Nielson must go!

Fenerjambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fao Phil Dunphy / Eckauskas: I was making a reference to next season. You obviously didn't read the context.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamboJohn1874

That may be, but based on what?

Getting knocked out of the cup by one of the finalists seems to be the main reason.

It's not honestly.

The away performances and formations all season are my primary drivers, although I do also understand those who think he has no big game mentality. I have just had enough of the tinkering and experimental formations.

The only time we create or score is from individual brilliance or from defensive mistakes. 

The only times Celtic scored today was from defensive mistakes. 

gowestjambo

For any Player to cross the white line wearing a Maroon shirt with a Heart on it - MUST know what it means to wear the famous maroon jersey!

Watching todays team, not many obviously. This is down to the Manager and him alone to set the tone of what is expected.

I would fire Neilson today on the basis of his Radio Interview!!! He was pleased with the performance, we dominated for periods........what planet is he on???? 

Many who are quite clearly not Hearts fans.

So if you dont want Neilson out you arent a Hearts fan......belter.

It's not honestly.

The away performances and formations all season are my primary drivers, although I do also understand those who think he has no big game mentality. I have just had enough of the tinkering and experimental formations.

So do you think teams should only ever play one formation? 

Do you not think it is reasonable to try players in different positions or formations to get the best out of them?  

Do you think winning the Championship last season and achieving third and Europe this season is a good base to the start of a management career? 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wouldn't sack Neilson but if he gets off to a poor start next season the knives will be out. However, the silver lining is the amount of seethe he generates in total cretins!

davemclaren

For any Player to cross the white line wearing a Maroon shirt with a Heart on it - MUST know what it means to wear the famous maroon jersey!

Watching todays team, not many obviously. This is down to the Manager and him alone to set the tone of what is expected.

I would fire Neilson today on the basis of his Radio Interview!!! He was pleased with the performance, we dominated for periods........what planet is he on???? 

I think it will take more than a Radio interview to get him fired. We did play well in spells, particularly in the first 15/20 minutes of the second half.

This is a quote from Robbie on the Hearts website.

That being said, we?ve got three massive fixtures remaining; two at home and a tough one away to Aberdeen. We want to win them and push on.?  

I have an idea Robbie, try adjusting you tactics to try and win games from the start and stop pissing about with the formation and play like we did against Aberdeen in the cup.

So if you dont want Neilson out you arent a Hearts fan......belter.

Should that not be do rather than don't?

I can't believe the denial some people live with.

There are clearly lots of people who don't think Neilson is the man to take us forward any more. Whether you wish the manager to continue our not, you sold not deny the fact that many think Neilson has had his time.

You're right, there is at least 12 of you.

siegementality

I think it will take more than a Radio interview to get him fired. We did play well in spells, particularly in the first 15/20 minutes of the second half.

We've played well for 15/20 minutes in a lot of games this season. Just a shame the games last for 90 minutes.

13 points above Motherwell sitting comfortably in 3rd spot and folk want Neilson booted.

queensferryjambo

Neilson has done very well as Hearts manager. I for one enjoy the stability of a manager I trust. Prior to Neilson who was the last manager who even lasted 2 full seasons? Chopping and changing managers hasn't been good for Hearts in the past and it isn't going to get us anywhere now.

Robbie has tried to find his feet in the Premiership and acknowledges he still has a lot to learn.  

I for one think he will progress well next season and do well for Hearts - time will tell. 

If anybody who wants Neilson sacked thinks Ann Budge will sack a manager who has just taken the club into Europe at the first time of asking you need a serious reality check.

Neilson is going nowhere - get used to it.

JamboJohn1874

So do you think teams should only ever play one formation?

Do you not think it is reasonable to try players in different positions or formations to get the best out of them?

Do you think winning the Championship last season and achieving third and Europe this season is a good base to the start of a management career?

Last season is long gone now I'm afraid. In football you are only ever as good as your last 5 games, which pretty much sums up where we are.

My issues are primarily with away formations and performances against some really ordinary SPFL teams. Its just not been good enough and the Motherwell debacle last week was the last straw for me.

Today we had yet more tinkering with formation and enough is enough. It now looks like we have stopped progressing so we need change to accommodate the strengthened threats we will see next season.

I will still get my season ticket as soon as they come out, but we need change.

I haven't enjoyed this year's football very much.

But it is hard to argue with a 3rd place finish when returning to the league.  I want to see us improve the squad with lots of departures and lots of new players.  Players given the responsibility to create rather than the responsibility to 'keep the shape'.   Some pace in our game.  A better effort in the Cups.  Not much to ask.

Nor do I think a future replacement for Neilson is likely to be found at the club - an idea as useless as the pyramid of clubs was for finding players.

He's way out of his depth. He has been found out this season and we will not progress any further with him, in fact we are far more,likely to go backwards from here. Hasnt got a clue at the high level he is being asked to perform at. Must go sooner or later, probably later unfortunately.

well, fans ask for the professionals governing other professionals to see the long term.

Does something strike us just now that we think under Neilson we are ready to boom into something special or even competent?

Gut feelings sometimes gnaw at you and it's not a good gut feeling.

We may not go backwards but I don't know about going forwards?

gashauskis9

Why are people still going on about last season or the seasond before it. We are where we are now and have a squad easily capable of more. It is what's happening now that is worrying many of us. It's just not good enough.

How do you know this squad are capable of more? I hear this feckin statement every week and I respond with the same line. This squad was built for the top 6, not to win the league. Whether you like it or not, that's the fact. Robbie's job over the summer is to shape a squad to challenge now that we've been able to stabilise.

gashauskis9

Neilson has done very well as Hearts manager. I for one enjoy the stability of a manager I trust. Prior to Neilson who was the last manager who even lasted 2 full seasons? Chopping and changing managers hasn't been good for Hearts in the past and it isn't going to get us anywhere now.

Robbie has tried to find his feet in the Premiership and acknowledges he still has a lot to learn.

I for one think he will progress well next season and do well for Hearts - time will tell.

If anybody who wants Neilson sacked thinks Ann Budge will sack a manager who has just taken the club into Europe at the first time of asking you need a serious reality check.

:spoton:

siegementality

13 points above Motherwell sitting comfortably in 3rd spot and folk want Neilson booted.

But 20 below Celtic and 11 below Aberdeen. Still, as long as we are above Motherwell eh.

Last season is long gone now I'm afraid. In football you are only ever as good as your last 5 games, which pretty much sums up where we are.

My issues are primarily with away formations and performances against some really ordinary SPFL teams. Its just not been good enough and the Motherwell debacle last week was the last straw for me.

Today we had yet more tinkering with formation and enough is enough. It now looks like we have stopped progressing so we need change to accommodate the strengthened threats we will see next season.

I will still get my season ticket as soon as they come out, but we need change.

Get rid of this imposter now.

I agree.

How much more do we need to see before this balloon of a manager is emptied. No heart, no tactics, no entertainment, no atmosphere, cup exits terrible,empty seats now appearing, woeful defending etc etc. Does Anne Budge fancy him or are too many of us living in a fantasy world with the most spineless clueless clown we have had in charge. Not one of these players are motivated by him and it's embarrassing. We pay a lot and put a lot into this club and Nielson will not take us forward. Get him out!!

Rangers haven't won since winning the league but no one's calling for the manager to quit. End of season nothing going to play for and both our centre halves cost us two goals and you want the manager to walk. Get a grip.

Phil Dunphy

Prior to Neilson who was the last manager who even lasted 2 full seasons?

A lot of that is down to the regime at the time, more so than the ability of the managers.

JamboJohn1874

I understand your sentiment but this is just like saying we should accept mediocrity. This is dangerous for a football club and may even affect season ticket sales and you must admit, we do seem to have stopped progressing.

But we won the Championship last season..... We nearly went out of business.....

It's all part of the 5 year master plan, to lure teams into a false sense of security when they play us, 5 years of no heart, no desire to win, no passion, shit tactics and shit formations then in the 6 year boom were gonna win the treble and dominate Europe from then on.

RN is untouchable, too many Robbie Rimmers on here calling for bans and people to be launched as soon as they question the best manager ever in the beautiful game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some absolutely embarrassing comments on here.

Perhaps everyone who thought we should have been challenging for the title this season should just have said so last summer!

But we won the Championship last season..... We nearly went out of business.....

It's all part of the 5 year master plan, to lure teams into a false sense of security when they play us, 5 years of no heart, no desire to win, no passion, shit tactics and shit formations then in the 6 year boom were gonna win the treble and dominate Europe from then on.

RN is untouchable, too many Robbie Rimmers on here calling for bans and people to be launched as soon as they question the best manager ever in the beautiful game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems you are upset that we won the league last season and are comfortably third this season. 

Phil Dunphy

It seems you are upset that we won the league last season and are comfortably third this season. 

You seem quite content to watch the timid brand of football RN has us playing when we come up against teams of a certain standard.

But 20 below Celtic and 11 below Aberdeen. Still, as long as we are above Motherwell eh.

Neilson has done way better than all the other managers in Scottish football (league games particularly) apart from 2. Nobody's denying that in some games he could have got a better result but 3rd this year with Europe in the bag what's not to like.

Good to see it's the posters I have on ignore who are spouting this latest garbage. Our manager will be here next season and, hopefully, for many more after. A few safeties on kickback is not going to change that. As to the game, we had Celtic on the ropes in the 2nd half and we looked like going on to win it before we gifted them 2 goals.

You seem quite content to watch the timid brand of football RN has us playing when we come up against teams of a certain standard.

You are incorrect. 

Not for the first time. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Good to see it's the posters I have on ignore who are spouting this latest garbage. Our manager will be here next season and, hopefully, for many more after. A few safeties on kickback is not going to change that. As to the game, we had Celtic on the ropes in the 2nd half and we looked like going on to win it before we gifted them 2 goals.

On the ropes?

Son Of Anarchy

Carry on chaps. Keep throwing toys out the pram. Can someone go collect them all please,sell em on eBay and give the funds to Gorgie farm? Thanks.

Phil Dunphy

We had two shots on target today. We certainly never had them on the ropes.

Diadora Van Basten

I wouldn't want Neilson sacked but I do have doubts about his ability to take us forward.

There have been far too many matches this season when we have not turned up.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

will be gone sooner than you think unless he makes this progress you're expecting

It seems that if you question Robbie then some seem to think you're automatically on the wind up. I don't understand that.

I don't really want rid of him but serious questions must surely be asked no? Our record in big games is very poor and needs looked at, in fact do we go in to big games believing we can win, I'm not sure we do and it's my belief that comes from the manager. Also our style of play is frustrating, we look so good at times when we go at teams but we don't do it often enough in my opinion again I think that comes from the manager.

Regardless the fact is Robbie will be there come the start of next season but questioning the wisdom of that does not make you less of a hearts fan.

Phil Dunphy

An arsehole is someone can't see that finishing 1st last season and 3rd this season as progress :)

Where have we progressed as this season has gone on?

Harry Potter

The players let Neilson down today, end of.

Bit like last week then, that was a bad performance, is it not the managers job to get the most out of players.

Im maybe wrong.

KineticBeat

That attitude is one of the most frustrating things about football in the modern era.

Everything is so short term vision

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Christ almighty we got beat .Weve got beat by them loads of times.weve beat them loads of times.Ive witnessed lots over the years.Live with it

Archived