summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

I am the real_romanov ..... Transfers have been on point though

Not something I'd admit to - it's the most embarrassing Twitter account out there.

Demanding answers from Craig Levein after defeats :vrface:

All the stolen patter :vrface:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not something I'd admit to - it's the most embarrassing Twitter account out there.

Demanding answers from Craig Levein after defeats :vrface:

All the stolen patter :vrface:

This exactly.

Please just stop it if it is you.

An absolute embarrassment.

Do you think we could tempt Vincent Janssen here or would he want too higher wage?

Do you think we could tempt Vincent Janssen here or would he want too higher wage?

Of course we couldn't sign him.

He's a current Dutch international.

About three quarters of the English Premiership and all of the Championship would be willing and able to offer at least 3 times what we could offer.

We'll be shopping in the bargain basement as we always have done.

It's guys like Sow and Pinilla who have clear talent but failed to make the grade for various reasons at bigger clubs and need a new challenge to get their career up and running that we'll be looking at.

Of course we couldn't sign him.

He's a current Dutch international.

About three quarters of the English Premiership and all of the Championship would be willing and able to offer at least 3 times what we could offer.

We'll be shopping in the bargain basement as we always have done.

It's guys like Sow and Pinilla who have clear talent but failed to make the grade for various reasons at bigger clubs and need a new challenge to get their career up and running that we'll be looking at.

I didn't realise he'd made it into the Dutch national side. That's a no then. Shame - file this one under "no chance"

He's only 21 and playing for perhaps the 5th largest club in Holland.

I didn't realise he'd made it into the Dutch national side. That's a no then. Shame - file this one under "no chance"

He's only 21 and playing for perhaps the 5th largest club in Holland.

He'd be a decent signing for one of the smaller or mid table Premiership sides I'd imagine.

I know I might get slated for this but I think Charlie Mulgrew would be a good addition to the squad, can cover a few positions and has loads of experience. Got a feeling he'll end up back at Aberdeen though.

I know I might get slated for this but I think Charlie Mulgrew would be a good addition to the squad, can cover a few positions and has loads of experience. Got a feeling he'll end up back at Aberdeen though.

I'd agree with you.

Before his latest injury problems he was arguably the best player at Celtic and also turned in a good few excellent performances for Scotland. He'd be a great signing but no chance of him coming to Hearts. Will be on mega wages and I'm sure he'll be hanging around to see what the next sellick manager thinks of him (unless he's out of contract?)

LarrysRightFoot

Before his latest injury problems he was arguably the best player at Celtic and also turned in a good few excellent performances for Scotland. He'd be a great signing but no chance of him coming to Hearts. Will be on mega wages and I'm sure he'll be hanging around to see what the next sellick manager thinks of him (unless he's out of contract?)

He technically a decent footballer and is a good reader of the game.

However, he is now too slow and injured an awful lot. Also we are fine for centre halves just now - he is not a left back anymore.

Also we are after athletes - he isn't the most athletic.

Probably going to be a pretty busy window for us again.  If we're looking to add at least 4, as well as replace a few that we let go (Pallardo, Augustyn, Dauda at least).  We need to sign 2 strikers.  I think we should forget about El Hass, and if he manages to get fit and it turns out he can do a job, that will be a bonus, but I wouldn't count on this.

I'd like to see more signings in the Souttar mould, young promising Scottish players with development potential.  Also maybe see if there are other promising players we can entice from the States, like Kitchen.  The yanks do tend to have a winning mentality drummed into them and are usually fairly committed players.  Also, they can almost speak the language already so communication isn't going to be much of an issue.

LarrysRightFoot

Probably going to be a pretty busy window for us again. If we're looking to add at least 4, as well as replace a few that we let go (Pallardo, Augustyn, Dauda at least). We need to sign 2 strikers. I think we should forget about El Hass, and if he manages to get fit and it turns out he can do a job, that will be a bonus, but I wouldn't count on this.

I'd like to see more signings in the Souttar mould, young promising Scottish players with development potential. Also maybe see if there are other promising players we can entice from the States, like Kitchen. The yanks do tend to have a winning mentality drummed into them and are usually fairly committed players. Also, they can almost speak the language already so communication isn't going to be much of an issue.

Good post - like the American market point. Hopefully we are making contacts over there with the Kitchen and Zanatta signings.

Only concern is their international schedule - assuming we sign players of this level - I don't think it marries up with UEFA schedule does it?

HammyAllan51

Think if we're gonna keep up with celtic, let alone compete, next year then we need at least an additional 4/5 players. Would like to see:

- 1 or 2 new strikers. Matty Taylor and Emir Kujovic have been mentioned on here. Both look decent and would certainly score goals in the spfl. Would like to see someone young we could make profit on come in. A player like Vincent Vermeij of De Graafschap would be perfect. His contracts up this summer and is only 21. I'm dreaming most likely of course but why not.

- New leftback. Surprised not anyones thought about taking Stephen Hendrie out on loan from west ham since he moved from hamilton. Has been allowed to go to southend so id assume west ham would let him come here. Would give oshaniwa another season to see if adapts and performs anywhere near he was hyped up by Neilson to be last summer. Barry Douglas might be another shout. Plays for Konyaspor and has only played 1 game since he moved. Unless hes been injured he might well be available.

- New centreback. Would let Augustyn got to be honest. Think hes decent but i think hes also easily replaceable. We were linked with Croatian U21 centre half Niko Datkovic last summer who looked decent. Maybe we'll try get him again.

- New goalkeeper. Alexander isn't bad and Hamilton deserves his chance but I think its an area we could use more competition in. David Mitov Nilsson has been mentioned on here who plays for the same club as Emir Kujovic. Would welcome Jamie MacDonald back happily. Don't know why they let him go when he was perhaps our best performer during the admin season. Tied down at Killy for a couple more season though apparently.

- A creative forward passing attacking midfielder. Would like to find a Paul Hartley type player. We haven't found our version of Scott Allan or McGinn sadly. Djoum can play that role well but prefer him in the centre of the park going box to box. El Hass might actually be decent in there. Who knows though. Feel sorry for him but think his times up and should be released despite injuries. Feel we shouldn't have let Hibs push us over for McGinn when we were both linked for him. Ryan Gauld on loan from sporting maybe ? just a shout. Think we could be looking at the loan market more tbh. Ryan Fraser on loan from Bournemouth maybe ? 

- Any young decent player we can raid from a smaller or relegated scottish club to add depth for Europe. Shouts include: Blair Spittal (Dundee Utd); Craig Sibbald (Falkirk FC); Stephen Mallan (St Mirren); Faissal El Bakhtaoui (Dunfirmline AFC); etc.

- Also maybe one more midfielder for depth and to replace Pallardo since he looks like hes gonna go. Some like Jay Fulton perhaps.

Aye well, thats basically my wish list :D

Watt-Zeefuik

I'll get grief for this but I think we could do worse than to try a Billy McKay reclamation project.  Yes he looked awful yesterday but this year has to have been brutal mentally on anyone playing for United.  Wouldn't spend any large amount of money on him but he'd be worth a flyer if we can get him cheap, and I think we can.

Watch out for us buying Cummings from hubs, especially if they stay down , Cummings is a hearts supporter after all, got the gossip from my mate who works at tynecastle

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Ok I'll be watching... for a very long time.

Dave McCreery's knee

I'd like to see us keep changes to a minimum and go for real proven quality over quantity, especially in the striker dept.

So, for me, Augustyn and Pallardo (and Duada) to leave. New left back, new central mid. Bring back King and Gomis for cover and squad depth and really go for 2 quality strikers.

All assuming no-one else is sold.

Think if we're gonna keep up with celtic, let alone compete, next year then we need at least an additional 4/5 players. Would like to see:

- 1 or 2 new strikers. Matty Taylor and Emir Kujovic have been mentioned on here. Both look decent and would certainly score goals in the spfl. Would like to see someone young we could make profit on come in. A player like Vincent Vermeij of De Graafschap would be perfect. His contracts up this summer and is only 21. I'm dreaming most likely of course but why not.

- New leftback. Surprised not anyones thought about taking Stephen Hendrie out on loan from west ham since he moved from hamilton. Has been allowed to go to southend so id assume west ham would let him come here. Would give oshaniwa another season to see if adapts and performs anywhere near he was hyped up by Neilson to be last summer. Barry Douglas might be another shout. Plays for Konyaspor and has only played 1 game since he moved. Unless hes been injured he might well be available.

- New centreback. Would let Augustyn got to be honest. Think hes decent but i think hes also easily replaceable. We were linked with Croatian U21 centre half Niko Datkovic last summer who looked decent. Maybe we'll try get him again.

- New goalkeeper. Alexander isn't bad and Hamilton deserves his chance but I think its an area we could use more competition in. David Mitov Nilsson has been mentioned on here who plays for the same club as Emir Kujovic. Would welcome Jamie MacDonald back happily. Don't know why they let him go when he was perhaps our best performer during the admin season. Tied down at Killy for a couple more season though apparently.

- A creative forward passing attacking midfielder. Would like to find a Paul Hartley type player. We haven't found our version of Scott Allan or McGinn sadly. Djoum can play that role well but prefer him in the centre of the park going box to box. El Hass might actually be decent in there. Who knows though. Feel sorry for him but think his times up and should be released despite injuries. Feel we shouldn't have let Hibs push us over for McGinn when we were both linked for him. Ryan Gauld on loan from sporting maybe ? just a shout. Think we could be looking at the loan market more tbh. Ryan Fraser on loan from Bournemouth maybe ? 

- Any young decent player we can raid from a smaller or relegated scottish club to add depth for Europe. Shouts include: Blair Spittal (Dundee Utd); Craig Sibbald (Falkirk FC); Stephen Mallan (St Mirren); Faissal El Bakhtaoui (Dunfirmline AFC); etc.

- Also maybe one more midfielder for depth and to replace Pallardo since he looks like hes gonna go. Some like Jay Fulton perhaps.

Aye well, thats basically my wish list :D

Very good post.

Saw Craig Gordon getting interviewed after the OF a couple of days back. Looked absolutely miserable.

Clearly time for him to come back home!

I'm more concerned of the old firm creating a Scott Allan type shit storm and unsettling players like Paterson Nicholson and Djoum who are in the last year of there current contract

These clubs no that stirring this , can potentially unsettle our club for the following season, creating disharmony in the dressing room

Tin hat on, but I'd be actively looking to sell Paterson and Djoum so we can maximise there selling potential, because once next season starts there value decreases by the week

The alternative being that we offer them improved contracts and lengthen there present deals

Who's Borthwick? The Romanov account out does his by thousands

So do Lad Bible and other such accounts - and they're bollocks as well.

Only simpletons would find that shit funny.

Robbo-Jambo

I'm more concerned of the old firm creating a Scott Allan type shit storm and unsettling players like Paterson Nicholson and Djoum who are in the last year of there current contract

These clubs no that stirring this , can potentially unsettle our club for the following season, creating disharmony in the dressing room

Tin hat on, but I'd be actively looking to sell Paterson and Djoum so we can maximise there selling potential, because once next season starts there value decreases by the week

The alternative being that we offer them improved contracts and lengthen there present deals

Good chance Paterson will be signing a contract extension :tiny:

Oneneilberry

Re the Scott Allen ,McGinn ? I would personally prefer Jamie walker he pisses all over these two in my opinion

Re the Scott Allen ,McGinn ? I would personally prefer Jamie walker he pisses all over these two in my opinion

hmm would say walker is as good as allan and better than mcginn but that's just my decision. Just saying id like a central player who can run with the ball, spray passes about, run beyond the line of defence and bang in 4 or 5 freekicks a season like Hartley did back in the day.

Jbee647 - I'd echo your comments.

Part of our ethos now is to develop and sell players.

The time might be right to sell Paterson for example. I do think we need him for a title challenge - ideally- but Smith already has shown potential as a replacement.

That said we would get a development fee for Paterson but if he doesn't sign a contract extension in the summer it is then he will be at peak value for us.

I'd imagine we will sell McGhee also.

I question whether we can keep Alim also. There must be interest in him.

LarrysRightFoot

Walker is a number 10. What we need is a number 8 and both Allan and McGinn are that type of player.

Allan IMO would be a great signing but I would also be very happy with Mallan from St.Mirren.

Jambo 4 Ever

Good chance Paterson will be signing a contract extension :tiny:

Great news if true- where did you hear this?  Trust the source?

So do Lad Bible and other such accounts - and they're bollocks as well.

Only simpletons would find that shit funny.

More followers crapier the account

Got it

Not saying we could get him but remember Lee Erwin who helped Motherwell stay up last season.

Has made first start for Leeds United tonight after signing last summer. Lots of players languishing in reserves in England.

I'll get grief for this but I think we could do worse than to try a Billy McKay reclamation project.  Yes he looked awful yesterday but this year has to have been brutal mentally on anyone playing for United.  Wouldn't spend any large amount of money on him but he'd be worth a flyer if we can get him cheap, and I think we can.

There may be one or two at Dundee Utd worth looking at.  McKay and Spittal for instance.

I get the sense that the Utd players are suffering from a malaise this season.  Just look at how well Souttar has settled in since joining us, and what an absolute steal he now looks, yet he'd been dropped at Utd and looked to have gone off the boil.  It might be worth trying to get another couple in and see if we can reignite their careers in a similar fashion.

More followers crapier the account

Got it

Christ. It was you who mentioned number of followers as a barometer for how good the account was. The point others have made is that it isn't.

Never mind the number of followers, it's probably more to do with the shite patter and pretending to be ITK.

jambo in iraq

I think there is more than a good chance that we could be seduced by offers for Paterson and Walker, though in both cases their injuries this season might buy us another season with them. Not seen enough of Smith to know if he is a long term replacement for Paterson. Although we are slightly better covered for Walker with King, Zanatta and maybe Reilly (none a perfect fit).

Got a feeling we will be looking again in the Scandinavian and Dutch markets for replacements players. From Scotland I would the lad Crawford from Hamilton, Billy McKay from United and Mulgrew from Celtic. Whether we get any players developed to that level is anyones guess. 

Also Souttar's wee brother looks like a player too..

Never Let Them Forget

Where's all this Mulgrew chat came from? He will probably be on 3x what we pay just now.

Bazzas right boot

Improved deals all the way, actually think they will, at least we will get a fee.

Maybe xa Chinese team will throw a few million our way if the worst happens and they don't sign extensions.

Bazzas right boot

Different players.

Allan would improve us

Kitchen, djoum, Allan.

With walker/ Sam is exciting.

Bauben/ cowie for back up.

Best midfield i n the league!

LarrysRightFoot

Different players.

Allan would improve us

Kitchen, djoum, Allan.

Walker isn't a midfielder. There would likely be a midfield of Kitchen, Djoum, Nicholson (if he stays) and a new midfielder/or Cowie/Bauben

Different players.

Allan would improve us

Kitchen, djoum, Allan.

I think the Allan rumours may well have substance. There will no doubt be noise about English Championship interest, doubtless peddled by agents. Allan needs out of Celtic and his next move needs to be right for his career, possibly ahead of financially.

Another move south that didn't work out wouldn't have Hearts on the lookout. St Mirren etc would be the type of option two years down the track.

Ryan Christie could be a decent shout also.

Sam Nicholson has a big season ahead of him imo. Really needs to prove he has what it takes to kick on.

GK - if Hamilton is going out on loan.

Defender - at least one senior defender but it will be down to who stays. Happy with the current mixture but with possibly Augustyn and Mcghee leaving, can't see any others going this summer, will be interesting to watch the plans unfold.

CM - We have some very good midfielders, Djoum is phenomenal, but as always I'm greedy for the Cameron/Hartley/Ksanavicius hybrid. I like Buaben a lot, but if we got someone in with similar drive but with better technical ability we could really push on.

Winger/number 10 - King's loan was a poor decision imo, hope we get him back.

CF - To compliment Reilly and Juanma

The standard of player we've been attracting seems to have risen rapidly, exciting times!

upgotheheads

GK - if Hamilton is going out on loan.

Defender - at least one senior defender but it will be down to who stays. Happy with the current mixture but with possibly Augustyn and Mcghee leaving, can't see any others going this summer, will be interesting to watch the plans unfold.

CM - We have some very good midfielders, Djoum is phenomenal, but as always I'm greedy for the Cameron/Hartley/Ksanavicius hybrid. I like Buaben a lot, but if we got someone in with similar drive but with better technical ability we could really push on.

Winger/number 10 - King's loan was a poor decision imo, hope we get him back.

CF - To compliment Reilly and Juanma

The standard of player we've been attracting seems to have risen rapidly, exciting times!

Good post.

I think Augustyn is short of the quality we need so a replacement for him would be a good idea. A box to box midfielder like Scott Severin would be a good signing  but I'm not sure that Billy King has developed much although there's still time.

I still think McGhee will develop so I hope we keep him, although he might be fed up being asked to fill in all the time.

Two new strikers will be needed assuming Dauda leaves after his loan spell.

Blair Alston from Falkirk not yet signed a contract with St J despite them talking to his agent since January - think that shows how difficult teams could find attracting players to the SPFL

Where's all this Mulgrew chat came from? He will probably be on 3x what we pay just now.

Football Manager probably.

Wonder how our big meeting went this afternoon?[/quote

They'll all be steamin' by now.....!!

Archived