summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

Jamboscanbevicius

sow was 6ft4, we didn't resort to lumping it long with him, 

True... Sow was one of the most skillful players we've had on the deck in the past decade though. More the exception than the rule!

I am not saying it will happen, but often does happen with teams who put someone of this stature up top.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Generic Username

were you boiling an egg in a microwave?

:rofl:

One of my favourite Scottish football stories of all time.

People want Reilly binned but how offer has he played in his favourite position? He is usually ouster in a wide position or player just of the main striker.

Clearly have a plan for him as we outline for every player. Patience ffs

Bazzas right boot

People want Reilly binned but how offer has he played in his favourite position? He is usually ouster in a wide position or player just of the main striker.

Clearly have a plan for him as we outline for every player. Patience ffs

Most people are stupid.

Its clear as day that Reilly is good when we play 2 up top, the team plays better.

Its also clear he can't be up top on his own, he isn't dangerous or effective enough.

There's clearly a place for him at the moment.

Gene Parmesan

Most people are stupid.

Its clear as day that Reilly is good when we play 2 up top, the team plays better.

Its also clear he can't be up top on his own, he isn't dangerous or effective enough.

He's also our man for when the temperature turns and the warm weather players pack up shop.

We build a squad for every eventuality. Gavin Reilly is a big part of it.

I like John Souttar as much as the next Hearts fan and I believe he will develop into an excellent player for us, but it's actually OK to admit that he got absolutely done at the Aberdeen goal the other night. As did Nicholson.

To blame Augustyn is ridiculous and opportunist.

I thought Augustyn, early slips aside, was excellent on Friday evening

Augustyn was ball watching for their goal and allowed Church to drift away from him but I also thought Alexander could have done better. Had he been sharper he could easily have cut that ball out.

scott herbertson

Augustyn was ball watching for their goal and allowed Church to drift away from him but I also thought Alexander could have done better. Had he been sharper he could easily have cut that ball out.

Very hard for a keeper to save a ball deflected in from that range - only Hearts keepers who I would give a chance to would be Neimi and Cruickshank both of whom had very quick reaction times.

Lots of rumours about Matty Taylor coming here on the Bristol Rovers forum;

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6677/taylor-keep-hold?page=1

Obviously, we all know forums are about as accurate as an Alan Stubbs press quote.

Not sure if that was you that posted on their website but I doubt very much that we will be offering anyone ?5k per week never mind ?3k that someone else quoted.

I can see 3/4 players leaving with 7/8 coming in with a striker or two at top of shopping list please

Emir Kujovic - looks interesting... good scoring record at his current club.

Would worry a bit about having a 6' 4" striker up top. Danger is that we would resort to lumping it long!

No chance of us getting this guy if this story is true.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115604&headline=Rumour+mill+round-up%3A+Gayle+to+blow+out+of+Crystal+Palace+in+swap+deal%3F&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

What about the multitude of English players from EPL clubs who go out on loan to gain experience?  There could be a nugget out there and I have no problems with loans until clubs start to rely on them like one in Lochend whose name escapes me.

TyphoonJambo

Not sure if that was you that posted on their website but I doubt very much that we will be offering anyone ?5k per week never mind ?3k that someone else quoted.

I heard that is about how much Dauda costs us!

Reilly will be kept on. He was brought in to develop, ended up being essential to our pressing game for a time this season when perhaps he wasn't ready yet to play an all round strikers role. People can slate his lack of goals all they want but our results/performances with him in the team are far better than the results/performances without him.

He will definitely get next season to prove that he can build on this seasons experience and kick on.

Reilly will be kept on. He was brought in to develop, ended up being essential to our pressing game for a time this season when perhaps he wasn't ready yet to play an all round strikers role. People can slate his lack of goals all they want but our results/performances with him in the team are far better than the results/performances without him.

He will definitely get next season to prove that he can build on this seasons experience and kick on.

Agree with what you're saying but then it kind of makes me wonder why he hasn't had more game time!

Harvey Specter

Agree with what you're saying but then it kind of makes me wonder why he hasn't had more game time!

I'm in the same boat. The majority of games Reilly has started we've played better and ultimately ended up winning, there's been a few times this season this has happened then the following week he's out of the side. I'd like to see him start all of the remaining fixtures but I don't think it'll happen.

KineticBeat

I'm in the same boat. The majority of games Reilly has started we've played better and ultimately ended up winning, there's been a few times this season this has happened then the following week he's out of the side. I'd like to see him start all of the remaining fixtures but I don't think it'll happen.

I think the reason he isn't getting games atm is the formation we are playing just now is set up to get the best out of both Walker and Juanma (and it's working) and they are the guys getting us the goals.

If Reilly was in the team we would have to either a) change the system or b ) drop one of Walker and Juanma 

I think the reason he isn't getting games atm is the formation we are playing just now is set up to get the best out of both Walker and Juanma (and it's working) and they are the guys getting us the goals.

If Reilly was in the team we would have to either a) change the system or b ) drop one of Walker and Juanma

So for the statos out there I would be interested to know as a team how many goals have we scored while Reilly's playing and how many when he's not.

KineticBeat

So for the statos out there I would be interested to know as a team how many goals have we scored while Reilly's playing and how many when he's not.

Can't be bothered doing it myself but judging he hasn't started most games we will have scored more goals without him in the side than with him in there.

The goal per game numbers are probably interesting but reilly was in the 6-0 game so that would skew it towards his favour I bet despite it (sadly) being an anomaly.

I wasn't dissing Reilly btw. I'm a big fan. I just see why he isn't being picked for the first XI at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The better stats would be his personal goals/assists ratio, I'm sure we have a good record with Oshaniwa playing, still don't rate him.

Only place I see it mentioned on twitter is by that dreadful Real Romanov account though.

Why follow it, then?

jamboinglasgow

Why follow it, then?

you dont need to follow it to know he said it, He will have done the same thing as me, put the players name into a search on twitter and only find the post of Romanov.

You would think we will be speaking to a few players at the moment knowing at worst we are third.

Watch out for us buying Cummings from hubs, especially if they stay down , Cummings is a hearts supporter after all, got the gossip from my mate who works at tynecastle

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

TyphoonJambo

Hope you're kidding.

Afraid not and that was from a very good source.

Oneneilberry

Watch out for us buying Cummings from hubs, especially if they stay down , Cummings is a hearts supporter after all, got the gossip from my mate who works at tynecastle

Can't see it ..don't want it

jamboinglasgow

Considering how much he talks about looking to get back at us for letting him go I would be amazed. Plus he won't be cheap.

LarrysRightFoot

When is his contract up? Because they will be wanting ?1m minimum and to sell to us that ?1m becomes ?2m.

It's not going to happen.

Watt-Zeefuik

Most people are stupid.

He's been fantastic this year, just hasn't gotten the ball across the line quite enough.

Wouldn't be surprised if he knocked in 12 goals next year.  He's bright, fit, energetic, and committed -- just needs a bit more poise in the box and he's a complete striker.

Also think King will be back, despite the rumors, although I wouldn't be surprised if one of Walker, Nicholson, or King got sold.  If it's Walker, we'd better get ?2m for him or more.

Why follow it, then?

He broke oshaniwa months before it happened as well as souttar that's why I follow him plus he winds the hobos up

He broke oshaniwa months before it happened as well as souttar that's why I follow him plus he winds the hobos up

he's a m***o, reminds me of that wee heartsfc kid that makes up similar shite and stupid songs.

Take the money for him before he's found out and ends up at Alloa.

Pretty much where I'm at. The longer he stays without making a first team place the lower his value will drop. Time to let him go and get a decent sell on clause.

I am the real_romanov ..... Transfers have been on point though

Your an attention seeker. Would insult you but don't want a warnig point even though it might be worth it.

Jambo 4 Ever

Hope not...

He needs to get English lessons too!

Oneneilberry

I am the real_romanov ..... Transfers have been on point though

Same account that sends abusive tweets to players ,used to think it was pretty funny but rapidly unfollowed after that

Sneckiejambo

I hope Robbie is after better guys than we are coming up with on here Jesue wept Billy Mackay.

I hope Robbie is after better guys than we are coming up with on here Jesue wept Billy Mackay.

True, how did mixu manage to ruin Blair Spittal as well?  Because he's a fat welt?

True, how did mixu manage to ruin Blair Spittal as well? Because he's a fat welt?

That's got to be considered.

Some of those dundee utd players have shown good ability in the past. Gunnings reaction the other day and the lad having a right go at Mixu today shows that there are huge problems behind closed doors at that club.

I don't care much for McKay but I'd take Spittal in a heart beat.

he's a m***o, reminds me of that wee heartsfc kid that makes up similar shite and stupid songs.

As a dad to a disabled boy, I find it really poor that you can use words like that on this forum, even with the asterisks. And that you'd want to.

As a dad to a disabled boy, I find it really poor that you can use words like that on this forum, even with the asterisks. And that you'd want to.

This.

Have a severely disabled uncle. Awful way to speak

As another parent of a disabled Jambos (who knows several others as well) your horrendous choice of name calling is both highly offensive and totally ignorant ...you are not just an excuse for a Jambos, but for a human being also. An apology or at least an admission of poor judgement is required.

Can't see his posts unless someone quotes him. Occasionally something like this pops up and I remember why he is one of few posters on my blocked list

Souttar wasn't getting a game for them this season on a regular basis and now look at him. McKay of two seasons ago is better than what we currently have.

LarrysRightFoot

Souttar wasn't getting a game for them this season on a regular basis and now look at him. McKay of two seasons ago is better than what we currently have.

McKay is not an athlete. Look at the players we sign now - they are not just good footballers they as a rule of thumb athletic.

He is also not of the right age (28 this year) for our recruitment - and before anyone says we signed Don Cowie, the reasons we signed Cowie have been outlined. His professionalism, the way he looks after himself, the level he has played at.

McKay was also at Wigan but struggled to get games - most likely IMO because he is not athletic enough enough. He has a decent husk scoring record up here but I just don't think he fits our recruitment process.

Can't see his posts unless someone quotes him. Occasionally something like this pops up and I remember why he is one of few posters on my blocked list

Good idea

I'll get that sorted just now

It is him.

Archived