summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

vlad on the tyne

Gordon Greer released by Brighton slightly worried Levien may be interested.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Livvyjambo

Rangers can probably afford the wages but not the transfer fees.

So it's wise for them to go for hard working players with some knowledge of what rangers and their fans demand. They'll find that closer to home.

Yes good post on they probably know what they are getting buying British players

LOL, we could do with a left back to let Shinnie play in midfield, else a strong midfielder and let Shinnie play at left back

We're (as fans) not interested in Oshiniwa though.

In fairness, I'm really surprised that Shinnie is with us. He could play at a far higher level.

Yeah hes definitely the best left back in the league.

Gordon Greer released by Brighton slightly worried Levien may be interested.

I wouldn't be worried. He's well capable of playing a season at our level to great effect. Him and Ozturk together could be immense.

We_are_the_Hearts

I wouldn't be worried. He's well capable of playing a season at our level to great effect. Him and Ozturk together could be immense.

Indeed he hasnt looked out of place at International level.

Yeah hes definitely the best left back in the league.

I'm glad you didn't say defender.

In the Friday night game against the Sheep at Tynie recently I was not all that impressed.

Gordon Greer would be good experienced back up.

Was good enough to play for Scotland a couple of months ago and played 25 games last season for the team that finished 3rd in the second tier in England.

Never mind back-up, he'd be an excellent first choice CB for at least one year.

I could see Greer coming in to replace Augustyn.

If that happens I could see us going with 3 central defenders and 2 wing backs.

Livvyjambo

If that happens I could see us going with 3 central defenders and 2 wing backs.

Can't see it may be an option at times but 90 percent we will be back 4

Ryan Flynn released by Sheff Utd.

Only 27...Edinburgh boy...sound enough pedigree and played plenty games over last number of years down there.

When I have seen flashes in the odd Utd games on the TV never looked out of place and still has something about him.

Any Blades followers know a bit more about him and his current position??

Jambo 4 Ever

Only 27...Edinburgh boy...sound enough pedigree and played plenty games over last number of years down there.

When I have seen flashes in the odd Utd games on the TV never looked out of place and still has something about him.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/falkirk-winger-ryan-flynn-waits-on-hearts-offer-1-1649629

We were interested in him In the past it seems...

I've seen him look really good for them.

At our level I'd take him in a heartbeat if he's fit.

with McGhee likely to leave too

No big loss if you ask me. Nothing against him I just don't see any progress from 2 years ago.

Livvyjambo

No big loss if you ask me. Nothing against him I just don't see any progress from 2 years ago.

Scotland 21 captain not had a run at centre half and poorly managed I reckon. With the clubs interested in him and middlesborough his likely destination they are seeing it . Hope we get a decent sell on clause

Europa league and cup runs galore.

We will be out of Europe before the league begins in all probability. Two cup runs will only mean a handful of extra games compared to this season. Don't need unnecessary baggage in the squad for that.

Allowayjambo1874

My mates a blades season ticket holder says he was ok this year but previous 2 seasons he was excellent.

However best position is right winger so unless Nicholson and/or King on way out doubt this is on cards.

This might be as good a place as any to start talking about our own club again.

Any further news?

Desperate to hear us linked with some goal threats.

alicante jambo

Hopefully we bring in new players quick and no wait till the season starts.Get the players knowing eachother and lets get off to a flying start.Need a couole of strikers for starters.

Unknown user

This might be as good a place as any to start talking about our own club again.

Any further news?

Desperate to hear us linked with some goal threats.

Hey Stokes played well in yesterday's scottish cup final eh?

Hopefully we bring in new players quick and no wait till the season starts.Get the players knowing eachother and lets get off to a flying start.Need a couole of strikers for starters.

The odd wee statement from the club last week seemed to suggest that was the way, chief.  We'd talked to folk and we''ll let you know once it's on the dotted line type stuff.

Christ, we start pre-season in a couple of weeks!

Was thinking about it yesterday.  Look at our team - none of these players had a pre-season with Hearts last season:

Alim (broken by injury)

Soutar (Jan)

Oshi (signed late)

Rossi (signed late on)

Prince (injury)

Kitchen (Jan)

Cowie (Jan)

Djoum (signed late)

Walker (half fit)

Not using the missed pre-season excuse, but that lot are all pretty much starters for us and it shows how little time our team has had together.  Hopefully this season's pre-season is less interupted by injury, we get business done early on arrivals and the squad can really gel.

Fud

Stokes as well :D

alicante jambo

The odd wee statement from the club last week seemed to suggest that was the way, chief. We'd talked to folk and we''ll let you know once it's on the dotted line type stuff.

Christ, we start pre-season in a couple of weeks!

Was thinking about it yesterday. Look at our team - none of these players had a pre-season with Hearts last season:

Alim (broken by injury)

Soutar (Jan)

Oshi (signed late)

Rossi (signed late on)

Prince (injury)

Kitchen (Jan)

Cowie (Jan)

Djoum (signed late)

Walker (half fit)

Not using the missed pre-season excuse, but that lot are all pretty much starters for us and it shows how little time our team has had together. Hopefully this season's pre-season is less interupted by injury, we get business done early on arrivals and the squad can really gel.

Thats how i remember it a lot of players coming in.late.3rd wasnt bad after looking at the amount of players youve got there.

Jambof3tornado

We will be out of Europe before the league begins in all probability. Two cup runs will only mean a handful of extra games compared to this season. Don't need unnecessary baggage in the squad for that.

Unnecessary baggage is not whats being asked for but clearly this season we had players getting games when unfit or off form due to lack of competition in areas.

We don't want deadwood in the squad but players capable of challenging one another for a start.

Seymour M Hersh

Maybe not that desperate.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just hoping we get our first picks and don't have to look in the seconds shelve for signings although there is the old adage that we did get JC and Cameron as second choices if the stories are to be believed. The signings really have to be spot on with our expectations levels higher this seasons plus added pressure for the manager to produce a team capable of a sustained challenge in league and cups.

Watt-Zeefuik

:lol: I love a good Stokes-to-Hearts rumor.

macker1874

Ryan flynn is a hibs man knew him since I was wee. good player turned us down because he wanted to do his highers at school we said it was now or never Liverpool said they understood that. That was when he was with falkirk. Look at Dave gray die hard hearts fan hibs captain and won them the cup know him he said he would never sign for hibs but money talks aswell as opportunity

Ryan flynn is a hibs man knew him since I was wee. good player turned us down because he wanted to do his highers at school we said it was now or never Liverpool said they understood that. That was when he was with falkirk. Look at Dave gray die hard hearts fan hibs captain and won them the cup know him he said he would never sign for hibs but money talks aswell as opportunity

Ryan is a Jambo as are his family and knocked us back as he didn't want to be second fiddle to Driver

Ryan is a Jambo as are his family and knocked us back as he didn't want to be second fiddle to Driver

Ooo fight

He/they really aren't.

macker1874

Think you will find he is a hibs fan and didn't want to play second fiddle for driver the lad wanted to get an education to fall back on if football never worked out pretty sure he got five ones on his highers. Hearts didn't want to wait for him so lost out to Liverpool when he was still at falkirk FACT

BelgeJambo

Thats how i remember it a lot of players coming in.late.3rd wasnt bad after looking at the amount of players youve got there.

and eh - El Has!!!!

Hairy Nugget

Would love to see Zeefuick and the big lad Akinfenwa from wimbledon up front they would destroy some teams!

deanmillar

Would love to see Zeefuick and the big lad Akinfenwa from wimbledon up front they would destroy some teams!

That's some size of strike force there

Think you will find he is a hibs fan and didn't want to play second fiddle for driver the lad wanted to get an education to fall back on if football never worked out pretty sure he got five ones on his highers. Hearts didn't want to wait for him so lost out to Liverpool when he was still at falkirk FACT

Well not according to his mother who I worked with and was totally gutted that he never signed for us as they were all season ticket holders till he started pro football. His mum and dad are still season ticket holders at hearts after he went down England as they couldn't get down every week to see him.

macker1874

Well not according to his mother who I worked with and was totally gutted that he never signed for us as they were all season ticket holders till he started pro football. His mum and dad are still season ticket holders at hearts after he went down England as they couldn't get down every week to see him.

The Ryan flynn I grew up with was a hibs fan and a season ticket holder at easter road

The Ryan flynn I grew up with was a hibs fan and a season ticket holder at easter road

May I ask what are he is from

Archived