summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

Reilly is 23 this month. Not one to be talking about potential. He's not a starting XI player for us challenging at the top. Hemmings and Stewart are. Moult is. Even May if he can get his form back.

Would be interested to see if Brentford would let McLeod go and for what price. Great prospect at Rangers and has been unlucky with a few knocks down south. Great goal threat from midfield.

Mallan at St Mirren. Hendrie from West Ham at LB. Ambitious list. But then saying league challengers next year is a bold statement.

According to Robbie we can't afford Scottish players. Utter pish they just want to keep bringing in guys from abroad. I know they signed Souttar so how did they manage to do that? Bit of a contradiction by Hearts is it not.

We had to pay a decent amount for him surely there are many other Scottish players who we could get for no fee or less than Souttar. Maybe it's Reilly that's put them off signing other Scottish players.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TyphoonJambo

That wired looking penguin geezer from Hibs can score, Cummings, that's it. He would be a good signing, and would royaly ram it right up em.

According to Robbie we can't afford Scottish players. Utter pish they just want to keep bringing in guys from abroad. I know they signed Souttar so how did they manage to do that? Bit of a contradiction by Hearts is it not.

We had to pay a decent amount for him surely there are many other Scottish players who we could get for no fee or less than Souttar. Maybe it's Reilly that's put them off signing other Scottish players.

Suppose all players are a gamble. And Scottish ones or Scottish based ones come at a premium. But you're right Davy. Don't think it's the plan to sign ?300k+ players.

soonbe110

Anyone else heard that we are in for El Bahktoui?  Pars fan at work seems to think it's a definite goer.

As I said on another thread, he is off to Birmingham unless there's a last minute hitch.

Anyone that takes a football manager's comments to the media, especially on recruitment plans, as gospel is clearly a fud.

Do you really not understand what RN was saying by his comments?

:rofl: this will not happen.

aye probably no. Article also mentioned that other clubs including Rosenberg and Malm? of Sweden are looking at him and midtjylland in Denmark are interested. Also it mentioned he's keen to just stay with Sparta apparently. He's captain there and they've got champions league so I agree it sounds very unlikely.

Seems like a similar story to that emir kujovic guy. Maybe we're trying to nab high quality players who's contracts are up in foreign leagues. Would agree that it's probably no gonna happen but nonetheless being linked with these type of players are hopefully a positive sign of things to come. I was just repeating what the article said. Was spotted in a "Blesk" newspaper article which is a paper in the Czech Republic apparently. I'll believe it only if we actually sign the boy

King prawn

Since we've done reasonably well out of the Dutch market recently, I wonder if any of the following will be on the radar? 

Wout Weghorst - 6 ft 4 centre forward - good season for Heracles

Lars Veldwijk - 6 ft 4 centre forward, had a stint at N. Forest not long ago which didn't work out for him. Perhaps out of our price range but could see us as a stepping stone back into English football. 

Christian Santos - winger for NEC, 28 years old and recently got called up to the Venezuelan national team. Seems to know where the goal is for a winger but he has played at quite a low standard

Yassin Ayoub - attacking midfielder for Utrecht - 22 years old - highlights show him to be quite a tidy player, not as good as Walker but perhaps competition if El Hass leaves.  

Last year none of us could honestly say we'd heard of Augustyn, oshaniwa, djoum, kitchen, Rossi or Juanma. We had heard of Reilly and soutter and I think this year will be no different, with I suspect one of the ones we know being Craig whighton

Maroon Man

Paterson, Ozturk, Souttar, Djoum, Kitchen and Walker are must keeps.

Alexander, Rossi, Buaben, Nicholson and Juanma are should keeps.

The rest I'm not overly fussed about to be honest.

aye probably no. Article also mentioned that other clubs including Rosenberg and Malm? of Sweden are looking at him and midtjylland in Denmark are interested. Also it mentioned he's keen to just stay with Sparta apparently. He's captain there and they've got champions league so I agree it sounds very unlikely.

Seems like a similar story to that emir kujovic guy. Maybe we're trying to nab high quality players who's contracts are up in foreign leagues. Would agree that it's probably no gonna happen but nonetheless being linked with these type of players are hopefully a positive sign of things to come. I was just repeating what the article said. Was spotted in a "Blesk" newspaper article which is a paper in the Czech Republic apparently. I'll believe it only if we actually sign the boy

I've seen Dockal play in recent Internationals for Czech Republic, he's one of their standout players, absolutely no chance we're signing a player of that quality, it would be great but I'm afraid he's way out of our league.

Section Q

Someone mentioned Robbie Muirhead. Anyone know what went wrong for him at Dundee Utd?

He was an important player for Killie and they went downhill after he left.

Big strong kid who was scoring freely.

Someone mentioned Robbie Muirhead. Anyone know what went wrong for him at Dundee Utd?

the boy isn't even with a club right now. Was released by United last month for some reason. Wouldn't say he's killed it at any club he's been at but at 20 he might be worth a punt on a years contract or something like that

Anyone that takes a football manager's comments to the media, especially on recruitment plans, as gospel is clearly a fud.

Do you really not understand what RN was saying by his comments?

Firstly I take exception to being referred to as a FUD. I see no need for that it was not as if my post was offensive to anyone.

So are you suggesting that Robbie is lying to the media? If he does not want his signing policy to be aired then he can just avoid the question.

Is it so terrible to actually believe what the Head Coach of your team says or is it a case of believing some bits that you want to.

I am sure that Robbie is a pretty honest sort of person and would not deliberately lie to anyone let alone the press.

We are all entitled to our opinion. Just because you don't agree with mine does not mean you have to resort to the comment you made. 

Unknown user

Firstly I take exception to being referred to as a FUD. I see no need for that it was not as if my post was offensive to anyone.

So are you suggesting that Robbie is lying to the media? If he does not want his signing policy to be aired then he can just avoid the question.

Is it so terrible to actually believe what the Head Coach of your team says or is it a case of believing some bits that you want to.

I am sure that Robbie is a pretty honest sort of person and would not deliberately lie to anyone let alone the press.

We are all entitled to our opinion. Just because you don't agree with mine does not mean you have to resort to the comment you made.

Robbie has clearly deliberately misled in the past re transfer activity, categorically saying we wouldn't be signing anyone else then bringing in Pallardo and Eckersley spring to mind.

Yes, our manager tells lies, he tells the press what he wants the fans to know/think.

Sometimes that might even be the whole truth- that's football for you!

If you honestly think Robbie tells the truth the whole time, I have to think it's you being a bit naive rather than the other dude being particularly cynical tbh

Robbie has clearly deliberately misled in the past re transfer activity, categorically saying we wouldn't be signing anyone else then bringing in Pallardo and Eckersley spring to mind.

Yes, our manager tells lies, he tells the press what he wants the fans to know/think.

If you honestly think Robbie tells the truth the whole time, I have to think it's you being a bit naive rather than the other dude being particularly cynical tbh

Don't know how you could say he deliberately misled anyone. He may have been telling the truth as it stood at the time of interview but later extra money accrued to the club and Robbie got the benefit enabling him to sign Pallardo and Eckersley.

That said it pays a manager to be circumspect in dealing with the press as he merely raises the expectation of fans if he hints that new signings are possible

scott herbertson

I never believe what the press says anybody said - they regularly distort the truth to make stories more interesting.

My interpretation would be Robbie is saying Scottish players are generally more expensive for the same quality than many European players, therefore if we buy someone it's more likely to be from the European market (unless we spot a bargain with potential like Soutar or Reilly)

Unknown user

Don't know how you could say he deliberately misled anyone. He may have been telling the truth as it stood at the time of interview but later extra money accrued to the club and Robbie got the benefit enabling him to sign Pallardo and Eckersley.

That said it pays a manager to be circumspect in dealing with the press as he merely raises the expectation of fans if he hints that new signings are possible

There have been other instances since, however I frequent Amsterdam so you might be better asking others for examples!

But this is a debate we've had before on here, I seem to remember the conclusion being a little white lie for the greater good hurts no one.

But again, Amsterdam

loveofthegame

Rangers lining up a move for Grant Hanley. ?3 million apparantly.

Rangers paying ?3m fees for the likes of Grant feckin Hanley. They'll never, ever learn.

The Future's Maroon

?3m....is this the warchest King promised...or a tabloid newspaper trying to sell papers to half of Weegieland?!!! 

I think his temperament is questionable. And unless Wikipedia has it wrong, his scoring record is one of the worst I've seen. Actually comparable to a centre half. I'd leave well alone personally.

Wilson and Hanley :rofl:

They obviously have no interest in winning the title next season then.

Bazzas right boot

:wtf: 

Surely not, so much wrong with that, ?3m, Rangers, Hanley all in same sentence.

Hanley is a paper story to sell season tickets - expect lots of those in the following months. On ?28k p/w at Blackburn seemingly. Would make them enter admin sooner right enough - hope they get him!!

Not sure why we are still looking at the foreign market when RN was talking about Juanma needing a full season to adapt to Scottish football.

I expect at least one Dundee Utd player at Hearts tbh

jamboinglasgow

Hanley is a paper story to sell season tickets - expect lots of those in the following months. On ?28k p/w at Blackburn seemingly. Would make them enter admin sooner right enough - hope they get him!!

Not sure why we are still looking at the foreign market when RN was talking about Juanma needing a full season to adapt to Scottish football.

I expect at least one Dundee Utd player at Hearts tbh

Because it got us Djoum, Ozturk, Rossi, Kitchen, etc. Sometimes it takes longer but for the quality we want it brings the best value for money.

It's nice to hear yours and others opinions however I would really have liked a reply from the guy who called me a fud!!!

So far I have not seen any.

How can people make comments disparaging about our foreign market signings and completely ignore Djoum, Sow, Kitchen, Ozturk and Rossi?

Sam Nicholson could be going to Sevco

Funnily enough I would not be at all concerned about this....

He'd command a fee and if that is what Sevco are spending money on then we can easily stay ahead of them.

He'd be a squad player for them at best and wouldn't really weaken us. He hasn't kicked on this season at all.

cosanostra

How can people make comments disparaging about our foreign market signings and completely ignore Djoum, Sow, Kitchen, Ozturk and Rossi?

I guess Juanma, El Hass, Oshaniwa, Dauda, Augustyn and Pallardo haven't been as great so we seem to be at a level of 1 decent signing in every 2 from foreign clubs. We'll probably have to do better than that if we're going to challenge for 1st and 2nd.

To be fair, the signings of Scottish guys Cowie and Reilly haven't really been great either.

Signings by Robbie in the Championship season were pretty much perfect for that level. He just hasn't been able to replicate it at a higher level. He really needs to improve in this area if he's going to stay Hearts manager I think because we'll never have enough budget to have guys hanging around and not contributing. 

Some people on here even dreaming that Sevco have ?3M to spend on anybody never mind the average centre back that is Hanley.

To the hun sympathisers, repeat after me, 'Sevco do not have a pot too piss in'.

BangkokHearts

Anyone else heard that we are in for El Bahktoui?  Pars fan at work seems to think it's a definite goer.

Motherwell have made an offer to sign Dunfermline top scorer Faissal El Bakhtaoui for next season (from twitter).

Motherwell have made an offer to sign Dunfermline top scorer Faissal El Bakhtaoui for next season (from twitter).

Wouldn't imagine we'll put in an offer, seems we only look abroad

Malcolm Tucker

John Souttar and Gavin Reilly don't agree with you.

Unknown user

We've paid cash to Scottish clubs for Reilly last year and Souttar this year, I don't think that theory holds much water

LarrysRightFoot

There are rumours they are interested - no idea where they have come from or if they have any substance though.

I am not sure they would have the funds to do a deal unless it was players (don't know who we would want) plus cash.

We've paid cash to Scottish clubs for Reilly last year and Souttar this year, I don't think that theory holds much water

2 players aye, out of how many signings?

adayinmay

?? Nice trolling.

They can have him if this season is the best he is going to give each year. He's hardly kicked a ball since January and not for the first time either. He seems to start every season really strong and then vanishes. If he can't find consistency throughout the season then we need to find a different player who will.

Tasavallan

It doesn't matter.  It disproves your earlier statement that Hearts only look abroad.  Plus they brought in Cowie.

Both Reilly and Souttar were bought as development players.   Neilson's point was that for experienced players, Europe is a better market than looking at home.

Unknown user

I don't know. I was just pointing out that "seems we only look abroad" wasn't accurate

Uncle Buck

What about Keatings and Gomis and Buaben and Alexander and Swanson and Cowie and Gallacher?

Jambo 4 Ever

While we get stuck with likes of Cowie

JeanLouisValois84

Take him, wouldn't be much of a loss

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It will be criminal if we don't offer him a chance at Hearts.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'd be astonished if Rangers signed any of our players other than ones who are out of contract, or ones we're happy to release.

Jambof3tornado

This. Make him an offer and see.

Still need an established at this level striker too.

Unknown user

I've never seen him play, but there's quite a clamour for his signing. Is he actually any good?

maybe start to hear soon

BBC interview says one "pretty far down the line" and couple "making inroads on"

Archived