summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

Scott Allan will be playing for hearts next season.

And how would you possibly know that?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Future's Maroon

Scott Allan will be playing for hearts next season.

So will Jason Cummings....and Gary Mackay Steven, oh...and Wayne Rooney.

Am I playing this game right?

The Future's Maroon

Permanent mate. Free, been going on for months. I'll pm you.

PM me also!

I ask first and get a sarcastic reply. Others do and get fecking pm's fired at them. Shan times!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

And you know this for certain?

Yes the poster could be mis-informed or just making things up. Either way Scott Allan isn't signing for Hearts this summer.

Yes the poster could be mis-informed or just making things up. Either way Scott Allan isn't signing for Hearts this summer.

Fair enough, we'll see what happens in the summer. Could certainly do with a attacking midfielder anyway.

Watt-Zeefuik

Your real name isn't also Kramer by any chance is it?  Because then we could call this Kramer vs. Kramer....

scott herbertson

Fat and unreliable ... we don't need Scott Allan.

How do you know Kramer's fat?

IveSeenTheLight

Theres a rumour on the Aberdeen site that we are interested in Nicholson.

Apparently (from a neighbour of Nicholson's dad), we had an offer accepted for him last year (maybe two) when Hearts were in the Championship.

A deal was agreed with Hearts and the agent.
He spoke with DM and advised although his wages would have more than doubled, he would not be guaranteed a start as he would be competing with Hayes and McGinn, but saw him developing into an established first team player.

His agent was promoting Nicholson to accept, but Nicholson's dad, convinced him to stay at Hearts to get more gametime. (you've got to agree this was the right thing for him)

All rumours, but may add weight to the rumour of us going back in for him.

Any rumours from your end on the same?

Apparently (from a neighbour of Nicholson's dad), we had an offer accepted for him last year (maybe two) when Hearts were in the Championship.

He spoke with DM and advised although his wages would have more than doubled, he would not be guaranteed a start as he would be competing with Hayes and McGinn, but saw him developing into an established first team player.

His agent was promoting Nicholson to accept, but Nicholson's dad, convinced him to stay at Hearts to get more gametime. (you've got to agree this was the right thing for him)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha why would he go to a smaller club who's current team has peaked?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wouldn't imagine now he is older and an established SPFL player, he would be willing to take a step down, even if Aberdeen could afford him.

When Nicholson signed a new contract I am sure that Levein said it would be the best bit of business Hearts did that summer.

With that in mind I do doubt that we accepted a bid from Aberdeen last year as I am fairly sure they wouldn't be throwing around much more than 200k or 300k which I am fairly certain we'd have thought was far too low.

IveSeenTheLight

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha why would he go to a smaller club who's current team has peaked?

Wouldn't imagine now he is older and an established SPFL player, he would be willing to take a step down, even if Aberdeen could afford him.

To both your posts, indeed the opportunity may be missed and it may be harder to attract him to a move.

I have heard, that your wage bill is comparatively low in SPFL terms and there are a few players who could be lured, unless Hearts look to address this (which they might well do).

I've heard that MgHee and Paterson are looking to get better deals elsewhere

Incidentally, this is not a dig, heard Rashford at Man Utd is still on youth wages and paid very little, but is being offered an improved contract, so it happens everywhere

IveSeenTheLight

When Nicholson signed a new contract I am sure that Levein said it would be the best bit of business Hearts did that summer.

With that in mind I do doubt that we accepted a bid from Aberdeen last year as I am fairly sure they wouldn't be throwing around much more than 200k or 300k which I am fairly certain we'd have thought was far too low.

Potentially, I do not know for sure.

Just heard this from a Hearts supporter who lived next to Nicholson's dad, but it could have been bullsh!t.

I could have seen it as plausible last year / two years ago when you went down, but don;t see it coming off myself, just interested to know if you heard similarly or not.

Incidentally, did he sign a new deal after being offered an improvement to stay?

He has had a poor season overall IMO. We'll probably want to keep a hold of him to see if he has more development in him but he's standing still at this stage. Probably he isn't going anywhere but if you make an acceptable offer I don't think we'd stop him going and we wouldn't be overly damaged letting him go. Many think Billy King is a better player.

To both your posts, indeed the opportunity may be missed and it may be harder to attract him to a move.

I have heard, that your wage bill is comparatively low in SPFL terms and there are a few players who could be lured, unless Hearts look to address this (which they might well do).

Incidentally, this is not a dig, heard Rashford at Man Utd is still on youth wages and paid very little, but is being offered an improved contract, so it happens everywhere

McGhee is probably off at the end of the season. He isn't quite good enough for Hearts and he wouldn't get a start at Aberdeen either.

Paterson, is worth more than Aberdeen could pay.

We are not signing Scott Allan. Take that to the bookies :)

I stated a couple of months ago that Allan was wanted by Hearts. Interest is very serious and I think the likelihood is he'll be a Hearts player next season

I stated a couple of months ago that Allan was wanted by Hearts. Interest is very serious and I think the likelihood is he'll be a Hearts player next season

Did you not say that interest was strong but we hadn't made an approach. That's a bit of a contradiction so I wrote it off as a spraff TBH

IveSeenTheLight

McGhee is probably off at the end of the season. He isn't quite good enough for Hearts and he wouldn't get a start at Aberdeen either.

Paterson, is worth more than Aberdeen could pay.

Don;t miss-understand me, I wasn't suggesting Paterson would end up at Pittodrie, I too agree he'll end up elsewhere, probably south in all honesty.

Was just talking about how your home grown developed players have an eye elsewhere to get better contracts.

It will be an interesting summer for Hearts on this front.

Will you keep Walker, Paterson, Nicholson, Mghee? Even Billy King, will he end up at Ibrokes?

Don;t miss-understand me, I wasn't suggesting Paterson would end up at Pittodrie, I too agree he'll end up elsewhere, probably south in all honesty.

Was just talking about how your home grown developed players have an eye elsewhere to get better contracts.

Will you keep Walker, Paterson, Nicholson, Mghee? Even Billy King, will he end up at Ibrokes?

Walker and Paterson are both bankable assets. Both for sale if we get the right offer. Both well in excess of ?1million IMO. Both will be at Hearts until we sell them for the right money, although we'll have to very careful not to let them run their deals down.

Nicholson I think we'll keep but he needs to push on, although he's a winger and they are notoriously inconsistent. ?500 k would get him IMO

MGhee . Needs to move. Isnt going to make it at Hearts. Will be allowed to leave for nothing IMO

Billy King. Hope we keep him but looks like he isn't rated by Neilson/Levein. Probably best for him that he moves to be honest.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This isn't a dig. He is out of your budget by some considerable distance.

Bazzas right boot

Fat and unreliable ... we don't need Scott Allan.

We don't have any fat and unreliable players, so surely we do need Allan to address this imbalance!

So how does an Aberdeen fan know all the behind the scenes activity at HMFC pray tell I am sure many more Jambos like me are dying to know your source. Or is it just shite you have heard from a mate texting a mate etc?

Winston Ingram

So how does an Aberdeen fan know all the behind the scenes activity at HMFC pray tell I am sure many more Jambos like me are dying to know your source. Or is it just shite you have heard from a mate texting a mate etc?

The guy asked a perfectly reasonable question about a Sam Nicholson rumour (which has also appeared elsewhere on here). No need to have a go at him.

Bazzas right boot

Walkers and Paterson' s injury might keep them here another year, I think both will accept improved deals with us over the summer, maximising our sale return.

Sam and billy are both typical wingers, need rested and rotated from time to time to keep them fresh and effective. Ironicly, billy going on loan has probably had a negative affect on Sam. Would like to keep them both.

McGhee will be away, souttar seems light years ahead of him and he has never shown anything other than being a bog standard SPL defender.

Jamie Walker has stated on numerous occassions that he is happy at Hearts and has no intentions of leaving. He is completely settled here with a young family

Nicholson I have no clue how he feels.

Patterson may be sold and I have a feeling Celtic may bid for him and use Scott Allan as part of the bargining. 1 mill plus Allan would be a great deal.

I think McGhee will go and probably to some team like St Johnstone which would be a good move for him

Bill King will stay IMO.

I have no inside Knowledge to back up the above claims

Bazzas right boot

You guys need a left back, we have one, world cup experience, only ?350k. Ono.

Bargain, even do a swap for shinnie, no fee and we pay the train fares?

Did you not say that interest was strong but we hadn't made an approach. That's a bit of a contradiction so I wrote it off as a spraff TBH

No no, an approach has been made and all parties seemingly receptive to a deal.

Wrote off as rubbish on here as Celtic seemingly won't sell to a title rival........

Yes I know.....

I'd swap Nicholson for Kenny McLean if the sheep were interested.

I wouldn't,hes still having nightmares about meeting Perry Kitchen.

GorgieRules22

I'll call shite on this rumour as I know someone who knows him personally.

Just out of curiosity though, how much do you think you's would get him for ?

I'll say that the price we would be willing to let him go for Aberdeen could never match.

The guy asked a perfectly reasonable question about a Sam Nicholson rumour (which has also appeared elsewhere on here). No need to have a go at him.

What are you on about for goodness sake I asked the guy how he knows what he is writing on here. He was not asking a question he was stating what he thinks is happening with Hearts players. Do you not think it reasonable to ask him how he knows this? I am not talking about Sam Nicholson but Walker and Paterson.

Watt-Zeefuik

Potentially, I do not know for sure.

Just heard this from a Hearts supporter who lived next to Nicholson's dad, but it could have been bullsh!t.

I could have seen it as plausible last year / two years ago when you went down, but don;t see it coming off myself, just interested to know if you heard similarly or not.

Incidentally, did he sign a new deal after being offered an improvement to stay?

I wouldn't be totally shocked at this, but I think Aberdeen would have to pay upwards of ?500k and perhaps throw in a youth player coming the other way.  I think Nicholson in general doesn't quite fit the way Neilson and Levein want to play, but he's too good to drop much of the time.  So, it wouldn't surprise me to see him move.

I think Nicholson moving and King getting a bit of his playing time is among the more likely scenarios for the summer.  I would be very surprised if King actually went to Ibrox permanently at this point -- I think the whole affair has been a good reality check for him, and I expect him to come back to Hearts and work harder.

LarrysRightFoot

I am not in the know but I would be surprised in the extreme if Nicholson went to Aberdeen.

1. Aberdeen have nowhere near the required funds to finance a deal - I would expect it would be a fee of ?750k minimum. Would they sweeten it by offering a Ryan Jack - I doubt it.

2. I cannot see Sam wanting to do to Aberdeen. If he leaves he will want to go down south or abroad IMO - although its been rumoured Rangers are interested.

Archived