summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

I don't think we need to do much. Left back similar to Holt at Dundee and a striker who gets goals (Matt Taylor/Moult/McKay).

Out Augustyn and Pallardo not to be extended. Dauda away. Don't think El Hass and Oshaniwa are going to cut it so if possible cut losses. Gomis can prob go. Would give Billy King another shot if head and heart are in it.

Holt is crap. Barely good enough for Dundee.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Findlay

Goalkeeper: which one I don't know but if Bain was out of contract at Dundee then him. Left back. Think we will go foreign again here. Midfielder x 2 Murray Davidson from St Johnstone and Jackson Irvine from Ross County. Our coaching staff will definitely improve them. Forwards x 2. I think we will go the Sow route again here and get 2 we haven't heard of. Like all things only time will tell. Still the speculating will make interesting reading in the close season.

Folk quoting McGhee when the boy is hardly 20.

Folk quoting Reilly.

It's good for a laugh, I guess.

I think someone already has Alston on a pre contract, BTW.

And he's not praying

Goal Keeper.

Left Back.

two Strikers that score goals.

:spoton:

Other than to add we might need to replace should someone be sold. Paterson for example.

Folk quoting Reilly.

Hearts have been trying to move on/loan out McGhee for over a year.

Reilly runs about a lot, but does not score goals.

Folk quoting Reilly.

Alston was being quoted for a move during January. He's probably decided where he's going but just not public yet. Hearts would be a great move for him and us but who knows! It would be a shame to see him disappear down south.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/19/english-eyes-on-falkirk-star-blair-alston/page/1-2/

duckandcover

Folk quoting Reilly.

I only said I think we'd let Reilly go. For what it's worth, I think we should keep him cause he's a good young player, I've just got a feeling that with his lack of chances recently he's quite far down the pecking order and he'll be moved on. Could be wrong though.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Reilly was brought in to be developed. He has a three year deal. No danger he's being discarded after one season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Need a left back, 2 forwards, one centre half and another midfield player who pushes forward like djoum. Palllardo augustyn, king to move on.

Reilly will probably stay, wouldn't be against putting him out on loan depending on who we get in, you'd imagine he'll be 4th choice if we get another 2 bodies in up front, i personally do not rate the boy, i never have.

Reilly will probably stay, wouldn't be against putting him out on loan depending on who we get in, you'd imagine he'll be 4th choice if we get another 2 bodies in up front, i personally do not rate the boy, i never have.

Not really had a prolonged run , yet when he came in the general consensus seemed to be he linked the play well. Then he was out. As the doc says above he came in as a development player on a 3 year program.

Not really had a prolonged run , yet when he came in the general consensus seemed to be he linked the play well. Then he was out. As the doc says above he came in as a development player on a 3 year program.

Yeh but i imagine they thought he'd have shown a bit more by now, I'm not convinced by him at all.

Yeh but i imagine they thought he'd have shown a bit more by now, I'm not convinced by him at all.

They put him on the pitch and he was doing fine. It is more a formation issue, not Reilly's lack of ability. I can't imagine he was bought to be a lone striker.

I would let Augustyn,Gomis,Pallardo,El Bass and Dauda go and would like to see us sign a goalie,left back, 2 strikers and budget depending another winter or centre midfielder.

Goalie - Bain from Dundee

Left back - Barry Douglas (has Levein connections)

Strikers - Matty Taylor and Stevie May

There is still a lot of mediocrity at Tynecastle to move on, however Neilson suggested we are only bringing in about 5 and having a first team squad of around 18.

Players sold or asked to move on:

Paterson - Can't see us holding on to him.

Gomis

Oshaniwa - GTF

Augustyn

McGhee - Good luck

Pallardo

El Hass - GTF

Dauda - GTF

Reilly - Just doesn't score goals which is what he is here for.

In's

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

Scott Allan

Big strong centre half.

Quality young left back

I disagree that we should be looking at a player from league one if we're all serious about a title challenge next year.

A Scott Allan type player yes but we need a forward who can score 25 goals in the top division.

Billy Mckay would be a better bet imo but he'd probably turn out like Sutton did.

There will be moves for first team starters and a couple of moves for younger players with potential

Mallan at St Mirren has been watched but is he better than what we have or coming through.....and of course we failed in a bid for Dundee's Craig WIghton  in January.

One of the major factors will be not who we want to release but who we receive bids for and at what price........There is no doubt one or two will leave.

I would let Augustyn,Gomis,Pallardo,El Bass and Dauda go and would like to see us sign a goalie,left back, 2 strikers and budget depending another winter or centre midfielder.

Goalie - Bain from Dundee

Left back - Barry Douglas (has Levein connections)

Strikers - Matty Taylor and Stevie May

Douglas wont happen, in january signed for a team 4th in turkish league (maybe 3rd now) for a decent fee.

Shame as a good player and excellent set piece taker

I laughed at that comment.

It is a complete myth that our league is around that standard.

Friday nights game is a perfect example, L2 really isn't anywhere near the quality of that.

This in spades ^^^ Absolutely ridiculous, been to quite a few championship/league 1 matches over the last few years, outwith the top 5/6 in the championship, the rest are absolutely gash, sunday league stuff, Sol Bamba gets a game for Leeds....

All roads lead to Gorgie

Wouldn't mind Alex Schalk from Ross County as a foil for Juanma. Busy industrious player and a regular scorer too !

rudi must stay

Really dont get the hype with Bain certainly no better than Alexander.

Bain is a great deal better than Alexander. From what i've seen of him he has a bigger presense in goals and is alot more relaxed. Would be a brilliant signing

Houston said on Sportsound that St Johnstone had told him they were discussing a pre contract with Alston back in January- but not heard anything further.

After watching the Sheep game and realising it was Augustyn who lost Church for the opener I would be surprised if he stays.

Everyone knows we are short a LB.

Think a lot depends on what bids are received, can see Sevco chancing their arm with the usual Daily Record "dream move" headlines!

jamboinglasgow

There will be moves for first team starters and a couple of moves for younger players with potential

Mallan at St Mirren has been watched but is he better than what we have or coming through.....and of course we failed in a bid for Dundee's Craig WIghton  in January.

One of the major factors will be not who we want to release but who we receive bids for and at what price........There is no doubt one or two will leave.

I can see us being back in for Craig Wighton, as you say we missed out on him in January, and that was only due to Hartley playing him (I think Hartley rates him but the board were happy to sell.) As long as he doesn't sign a new contract I reckon he will be at Hearts next season. I do wonder if there may be a couple of Dundee United youngsters we will try for using their relegation to get them (interesting only one Dundee United youth product has started in the last 3 games, Dow. Mixu strikes me as a manager who rather have experienced players and all it takes is Souttar to say how great Hearts have been to develop themselves to make some want to come.) 

I do hope that for all our players with the potential to have bids come in, we have a list of replacements for each, even have ones we can go for after window closes (like Djoum and Kitchen) in case we lose a player on the last day of the window.

Keeper - Scott Bain at Dundee. 24. Big Jambo. Linked with Everton for sometime. Now in Scotland squad.

Left back - Stephen Hendrie at West Ham. Now on loan at Southend. Never gonna displace Cresswell.

Right back if Paterson leaves - Ziggy Gordon at Hamilton. Oz and Souttar in the middle. Rossi kept. McGhee away to help fund buys.

Centre mid - Scott Allan to play alongside Kitchen and Djoum. Mallan at St Mirren bought to develop, but certainly first team squad. Walker and Nicholson providing width. King can go, helps funds. Need another physical, box to box type in the middle. Pallardo looks wee and slow.

Forwards - biggest issue. Reilly, Douda and Juanma never the quality we need or gonna provide the goals. Moult at Motherwell should be top target. Scoring rate is exceptional. Taylor at Bristol, although I have my doubts the rumours are true. Hemmings or Stewart at Dundee.

A lot of dead wood around the place. Need it all off the wage bill. And this is the sort of quality we need to push on, and compete in Europe.

PS. I know it's a different thread. But 7,000 only for the new stand? Total joke. Sold out every game already in a league WITHOUT Hibs and The Rangers. Plus Europe. And neutral cup semis. All that space left for plastic shrubs on McLeod St? Should (and could, don't believe the stories) have been 12k+.

He was poor for Aberdeen's goal, needed to get there before the Aberdeen player .

Are we just overlooking how Shinnie had acres of space in the lead up to the cross? Souttar and Nicholson didn't do too well with that goal either I'd suggest

One good thing about Sevco getting promoted (probably the ONLY good thing) is that it will make it easier for us to attract players. Next season we will have twelve BIG games to look forward to (against the bigot bros and Aberdeen) and this may even be as many as sixteen if the wee team can get through the play-offs. I suspect the players we do sign will be  a mix of foreign guys like Djoum and Rossi (hopefully) and the odd young Scottish player signed for our development team as I can't see us going after the likes of Hemmings, Bain or Moult, for example, if there is a fee involved

Ferryjambo99

Keeper - Scott Bain at Dundee. 24. Big Jambo. Linked with Everton for sometime. Now in Scotland squad.

Left back - Stephen Hendrie at West Ham. Now on loan at Southend. Never gonna displace Cresswell.

Right back if Paterson leaves - Ziggy Gordon at Hamilton. Oz and Souttar in the middle. Rossi kept. McGhee away to help fund buys.

Centre mid - Scott Allan to play alongside Kitchen and Djoum. Mallan at St Mirren bought to develop, but certainly first team squad. Walker and Nicholson providing width. King can go, helps funds. Need another physical, box to box type in the middle. Pallardo looks wee and slow.

Forwards - biggest issue. Reilly, Douda and Juanma never the quality we need or gonna provide the goals. Moult at Motherwell should be top target. Scoring rate is exceptional. Taylor at Bristol, although I have my doubts the rumours are true. Hemmings or Stewart at Dundee.

A lot of dead wood around the place. Need it all off the wage bill. And this is the sort of quality we need to push on, and compete in Europe.

PS. I know it's a different thread. But 7,000 only for the new stand? Total joke. Sold out every game already in a league WITHOUT Hibs and The Rangers. Plus Europe. And neutral cup semis. All that space left for plastic shrubs on McLeod St? Should (and could, don't believe the stories) have been 12k+.

12k+! We don't have anything like the kind of money for that plus 5k more seats than the planned stand, no way that would fit in with room for car parks, turnstiles etc. Also the stand will be more than 7000, not exactly 7000, it'll be that for a reason, whether it be financial feasibility or how much space there is between the road and the stand etc

I really hope we don't replace Paterson with Ziggy Gordon.

Phew! Thought it was just me! Horrible footballer, industrial. And a cretin on the park too!

Finlay James

Phew! Thought it was just me! Horrible footballer, industrial. And a cretin on the park too!

Liam Smith has shown more than enough that he can step in if Paterson leaves

12k+! We don't have anything like the kind of money for that plus 5k more seats than the planned stand, no way that would fit in with room for car parks, turnstiles etc. Also the stand will be more than 7000, not exactly 7000, it'll be that for a reason, whether it be financial feasibility or how much space there is between the road and the stand etc

1) The additional cost of a stand holding 12k versus 7k is likely to be negligible

2) As regards finances, larger attendances make more money

3) The demand is there

4) The space is there - just look again at the artists impressions and how much is given to landscaping and shrubbery

5) It's about ambition, we're spending millions to effectively increase the capacity by about 1,500 only

6) It's not just about ego, size and scale attract players and sponsorship

Anyway, it's a player thread. But still feel animated about this small stand giving us a ground that's 5th biggest in Scottish league football.

Liam Smith has shown more than enough that he can step in if Paterson leaves

Fair play. You're probably right. Hope Paterson stays and it's doesn't matter. Hendrie at LB would be a great addition to the back four.

I don't think we need to do much. Left back similar to Holt at Dundee and a striker who gets goals (Matt Taylor/Moult/McKay).

Out Augustyn and Pallardo not to be extended. Dauda away. Don't think El Hass and Oshaniwa are going to cut it so if possible cut losses. Gomis can prob go. Would give Billy King another shot if head and heart are in it.

Holt is shite. Just ask Dundee fans.

Harvey Specter

There is still a lot of mediocrity at Tynecastle to move on, however Neilson suggested we are only bringing in about 5 and having a first team squad of around 18.

Gomis

Oshaniwa - GTF

Augustyn

McGhee - Good luck

Pallardo

El Hass - GTF

Dauda - GTF

In's

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

Scott Allan

Big strong centre half.

Quality young left back

Why would we bin a player that's been here less than a year because he 'just doesn't score goals', and replace him with a player that hasn't played at a higher level than League One?

Nookie Bear

Gomis

Oshaniwa - GTF

Augustyn

McGhee - Good luck

Pallardo

El Hass - GTF

Dauda - GTF

In's

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

Scott Allan

Big strong centre half.

Quality young left back

On Reilly, there is more to being a striker than just scoring sometimes, unless your reputation is based on doing nothing but scoring goals, like Boyd.

As a comparison (stats, not ability!), Jankauskas scored 9 in 37 and I expect he started the vast majority of those.

Sandy Clark scored on average 1 in every 4 games as well.

If Reilly creates chances for the other players then his own tally is less relevant.

KineticBeat

I think we will lose: Augustyn, Gomis, King, McGhee, Pallardo (and Dauda since he is a loan). 

We will be fighting to keep: Paterson/Walker. 

We need: 1 x LB, 1 x CB, 1 x CM, 1 x Winger, 2 x Striker

If Paterson/Walker leave we will obviously need to replace them too.

Those saying Reilly should be binned after one season need to get a grip. He was brought in as a development project. If you look at the progress he has made since the start of the season he has come on leaps and bounds. Yeah he hasn't put the ball in the back of the net enough but I'm sure that will come. 

I hope Scott Allan is not what we are after he is totally overrated ..... How many goals has he scored also has big fitness issues

Players that will leave:

Augustyn

El Hass

Pallardo

McGhee

Dauda

Gomis

King?

That would leave us needing IMO

GK

LB

CH

AM

ST

ST

Who we bring in is anyones guess.

I think that Billy McKay & Kane Hemmings are great shouts though.

Bazzas right boot

Are we just overlooking how Shinnie had acres of space in the lead up to the cross? Souttar and Nicholson didn't do too well with that goal either I'd suggest

I'm with you, Souttar, who is quality was,ripped for bum paper in the first 20, the centre half's were exposed, to blame blaz for the goal is silly.

Bazzas right boot

All good shouts, apart from ziggy Gordon, you his agent or father?

Out

El Has - if possible

Reilly

Juwon

Pallardo

King

McGhee

Gomis

In

Striker A

Striker B

Attacking midfielder

Goalkeeper

bringonthesevco

lots of people calling for a left back, a centre half, 1 or 2 midfielders and 2 strikers .....

Assuming these are all for the first team , what would our line up be

Alexander or Hamilton (or new Goalie as some want)

Patterson/Smith Souttar  New CB New LB                                         so no place for Ozturk or Rossi

Kitchen Djoum new midfielder walker                                                  no place for Bauben, Nicholson, Cowie, King, Zanatta

2 new strikers                                                                                       no place for Juanma, Reilly, 

Would be interested in seeing not just what players, positions people want us to sign but what their new team would look like ....

Build the team around Kitchen, Djoum and Walker.  Our defence should not be tweeked imo.  Let it settle as it clearly has the makings of something pretty special.  Without exaggeration I think we have defenders who could lace the boots of McLaren, Pressley, Levien, MacPherson, Fyssas, Webster and McKinlay.

FarmerTweedy

see rangers have put 100k bid in fir the young lad at livi matter knox surely we should be competing

Assuming you mean Matthew, he's had big interest from down south. I'd be very surprised if sevco could get him and very surprised if we could afford him.

Archived