Nielson must go!

Fenerjambo

The Internet

It does kind of make the excuse of "oh they have better players" redundant. Football is not always about money, it's a team sport and like any other sport usually whoever wants it more wins. As a team whoever plays as a team wins. Give me a team of hungry for success players that play together for each other and give 100% everytime over a team of self interested money grabbing pre madonnas everyday.

Of course I agree, but every club will now also have that belief, it doesn't give us any more of a right than we had to go and challenge. I want us to compete with Celtic regardless of who wins the league in England, the fact Leicester have done it is a boost for every team, not just us. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I agree, but every club will now also have that belief, it doesn't give us any more of a right than we had to go and challenge. I want us to compete with Celtic regardless of who wins the league in England, the fact Leicester have done it is a boost for every team, not just us.

It should not have taken Leicester to win the EPL for teams to have this belief though. That belief and effort should have been there from the start. Doddies team had it way back in '86 there have been numerous other hearts teams have had this belief.

Of course better players will win games against us that can be accepted, what can't be accepted and just shrugged off with pathetic lame excuses of "oh they have better players" "we nearly died 2 years ago" etc is when we are beaten and haven't even turned up for the match. Players are responsible yes but ultimately the manager has to take the responsibility after all that is why he is manager, only a coward sits back and blames everyone else for his failings as a manager. The manager is there to set the team up, install tactics, give instructions and more importantly MOTIVATE the team.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It does kind of make the excuse of "oh they have better players" redundant. Football is not always about money, it's a team sport and like any other sport usually whoever wants it more wins. As a team whoever plays as a team wins. Give me a team of hungry for success players that play together for each other and give 100% everytime over a team of self interested money grabbing pre madonnas everyday.

Yes, but that only applies if teams with better players have an attitude problem.

With Guardiola, City will blow Leicester out of the water next season, in part because they won't have a lame duck for a manager. People shouldn't be fooled into thinking that Leicester winning the title this season is the start of an era of remarkable upsets. In 20 years time this will still look like an extraordinary success.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes, but that only applies if teams with better players have an attitude problem.

With Guardiola, City will blow Leicester out of the water next season, in part because they won't have a lame duck for a manager. People shouldn't be fooled into thinking that Leicester winning the title this season is the start of an era of remarkable upsets. In 20 years time this will still look like an extraordinary success.

This may well be correct but you miss the point. Leicester's success allows everyone to dream of achieving something incredible.

The Internet

This may well be correct but you miss the point. Leicester's success allows everyone to dream of achieving something incredible.

Or just complain more if they don't achieve something incredible. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

No. That's just being stupid.

The point is not to have an inferiority complex.

No. That's just being stupid.

The point is not to have an inferiority complex.

Geoff...there are people on another thread complaining that the image of the new stand is not right.

It's far scarier than simple complexes.

This is exactly my take as well. It's quite clear when the team is setup with the correct mindset and formation, that we at a match for anyone.

In away games you would have thought we were worrying about relegation rather than titles.

Apathy is the enemy and will affect season tickets and possibly even FOH contributions unless nipped in the bud quickly.

Time for bold moves and for the good of the club, Neilson out...

I don't want Robbie out I think he has done really well for a young Manager however I think he should be learning from his mistakes just like he asks the players to do.

So far certainly against the bigger teams he has not done this which is disappointing but he needs to start learning otherwise more will be calling for his head.

We have had a great season to finish third especially after being promoted but next season will really test his metal in my opinion as other teams know about us and our style of play and it is often the case that in the first season after promotion clubs do well but they can struggle the following season.

I sincerely hope that does not happen to us.

I don't think anyone is going to complain whenever we do not win the league. Anyone that does needs a holiday in Royal Ed. equally no one is complaining that we haven't won the league this season either. It's down to the performances and how we have approached games that people are questioning RN and quite rightly so, the buck stops at him, he is the manager, if he can't handle being questioned or handle any annoyance from the fans then he is in the wrong job to start with. At least twice this season more so in last 2 or 3 months we have had players come out and say RN told them differently to how the reacted in the pitch. At any other club that would not be tolerated, in any other job no manager would tolerate his/her staff not listening and doing things differently to what they have told them. It shows no discipline, and more importantly no respect for the manager. This is just one worrying issue that has been raised. That's before we get into the other more spoken about issues of formations, team selections, tactics, style of play.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

A good manager so far who got results to get 3rd wrapped up before the split. Whether people don't enjoy the style of play it has got us unto a very strong position.

We need to put more work in away from home and look like we want to win more. That is the only legitimate criticism I can see.

We lost something after the first 3 defeats in a row this season and it's up to Robbie to bring that desire to win games back. If we start the new season with a few wins in a row I can see us going all the way. Don't expect us to play like Dortmund or you'll be disappointed. I'm hoping we try and emulate Atletico that's a style of play that would give us a chance at the title.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't think I am missing the point. What I'm saying is that Leicester's success is incredible - therefore to use it as a means of criticising clubs like ours for not achieving the same is so dense it's not true.

I don't think I am missing the point. What I'm saying is that Leicester's success is incredible - therefore to use it as a means of criticising clubs like ours for not achieving the same is so dense it's not true.

Your trying to twist it around by saying Leicester's success is being used or will be used as a means to criticise.

Of course that would be ridiculous however it is not the point I made regarding Leicester. I was stating the argument a team has better players is redundant as an excuse everytime we do not turn up for games. This "oh they have better players" is a lazy and easy excuse, nearly as lazy as the "oh we nearly died 2 years ago" excuse which those making it clearly forget or fail to realise we have the 4th or 5th highest budget in Scotland and 2 out that top 5 were in the Championship last year with us and in the Championship this season.

JamboJohn1874

:facepalm:

This logic says Leicester shouldn't have been anywhere near the top 5 in the EPL never mind having just being crowned champions.

Not quite getting the Leicester love in across the country. It is a super achievement but when you factor in the context of the ?100,000,000 the clubs get each, it's not as if they can't afford a decent team.

Neilson must go...

Not quite getting the Leicester love in across the country. It is a super achievement but when you factor in the context of the ?100,000,000 the clubs get each, it's not as if they can't afford a decent team.

Neilson must go...

Leicester "Love in" certainly not from me. Yes they did well and achieved a dream. Those are facts not a "Love in"

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Your trying to twist it around by saying Leicester's success is being used or will be used as a means to criticise.

Of course that would be ridiculous however it is not the point I made regarding Leicester. I was stating the argument a team has better players is redundant as an excuse everytime we do not turn up for games. This "oh they have better players" is a lazy and easy excuse, nearly as lazy as the "oh we nearly died 2 years ago" excuse which those making it clearly forget or fail to realise we have the 4th or 5th highest budget in Scotland and 2 out that top 5 were in the Championship last year with us and in the Championship this season.

It's a lazy excuse for not trying in those games. It's not a lazy excuse for getting beat though. Better players will win out more often than not.

Same is true of clubs with money. Leicester used to get laughed at in the Championship for pissing away cash on Matt Mills and dross like him. But throw money at it for long enough, which is what Leicester did, and it'll pay off eventually.

Fort Vallance

I can accept him making mistakes if he accepts responsibility for them. I haven't seen much evidence of that.

Ian Beale

A good manager so far who got results to get 3rd wrapped up before the split. Whether people don't enjoy the style of play it has got us unto a very strong position.

We need to put more work in away from home and look like we want to win more. That is the only legitimate criticism I can see.

We lost something after the first 3 defeats in a row this season and it's up to Robbie to bring that desire to win games back. If we start the new season with a few wins in a row I can see us going all the way. Don't expect us to play like Dortmund or you'll be disappointed. I'm hoping we try and emulate Atletico that's a style of play that would give us a chance at the title.

I think you need to realise that Champ Manager is not real life .

I think you need to realise that Champ Manager is not real life .

Having read through some of the comments, too many posters on this thread think a season playing Championship Manager gives them greater insight than an up-and-coming coach, A Licence qualified professional who qualified for Europe with his first gig in the top league.

Our team in 98 was nearly the Leicester of 2016.

Everything aligned for 3/4s of the season.

We had a terrific attacking team, won games convincingly against teams we see as a routine 3 points and the OF stuttered now and again.

Thing is, the bigger clubs with bigger resources always regroup quickly as did the ugly sisters while we lost key players over the course of the following season.

That'll probably happen to Leicester too but the key is to always fight and keep dreaming. Be ready when that season of indifference comes to blight the stronger clubs.

Ian Beale

Having read through some of the comments, too many posters on this thread think a season playing Championship Manager gives them greater insight than an up-and-coming coach, A Licence qualified professional who qualified for Europe with his first gig in the top league.

Celtic will spend and can't be as bad next season ,

Tribute Act will spend (you just know a couple of million will be available) and will push us and the Sheep for placings

We could easily come 4th next season .

ollie2004

If we consider where we were when we were relegated CL RN et al have achieved major forward steps, they will get the chance to progress the 5 year plan and I believe we are probably 2 years ahead of target. Plus the developments off field, look at the whole picture and do not focus on individuals who may not be popular with some. Let them finish the job and judge them then!

Celtic will spend and can't be as bad next season ,

Tribute Act will spend (you just know a couple of million will be available) and will push us and the Sheep for placings

We could easily come 4th next season .

Said pretty much exactly the same on another thread good few days ago.

This was the best season anyone had of toppling Celtic. Unless we have a few

Million quid about to be doubled in players and wages we will have no chance of trying to compete with Celtic or Rangers for that matter and neither will Aberdeen.

WTF? This post is absolutely mental! Aberdeen have been building their current squad for years, while we started building from nothing, in the championship, less than two years ago, and they've had a much bigger budget than us this season, and celtic's budget is several times ours. Of course we should accept finishing behind them this season. That doesn't mean we can't hope to finish ahead of them, or expect to improve next season, but anyone that can't accept finishing third this season is completely detached from reality.

Aberdeen I'll accept. Anyone else outside Celtic? I really really hope the answer is no.

socrates82

People also seem to be forgetting that we (nearly) did a Leicester ourselves in 86. Even in 06 when we spent big for us, the gap in our budget and the "big two" was at least as wide as between Leicester and the big 4 or 5.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

People also seem to be forgetting that we (nearly) did a Leicester ourselves in 86. Even in 06 when we spent big for us, the gap in our budget and the "big two" was at least as wide as between Leicester and the big 4 or 5.

Twice in 30 years. 30 years

Archived