Nielson must go!

Fenerjambo

His name is

At the start of the season we would have all taken 3Rd

In hindsight we should have done better performance wise.

Robbie gets a free pass this year.

If things don't start well next year, does Queen Ann have the guts to make a change?

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the game at Parkhead I thought we did really well early on, we were competing well with them in midfield and the bonus was that the midfielders had outlets for the ball as we had more than one person playing in forward positions. Jamie Walker scored a peach of a goal after only 5 minutes and the team looked comfortable. For around maybe 20 minutes we continued to match them comfortably, but gradually you could see we were starting to sit off them, let them play, and we were punished. The same happened again today, don't get me wrong I would never dispute that mistakes by Ozturk and Souttar played a large part in the loss of goals 2 and 3 today. My contention today would be why after equalising did we allow them to take more control of the midfield and the game as a result instead of looking to punish them having established that by attacking them they had no answer. If we had continued to play as we had for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half the defensive mistakes might never have come about.

I know we have a 5 year plan in place, but to me that plan revolves around the period which we know for certain Ann Budge will be overseeing the club. Football wise, and that side of the overall business the 5 year plan to me doesn't mean that everyone presently at the club is guaranteed a job for the full five year period. We are also informed, on here mainly, that for the manager this is a 5 year learning process, something I would disagree with. The strategy has to be that if you appoint someone and the feeling is that they have possibly taken things as far as they can then consideration has to be given to a possible replacement. I am fully aware the business in general is in a much better position now than it was when we headed to Ibrox on 10 August 2014 in the Championship. As part of the business I do think it is acceptable to question if in terms of the football side has the manager appointed possibly taken us as far as he can, is he learning and if so what are the expectations time wise for that learning. For me, the first and most major part of the overall learning process for this season took place at Dens Park on 8 August 2015, a game we eventually won 2-1, and for 45 minutes looked excellent. Prior to that game the chat was all about how the team would be lined up to counter some nondescript called Rory Loy, someone who (i) isn't even worth thinking about and (ii) didn't play that day. For the opening 45 minutes we were set up chronically, with players being played out of position in a defence based line up. We struggled and only went in 1-0 down due to the severe limitations of the home side while we looked lost. We subsequently were informed that a meeting took place at half time, which involved senior players, we came out in the second half having switched to 4-4-2, playing on the front foot and played really well. A learning plan should probably involve noting down what went wrong in games and not repeating those mistakes, and following that game the information held on file should have said, play players in their correct positions, play on the offensive and don't worry about any players in the opposition side. It is a great way of making sure that mistakes aren't repeated. But now, we need to get brutally honest, and I do so without even considering the fixtures versus Aberdeen and Celtic. At various points throughout the season we adopted caution, worried about the opposition rather than lauding our own attacking strengths, we changed personnel for no real clear reason and changed the tactics negatively. In terms of a learning curve such actions to me didn't provide any evidence to me of progression. The vast majority of sides we have thrown points away against are quite frankly sides we should have been pissing all over, and not doing so hasn't been down to limitations in our players but the way they had been asked to approach those games. Going to watch Hearts play sides we should have been expecting to beat but finding on turning up that we are lining up defensively with only one player up front has been hugely frustrating, just as going in front in games at Tynecastle and then trying, unsuccessfully, to close those games out rather than look for more goals has been equally frustrating.

While I do feel that the severe limitations of the quality of all the sides in the league did actually offer us a chance to do much better in the league (and I would go as far as winning it if the right approach had been taken in all games) I am willing to accept it was a hope rather than an expectation. Going forward to next season Celtic will be a better side, for one reason only, Rangers are back in the league, their (Celtic) fans will not accept 2nd best and whoever is appointed manager will spend to try and maintain top spot. Whether we like it or not Rangers will also be near the top of the league, Aberdeen will not be far away and if that pile of shit from Leith do come up that is another 4 games that we are likely to move away from how we play best to try and counter the way they play. Progression, if winning the league is not seen as a possibility by some fans until we reach year 5, then presumably has to be playing in a way that we can reduce the points gap between where we are now and the clubs above us. Questions have to be asked if, based on this season and the games we dropped points in and what caused us to drop those points, Robbie Neilson has taken us as far as he can. He has had almost a full season this year to develop the way we play best and establish the best 11 players to play that way, but hasn't. Has he learned enough from this season, can he correct it or is it understandable for some people to question him and ask if it is reasonable to consider a replacement.

Is it unreasonable TO QUESTION the D.o.F role in the way ALL OUR teams are set up to play?

Is Neilson guilty of trying to implement a club wide system not suited to the current squad?

I see (imo) players AND a manager who do not enjoy this system that seems to be forced upon them.

buzzbomb1958

Aye but hobos have got a 102 year plan we are really unlucky you fud we don't need the likes of you and before I swear go forth multiply prick

Name a manager who hasn't made a mess of some games. Name a manager who hasn't made mistakes. Name a manager who hasn't brought in the odd poor player. Name a hearts manager who hasn't been turned over by Celtic.

Young manager and still learning but he needs to be braver. Secondly, we need to look into working on attacking moves and general team play in attack. Juanma was shit but he had no service. If we don't create chances, we don't score goals and we didn't even get into positions to put in crosses!, it was awful going forward. The only time we create or score is from individual brilliance or from defensive mistakes. Today it was Dauda with a great solo goal and the only other clearcut opportunity was Djoum winning a long pass, brilliantly holding it up and playing a nice layoff to Walker who did well to get a shot away and on target under pressure. Apart from that, nothing, nada, bugger all and it has been the same story for weeks. We won't win or challenge for f-all until we start to play on the front foot and put opposition defences under pressure. Luckily for Robbie we've finished 3rd and that's acceptable but if we are going to really challenge for trophies we have got to do much much better in an attacking sense.

Good post.

Our movement of the ball is terrible just now.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Deary ******* me! Crayon munchers out in force, heard a couple of the phoodle crew on my walk back to the car (past that bar formerly known as Luckies) ranting and raving! I'm pretty sure after the Parkhead game the same posters were saying how positive it was playing 3-5-2 and that's how RN should set up, today they get what they want and we get beat, same score, same schoolboy errors from the players, now back to Robbie out!

Think I'll give Kickback a miss for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironically the crayon muchers would define you as a crayon muncher :)

FWIW I do think we should try and attack Celtic while we're playing at home, the problem today was that the players have lost their edge due to nothing to play for. It's obvious to fans who are reasonable. I do know a few decent people who have no patients with Neilson and will deny simple logic to themselves in order to justify their unhappiness. They all say the same thing in the end, our style of play is boring. Coincidence? I think not.

Captain Canada

I'm totally behind Neilson but he needs to start learning from his mistakes. Even just recently he has set up the team poorly against Aberdeen and Celtic and had to change things either in the first half or at half time. At home against any team our aim should be to impose our game on them, not look to nullify their threats and hope for the best.

Auld Reekin'

So we should just accept our lot in life and deal with it? We're just here to make up the numbers?

Sound.

Aye, that's exactly what I said right enough...    :rolleyes:     :welldone:

Name a manager who hasn't made a mess of some games. Name a manager who hasn't made mistakes. Name a manager who hasn't brought in the odd poor player. Name a hearts manager who hasn't been turned over by Celtic.

My report card for Robbie would say "must do better".

Robbie tactics and team selections can be spot on and yet they can also be way off the mark. We also as a team seem to be soft when a certain opposing player needs to be sorted out. So Robbie will start next season with a team that had better be much improved tactically or Hearts just might need to get another manager/coach in place. It's in Robbies hands i hope he is a success.

Get him TF.

Shitebag ****.  Those of us who actually go to away games have been saying it for months.

Utter shitebag.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

My report card for Robbie would say "must do better".

Robbie tactics and team selections can be spot on and yet they can also be way off the mark. We also as a team seem to be soft when a certain opposing player needs to be sorted out. So Robbie will start next season with a team that had better be much improved tactically or Hearts just might need to get another manager/coach in place. It's in Robbies hands i hope he is a success.

For me there are too many defeats where you feel like we never really had a go. There are too many defeats where you come away thinking that we always looked like getting beat.

Our league record in our first season in the SPL is decent, it's stupid for anyone to say otherwise. But much as I like Neilson, I'm concerned that he's not really growing as a coach

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Get him TF.

Shitebag ****.  Those of us who actually go to away games have been saying it for months.

Utter shitebag.

Are you not tempted (given his overall record) to see if he throws caution to the wind a bit more next season? He must know that there's quite a lot of grumbling about him and that a lot of supporters feel like he's not positive enough. I can't help feeling he'll take that on board over the summer and change to an extent.

Son Of Anarchy

Get him TF.

Shitebag ****. Those of us who actually go to away games have been saying it for months.

Utter shitebag.

You'd prefer Crawford etc?

Riddley Walker

The Terrace is really full of absolute spanglers these days.

Turned over at home by Celtic, who have much better players than us. What a surprise.

Everyone's disappointed when we lose, no need to lose your shite.

I'd say we have probably the 3rd best team in the SPL. Funnily enough, it's worked out that way.

Grown men crying because we lost at home to Celtic in a nothing game :lol:

Are you not tempted (given his overall record) to see if he throws caution to the wind a bit more next season? He must know that there's quite a lot of grumbling about him and that a lot of supporters feel like he's not positive enough. I can't help feeling he'll take that on board over the summer and change to an extent.

No.

You'd prefer Crawford etc?

I'd prefer anyone who doesn't shit his load whenever we play away from home of play someone half-decent at home.

Rudi's Left Peg

See the thing is, I know Fenerjambo and although I disagree with his comments, he's a massive Hearts fan so lay off the hibs stuff lads eh?

He'll be in for a shock when he finds the ardmillan pharmacy closed on bank holiday Monday when topping up his Kets.

Son Of Anarchy

No.

I'd prefer anyone who doesn't shit his load whenever we play away from home of play someone half-decent at home.

So which one is it,Crawford or Daly?

So which one is it,Crawford or Daly?

Who gives a ****?

As long as they have a ****ing go they'll get my support.

Son Of Anarchy

Who gives a ****?

Me. Its easy to shout for change until you actually think of the ramifications of that change.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

No.

GARY LOCKE M8.

Oh wait.

Son Of Anarchy

The promote from within is an ideal not a rigid certainty.

That we shall have to wait and see I guess.

gashauskis9

Smith wasn't exactly a stand out on Wednesday either, and McGhee has been on the bench (if not playing) most of not all season.

Thought Smith was miles off the pace on Wed, so not shocked he didn't feature today.

portobellojambo1

Is it unreasonable TO QUESTION the D.o.F role in the way ALL OUR teams are set up to play?

Is Neilson guilty of trying to implement a club wide system not suited to the current squad?

I see (imo) players AND a manager who do not enjoy this system that seems to be forced upon them.

I really didn't want to include Craig Levein in my post Gambo, I didn't want to post something which could be interpreted as me trying to insinuate some form of interference from above the manager, even by including some relatively simple words such as "I wonder what level of involvement Craig has in what is going on". I don't know what his level of involvement in everything is, my own thoughts would be that when Craig and Robbie came together both of them would be involved in the football strategy including the formation of the playing style that the club would adopt. I would be lying if I said it is possibly something that has been forced on Robbie and he just has to toe the line. Although linked to what we are viewing on the park week in week out it is a situation that we cannot really comment on openly and with confidence. All I would be tempted to say, now focusing on point three you make above is if Robbie isn't comfortable with what he may be doing on instruction from someone else why did he agree to take the position and why is he still there if he is not comfortable with what he is being asked to implement. I do think it is reasonably clear that the players aren't comfortable in those games where the attacking options are limited and the approach appears to be to try to not lose the games rather than simply going out to win them by playing how they play best.

Is it unreasonable to question the DoF, I don't think it is unreasonable but I don't know if he would give answers that would clear up the situation  The only man that could really answer your question about implementation is Robbie himself.

The Comedian

So here is the scenario - Robbie & Craig approach Ann Budge. Give us five years and we will be challenging for the league. Ann Budge - OK then

This is not a 5 year plan, it is a 5 year guaranteed wage for Levein & Neilson.

Yes it all sounded so good coming from where we were. The reality is they have been found out - how long will Ann Budge take to realise she has been had?

We are on the road to nowhere with these duds in charge.

Look at the league posted elsewhere and our record against celtic. Quite simply we are scared of them.

Heart of Midlothian? Where is the heart? not shown in the last 3 games where our character has been shown to be questionable.

I sincerely doubt we will win another point before the end of the season...........

We are just promoted.

We were in admin.

Five year plan.

Still learning.

I suspect in five years we might have wished we made a change a few years before. 

Le Chat's comments are probably a fair reflection of the views of our away support.

However, I do agree with your post. Robbie should be given next season to show what he can do. He has earned that with his achievements so far. But we need to dramatically improve, particularly away from home and in general against the OF/Hibs for those views to change.

He won't change his playing style next season. Neilson thinks he's a tactical genius.

I'd be very very surprised If levein is picking the formation and team. If he is, Neilson is a bigger shitebag than I thought.

Are we going to get a Neilson out thread every time we lose a game?

He's got plenty to learn, but there's absolutely no chance he's getting emptied after the two seasons he's had, so can we just get the guys who think he should be a mega thread they can resurrect every few weeks?

Merely a frontman for Levein . Our formations and negativity stink of Craig what a let down

This.

But it's not exactly a failure is it ?

What would have to happen next season for it to be classed as a failure ?

I'm totally behind Neilson but he needs to start learning from his mistakes. Even just recently he has set up the team poorly against Aberdeen and Celtic and had to change things either in the first half or at half time. At home against any team our aim should be to impose our game on them, not look to nullify their threats and hope for the best.

Top post..........structurally hmfc are in a good place due to Foh and Ann Budge, god bless her.   But everyone i spoke to today, in the two Hearts pubs i was in ryries and dickens said celtic would win.  Even though this is a second rate celts side, celtic were expected to win...............robbie is a very likable and genuine lad.  If he has to compete with Hibs or Aberdden next year, let alone the ugly sisters,  3-5 players are needed.  TGhis is robbies chance to prove he is a good manager as well as the good lad we know him to be..................

It's gonna be funny on here when we have a great season next year.

Could someone summarise the issues with Neilson please? This thread is far too long and filled with shite that's became cliche for the Neilson oot brigade so please a quick summary.

Neilson should go..............

afloat, on some big boat.........

Well go nowhere with that buffoon in charge

Spineless, gutless, inept, excuse for a manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

It's gonna be funny on here when we have a great season next year.

Could someone summarise the issues with Neilson please? This thread is far too long and filled with shite that's became cliche for the Neilson oot brigade so please a quick summary.

I haven't read the thread. But I do have a slight issue with Robbie's post match comments in which he seemed satisfied that today was evidence that we are getting closer to Celtic and there was some progesssion from our performance at Parkhead. I didn't see that at all.

I haven't read the thread. But I do have a slight issue with Robbie's post match comments in which he seemed satisfied that today was evidence that we are getting closer to Celtic and there was some progesssion from our performance at Parkhead. I didn't see that at all.

His comments seemed fair I thought. What he said about us over commiting and losing the shape was true, not to mention having to carry oshaniwa as he wandered round looking the furthest thing from a professional footballer I think I've ever seen and he is what I would say is Neilson's only clear mistake.

He also mentioned having a young team that will make mistakes and supporting them through it after today Souttar and Ozturk will become better from there mistake and not make it again. To be fair to them their 2nd and 3rd were the only time they've looked shaky since their partnership formed. Celtic pounce on mistakes like that and our youth punished us.

It's also true when he says we're not far away. I mean we're not close now but we're not miles away just a few additions to consolidate and improve certain areas of the team.

We did look on top after we scored and the mistake killed our chances and performance.

The Terrace is really full of absolute spanglers these days.

Turned over at home by Celtic, who have much better players than us. What a surprise.

Everyone's disappointed when we lose, no need to lose your shite.

I'd say we have probably the 3rd best team in the SPL. Funnily enough, it's worked out that way.

Grown men crying because we lost at home to Celtic in a nothing game :lol:

Turned over by a struggling team which we couldn't raise a hard on against at home.

Let a complete struggling huddy score against us at the same time.

Typical of Hearts of late.

Not got the the attitude, outlook or downright selfishness to go out and show these c u next Tuesday's for what they are.

Aye, Hearts fans are annoyed. Too nicey nicey.

Doctor FinnBarr

As I've said before I've never been a big fan of Robbie but whilst he's at the helm of our club I've supported him but some of his tactics/team selections/signings are baffling! Starting to think we might be better with a fresh head for next season. Sorry folks but I don't think Robbie (and CL) are the way forward.

The Future's Maroon

9/10/11 pages....

I used to like the banter on JKB, now its become joke. Come to think about it, its not just recently, its been going on for a couple of years now.

I don't know why, is it too many 'Champ Manager' experts or just general "experts"...or more trolls allowed in?

At the end of the day Robbie's staying. Get used to it folks!

The way you say it is as if it's forever.

There's definitely an element of the support who think he's untouchable.

There's been far better managers of Hearts than him who have lost their jobs.

It's worth remembering that a lot of Hearts supporters didn't like Robbie when he played for us, and irrespective of how he does as a manager/coach now they'll never, ever be able to let that go. It's quite sad but they'd probably prefer that Gary 'wave my hands in the air' Locke was back in charge.

Big Slim Stylee

As I've said before I've never been a big fan of Robbie but whilst he's at the helm of our club I've supported him but some of his tactics/team selections/signings are baffling! Starting to think we might be better with a fresh head for next season. Sorry folks but I don't think Robbie (and CL) are the way forward.

It's a fecking five year plan dontcha know?  By which point we'll be.....still 3rd!  Which is pretty much what we've aspired to for my whole life.  But seemingly that's ok:(

FarmerTweedy

We won't go down that route if Neilson gets sacked..

I would like to think we would go for Hartley.. In fact given the choice who would choose to keep Neilson rather than giving Hartley a chance?

Me, for starters. Neilson's done a good job so far. It would be utterly mental to bin him, not quite Burley departure mental, but still mental. He'll be here for a while yet and rightly so. When he does leave, Hartley will be someone I'll be quite keen to see replace him if things have gone well for him in between now and then. Definitely not just now though.

Archived