Nielson must go!

Fenerjambo

Embarrassing post. Yes his tactics can be negative occasionally. But we've won the championship by a record points tally and will be finishing third with European football a season after. More then anyone could expect when we went down two seasons ago. People who are calling for his head are very special indeed. When you look at our squad it isn't particularly attaching. It's very physical compared to most and leans more to a defensive style because that's how they're best played. We don't have the players to play free flowing go for the jugular attacking football. But by no means to we have a bad squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malinga the Swinga

With Hibs failing in their attempt to get second place and the majority of their pathetic home support in tears, no surprise to see some of the, coming on here with their attempts to deflect from their own failings.

Toxteth O'Grady

With Hibs failing in their attempt to get second place and the majority of their pathetic home support in tears, no surprise to see some of the, coming on here with their attempts to deflect from their own failings.

The sad thing is though that Neilson can't put out a team that can beat that shite

Watt-Zeefuik

While, for my sins, years back I did tend to sit on the PC for too long and go through all the threads it isn't something I do now, but in the threads I do go through I've never actually read anything from anyone that says they are disappointed that we finished third in the league. I have read a lot from people who have said something I think is understandable following our step up from the Championship. My hopes at the start of the season were that we would still be in this division when it came to an end, and those thoughts came about as, despite only being out of the division for one season, I genuinely thought that in the top league we were going to be up against teams who were way ahead of the Championship teams we had been playing in terms of quality. It very quickly became apparent that the quality in the top league was nowhere near the level I had in my head. I also do not recall anyone saying we had or have a God given right to finish in position 1 or 2. There have been a lot of people who have suggested that this season, given the manner in which we have approached a number of games and given the quality of the other sides, we may well have had an opportunity to finish in a higher position, because the vast majority of the points we have thrown away have not been against Celtic and Aberdeen, they have been against sides we are better than. You may be happy with the way we have approached every game we have played this season, but many aren't and they have expressed opinion that if we had we had an opportunity to do better. Just as examples I'll ask you a question. In the league game against Kilmarnock at Tynecastle on 3 October we were controlling the game and went in front. Although we were still in front it was clear to everyone there that we had decided 1-0 was enough and took our foot off the gas. Kilmarnock then equalised with about 10 minutes to go and quite honestly they then controlled the last 10 minutes and could have won that match after we had been in control of it. To me, I'd have looked at that as part of this learning process we keep hearing about, and the learning would be that once in front push on for more, do not sit on what you have. Would you then think it is/was acceptable to adopt the exact same approach when Dundee visited Tynecastle on 21 November, we got in front, took our foot off the gas again and allowed them into the game with a further loss of points. To me that shows that absolutely nothing had been learned from the first time we tried it. The basic thought of a number is that although there is no God given right to finish either 1st or 2nd there was an opportunity of doing so this season, and it wasn't taken.

This, like most of your posts, is quite thoughtful.  However, I have to point out that the thread title and Fenerjambo's assertion is that we have performed badly enough that it's time to sack the manager.

Those of us pushing back against this aren't saying that we're quite satisfied with third, thanks, or that Robbie has never made a mistake in setting up the team, or any of that.  (At least I have yet to see that asserted.)  We're saying that the notion that Neilson should be sacked on his body of work is insane. 

Speaking for myself, I don't think Neilson is the finished product yet.  I think he's still learning on the job, and if there's something to take from Leicester it's that sometimes once you find a good set up for the team, leave it for a few weeks and let it play out.  I fully expect that he should take some time over the summer to review our results this season and rethink some of his tactical decisions.  If he shows no progress or regresses next year, I think that would then merit a reconsideration.

However based on prior results I think he will progress.

William H. Bonney

The OP has a valid point!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He does, its just a shame he used his forehead to type it rather than his fingers.

socrates82

The sad thing is though that Neilson can't put out a team that can beat that shite

Apart from when he did.

Joe Hearts

Did the Everton supporters hire out a certain plane yesterday!

Robbie has been learning his tactics from levein and the flowing football we enjoyed last season is gone, time to grow a pair and start trying to WIN games from the start instead of trying not to LOSE games, one more season of this defensive dont lose at all costs football then you will see a lot more empty seats, not crying for Robbies head but its time to become your own man and play the fast passing quick thinking football that we seen last season

Malinga the Swinga

Apart from when he did.

Apart from when he did.

The same people made the same accusations when we lost to Aberdeen in first two games we played them this season. Couldn't beat Aberdeen, lost his nerve against Aberdeen they posted. We then best Aberdeen in next two games we played them and suddenly Aberdeen weren't a big team and we should be beating Celtic all the time and we should never losrpe to anyone.

It doesn't matter what manager does because he will never please the Locke lovers, the Levein haters, the downright stupid and the Hibs supporters who infest this board.

Thank goodness the majority of Hearts supporters who attend Tynecastle are nothing like any of these categories and are in fact pleased with our continual improvement.

Malinga the Swinga

Robbie has been learning his tactics from levein and the flowing football we enjoyed last season is gone, time to grow a pair and start trying to WIN games from the start instead of trying not to LOSE games, one more season of this defensive dont lose at all costs football then you will see a lot more empty seats, not crying for Robbies head but its time to become your own man and play the fast passing quick thinking football that we seen last season

Pretty sure if we were playing Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Raith, Queen of the South, Falkirk, Livingston, Hibs and The Rangers (under McCoist), we would be playing fast passing quick thinking football.

Fortunately, we won championship last year and got promoted. This meant playing better organised teams, who have their own agendas to live up to, which doesn't include lying down to Hearts.

Der Kaiser

Mind June 19th 2013.

Put into admin.

Deducted 15 points.

Relegated.

Will the club survive?

Hi Anne thanks for your help.

Robbie Neilson to manage us?

What is Budge thinking?

Oh, we've strolled the championship.

Back in the SPL.

3rd place and Europe in our first season back.

That's a nice plan for a new stand.

And still folk moan relentlessly about tactics. I'm patiently watching our long game and I'm happy at how the club is progressing.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

My point is that we're inconsistent because many of our players are inconsistent. That's the market for players we're in. If someone like Djoum or Juanma was more consistent we wouldn't have them for very long - they'd be off as quickly as Osman Sow. Be great if we could afford a guaranteed 20-goal a season striker like Griffiths or a top performer like Bitton or attract a 12m loan player and afford to keep them for a while but we can't.

So we're always going to be having to replace our best players every season or two. We need a manager capable and willing to work within those limitations and Neilson's doing a very good job IMO. Losing Sow when we did for example was out of his hands. And there are generally slim pickings in the January window so we took who we could get.

ok I might agree with your point regarding the players not being of a quality to be consistent enough

unfortunately that defence of Robbie only leads onto the next question that these players of a certain limited quality will also likely be unable to cope with playing multiple positions and in multiple formations week to week and even worse within the same game. If they were capable of that they wouldn't be here very long.

there failings in consistency feasibly will be magnified by constant (re)shuffling of the team

it keeps coming back to Robbie for a reason - are there any decisions Robbie has made this season which you disagree with? are there any decisions he makes consistently which maybe makes you think it could be something he needs to improve upon?

FarmerTweedy

None that fall into all those categories that are available to us.

However there are a few names who would be better, some of whom folk won't like or agree with.

1. For organisation, motivation, solidity and making the most of what he has - John Hughes.

2. For identifying and recruiting players - Derek Mcinnes

3. For experience and playing without fear - McGhee or McCall.

4. For a bit of excitement and a chance for unfinished business to be done - Paulo Sergio.

I would take any one of the above over Neilson. That's without even having a look beyond Scotland.

Re the bit in bold (and ignoring the fact that Neilson and McInnes almost certainly have different responsibilities and control over recruitment at their respective clubs), when comparing our current squads, and taking into account the relative budgets the two clubs have had available to them in recent years, and the fact Aberdeen have been gradually building a squad in the top division for years, while we had to start from scratch less than two years ago, I suspect there won't be many Hearts fans who would want to swap recruitment strategies with Aberdeen.

In fact, apart from the mention of Paulo Sergio, I'd have thought this whole post was a complete spoof!

I really didn't want to include Craig Levein in my post Gambo, I didn't want to post something which could be interpreted as me trying to insinuate some form of interference from above the manager, even by including some relatively simple words such as "I wonder what level of involvement Craig has in what is going on". I don't know what his level of involvement in everything is, my own thoughts would be that when Craig and Robbie came together both of them would be involved in the football strategy including the formation of the playing style that the club would adopt. I would be lying if I said it is possibly something that has been forced on Robbie and he just has to toe the line. Although linked to what we are viewing on the park week in week out it is a situation that we cannot really comment on openly and with confidence. All I would be tempted to say, now focusing on point three you make above is if Robbie isn't comfortable with what he may be doing on instruction from someone else why did he agree to take the position and why is he still there if he is not comfortable with what he is being asked to implement. I do think it is reasonably clear that the players aren't comfortable in those games where the attacking options are limited and the approach appears to be to try to not lose the games rather than simply going out to win them by playing how they play best.

Is it unreasonable to question the DoF, I don't think it is unreasonable but I don't know if he would give answers that would clear up the situation The only man that could really answer your question about implementation is Robbie himself.

so when robbo said this week live on alba ( wednesday night ) that if Robbie was to be sacked or move on then any new manager coming in would have to adopt the same style/philosophy of play then would that mean that would be Robbie's way despite him not being here anymore ? says to me its not his style or philosophy that we are currently using at this moment in time so who's style or philosophy is it then ?

socrates82

it keeps coming back to Robbie for a reason - are there any decisions Robbie has made this season which you disagree with? are there any decisions he makes consistently which maybe makes you think it could be something he needs to improve upon?

Robbie does a lot more good than bad IMO.

The bad for me is trying to "close out" games too early sometimes. Also being over protective of a couple of youngsters at times - eg smith, reilly and mcghee - instead of leaving them in when they play well. However as this forum shows we have some fans who are not slow in having a go at young players so maybe he's right.

It should have been ten

Mind June 19th 2013.

Put into admin.

Deducted 15 points.

Relegated.

Will the club survive?

Hi Anne thanks for your help.

Robbie Neilson to manage us?

What is Budge thinking?

Oh, we've strolled the championship.

Back in the SPL.

3rd place and Europe in our first season back.

That's a nice plan for a new stand.

And still folk moan relentlessly about tactics. I'm patiently watching our long game and I'm happy at how the club is progressing.

In a nutshell

FarmerTweedy

Last season is long gone now I'm afraid. In football you are only ever as good as your last 5 games, which pretty much sums up where we are.

My issues are primarily with away formations and performances against some really ordinary SPFL teams. Its just not been good enough and the Motherwell debacle last week was the last straw for me.

Today we had yet more tinkering with formation and enough is enough. It now looks like we have stopped progressing so we need change to accommodate the strengthened threats we will see next season.

I will still get my season ticket as soon as they come out, but we need change.

The bit in bold may be the biggest nonsense you've posted.

Actually, nah, you've posted far more ludicrous nonsense than that!

Why are people still going on about last season or the seasond before it. We are where we are now and have a squad easily capable of more. It is what's happening now that is worrying many of us. It's just not good enough.

I don't believe our current squad is capable of better than third

FarmerTweedy

No disrespect mate but if you're pleased with that it's evident you haven't been one of us for very long.

Who would you have accepted finishing behind this season? Seriously?

WTF? This post is absolutely mental! Aberdeen have been building their current squad for years, while we started building from nothing, in the championship, less than two years ago, and they've had a much bigger budget than us this season, and celtic's budget is several times ours. Of course we should accept finishing behind them this season. That doesn't mean we can't hope to finish ahead of them, or expect to improve next season, but anyone that can't accept finishing third this season is completely detached from reality.

FarmerTweedy

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm a little bit confused by the comments about the fixture in Glasgow versus Celtic where you seem to think we done well but failed to match that today. Just for information, the following were the scores in those two matches:

Parkhead - Celtic 3 Heart of Midlothian 1

Today - Heart of Midlothian 1 Celtic 3

The above would suggest that whether we played the formation correctly or incorrectly today the outcome was absolutely identical. Why did we lose in Glasgow, because rather than push on and look to win the game after Jamie Walker opened the scoring we became more defensive and lost it. Today we were set up totally wrongly in the first half, on another thread someone referred to it as an utter shambles and I agree with them. The first 15 minutes of the second half today we decided to attack them, presumably an instruction given during the half time interval, and it was successful. For that first 15 minutes we had Celtic looking like what they have been all this season, probably the poorest Celtic side in living memory, and they were struggling. We scored during that period, and logic just has to make you think we will keep that up and go on and punish them, because as part of this learning process it is reasonable to assume that from the performance at Parkhead the daftest thing we could do was allow them to take control of the game because by doing so at Parkhead it cost us the game. We equalised today, should have pushed on, instead allowed them to take control again and lost, by the same score. I always thought the idea of a learning process was to learn from previous mistakes and not repeat them, but it appears not.

Celtic have better players than us. The main reason they took control after we'd been ahead in Glasgow was because their players upped their game, and started playing better than ours, because they're better players. The main reason they took control after we'd equalised at Tynecastle was because their players are better than ours and upped their game, although boyh of their second half goals were down to calamitous errors by our defenders.

Neilson isn't faultless but our results against celtic this season are much more down to factors outwith his control than they are to any deficiencies he has.

FarmerTweedy

We are never going to win the league under Neilson's tenure. Will we get a Euro soot regularly? Good chance I'd say. Are we going to win a cup? Doubtful

We probably won't win the league under Neilson. Almost certainly won't, in fact. We almost certainly wouldn't win the league in the next two or three years (which is about the longest his tenure will last, however well we do in the near future) regardless of who the manager/head coach is. Having only won three cups in over half a century, we probably won't win a cup under him either. None of this means we should replace him.

We probably won't win the league under Neilson. Almost certainly won't, in fact. We almost certainly wouldn't win the league in the next two or three years (which is about the longest his tenure will last, however well we do in the near future) regardless of who the manager/head coach is. Having only won three cups in over half a century, we probably won't win a cup under him either. None of this means we should replace him.

I would hope after the new stand is built we would in a position to put in a sustained challenge for the league given the financial clout it will give us compared to most of the other teams in the league. We proved last season that it is possible to win a league even when you are up against a side with a much bigger budget. Aberdeen have put in a reasonable challenge this year with a budget of 6 million, but have just tripped up at the crucial points in the season when they had the chance to overtake Celtic. I think if they hadn't lost Ward in January and added a couple more, they would still be in with a chance.

Given the current landscape of Scottish football a cup win should be expected in the next couple of years. This season we didn't even get close to either, coupled with Hibs getting to two finals it has frustrated a lot of fans, me included.

With having by far the 3rd highest crowds/FOH contributons, and for the first time in decades not having to service a massive debt, expectations should be higher now than they were in the past. The Old Firm are weaker than they have ever been which has meant that the cup competitions have been blown wide open the last few years, which has seen teams like Ross County, St Johnstone, and Inverness winning them.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic have better players than us. The main reason they took control after we'd been ahead in Glasgow was because their players upped their game, and started playing better than ours, because they're better players. The main reason they took control after we'd equalised at Tynecastle was because their players are better than ours and upped their game, although boyh of their second half goals were down to calamitous errors by our defenders.

Neilson isn't faultless but our results against celtic this season are much more down to factors outwith his control than they are to any deficiencies he has.

Interesting yet Ross County held them last week and Rangers put them out the cup a few week ago, Rangers clearly showed no inferior complex and matched Celtic, It's not just down to the players, the way you approach the game is key.

Aberdeen, a team who we have beaten twice have also beaten them.

At Parkhead we still missed a few chances, however far too often we look meek and in awe of Celtic, it's quite obvious, from our set up, right through to how most players perform.

It's no coincidence, imo that our best players v them are not Scottish, Kitchen, Djoum, Bauben and even Sow.

We  should play the team not the name, that goes for Rangers too, when we play them.

Rudolf's Mate

If the board are under this impression then they should get rid of him. 

Livvyjambo

to me our DOF is calling the shots on the pitch, especially with the crazy formations and tactics at times, just waiting on the 4-6-0 . So that would mean neilson paying the price for leveins tactics and formations then he would need to go and find another yes man to coach and be the face of Hearts to the media. The club must be embarrassed this morning reading that Paterson cannot play RWB in a 3-5-2

to me our DOF is calling the shots on the pitch, especially with the crazy formations and tactics at times, just waiting on the 4-6-0 . So that would mean neilson paying the price for leveins tactics and formations then he would need to go and find another yes man to coach and be the face of Hearts to the media. The club must be embarrassed this morning reading that Paterson cannot play RWB in a 3-5-2

To be brutally honest I have to agree with you here.

Section Q

I haven't met any Hearts fans who are adamant that Neilson should be sacked. It's amazing how vicious the faceless wonders can be when their identities are protected. If we finish in the top three again next season and get a run in the cup, and start the following campaign with a new stand, then surely that's progress.

I would hope after the new stand is built we would in a position to put in a sustained challenge for the league given the financial clout it will give us compared to most of the other teams in the league. We proved last season that it is possible to win a league even when you are up against a side with a much bigger budget. Aberdeen have put in a reasonable challenge this year with a budget of 6 million, but have just tripped up at the crucial points in the season when they had the chance to overtake Celtic. I think if they hadn't lost Ward in January and added a couple more, they would still be in with a chance.

Given the current landscape of Scottish football a cup win should be expected in the next couple of years. This season we didn't even get close to either, coupled with Hibs getting to two finals it has frustrated a lot of fans, me included.

With having by far the 3rd highest crowds/FOH contributons, and for the first time in decades not having to service a massive debt, expectations should be higher now than they were in the past. The Old Firm are weaker than they have ever been which has meant that the cup competitions have been blown wide open the last few years, which has seen teams like Ross County, St Johnstone, and Inverness winning them.

New stand, increased capacity, 3rd best support in Scotland, FoH contributions - you can have all that, but if you have a coach and DOF who's ingrained philosophy is not to attack teams we will win FA!

I haven't met any Hearts fans who are adamant that Neilson should be sacked. It's amazing how vicious the faceless wonders can be when their identities are protected. If we finish in the top three again next season and get a run in the cup, and start the following campaign with a new stand, then surely that's progress.

Very few Hearts fans want Neilson sacked, but I tell you what, many are getting pretty pissed off with his reluctance to attack teams.

amadjambo

Can't wait for this season to be over and not filled with excitement for next season. Can't see anything changing other than a few players coming and going. We'll still chop and change players every game, still change system and tactics every game, still have a team that looks confused most weeks, and still be overly cautious.

Can't wait for this season to be over and not filled with excitement for next season. Can't see anything changing other than a few players coming and going. We'll still chop and change players every game, still change system and tactics every game, still have a team that looks confused most weeks, and still be overly cautious.

Many feel the same way

Very few Hearts fans want Neilson sacked, but I tell you what, many are getting pretty pissed off with his reluctance to attack teams.

I don't see him bring reluctant to attack that's just a false claim we attacked all last season when we could, we scored 91 goals.

The problem this year is we don't have the players to attack, there is no pace for the top league. You could then put the lack of an all out attack on Neilson having no faith in those that remained since Sow left.

maroonlegions

You must have been an unused sub in a 4th division pub team as a player... which makes you an expert...... in your mind!? Morons who know nothing about football on this forum.

"empty seats", hobo has to be or not very bright....  

maroonlegions

feck, me , imagine if we had finished in the bottom six, Samaritans maybe.. thank feck you are in the minority of Hearts fans who feel this way, tell me why we had 16 home sell outs on the trot....  

Let me first of all point out that I do not want the manager or DoF going anywhere at this point. There are lots of people in our support who backed Locke to the hilt and have used any excuse to have a go at both the manager and the DoF, who has never been universally accepted at Tynecastle in a managerial capacity. Why, I have no idea. Only they can explain that.

However, by the same token legitimate questions need to be asked about the football we're watching at the moment. For instance, I've watched us home and away now since around 1970 and you like to think you understand how the manager of the time is going to play the game you are going along to watch on any given day. I can honestly say that I have no idea how RN is going to set the team up, what the tactics are going to be, nor what players will be selected. That begs two fundamental questions in my head and I don't think the answers are positive, those are;

1) does RN know what our best formation is? (4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-5-1-1)

2) does RN know what our best 11 players are?

If the answer to those two questions is; "it depends on which team we are playing" then I'm sorry we're in for continuing baffling formations and tactics with no consistency in selection and continued crap away performances. It's now two seasons and there should be signs of lessons being learned by now. Can someone point out a performance (unless we've been reduced to 10 men) where this 'get everyone behind the ball and surrender the oppositions half' has worked? We're at our best going forward, a blind man can see that, but week after week, especially away from home, we employ those tactics for a large slice of a game. I could understand the tactic if we were playing in a quality league against top quality opposition. However, watching our players attempting to shut up shop against, Ross County, Hamilton Accies, Inverness and Killie is madness.

The fact that we couldn't finish less than 3rd would for me have meant an all out attacking formation and tactics in the last six games. The reality has been something totally different. My last point, can we as a club, management and players, stop telling everyone we're going to go after Celtic or we're getting closer. I'll believe it when we set up and play them as equals. When you shout it from the rooftops and then come out and play them with nappies on under your shorts, shows you don't actually believe it yourself.

Defo not in the 'Phoodle' camp and he has a lot to improve on before i'm 'One Robbie Neilson' but I defo want us to stay with the exact same management team right now.  It would be highly counter productive to change the top right now.

I don't see him bring reluctant to attack that's just a false claim we attacked all last season when we could, we scored 91 goals.

The problem this year is we don't have the players to attack, there is no pace for the top league. You could then put the lack of an all out attack on Neilson having no faith in those that remained since Sow left.

Not having a go at you personally, but I've read quite a few people saying that Sow's exit was a game-changer in terms of our outlook.

When I see this I think back to the 2-2 draw at Rugby Park on 2nd January.

Sow was on the bench that day and Billy King hadn't left yet.

King was tearing their right back to shreds and their RB was a stick-on for a sending off.

Paterson scored for us and King was imediately subbed for Sow.  Nicholson was on the right and everyone assumed that he would switch over onto the left wing and continue pressurising their RB but no, Neilson decided to play Sow on the left of midfield (where he isn't suited) and left their RB off the hook.  Kilmarnock then grabbed the impetus and got on top.

He then subbed a striker (Reilly) for a midfeilder (Zanatta) trying to hold out for the 2-1 and Killie equalised within 5 minutes.  In the end we were lucky to get the draw.

Neilson's tactics done us that day and they done us again when Killie got their 1-1 at Tynecastle too.  Both times we were ahead and tried to defend the game out instead of going for the jugular.  And Kilmarnock are shite.

Selling Sow hasn't helped, but neither has Neilson's defensive mindset.

This thread is reeking of vermin.. has to be.. lol; 

Aye right, it has to be right enough.

:qqb006:

Section Q

Think Robbie is very safe. It would take the crowds to drop for people high up at the club to take a bit of notice.

Or a Championship club down south looking for a young successful manager who's fans want him punted.

feck, me , imagine if we had finished in the bottom six, Samaritans maybe.. thank feck you are in the minority of Hearts fans who feel this way, tell me why we had 16 home sell outs on the trot....  

The minority eh?

The plane hirers and the "Neilson oot now" boys are in the minority.

However I think you would be surprised at the number of other sensible Hearts fans who are now becoming pretty pissed of with Neilson/Levein 'safety first' tactics, and are now doubting if Robbie is the man to take us forward.

Malinga the Swinga

The vast majority of Hearts fans are more than happy with the at things have progressed in last 2 seasons. The vocal minority on Kickback are not representative of Hearts fans who attend matches home and away and it is doubtful whether most are actually Hearts fans at all.

The folk I go to matches with have the opinion that Kickback did its job when funds were required to save Hearts in mustering groups together, but they reckon that it is now just full of Hibees and malcontents with no idea on what the real world actually resembles.

Maybe about 1% of our support that go to games post on here and they are usually drowned out by the same people who only post when we lose and are never seen when we win.

Guess that is what happens when about 20 posters with their own agendas seek to dominate all Hearts related threads.

The minority eh?

The plane hirers and the "Neilson oot now" boys are in the minority.

However I think you would be surprised at the number of other sensible Hearts fans who are now becoming pretty pissed of with Neilson/Levein 'safety first' tactics, and are now doubting if Robbie is the man to take us forward.

You're clearly a hibs fan mate.

Me too, come to think of it :laugh:

JamboJohn1874

New stand, increased capacity, 3rd best support in Scotland, FoH contributions - you can have all that, but if you have a coach and DOF who's ingrained philosophy is not to attack teams we will win FA!

16 home sell outs is great achievement but how long will fans put up with a shite product out on the park tactics reek of DOF that's why next manager or coach will be another yes man who does or adopts the style philosophy thats put in front of him robbie not capable of standing up to DOF in terms of tactics as he will be told in no uncertain circumstances that he can leave desperate for the job IMO

Yeh we attacked the part timers last year - did we attack Rangers and Hibs????

There is no excuse for Neilson setting us up in a defensive formation in nearly every game - not just against Celtic on Saturday, but against Motherwell last week.  FFS we had nothing to lose in these games!

No pace in the top league?? - aye right the defenders we are up against are lightning right enough.

Not having a go at you personally, but I've read quite a few people saying that Sow's exit was a game-changer in terms of our outlook.

When I see this I think back to the 2-2 draw at Rugby Park on 2nd January.

Sow was on the bench that day and Billy King hadn't left yet.

King was tearing their right back to shreds and their RB was a stick-on for a sending off.

Paterson scored for us and King was imediately subbed for Sow. Nicholson was on the right and everyone assumed that he would switch over onto the left wing and continue pressurising their RB but no, Neilson decided to play Sow on the left of midfield (where he isn't suited) and left their RB off the hook. Kilmarnock then grabbed the impetus and got on top.

He then subbed a striker (Reilly) for a midfeilder (Zanatta) trying to hold out for the 2-1 and Killie equalised within 5 minutes. In the end we were lucky to get the draw.

Neilson's tactics done us that day and they done us again when Killie got their 1-1 at Tynecastle too. Both times we were ahead and tried to defend the game out instead of going for the jugular. And Kilmarnock are shite.

Selling Sow hasn't helped, but neither has Neilson's defensive mindset.

Remember it is Neilson's first season in the top league. Before February he tried playing Juanma wide right but he learned that didn't work. He's also learning as the games go by.

I think him being a right back as a player it's not as natural for him to constantly push forward but who's to say if for example in that Killie game we'd kept attacking and burned out and lost 3-2, bringing on Zanatta isn't exactly as defensive as if he'd brought on someone like Gomis, he's still an attacking midfielder.

The vast majority of Hearts fans are more than happy with the at things have progressed in last 2 seasons. The vocal minority on Kickback are not representative of Hearts fans who attend matches home and away and it is doubtful whether most are actually Hearts fans at all.

The folk I go to matches with have the opinion that Kickback did its job when funds were required to save Hearts in mustering groups together, but they reckon that it is now just full of Hibees and malcontents with no idea on what the real world actually resembles.

Maybe about 1% of our support that go to games post on here and they are usually drowned out by the same people who only post when we lose and are never seen when we win.

Guess that is what happens when about 20 posters with their own agendas seek to dominate all Hearts related threads.

The vast majority of Hearts fans are delighted that Ann Budge is in control of our financies, the success of FoH, and the new stand - do not kid your self that the vast majority of Hearts fans are happy with the dire football on show driven by Neilson's tinkering and 'safety first' tactics.

Walking along the Wheatfield concourse, and in the pub, after the Celtic game I can assure you the vast majority of Hearts fans were less that delighted with Neilson's failure to have a go AGAIN.

Archived