If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

kingdannyb

If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?  

916 members have voted

1. 1. If it's a Hibs v Sevco Final, who do you want to win ?

• Hibs
    • Sevco

This poll should be made public - name and shame!

I voted Hibs. I wanted them promoted over Rangers too. But then I'm from a generation that grew up without the internet and didn't see much wrong with going to Hibs games with Hibee mates now and then when Hearts were away. Entertainment-wise, Hibs are the best local rivals you could ask for. I won't begrudge them their first cup win in 100 odd years if they manage it in return for all the free amusement they've provided. However, there is literally nothing entertaining, funny or anything else positive about Rangers. They're an embarrassment in Scotland and abroad. I thought they might try to reinvent the club but if anything they've become worse.

As someone else said, it's more a question of not wanting Rangers to win than having some burning desire to see Hibs lift  the cup.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
William H. Bonney

Do you really believe that Hibs winning the SC wouldn't change anything?

What would it change. What could they possibly brag about. One Scottish cup win in over 100 years. Sure leith will be buzzing for weeks, maybe months to come but it will die down. They will most certainly still be in the championship.

Meanwhile we will be in the premiership building on the previous season.

Bazzas right boot

Do you really believe that Hibs winning the SC wouldn't change anything?

It won't, in fact good chance they'll get worse look at ICT, stjohstone,

What would it change for Hearts?

the big show

i'm sure there a quite a few on here suffering from memory loss as to what this same manky mob hoped for and wen't out of there way to hold us up in administration etc etc . How anybody can forgive that beggars belief . they hate us to the core . 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

i'm sure there a quite a few on here suffering from memory loss as to what this same manky mob hoped for and wen't out of there way to hold us up in administration etc etc . How anybody can forgive that beggars belief . they hate us to the core .

Who is they? Most of the fans I know are reasonable, decent people.

William H. Bonney

Ditto. I think it really depends on who you associate yourself with.

I voted Hibs. I wanted them promoted over Rangers too. But then I'm from a generation that grew up without the internet and didn't see much wrong with going to Hibs games with Hibee mates now and then when Hearts were away. Entertainment-wise, Hibs are the best local rivals you could ask for. I won't begrudge them their first cup win in 100 odd years if they manage it in return for all the free amusement they've provided. However, there is literally nothing entertaining, funny or anything else positive about Rangers. They're an embarrassment in Scotland and abroad. I thought they might try to reinvent the club but if anything they've become worse.

As someone else said, it's more a question of not wanting Rangers to win than having some burning desire to see Hibs lift the cup.

Well said sir.

Me too. No issues with the hibee guys I know. Brand new most of them. People are confusing the Internet with reality again I fear...

Ditto. I think it really depends on who you associate yourself with.

Nail on head. If you associate with dicks the chances are you could be a dick.

Jambo 4 Ever

I voted for hibs. I'm not ashamed of it. They are an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things. A Scottish cup win will not change that.

Rangers however, that's a different story. A cup win for them and Europe beckons. That could mean new financial backing and more strengthening of the side. I can't believe any hearts supporter would want that.

This

As someone else said, it's more a question of not wanting Rangers to win than having some burning desire to see Hibs lift  the cup.

Exactly how I feel. We obviously come from the same generation.

FenderJaguar7

Nail on head. If you associate with dicks the chances are you could be a dick.

By associate do you mean the people agreeing on wanting H1b5 to win the Scottish Cup?

:verysmug:

:fth:

FenderJaguar7

As someone else said, it's more a question of not wanting Rangers to win than having some burning desire to see Hibs lift the cup.

I think it will be glorious watching messrs Wilson, Holt and Wallace smash H1b5 in the Scottish Cup Final. It will happen. Unlucky! :smile:

Well said. As a fiftysomething I saw Hibs win the league cup in 73 followed by some of the best football ever seen in Edinburgh. 

The thought of Sevco winning the cup and the bullshit fanfare of their "return" to Europe is too much to bear.

FenderJaguar7

Well said. As a fiftysomething I saw Hibs win the league cup in 73 followed by some of the best football ever seen in Edinburgh.

The thought of Sevco winning the cup and the bullshit fanfare of their "return" to Europe is too much to bear.

Aw diddums.

You can go down to Leith and mourn with them after they get pumped and talk about how "great" they used to play.

There's only one team in Edinburgh.

Aw diddums.

You can go down to Leith and mourn with them after they get pumped and talk about how "great" they used to play.

You are a total ****ing arsehole . I don't care if i get banned sine die for saying so. People like you make Kickback a cesspit of puerile comments.

You're right though - there is only one team in Edinburgh you feckin arsehoile.

I think it will be glorious watching messrs Wilson, Holt and Wallace smash H1b5 in the Scottish Cup Final. It will happen. Unlucky! :smile:

The funny thing is, if annoying Hibs fans is your objective, it would probably annoy them more if you said you wanted them to win. I hate it when English fans say they want Scotland to win a neutral game. It shows they don't consider us proper rivals.

Aw diddums.

Pretty rude and personal post to someone who made a decent constructive point. No need.

Pretty rude and personal post to someone who made a decent constructive point. No need.

I'm assuming his mum has caught him and turned the lights off so he gets to school on time.

I'm assuming his mum has caught him and turned the lights off so he gets to school on time.

It's not been his best day on here that's for sure.

Bungalow Bill

If it was a case of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup for the first time in 10-20 years, I honestly wouldn't care if they won it. But 1902 FFS, it doesn't matter who they play now, I want them pumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FenderJaguar7

Away and get your pancreas exam, creepy old man.

OmiyaHearts

Jamie Walker was definitely at the game in the Rangers end.

He was in the Rangers end at the South Stand. From what I heard seemed to really enjoy Rangers goals and win. It's maybe a discussion for another thread though.

FenderJaguar7

The funny thing is, if annoying Hibs fans is your objective, it would probably annoy them more if you said you wanted them to win. I hate it when English fans say they want Scotland to win a neutral game. It shows they don't consider us proper rivals.

I have great banter with my Hibs mates. I told one of them on the phone after the game I wanted them totally destroyed in the final. He said he would feel the same if it was the other way around.

Away and get your pancreas exam, creepy old man.

You're not doing yourself any favours buddy. If I was you I'd stop now before you get banned. Keep it civil.

FenderJaguar7

He was in the Rangers end at the South Stand. From what I heard seemed to really enjoy Rangers goals and win. It's maybe a discussion for another thread though.

It's not a secret he really likes Rangers. Another thread ages ago had him with a Rangers scarf at Ibrox. Think people here are in denial.

Rocky jamboa

My top 3 hates list in Scottish football is;

1. Celtic

2.rangers

3. Hibs

I've been supporting Hearts for 35 years and hibs have never really given us any reason to hate them over that period, bar the odd bad result. We've had our fun out of the 1902 thing and I'd prefer a team outwith the OF to win a cup/league any day of the week.

Also, I've got more friends who are hibs fans than rangers or celtic so would be happy for them to see their team win something decent, after all the misery they've suffered over the years!

FenderJaguar7

You're not doing yourself any favours buddy. If I was you I'd stop now before you get banned. Keep it civil.

Your on the wind up surely? The boys effin and blinding lol Have a word.

"Don't reply to the guy who's swearing at you, you'll get banned"

Jesus.

Rocky jamboa

My top 3 hates list in Scottish football is;

1. Celtic

2.rangers

3. Hibs

I've been supporting Hearts for 35 years and hibs have never really given us any reason to hate them over that period, bar the odd bad result. We've had our fun out of the 1902 thing and I'd prefer a team outwith the OF to win a cup/league any day of the week.

Also, I've got more friends who are hibs fans than rangers or celtic so would be happy for them to see their team win something decent, after all the misery they've suffered over the years!

Ps I AM a season ticket holder and PHM, before anyone asks!!

FTH and their fans, and their sympathisers.

True, not every Hibby is a .nut emailing cockroach but many egged them on and the majority wanted the worst case scenario for HMFC.

Play off and Scottish Cup flumps, swiftly followed by financial meltdown and closure is the ideal scenario, Hibs wise.

FenderJaguar7

Well I have supported Hearts my whole life and I hate H1b5 because:

Me and my brother got jumped by two Hibs fans after a derby when we were 11 & 12. Hated them since that day.

Their fans used to break into the stairs at Roseburn when I lived there and do drugs and urinate outside peoples front doors before derbies and leave the whole place a mess. I also witnessed them on several occasions shouting at, harassing and scaring old people who were just quietly walking to the shops.

A Hibs fan threw a brick at our cup final bus window on the way back to Gorgie after the 5-1 game.

My mate got jumped 6 vs 1 on the night of the derby for no other reason than wearing a Hearts scarf.

They tried to get us liquidated with a ridiculous amount of emails to the Lithuanian administrators because they had nothing better to do.

They brand us cheats as their pathetic excuse of a football team were too scared and useless to turn up and play football against us on 19/05/12.

They sing the Wallace Mercer song at every derby.

They sing about our former players being refugees.

They sing racist songs against Christian Nade because he is black.

They are trying their best to scupper our plans for a new stand.

They claim to play the most dynamic, expansive brand of free flowing attacking football known to western europe yet continue to be regularly beaten by part time clubs in Scotland's second tier.

I hope they rot down where they belong for years to come.

You are a total ******* arsehole . I don't care if i get banned sine die for saying so. People like you make Kickback a cesspit of puerile comments.

You're right though - there is only one team in Edinburgh you feckin arsehoile.

I thought personal abuse was frowned upon. Or is it only when you're abusing Hibs sympathizers you're punished?

Strange place this has turned into recently. Dozens of so called Hearts fans in support of Hibs winning a Scottish cup and said posters seemingly given free reign to abuse Hearts fans who prefer the tramps to remain in their rightful place.

FTH. Always, under any circumstances.

With you absolutely on this. I'd back the Devil herself if playing the Hun...

Dead right Pal..

Ron Burgundy

I thought personal abuse was frowned upon. Or is it only when you're abusing Hibs sympathizers you're punished?

Strange place this has turned into recently. Dozens of so called Hearts fans in support of Hibs winning a Scottish cup and said posters seemingly given free reign to abuse Hearts fans who prefer the tramps to remain in their rightful place.

FTH. Always, under any circumstances.

Good post however to call them hearts supporters is wrong, they have a slight preference for us over them and most likely view "the Footy" the same way David Brent does in The Office.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Crikey, some folk are REALLY upset at the prospect of someone having a different opinion from them. :lol:

Would folk feel different if they hadn't knocked us out on the way to the final? don't think so somehow.

Rudolf's Mate

Would folk feel different if they hadn't knocked us out on the way to the final? don't think so somehow.

Wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. I'd actually forgotten they beat us. Now I've been reminded it's 'oh ****, I don't want them winning even more now!' The fact remains I just don't want them winning it.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

No PHM would want Hibs to win.

Better not renew my ST for the 20th year in a row next season then. :cornette:

chester copperpot

Better not renew my ST for the 20th year in a row next season then. :cornette:

Aye for which team.

I cannot believe how many Hearts fans would want hibs to win. I use the term fan loosely.

I know of absolutely zero. None. Zilch.

Harry Potter

Best in Edinburgh, u never watch the hearts team of 05/06.

Silvery_Moon

Well I have supported Hearts my whole life and I hate H1b5 because:

Me and my brother got jumped by two Hibs fans after a derby when we were 11 & 12. Hated them since that day.

Their fans used to break into the stairs at Roseburn when I lived there and do drugs and urinate outside peoples front doors before derbies and leave the whole place a mess. I also witnessed them on several occasions shouting at, harassing and scaring old people who were just quietly walking to the shops.

A Hibs fan threw a brick at our cup final bus window on the way back to Gorgie after the 5-1 game.

My mate got jumped 6 vs 1 on the night of the derby for no other reason than wearing a Hearts scarf.

They tried to get us liquidated with a ridiculous amount of emails to the Lithuanian administrators because they had nothing better to do.

They brand us cheats as their pathetic excuse of a football team were too scared and useless to turn up and play football against us on 19/05/12.

They sing the Wallace Mercer song at every derby.

They sing about our former players being refugees.

They sing racist songs against Christian Nade because he is black.

They are trying their best to scupper our plans for a new stand.

They claim to play the most dynamic, expansive brand of free flowing attacking football known to western europe yet continue to be regularly beaten by part time clubs in Scotland's second tier.

I hope they rot down where they belong for years to come.

Good post and pretty much how I see it.

I must have been on the same bus as you at the 5-1 game.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Aye for which team.

I cannot believe how many Hearts fans would want hibs to win. I use the term fan loosely.

I know of absolutely zero. None. Zilch.

FFS. :lol:

I'm out of this thread, it's mental how upset some folk are getting about it.

chester copperpot

FFS. :lol:

I'm out of this thread, it's mental how upset some folk are getting about it.

What's mental is Hearts 'fans' wanting vermin scum to win the Scottish cup.

And fwiw my best man is a hibee and a decent guy but do I want hibs to win the cup for him.

Do I ****!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

What's mental is Hearts 'fans' wanting vermin scum to win the Scottish cup.

And fwiw my best man is a hibee and a decent guy but do I want hibs to win the cup for him.

Do I ****!

:lol: Your best man is a "decent guy" but also "vermin scum" at the same time. Great stuff.

FenderJaguar7

Good post and pretty much how I see it.

I must have been on the same bus as you at the 5-1 game.

Yeah it was on Calder Road just past the fire station. The driver wouldn't let us off lol

chester copperpot

:lol: Your best man is a "decent guy" but also "vermin scum" at the same time. Great stuff.

When we play hibs. Yes.

Archived