Nielson must go!

Fenerjambo

jack D and coke

On the beach every time we play a team in green and white it seems. 1 win in 13 under his management against Celtic and Hibs. Woeful record.

Is that right? Jesus.....

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Europe secured before the split on the fifth largest budget (est.) in the top flight the first year after promotion.

No pleasing some people.

No disrespect mate but if you're pleased with that it's evident you haven't been one of us for very long.

Who would you have accepted finishing behind this season? Seriously?

Pants Shaton

The Hearts support has its fair share of thick ****s.

Good to see them represented on this thread.

I haven't enjoyed this year's football very much.

But it is hard to argue with a 3rd place finish when returning to the league.  I want to see us improve the squad with lots of departures and lots of new players.  Players given the responsibility to create rather than the responsibility to 'keep the shape'.   Some pace in our game.  A better effort in the Cups.  Not much to ask.

Nor do I think a future replacement for Neilson is likely to be found at the club - an idea as useless as the pyramid of clubs was for finding players.

I agree entirely about the required turnover of players. Those thinking we need 3 or 4 to become title challengers are completely delusional. 3 or 4 starters may allow us to challenge for 2nd with a good run of few injuries and less suspensions. The problem with significant changes is that we will then be faced with the age old ready made excuse of them all needing time to bed in.

The cup performances, Aberdeen aside, have been shocking and the stats re our efforts against Celtic since 2011 nothing short of shameful. There is a huge amount of work to be done and the question marks surrounding Neilson's ability to be the man to get it done are only increasing all the time.

Independence

How much more do we need to see before this balloon of a manager is emptied. No heart, no tactics, no entertainment, no atmosphere, cup exits terrible,empty seats now appearing, woeful defending etc etc. Does Anne Budge fancy him or are too many of us living in a fantasy world with the most spineless clueless clown we have had in charge. Not one of these players are motivated by him and it's embarrassing. We pay a lot and put a lot into this club and Nielson will not take us forward. Get him out!!

H1b5!

Some of us don't really see being able to beat Partick Thistle and Dundee as progressing as far as some people would want to believe.

Aye but we won the second tier and that.

This is the level some on here are happy with. It's embarrassing and worrying at least.

Bored of every time we lose "Neilson out".

If you want something doing, do something about it. Ranting on here will do the square route of nothing.

Write to the club.

Protest.

Send another plane.

If none of the above are within your abilities i suggest saying nothing because ranting on here is wasting your time. Try learning your ABC's, counting to ten and maybe just maybe spelling?

Oh and for the Hibs fans on this thread, Love ya :)

We've played well for 15/20 minutes in a lot of games this season. Just a shame the games last for 90 minutes.

And generally these spells are when we are in the opposition faces taking the game to them, yet generally we resort back to the piss poor stuff we suffer for the majority of games the very next game.

He's way out of his depth. He has been found out this season and we will not progress any further with him, in fact we are far more,likely to go backwards from here. Hasnt got a clue at the high level he is being asked to perform at. Must go sooner or later, probably later unfortunately.

IMO we need to look a bit deeper than Robbie for where the teams problems lie as wee robbo said LIVE on alba on Wednesday nite any new manager coming in would have to adopt the CL philosophy which is basically my way or the highway The style and way that we play is his way and Robbie takes the flak when things go tits up why any top manager out there in there right mind would want to come to us is beyond me CL would be better to put himself in the dugout but its easy to have someone else there taking the blame as when things go tits up you can sack him then the blame is deflected from CL, fans are pumping serious dosh into club wether that's through FOH season books merchandise etc because we love the club but how long will the majority of fans do this if the product on the park is shite and the manager is being told what to do CL needs to realize that the club is not his TOY imo the club belongs to the fans who come along week after week and will continue to do so long after he's gone, would love to see the reigns been taken from Robbie and the coaching staff that way we could really see what he and them have in their locker rather than seeing staff that are sitting on their hands and being dictated to we will never be successful imo as long as this is the way you must let people make there own decisions that's the only way to move forward as a club

A_A wehatethehibs

In terms of the quality and quantity of players we have at our disposal, I don't think we could have asked much more than has been delivered this season.

At the start of the season consider what you wanted realistically. I wanted us to get 3rd, anything better was just never going to happen, every rational mind knew that the we were not going to overtake Aberdeen and Celtic instantly. We have overtaken every other team in the league with ease, and I don't see why that is not a positive thing. In fact, it is not even mentioned. These are the same teams which were all hammering us under locke and mcglynn.

It's right to demand better next season but unlike some I can't see any reason to doubt that we will improve again next year, with a bigger, stronger, better quality squad. To say the manager should be sacked for delivering 3rd and Europe two years after we were relegated is just absolutely nowhere near the reality of the club.

Next season the expectations rise, if Robbie goes on a losing streak and we're 5th or 6th after a couple of months, OK I'll be questioning whether he is the right man, but for now he has my absolute gratitude and patience having put the club back into a position of strength. The pressure is on now to deliver silverware, that's what we all want.

Players given the responsibility to create rather than the responsibility to 'keep the shape'. Some pace in our game. A better effort in the Cups. Not much to ask.

The thought of the above (which I agree with btw) would cause palpitations amongst some on JKB who think there is not one single thing wrong in the way we set up to play.

Even Levein and Neilson would acknowledge things could be improved.

I'm not in the Robbie oot brigade but he does frustrate you at times.

But the ones wanting Neilson out, you will be happy with Crawford or Daly as manager because that's the route we are apparently going down.

Which means as always thought that it is Levein we need out before "Big Matches" can be won.

We won't win big matches under Levein - it's always play the margins and win the easy matches

to finish 3rd or as high as possible to save face. This is a big club and it's a great feeling to be

able to "match" up against our biggest rivals but NEVER, ever under this regime can we feel

confident that Hearts will have sufficient mettle to compete effectively in these games.

In terms of the quality and quantity of players we have at our disposal, I don't think we could have asked much more than has been delivered this season.

At the start of the season consider what you wanted realistically. I wanted us to get 3rd, anything better was just never going to happen, every rational mind knew that the we were not going to overtake Aberdeen and Celtic instantly. We have overtaken every other team in the league with ease, and I don't see why that is not a positive thing. In fact, it is not even mentioned. These are the same teams which were all hammering us under locke and mcglynn.

It's right to demand better next season but unlike some I can't see any reason to doubt that we will improve again next year, with a bigger, stronger, better quality squad. To say the manager should be sacked for delivering 3rd and Europe two years after we were relegated is just absolutely nowhere near the reality of the club.

Next season the expectations rise, if Robbie goes on a losing streak and we're 5th or 6th after a couple of months, OK I'll be questioning whether he is the right man, but for now he has my absolute gratitude and patience having put the club back into a position of strength. The pressure is on now to deliver silverware, that's what we all want.

There was a thread at the beginning of this season where JKB were what their expectations were. I'd love to find it and bump it as it might give a few posters food for thought.

Rangers haven't won since winning the league but no one's calling for the manager to quit. End of season nothing going to play for and both our centre halves cost us two goals and you want the manager to walk. Get a grip.[/quote

What have Rangers got to do with us?? I take it you've suffered forking out away from home watching pathetic football every other week?? And are you happy with static hopeless football at home as well. You get a grip!! Clown

Space Mackerel

Neilson has taken us as far as he can. Hope someone has the balls to get shot of him.

So the next head coach will be Stevie Crawford?

Have you been paying attention to the club statements?

There was a thread at the beginning of this season where JKB were what their expectations were. I'd love to find it and bump it as it might give a few posters food for thought.

These predictions would have been made before we witnessed just how poor our opposition would be this season.

These predictions would have been made before we witnessed just how poor our opposition would be this season.

Or what we realistically expected.

Bored of every time we lose "Neilson out".

If you want something doing, do something about it. Ranting on here will do the square route of nothing.

Write to the club.

Protest.

Send another plane.

If none of the above are within your abilities i suggest saying nothing because ranting on here is wasting your time. Try learning your ABC's, counting to ten and maybe just maybe spelling?

Oh and for the Hibs fans on this thread, Love ya :)

Bored of watching horrid tactics from clueless manager. Bored of reading guff like you spout.

A_A wehatethehibs

If you or anyone reading now can find that thread, please do and I will bump it. Everyone thought 3rd was about the best possible outcome, as has proved to be the case.

Which means as always thought that it is Levein we need out before "Big Matches" can be won.

We won't win big matches under Levein - it's always play the margins and win the easy matches

to finish 3rd or as high as possible to save face. This is a big club and it's a great feeling to be

able to "match" up against our biggest rivals but NEVER, ever under this regime can we feel

confident that Hearts will have sufficient mettle to compete effectively in these games.

We haven't won a lot of 'easy' matches tbf.

You will get nowhere on here questioning anything Levein does.

Walked the championship last season finishing 3rd this season and into Europe . When did we last finish 3rd?

I may be in a minority here but IMO I am pleased at where we are .

A few new signings and I agree he should stop the chopping and changing of players positions .

Give him another season then we will see where we are .

davemclaren

Neilson has taken us as far as he can. Hope someone has the balls to get shot of him.

Ann Budge isn't afraid to get rid of people she feels aren't or won't deliver. I see no signs of her thinking that about Robbie at the moment.

Generic Username

You can't discuss last season.

You can't discuss relegation.

You can't make comparisons.

You can't be objective.

JudyJudyJudy

See the thing is, I know Fenerjambo and although I disagree with his comments, he's a massive Hearts fan so lay off the hibs stuff lads eh?

Its the usual on this mate..Criticise Hearts and especially Neilson and your a secret Hobbo. Pathetic 

Ann Budge isn't afraid to get rid of people she feels aren't or won't deliver. I see no signs of her thinking that about Robbie at the moment.

I don't think Ann would interfere in the football side of things, that will be left to Levein.

I take it all the Robbie Neilson bandits are appreciative of our woeful record in the big matches over the past 2 years. Any manager not beating a poor hibs side in 5 matches is a disgrace to be a Hearts manager with his tactics all over the place and he hasn't learned. He even stated our 2-2 draw at Tynie was good for both clubs because of money?? MOD EDIT

Are folk genuinely blaming Neilson for two defensive brain farts?

:rofl:

No.

Your thoughts on the first 45mins?

The Comedian

He'll be here for a while yet but I agree with you, the cuddly atmosphere at the club means someone would have to come in for him.

I personally didn't bother with the game today as I've seen enough. For a supposedly good season  I'm actually disillusioned at the future. I think we are building towards mediocrity with this guy and he's being afforded the time and excuses to do it.

Not great. Neilson thought the same and changed things.

Correct. He has had to do that many times this season though.

Harry Potter

Christ almighty we got beat .Weve got beat by them loads of times.weve beat them loads of times.Ive witnessed lots over the years.Live with it

Weve beat them loads of times, aye since when.

davemclaren

I don't think Ann would interfere in the football side of things, that will be left to Levein.

But if she thought Craig wasn't doing his job ( by keeping what she thought was a poor manager ) I believe she would act on both of them.

Big Slim Stylee

Neilson has plenty credit in the bank but I do notice a change of stance by quite a few on here recently.

I've noticed that subtle shift of opinion as well.

Bowmans_Boot

He'll be here for a while yet but I agree with you, the cuddly atmosphere at the club means someone would have to come in for him.

I personally didn't bother with the game today as I've seen enough. For a supposedly good season  I'm actually disillusioned at the future. I think we are building towards mediocrity with this guy and he's being afforded the time and excuses to do it.

I agree with this, unfortunately. Winning the championship last season, finishing third, and qualifying for Europe this should mean that everybody feels up and optimistic. I dont and many others share this feeling. The overly negative football we play is becoming repetitive and boring, as is our woeful record in meaningful matches.

I do not want Neilson sacked at all, but that doesnt mean that I cannot criticise when I feel it is due. 

Half time pie

Carry on chaps. Keep throwing toys out the pram. Can someone go collect them all please,sell em on eBay and give the funds to Gorgie farm? Thanks.

Agree. Some supporters need to get a grip and put things in perspective. We've done great this season taking into account where we've come from with a squad in transition. Next season will be the real ball breaker though.

sandylejambo

the manager has some good players at his disposal, I think he knows a good one when he sees one but has a wee bit of difficulty getting the best out of them on a regular basis, I cant see Hearts giving him the shove because Levein can manipulate Robbie where he might have a free thinker take his place.

Bowmans_Boot

Agree. Some supporters need to get a grip and put things in perspective. We've done great this season taking into account where we've come from with a squad in transition. Next season will be the real ball breaker though.

Did you enjoy seeing how we were set up in the first half today? Was that entertaining and/or motivating? Or is it worthy of a little criticism? 

maltese jambo

Why are people still going on about last season or the seasond before it. We are where we are now and have a squad easily capable of more. It is what's happening now that is worrying many of us. It's just not good enough.

Spot on

I personally didn't bother with the game today as I've seen enough. For a supposedly good season I'm actually disillusioned at the future. I think we are building towards mediocrity with this guy and he's being afforded the time and excuses to do it.

Bang on.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The thing with our structure (which I think is almost perfect and we should clearly persevere with) is that you don't need five years of stability with the same head coach. There's no benefit there at all. In a traditional manager situation obviously it's a much bigger issue but we could chop and change head coaches frequently with very little disruption. With that in mind, is this head coach getting the most possible out of this group of players?

Son Of Anarchy

Did you enjoy seeing how we were set up in the first half today? Was that entertaining and/or motivating? Or is it worthy of a little criticism?

He changed it though. Hardly "no plan b" as some (not you) seem to think. It worked before against Celtic so why not today? The players, that's why.

Half time pie

The first half was terrible and should be criticised, rightly so. But things were put right after the break and we were giving as good as we got after the restart. Unfortunately, as so often this season, we were our own worst enemy and paid for stupid mistake which were down to lack of focus by individual players on the pitch.

Why are folk so quick to blame Neilson rather than the players? The team obviously weren't playing the way he expected them to, hence two subs at half time.

He made the right changes. Our defence cost us the game, not our manager.

Bowmans_Boot

The first half was terrible and should be criticised, rightly so. But things were put right after the break and we were giving as good as we got after the restart. Unfortunately, as so often this season, we were our own worst enemy and paid for stupid mistake which were down to lack of focus by individual players on the pitch.

I thought we were great for around 15 minutes, which isn't great out of 90. 

Son Of Anarchy

Why are folk so quick to blame Neilson rather than the players? The team obviously weren't playing the way he expected them to, hence two subs at half time.

He made the right changes. Our defence cost us the game, not our manager.

The don't like Robbie so nothing else matters. Even if we'd won today this place would be full of "but we lost to hibs though" and "one win in ....isn't good enough."

Archived