig what a let down

Not as much as you reek of hibs

Gordon Ramsay

The behind the scenes part of the club if you like seems to be the most stable its been since I've been alive.

This is our chance to push on and really make a fist of it at the top of the league.

However, for me, there are huge question marks over Robbie and his ability to do this. His record against Hibs and Celtic is woeful. Rangers isnt too bad but they outplayed us for long spells last season and they're a much better side now.

He changes formation like the wind and still doesnt know our strongest 11, the seasons finished for god sake.

I've witnessed some mind-numbingly poor football from Hearts this season. Even the games we've won, more often than not it isnt pretty.

He's been given next season as we've finished 3rd, fair enough but more of the turgid pish I've seen this season will have more and more supporters turn on him.

We need a formation, a plan, a style and a strongest 11 because at the moment we look pretty clueless. These are the basics and the minimum I expect from him as the manager.

Son Of Anarchy

Love how we suddenly have a god given right to be first or second these days since third isn't good enough. Third ffs, in our first season back :lol: He's not going anywhere so deal with it. The guy deserves next season and fingers crossed he learns and changes a few things with a better squad. If he does you never know, you may like it. If he doesn't then its new manager time.

Love how we suddenly have a god given right to be first or second these days since third isn't good enough. Third ffs.

Tell me who has said that?

cosanostra

We need a formation, a plan, a style and a strongest 11 because at the moment we look pretty clueless.

Not sure that we do have everything in place.

Robbie has shown little ambition or fight in bigger games and looked unconvincing against the vermin. There are huge question marks over him. He may have taken us as far as he can.

His recruitment has been highly inconsistent. 

Guys like El Hass, Augustyn, Oshaniwa, Reilly, Cowie, Juanma and Dauda have all been useless, inconsistent or ineffective.

He did find Igor, Perry, Sow, Souttar and Djoum so he has found some gems.

It's just that he seems to sign more of the first lot than the second.

If we're to challenge, I'd say that we'd need about 4 or 5 players at least who are currently better than what we have and are fit and ready to hit the ground running. Given Robbie's record of signings, I just don't see that happening unfortunately.

If we don't start well next season, the fans will turn against him as he's rapidly burning through the good will that he has built up last season.

GforGallo

Dundee Utd and St Johnstone apparently.

Rangers and Hibs in the Championship, also.

Dundee Utd I could believe, but I'm not sure about St Johnstone.

I can also believe Hibs and rangers, but the quoted post said 5th highest in the league.

Gordon Ramsay

Not sure that we do have everything in place.

Robbie has shown little ambition or fight in bigger games and looked unconvincing against the vermin. There are huge question marks over him. He may have taken us as far as he can.

His recruitment has been highly inconsistent.

Guys like El Hass, Augustyn, Oshaniwa, Reilly, Cowie, Juanma and Dauda have all been useless, inconsistent or ineffective.

He did find Igor, Perry, Sow, Souttar and Djoum so he has found some gems.

It's just that he seems to sign more of the first lot than the second.

If we're to challenge, I'd say that we'd need about 4 or 5 players at least who are currently better than what we have and are fit and ready to hit the ground running. Given Robbie's record of signings, I just don't see that happening unfortunately.

If we don't start well next season, the fans will turn against him as he's rapidly burning through the good will that he has built up last season.

I would add that his recruitment hasnt been great either.

Massive question marks over his ability to take us forward.

Son Of Anarchy

Tell me who has said that?

Yeh, hold on til I go through all this thread just for you to bitch more lewis :lol: on this and others I've read "we should be challenging" "third is just ok" "mediocre season". We haven't challenged too often in my 40 years or have I missed something?

And he's not praying

Dundee Utd I could believe, but I'm not sure about St Johnstone.

I can also believe Hibs and rangers, but the quoted post said 5th highest in the league.

Just what's been said on here. I'm sure the Dundee Utd chairman stated earlier in the season they had the 3rd highest playing budget in the league.

No idea if St Johnstone have or not, tbh.

So let's say he has the 4th highest budget in the league and the 6th highest in Scotland.

Clearly we should be winning the league.

Yeh, hold on til I go through all this thread just for you to bitch more lewis :lol: on this and others I've read "we should be challenging" "third is just ok" "mediocre season". We haven't challenged too often in my 40 years or have I missed something?

Aw, so you're just saying stuff that no one has actually said, again? Cool.

We've finished third but there's concerns and negative patterns emerging, is it okay for people capable of discussion to discuss these things? or is it we finished third, great everybody should be happy and nothing more is to be said.

FFS Paranoia or what?

This place is unbelievable, jokes are not allowed anymore, lighten the **** up

Son Of Anarchy

Aw, so you're just saying stuff that no one has actually said, again? Cool.

:rofl: sure lewis sure ;)

The Comedian

:rofl: sure lewis sure ;)

How about answering him then?

Fact is a growing number of supporters are starting to question Neilson and to an extent the structure we have in place. These threads aren't helped by buffoons making them out to be maniacs who demand 1st place and Barca style football all season. It's tiresome pish and has been challenged numerous times with no example to back it up. 

Bazzas right boot

Some threads are funny, everyone is quite correct, but arguments break out and there is no agreement.

3rd is a good and reasonable finish the the season.

The cup result was poor

We have been negative sometimes, particularly away from home

We have also played well in some games.

Sometimes tactics are confusing, and changes made that the supporters can question on what has been seen .

Some good signings

Some poor signings.

In summary, given our budget, we done well.

However next season, we expect a bigger budget, better players and in turn more consistent performances and therefor results.

If not then we will likely be going backwards, we can then discuss management changes then.

Seymour M Hersh

His tactics are depressing.

His style is boring.

Too defensive.

I'd like him to leave.

And the automatic, obvious shoe in replacement with great tactics, incredible style and totally attacking would be?

cosanostra

In summary, given our budget, we done well.

However next season, we expect a bigger budget, better players and in turn more consistent performances and therefor results.

If not then we will likely be going backwards, we can then discuss management changes then.

Sensible comments and I'd guess most Hearts fans are firmly in this camp.

You'll always get idiots who lurch to the extremes but I'd imagine most are sensible enough to see the bigger picture.

Son Of Anarchy

How about answering him then?

Fact is a growing number of supporters are starting to question Neilson and to an extent the structure we have in place. These threads aren't helped by buffoons making them out to be maniacs who demand 1st place and Barca style football all season. Tiresome pish.

Ok. Firstly I've not made anything up. Secondly yes there is some discontent. Rightly so to some degree but not from me. I wanted top 6, got top 3. I'm happy for 3rd this season. Also happy for Robbie to get another season as I don't fancy Crawford or Daly to do better. Anything else?

portobellojambo1

Love how we suddenly have a god given right to be first or second these days since third isn't good enough. Third ffs, in our first season back :lol: He's not going anywhere so deal with it. The guy deserves next season and fingers crossed he learns and changes a few things with a better squad. If he does you never know, you may like it. If he doesn't then its new manager time.

While, for my sins, years back I did tend to sit on the PC for too long and go through all the threads it isn't something I do now, but in the threads I do go through I've never actually read anything from anyone that says they are disappointed that we finished third in the league. I have read a lot from people who have said something I think is understandable following our step up from the Championship. My hopes at the start of the season were that we would still be in this division when it came to an end, and those thoughts came about as, despite only being out of the division for one season, I genuinely thought that in the top league we were going to be up against teams who were way ahead of the Championship teams we had been playing in terms of quality. It very quickly became apparent that the quality in the top league was nowhere near the level I had in my head. I also do not recall anyone saying we had or have a God given right to finish in position 1 or 2. There have been a lot of people who have suggested that this season, given the manner in which we have approached a number of games and given the quality of the other sides, we may well have had an opportunity to finish in a higher position, because the vast majority of the points we have thrown away have not been against Celtic and Aberdeen, they have been against sides we are better than. You may be happy with the way we have approached every game we have played this season, but many aren't and they have expressed opinion that if we had we had an opportunity to do better. Just as examples I'll ask you a question. In the league game against Kilmarnock at Tynecastle on 3 October we were controlling the game and went in front. Although we were still in front it was clear to everyone there that we had decided 1-0 was enough and took our foot off the gas. Kilmarnock then equalised with about 10 minutes to go and quite honestly they then controlled the last 10 minutes and could have won that match after we had been in control of it. To me, I'd have looked at that as part of this learning process we keep hearing about, and the learning would be that once in front push on for more, do not sit on what you have. Would you then think it is/was acceptable to adopt the exact same approach when Dundee visited Tynecastle on 21 November, we got in front, took our foot off the gas again and allowed them into the game with a further loss of points. To me that shows that absolutely nothing had been learned from the first time we tried it. The basic thought of a number is that although there is no God given right to finish either 1st or 2nd there was an opportunity of doing so this season, and it wasn't taken.

frankblack

The calls for the manager's head are ridiculous.

We are still rebuilding the team, and its clear that we need to make player changes to strengthen in at least 4 positions.  This is going to have to be done within our budgets, and people must realise we aren't going to throw cash around like in the Romanov era.

Generic Username

Sensible comments and I'd guess most Hearts fans are firmly in this camp.

You'll always get idiots who lurch to the extremes but I'd imagine most are sensible enough to see the bigger picture.

Indeed. I've already said it earlier in the thread, God damn you repetition, however he'll be rightly judged by those in power next season off the back of this season.

There will have to be better, more consistent league performances.

There will have to be a more sustained run at a cup/cups.

There will have to be a marked improvement in our placing relative to those above us should we finish outside the top two.

He's exceeded the clubs own objectives this season, it'll be a much harder task next season and that's something mentally all of us should prepare for.

Bazzas right boot

One  thing I would mention, is that attacking set pieces are horrible.

What are we doing with  them, this must lie at the managers and coaches door.

I don't mean corners not beating the first man, I mean our pre planned stuff, that seems to end  up with us defending, short corners, short free kicks, etc:

It's not great and is a poor reflection on training.

The Comedian

Ok. Firstly I've not made anything up. Secondly yes there is some discontent. Rightly so to some degree but not from me. I wanted top 6, got top 3. I'm happy for 3rd this season. Also happy for Robbie to get another season as I don't fancy Crawford or Daly to do better. Anything else?

So you still can't give an example of someone saying we have a god given right to 1st or 2nd.

:gocompare:

Why don't you admit you're slavering shite and put the reversing lights on?

Bazzas right boot

While, for my sins, years back I did tend to sit on the PC for too long and go through all the threads it isn't something I do now, but in the threads I do go through I've never actually read anything from anyone that says they are disappointed that we finished third in the league. I have read a lot from people who have said something I think is understandable following our step up from the Championship. My hopes at the start of the season were that we would still be in this division when it came to an end, and those thoughts came about as, despite only being out of the division for one season, I genuinely thought that in the top league we were going to be up against teams who were way ahead of the Championship teams we had been playing in terms of quality. It very quickly became apparent that the quality in the top league was nowhere near the level I had in my head. I also do not recall anyone saying we had or have a God given right to finish in position 1 or 2. There have been a lot of people who have suggested that this season, given the manner in which we have approached a number of games and given the quality of the other sides, we may well have had an opportunity to finish in a higher position, because the vast majority of the points we have thrown away have not been against Celtic and Aberdeen, they have been against sides we are better than. You may be happy with the way we have approached every game we have played this season, but many aren't and they have expressed opinion that if we had we had an opportunity to do better. Just as examples I'll ask you a question. In the league game against Kilmarnock at Tynecastle on 3 October we were controlling the game and went in front. Although we were still in front it was clear to everyone there that we had decided 1-0 was enough and took our foot off the gas. Kilmarnock then equalised with about 10 minutes to go and quite honestly they then controlled the last 10 minutes and could have won that match after we had been in control of it. To me, I'd have looked at that as part of this learning process we keep hearing about, and the learning would be that once in front push on for more, do not sit on what you have. Would you then think it is/was acceptable to adopt the exact same approach when Dundee visited Tynecastle on 21 November, we got in front, took our foot off the gas again and allowed them into the game with a further loss of points. To me that shows that absolutely nothing had been learned from the first time we tried it. The basic thought of a number is that although there is no God given right to finish either 1st or 2nd there was an opportunity of doing so this season, and it wasn't taken.

For me nail on head, It's the manner of the dropped points rather than the actual dropped points.

We seem to change things, when things are going well, be that in mid game or the week after

The Killie/ Dundee at home, the Stj ohnstone game at home ( all the changes from a good 1-0 win, previous week) along with the red cards at Hamilton( x2) and Utd,all indicate  opportunity was lost. We won't win every game but to drop points imo, because of tactical changes rather than the opposition playing well, must be worked on and improve next year.

3rd is good, next season is crunch time, we must improve our approach to and in certain games.

Absolutely spot on.

No one expects 1st or 2nd certainly it was never even dreamt of before the season started, however it became clear very early in that the hoped top 6 finish everyone spoke about could be achieved easily and we had the chance to push for higher. After seeing how terrible Celtic are (probably the worst Celtic team in 15+ years) it was clear that a challenge was possible.

IMO this season will be the last chance we or anyone will have of toppling Celtic. It's guaranteed they will spend big and bring in the big guns for next season so as to outdo their other Arse cheek, and as much as people may laugh at Rangers and call them out for not spending I'm fairly sure they will manage a few big signings in the summer. Money will be found from somewhere, only have to look at their season ticket sales etc compared to any other team, they will always be able to out muscle every other team financially (Celtic excepted)

I didn't want RN sacked, I would love it if he turned things around, but I don't see that happening, people's confidence in RN is dwindling as is his credibility and goodwill he built up. People quite rightly can question him or have their feelings without being called the usual names on here.

jambopilms

I think the young crew and the plane phoodle tits have just realised kickback is a place to pedal their shit because it's not welcome at Tynecastle. Can we not just ignore them now we are giving the air time they crave. Or even better Mods can we not punt them as kickback is no longer the place for reasoned hearts chat.

Hawick Jambo

I still maintain we need more of an attacking threat and need to sign a couple of decent goal scoring forwards.

I think the bulk of the team is fine, but think we miss Sow and desperately need to sign a forward line that worries opposition teams.

I suspect those in charge are as acutely aware of this as we are and that steps will be taking place to resolve things.

And the automatic, obvious shoe in replacement with great tactics, incredible style and totally attacking would be?

Honestly I've no idea.

Can't help but feel disappointed with this season, not enjoyed watching us, my St has hardly been used since the turn of the year. I've gone to more away games, and we are horrific to watch.

3rd is ok, but it's more about the style of play for me. he's actually made me consider not renewing.

Imagine the meltdown if we had been in Aberdeen's position!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maroonlegions

People are forgetting that performances can be influenced by the tactics of the  team you are playing , that on their day a team is just as good as a team with better players if that teams attitude,work rate and  application is good. Most teams in this league are capable of beating each other on their day. We do not have a squad of super stars as do other teams but there is no substitute  for effort , work rate and sheer determination which was evident in the cup win over the sheep at Tynie. We need a couple of grafters in, we need to get any new signings right for next season.  FTH...

I'm still 100% behind Neilson.

Those wanting to sack him are very short term thinkers. It'll cost us money, it'll destabilise our recovering setup, it'll send the wrong message (3rd after being promoted not good enough?!), it'll make us less likely to win any Europa League qualifiers as a new manager would need time to settle.

Just stand back, and look at the overall picture. What's happened, how the club recovered, how behind the scenes is being run now. Sacking a manager would not be a good thing right now.

Not in the Out Camp, but as much as I hate to admit it, I'm closer now than I was before.

Unless there is a significant change in how we approach what most us regard as the Big matches, then Robbie's days may well be numbered.

Robbie has to evolve as a Coach. If he can't do this then I doubt very much that we are likely to sustain the progress we have made since Admin.

Next season may well be make or break for him imo.

Sigh.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nelly Terraces

Very quickly. 2 things.

1. Robbie is a top bloke, has done us proud as a player & manager down the years & works his bloody socks off for the club.

2. But - he needs to completely change our overall style of football.

Taking an age to turn defence into attack, keeping a midfield so separated from the frontline they'd need a taxi to get up in support, and sitting off opposition teams admiring them knocking the ball about, just won't work I'm afraid. We need more pace & running at the oppo & closing them down when they have the ball.

Son Of Anarchy

I'm far from happy at every game and the points dropped. I just don't long to come on here and bitch about it. I've explained what I'm happy with and that's third place and Europe and will be even more happy with hopefully better players with more experience next season coming in due to finishing third.That coupled with a change from Robbie due to better players should see less points dropped against lower teams. Hasn't that always been the way though? Haven't we always dropped points like that? Haven't we regularly lost cup games to teams we were expected to win against? I'd like to see improvement for sure and I think we will next season. Fair enough the "god given right" was my perception of the other things that were said but to me its ridiculous to demand for the head of a young coach that's got us here in two seasons.

Archived