******The Official EUROPEAN ( merged ) Thread******

Statto

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the best result Trencin winning. Tomorrow night there is a massive game for us. 2 seeds at stake, Slovan Bratislava (who we need to win the league) face Spartak Trnava (who we need to finish outside the top-4.

If Bratislava lose, they're 9 behind with 5 to play and Trnava may move into the top-4. MASSIVE game.

Statto this even tops the old dot counting threads, there I've said it!!

Top work mate

Thanks.

Admira 2-1 up in the Semi. Were 1-0 down.

FT, Admira in the final.

Red Bull Salzburg face Austria Vienna tomorrow in the other Semi final. Salzburg have already qualified for Europe so they'd be the best option to get through. Even if Vienna win, as long as they finish top-3, it means Admira can finish 4th, as well as 3rd.

August Landmesser

I love this thread.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Superb! Always loved these in European years!!

So supporting Bratislava tonight, easy! Great city! Me and a couple mates stayed in Bratislava for couple nights before going on to Vienna for Flogel's testimonial against Austria Vienna. Except the lad organising got the time wrong (and the stadium wrong!) and we rocked up an hour in! Weren't gonna let us in until the other Jambo's there came down and persuaded the stewards. Took some stick that night like!! 

Today's games - Wednesday 20th April.

Austria

Red Bull Salzburg v Austria Vienna, Cup Semi Final, 7.30pm kick off

We need Admira to not win the cup (Finalists) and finish 3rd (currently 5th), or 4th if the Cup winner has qualified for Europe. Red Bull Salzburg have already qualified for Europe so they are the better option to win this Semi Final, although Austria Vienna currently occupy a Europa League position, so it's not terrible if they win, it would just mean we'd need to rely on more results to go our way.

Croatia

Hadjuk Split v Lokomotiva, 6pm kick off

We need Lokomotiva to finish 3rd/4th (depending on the Cup winner). A Lokomotiva win would put them 5 clear of 5th with 4 games left.

Israel

Hapoel Be'er Sheva v Maccabi Haifa, Cup Semi Final, 6.30pm kick off

We need Maccabi Haifa to not win the cup and finish outside the top-3 or 4 in the league (depending on the Cup winner). We want Hapoel Be'er Sheva to win. Maccabi Haifa are 5th, 2 points behind 4th with 6 games left.

Serbia

Spartak Subotica v Partizan, Cup Semi Final, 3.30pm kick off

We need Red Star to win the league and Partizan to not win the cup and finish outside the top-3. We want Subotica to win.

Slovakia

Slovan Bratislava v Spartak Trnava, 4.55pm kick off

We need Bratislava to win the league for one seed, they're 9 behind with 5 games to go + a game in hand. We also need Trnava to finish outside the top-4, they're 1 point behind 4th with 6 games to go. A Bratislava win could contribute to 2 seeding places.

Zilina v Senica, 7pm kick off

As above, Zilina are the team in 4th, we want Zilina to win.

The Serbian Cup Semi final (3.30pm) and Austrian Cup Semi final (7.30pm) will be streamed live on bet365 if anyone is interested in watching the games and has an account.

The daily updates on who to support are ideal. Flashscore app updated for the day ahead

Gorgie_Rules

Whats the European seeding accumulator to get favouriting on livescore tonight then? Top work Statto :thumbsup:

Edit: if we win the first round as a seeded team, and we know we are going to be seeded the 2nd round, does that mean we can nail down a date for the home/away legs the second round or will it still be luck of the draw?

This thread is amazing.  May I make a humble suggestion to anyone contributing: If you would put teams who we need to succeed long-term in green and teams we need to implode in red, it'll present context clues (especially useful when reading this thread upon waking up in the morning).  A team that just happens to be the one we need to beat or lose to a red or green team that day could just remain normal text colour since they only matter in the short run.

We_are_the_Hearts

This thread is amazing.  May I make a humble suggestion to anyone contributing: If you would put teams who we need to succeed long-term in maroon and teams we need to implode in green, it'll present context clues (especially useful when reading this thread upon waking up in the morning).  A team that just happens to be the one we need to beat or lose to a red or green team that day could just remain normal text colour since they only matter in the short run.

FTFY

The daily updates on who to support are ideal. Flashscore app updated for the day ahead

Same, although it's the FotMob app for me

IveSeenTheLight

Very interesting thread guys.

One thing to consider, is whether you actually want to be seeded in the 2nd round. I'll explain.

If you are not the seeded side in the 2nd rounds and manage to beat the seeded team, you take on their seeding for the 3rd round qualifier.

This happened last year when we beat Rijeka.

The benefits is that you could get an unseeded team in the 3rd round draw and potentially an easier tie to go for the Europa League stage.

If you are seeded for the 2nd round and win the tie, you retain your own coefficient rating and WILL be unseeded for the 3rd round tie.

I note that your inclusion in Europe in 11/12 and 12/13, means you are seeded higher than us and potentially will also next year depending on our runs in Europe next campaign.

222equal.png50120.pngHeart of Midlothian FC SCO 2.050 2.360 0.650 0.800 0.600 6.460

247equal.png50122.pngAberdeen FC               SCO 0.550 0.860 0.650 1.800 1.600

Should we both get to the same round, (using the 3rd round as an example) potentially your going to drop say half a point, whilst we should gain a point

Spartak Subotica v Partizan

Subotica lost 3-0 :(

Slovan Bratislava v Spartak Trnava

Slovan B up 2-0 at half time :)

Edit. And just scored a 3rd in 47 mins

Very interesting thread guys.

One thing to consider, is whether you actually want to be seeded in the 2nd round. I'll explain.

If you are not the seeded side in the 2nd rounds and manage to beat the seeded team, you take on their seeding for the 3rd round qualifier.

This happened last year when we beat Rijeka.

The benefits is that you could get an unseeded team in the 3rd round draw and potentially an easier tie to go for the Europa League stage.

If you are seeded for the 2nd round and win the tie, you retain your own coefficient rating and WILL be unseeded for the 3rd round tie.

We definitely want to be seeded in the 2nd round. In order to be seeded for the 3rd round we'd need to beat one of the very highest seeded teams in Round 2 anyway (e.g. Malmo, Genk, Midtjylland) and even then we could just as easily get a good non-seeded team in Round 3. I'd much sooner hope to beat Linfield or Levadia Tallinn and hope to cause an upset in the following round than I would bank on (a) getting one of the top 5 or 6 seeds in Round 2 (B) beating them and © getting a very winnable tie in Round 3.

Slovan Bratislava v Spartak Trnava

Finished 4-1, the way we wanted.

Hajduk Split v Lokomotiva

2 goals in last 15 minutes resulted in a 2-0 win for Hajduk, not what we wanted.

Hapoel Be'er Sheva v Maccabi Haifa

Currently 2-0 to Maccabi with about 15 to go, not what we wanted.

Zilina v Senica

0-0 at half time

Red Bull Salzburg v Austria Vienna

Vienna 1-0 up after half an hour. Not ideal but not the end of the world either.

Red Bull Salzburg scored 5 in the last 35 minutes to eventually win 5-2. :)

Need them to win the Final now.

We_are_the_Hearts

How's it looking for being seeded in the 2nd round now?

How's it looking for being seeded in the 2nd round now?

It will be close, it's looking like it will be within 2 or 3 teams either way. It could come down to the last couple of games. Most will be confirmed during May in the Cup Finals.

Admira Wacking Modling....what a name !...V Salzburg on May 19th.

The only Final worth bothering about that weekend !

Keep up the good work, Statto.

Today's games - Thursday 21st April.

Bolded maroon - want them to win

Bottle green - want them to lose

Israel

Bnei Sakhnin v Maccabi Tel Aviv, Cup Semi Final, 6.30pm kick off

We need Maccabi Haifa (Finalists) to not win the Cup AND either finish outside the top-3 if Bnei Sakhnin win the Cup or outside the top-4 if Maccabi Tel Aviv win the Cup. Maccabi Haifa are currently 5th, 2 points behind 4th with 5 games to go. They are unable to finish top-3, so if Bnei Sakhnin wins tonight, all we will need is for them to win the Final, if Maccabi Tel Aviv win tonight, we will need them to win the Final plus results to go our way in the league. However, Maccabi Tel Aviv are the better team and more likely to win the final if they get there.

Really don't know what would be better for this.

Denmark

AGF Aarhus v AaB Aalborg (2-0), Cup Semi Final 2nd leg, 7pm kick off

We need AGF Aarhus to win the Cup. They're 2-0 up after the first leg. Away goals rule applies.

The Danish Cup game will be streamed on bet365 if you wish to watch.

Brilliant.

Hopefully we sneak a seeded place and get a good draw in the 3rd round.......getting way ahead of myself here but it feels great.

Even if they get to the final it's a very long shot as they'd be up against FC Copenhagen as far as I can tell

Twitter saying Aarhus fans celebrating scoring the second goal ran in the pitch with flares and game abandoned. If that's right they'll maybe get kicked out the cup :lol:

Edit. Now getting a full time notification suggesting game was restarted and finished.

Never a dull moment in the Hearts European thread :thumbsup:

Archived