If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

kingdannyb

If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?  

916 members have voted

1. 1. If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

• Hibs
    • Sevco

Anyone who claims to be a fan of Hearts and also claims they want H1b5 to win the Scottish Cup would make their first statement claim a false one.

I hope the not won since 1902 continues year after year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FenderJaguar7

Anyone who claims to be a fan of Hearts and also claims they want H1b5 to win the Scottish Cup would make their first statement claim a false one.

I hope the not won since 1902 continues year after year.

It will mate, it will.

Just remember the famous words of Lewis Stevenson from 2012 for comfort-

"If they win then nuffin changes but if we win then everyfin changes eh".

Phil Dunphy

Ps I AM a season ticket holder and PHM, before anyone asks!!

A PHM wouldn't want Hibs to win the cup.

**** them and everyone associated with them.

Definite Hearts fan!!! :rofl:

Cracking player though, hope we keep him.

Buy him, you mean.

Anyone who wants a vermin win is not a Hearts fan. Any who claim to be are interloping vermin. 

I don't know a single Hearts fan in all my friends and family that would even contemplate a vermin SC win.

From a personal point of view, all the Hibs fans that I know are decent guys who have no delusions of grandieur but after yesterdays result just about all the Rangers fans I know are full of the 'back where we belong' and 'retribution for everybody who voted us down' crap so I'll be quite happy if Hibs win it!

Son Of Anarchy

Yeah it was on Calder Road just past the fire station. The driver wouldn't let us off lol

We got off just before that. One punched the door as we stopped. My son and I started fighting fighting with two of them but that boozer was full of them so we departed sharpish before they all arrived. Detest them and want them dead.

I just can't bring myself to support hibs in anything. Their pain in losing another final is just what they deserve for the way they acted in our hour of need. FTH.

hearts_crazy

Voted Sevco, but frankly I want both sets of fans to have running battles before the game, game gets cancelled and both teams are disqualified and fined more than they can afford to pay back, resultlng in both going into administration, Hibs drop 15 points, (having been pumped in the play-offs) and end up, at the end of next season having to stay in the Championship for another season.  Sevco drop 25 points for going into admin again and end up back in the Championship season after next, which they fail to win and stay down there with Hibs for another season..........etc etc.

loveofthegame

Staggered that there is even one single Hearts fan on the planet that would ever, ever want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup. Ever. Beyond my comprehension.

Staggered that there is even one single Hearts fan on the planet that would ever, ever want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup. Ever. Beyond my comprehension.

Literally defies logic.

luckyBatistuta

These people claiming they want their hibs mates to see hibs win it. :wtf:

Every one of my hibs mates want us to lose every game we play, just as I do them. We are still the best of pals, as it is just a game of football. Hate rangers, but hibs to lose in absolutely everything they are involved in as a club.

:fth:

Rangers and Celtic winning trophies has zero impact on my life.  The arse cheeks of Scotland will always win them.  Celtic winning title # 4,562 and the Huns winning the Scottish Cup for the 547th time is a complete non event.  Those deluded sewer rats from Lochend winning the Scottish Cup would be an effing nightmare.  Seriously, an effing nightmare.  I'd rather they got promoted than win that.  I will tell you now and make no bones about it I will be cheering as loud as any Rangers fan come the Final.

jack D and coke

This is kinda how im looking at it as well pal.

Hearts fans wanting a Hibs cup win?.....

:cornette:

Rangers and Celtic winning trophies has zero impact on my life. The arse cheeks of Scotland will always win them. Celtic winning title # 4,562 and the Huns winning the Scottish Cup for the 547th time is a complete non event. Those deluded sewer rats from Lochend winning the Scottish Cup would be an effing nightmare. Seriously, an effing nightmare. I'd rather they got promoted than win that. I will tell you now and make no bones about it I will be cheering as loud as any Rangers fan come the Final.

Rise above it, what's the issue? Can't you take the banter? Why do you care so much about what Hibs fans think? You leave yourself open to ridicule with comments like that.

Gorgie_Rules

Folk saying they wouldnt mind hibs winning it are kidding themselves, lets them save face a little to gloating hibs fans if they do win it

If they win it then so be it, we've seen it 3 times in recent memory including thumping them in the first Edinburgh derby final for over 100 years. If there was ever a proper time for them to lose the hoodoo that was it, and we rogered them.

I dont give hibs much of a chance to be honest, Rangers will be right up for it after the past few years and they hate hibs, also a chance at Europe for them

Hearts fans wanting a Hibs cup win?.....

... in preference to a Sevco "we're back, WATP" zillion-page supplement in all the papers, kind of way, yes.

Small price to pay.

Rise above it, what's the issue? Can't you take the banter? Why do you care so much about what Hibs fans think? You leave yourself open to ridicule with comments like that.

But their Scottish Cup drought is the bulk of our 'banter'.

No, it's now 'Hibsed it'.

But that wont have much clout if they win the Cup tho.

I cannot believe that ANY Hearts fan in any shape or form would want the Bitters to win the Scottish Cup!!!

luckyBatistuta

... in preference to a Sevco "we're back, WATP" zillion-page supplement in all the papers, kind of way, yes.

Small price to pay.

Which is what you hear at a game against them. Only have a couple of mates who are rangers fans and they don't really say that much, as they are used to winning trophies and I can live with that?just. I do have loads of mates who are hibs fans, as I live in the capital and they can't wait to start coming out with their plish the second they get a couple of good results in a row?this I can't live with. Also, all the other ones that you didn't even know liked football, giving it hibs are this and hibs are that. #### the hibs, hope they never win another trophy, never mind this one.

:fth:

OmiyaHearts

I cannot believe that ANY Hearts fan in any shape or form would want the Bitters to win the Scottish Cup!!!

It's bizarre. I'd ban them from Tynecastle.

From a personal point of view, all the Hibs fans that I know are decent guys who have no delusions of grandieur but after yesterdays result just about all the Rangers fans I know are full of the 'back where we belong' and 'retribution for everybody who voted us down' crap so I'll be quite happy if Hibs win it!

afraid that is where I am at now, or getting there. I never knew I had so many rangers fans on facebook as it has been inundated with huns gloating since yesterday. I have family and close friends that are hibs fans and I am gradually coming round to preferring them to win it. Can't say I will be cheering them on and I did vote in the poll for a rangers win but that was before the weekend

Interesting that before the game, the percentage voting Hibs over Sevco was <9%.

It's now >12%.

But that change takes quite a swing in new voters to achieve.

Bazzas right boot

My top 3 hates list in Scottish football is;

1. Celtic

2.rangers

3. Hibs

I've been supporting Hearts for 35 years and hibs have never really given us any reason to hate them over that period, bar the odd bad result. We've had our fun out of the 1902 thing and I'd prefer a team outwith the OF to win a cup/league any day of the week.

Also, I've got more friends who are hibs fans than rangers or celtic so would be happy for them to see their team win something decent, after all the misery they've suffered over the years!

I'm with you. I voted rangers, but the media is already in overdrive and pissing me off, hearing rangers fan singing yesterday I forgot how vile the institution is.

Vote change to hibs.

It will hurt, but it will go away.

Also be funny if they win it in a season they don't get promoted. Classic case of winning but losing at the sane time- only hibs!

But that wont have much clout if they win the Cup tho.

Winning the big cup would be a massive monkey off their back, there's no denying it...but....by the time the final comes round, they could be a confirmed Championship side.

That's Hibsing it in anyone's book !

I dont give hibs much of a chance to be honest, Rangers will be right up for it after the past few years and they hate hibs, also a chance at Europe for them

This. Just think about the joy when yet again they Hibs it in the cup and in the play offs.

There are two lower league sides are in the final and Hibs STILL can't win it! It's brilliant! Then they have the play offs to endure also. By the end of the "treble winning season" they will still be in the championship and will have been rogered in the cup final

It's like watching that scene over and over again where Del Boy falls through the bar . You know it's coming but every time you see it it is as funny as the first time. Comedic gold.

Hard choice. In the end I went for H1b5.

Everything about Sevco for me represents what is wrong with Scottish Football - Corruption. Arrogance. Rule breaking. Tax dodging. Cheating. Establishment handshakes that have deals done to favour the few. Sectarianism. Sicophantic journalism ... the list goes on.

H1b5 may have their day in the sun and that will hurt but at best they are good rivals and at worst a joke club with some embarrassing fans (we all have them). As far as we know they havent broken rules or colluded with the authorities to gain sporting advantage.

Winning the big cup would be a massive monkey off their back, there's no denying it...but....by the time the final comes round, they could be a confirmed Championship side.

That's Hibsing it in anyone's book !

I was looking at the fixtures and if they finish 3rd and get to p/o final then they have 13 games remaining.  That is 13 games in 5 weeks.  There is no way this will not have a detrimental effect on them.  It is a big big ask for any side.

Rudolf's Mate

I've also got family and friends who are Hibs fans. Despite my comments about never and not a chance, before admin I'd have quietly said I'd have been OK about it for them. Not a chance now!

Also people trying to justify it by saying Sevco will be unbearable. Sevco are Sevco and will always be like that however they won't even be close to how bad Hibs would be if they won it!

mikescotland

For them to miss out on the SC, ideally in some sort of "how the hell did they manage to screw that up" way would just be the icing on the cake for me after the season they've had.

I really don't want either of them to win it, but the zombies winning it really wouldn't have any impact on my life whereas I'd never hear the end of it if that mob mange to not hibs it up. Honestly though, they're already setting themselves up for a fall - I'm expecting somewhere is already cranking out SC winners scarves in some Leith sweatshop.

I was looking at the fixtures and if they finish 3rd and get to p/o final then they have 13 games remaining.  That is 13 games in 5 weeks.  There is no way this will not have a detrimental effect on them.  It is a big big ask for any side.

Too big an ask for them I feel.

They looked done on Saturday even before all this kicks off.

For them to miss out on the SC, ideally in some sort of "how the hell did they manage to screw that up" way would just be the icing on the cake for me after the season they've had.

I really don't want either of them to win it, but the zombies winning it really wouldn't have any impact on my life whereas I'd never hear the end of it if that mob mange to not hibs it up. Honestly though, they're already setting themselves up for a fall - I'm expecting somewhere is already cranking out SC winners scarves in some Leith sweatshop.

It's 1/1000000000000000 that they've ordered a t-shirt with "Hibs'd It' on in case they win.

These will become collectors items for Hearts fans

loveofthegame

Too big an ask for them I feel.

They looked done on Saturday even before all this kicks off.

It is a very interesting one - the balance between Hibs having, probably, 13 games in 5 weeks and Rangers having just 5.

The big issue for Rangers is that after they play St Mirren on 1 May in their last Championship league game they have a full 3 weeks (20 days) without a game. In anyone's book, that is far too long. I'm sure they will get a couple of friendlies arranged but clearly it isn't the same.

It will be interesting to see how Hibs congested fixture list v Rangers underprep will work out - it is a game that really could go either way.

It is a very interesting one - the balance between Hibs having, probably, 13 games in 5 weeks and Rangers having just 5.

The big issue for Rangers is that after they play St Mirren on 1 May in their last Championship league game they have a full 3 weeks (20 days) without a game. In anyone's book, that is far too long. I'm sure they will get a couple of friendlies arranged but clearly it isn't the same.

It will be interesting to see how Hibs congested fixture list v Rangers underprep will work out - it is a game that really could go either way.

Indeed.

The momentum of playing big games could benefit Hibs.

If they finish third and lose to Raith, that all goes out the window.....perfectly possible for them !

Bazzas right boot

Literally defies logic.

The logic is sound.

Rangers are a vile institution who's fans so hate us and cannot wait to put clubs like us back in our place.

I want to prolong this.

The media...

I need say no more

Ranger's will be competiting with us next year. Them winning the sc strengthens them.hibs might not even be in the same league.

Again, simple logic.

I hate the of. I think they are the scourge of our game.

I hope hearts are competing with rangers and celtic. Therefore these clubs will bother us more.

Hibs winning the cup, gives their fans one over us.... Maybe, they might still be in the championship, they could hardly gloat!

I love Hearts more than I hate hibs.

That logical enough.

I don't overly disagree with most preffering rangers over hibs, each to their own.

The logic is sound.

Rangers are a vile institution who's fans so hate us and cannot wait to put clubs like us back in our place.

I want to prolong this.

The media...

I need say no more

Ranger's will be competiting with us next year. Them winning the sc strengthens them.hibs might not even be in the same league.

Again, simple logic.

I hope hearts are competing with rangers and celtic. Therefore these clubs will bother us more.

Hibs winning the cup, gives their fans one over us.... Maybe, they might still be in the championship, they could hardly gloat!

That logical enough.

I don't overly disagree with most preffering rangers over hibs, each to their own.

Seriously, think about this.  Edinburgh the day after they win.  

The logic is sound.

Hibs are a vile institution who's fans so hate us and cannot wait to put Hearts fans back in our place by finally winning the SC.

I want to prolong this.

The media...

I need say no more

Again, simple logic.

That logical enough.

Sorted that for you.

As I have said before Rangers winning cup # 1,254 changes nothing in our life.  The dynamics really would change if Hibs do not 'Hibs' this.

As I have said before Rangers winning cup # 1,254 changes nothing in our life.  The dynamics really would change if Hibs do not 'Hibs' this.

Correct!

William H. Bonney

Seriously, think about this. Edinburgh the day after they win.

Aye, the day after.

Rangers win the cup and its all the media will talk about for months. I pity hibs. I ****ing hate rangers. They represent all thats wrong with Scottish football.

Oh dear.

I always want Rangers to lose, more than any other club.

But then, the 'since 1902' bragging rights are too funny; I can't bear the idea of losing these.

And again, more seriously, I have a good friend, a Hibee, who is terminally ill. I'm not saying I 'want' Hibs to win the Cup, but if they do I'll be pleased for him, especially, and for all of my many Hibee mates.

I'm pretty sure that, on the day, I'll be as far away from a TV as it is possible to be.

Aye, the day after.

Rangers win the cup and its all the media will talk about for months. I pity hibs. I ******* hate rangers. They represent all thats wrong with Scottish football.

Media is Facebook and Twitter nowadays.  Newspapers are a thing of the past.  I am not on social media (well a Facebook I very rarely use) and I rarely go to the shite pit that is Glasgow.  Does not bother me 1 bit.

Seriously, think about this.  Edinburgh the day after they win.

It won't be any different to when we won it in 1998, 2006 or 2012, football fans celebrating and rubbing their rivals noses in it at every opportunity, but I don't live in Edinburgh so it won't affect me in the same way.

Archived