summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

Bazzas right boot

People saying we don't need a left back....

Our left back has been replaced by a rb who is 19, and a centre half. Our only left back has managed to become 2nd choice!

Unless osh improves greatly, we most certainly do need a left back.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts

I've been thinking about this recently. If Robbie want's to establish his own formation then now is the time to do it with the stability we have from finishing 3rd and settling back into the top flight.

I just wonder whether he's going to try establish a rotational 3 at the back system during the pre-season, possibly along the lines of...

-----------Gilks / Hamilton----------

------Souttar----Oz-------Rossi-----

CP-------------Kitchen-----------Rherras?

------------------Djoum-------------------

Another---------------------------Walker

-----------Juanma / Another----------

Just a thought like.

There may be something in this. Last season was to stabilise and work on the players tactical awareness and discipline and improve their all round game to provide a base to kick on this season and let the reins off a bit.

Since we've been told there would be no news re signings until they happen it would be good to know what progress (if any) is being made in getting the guys whose contracts are up next summer to extend them. Both Paterson and Ozturk (maybe others too?) are in this situation, I believe, so persuading them to extend would be as good a bit of business as any this summer.

deanmillar

Since we've been told there would be no news re signings until they happen it would be good to know what progress (if any) is being made in getting the guys whose contracts are up next summer to extend them. Both Paterson and Ozturk (maybe others too?) are in this situation, I believe, so persuading them to extend would be as good a bit of business as any this summer.

This 100%

grumpyespana

I think getting players in is more important at this moment in time but you are right we should be offering some of those players extended contracts as soon as our transfer business is concluded.

Unknown user

Seems to be a debate about what position he actually is? If a wide left player, that would make a lot more sense.

I must have missed that debate, as far as I'm aware he's a left back, although I've also seen him described as a "left sided defender"

Clerry Jambo

Confirmation of 6 exits........

By: Hearts Media on 01 Jun, 2016 09:43

Six players have left Heart of Midlothian Football Club upon expiration of their contracts today.

Neil Alexander and Miguel Pallardo both move on after spending two years at the club, while Blazej Augustyn exits following a year spent at Tynecastle.

U20s players Jahmal Howlett-Mundle, Sean McKirdy and Liam Henderson have also left the club.

Everyone at Hearts would like to thank them all for their efforts and wish them well in the future.

the general

Six players have left Heart of Midlothian Football Club upon expiration of their contracts today.

Neil Alexander and Miguel Pallardo both move on after spending two years at the club, while Blazej Augustyn exits following a year spent at Tynecastle.

U20s players Jahmal Howlett-Mundle, Sean McKirdy and Liam Henderson have also left the club.

Everyone at Hearts would like to thank them all for their efforts and wish them well in the future.

good luck each and every one of you

Watt-Zeefuik

I've been thinking about this recently. If Robbie want's to establish his own formation then now is the time to do it with the stability we have from finishing 3rd and settling back into the top flight.

I just wonder whether he's going to try establish a rotational 3 at the back system during the pre-season, possibly along the lines of...

-----------Gilks / Hamilton----------

------Souttar----Oz-------Rossi-----

CP-------------Kitchen-----------Rherras?

------------------Djoum-------------------

Another---------------------------Walker

-----------Juanma / Another----------

Just a thought like.

While I do hope we play more with three at the back, I don't think it's the answer every game, and I think we'll use it conditionally.

I would pull Walker a bit more centrally here into more of a true 10 role, and put someone like Nicholson out on as unbalanced wing.  If you're going to do wingbacks, you hope they can give you attacking width.

I must have missed that debate, as far as I'm aware he's a left back, although I've also seen him described as a "left sided defender"

His wikipedia page calls him a LB that can also play RB or DM.  In the longer youtube clip, he's clearly on the left a fair bit of the time, but also has some highlights which are him on the right and some where he's either playing the holding mid or cutting in from the right.

He's right foot dominant by appearances, FWIW.

jamboinglasgow

Falkirk have just confirmed that Liam Henderson has signed for them. Good luck to him

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/liam-henderson-joins-the-bairns/

Why do we not get a development fee?

Because we never offered him a new deal.

We released him.

Livvyjambo

Spoke to mckirdy on Saturday he's going to falkirk aswell

Wrong call like this lad and should still be developing here. How at 17 can make a fewx1st team appearances then binned at 18 is strange to me. May come back to haunt us

Arthur Morgan

Wrong call like this lad and should still be developing here. How at 17 can make a fewx1st team appearances then binned at 18 is strange to me. May come back to haunt us

Maybe, but let's be honest, probably not. Not one player we have released has come back to haunt us. Well you could maybe include Cummings but that's it.

We_are_the_Hearts

Heard that before................never happened yet though. Against ICT, his only SPL game he looked miles away from being ready and the people who see him EVERY day obviously feel he hasn't kicked on. 

hughesie27

Looking forward to Rangers going bust again after signing Barton and Toure!

Livvyjambo

Looking forward to Rangers going bust again after signing Barton and Toure!

Toure??

hughesie27

Toure??

From Facebook...

Kolo Tour? has been targeted by Mark Warburton to add experience to his Rangers defence.

The 35 year old was released by Liverpool at the end of the season and is expected to meet with the Ibrox club in the coming weeks to discuss a move.

From Facebook...

Kolo Tour? has been targeted by Mark Warburton to add experience to his Rangers defence.

The 35 year old was released by Liverpool at the end of the season and is expected to meet with the Ibrox club in the coming weeks to discuss a move.

:rofl:

The Treasurer

From Facebook...

Will these "discussions" include setting up a bank account in Panama ?

Anyone know anything about this lad, just been released by Sheffield United apparently been with them since he was 6 years old.

Has played for Scotland under 21's.

Callum McFadzean

Anyone know anything about this lad, just been released by Sheffield United apparently been with them since he was 6 years old.

Has played for Scotland under 21's.

Callum McFadzean

His Wiki page suggests he is not the type of signing we would make.

Auld Reekin'

His Wiki page suggests he is not the type of signing we would make.

Yup - sounds more like a h1b5 man to me...

In October 2013, McFadzean was released on bail after being charged with two counts of assault and two counts of threatening behaviour after an incident in Sheffield city centre earlier the same month. McFadzean pleaded guilty to two charges of assault when his case came to court in November 2013, admitting to hitting one female friend and headbutting another while drunk. As a result he was given a community order with 12 months supervision. "    :evilno:

Yup - sounds more like a h1b5 man to me...

In October 2013, McFadzean was released on bail after being charged with two counts of assault and two counts of threatening behaviour after an incident in Sheffield city centre earlier the same month. McFadzean pleaded guilty to two charges of assault when his case came to court in November 2013, admitting to hitting one female friend and headbutting another while drunk. As a result he was given a community order with 12 months supervision. "    :evilno:

Oh Dear. It obviously never bothered the Scotland under 21's management though.

Auld Reekin'

Oh Dear. It obviously never bothered the Scotland under 21's management though.

They probably thought "good heading ability".

macker1874

Can't see it myself tbh dont think he has got it. I might be wrong and he could do well at falkirk then get a move down England in a few years but he will need to stop going to night clubs every Thursday and saturday

Scotsman has a story today indicating the club are bracing themselves for bids and increased interest from clubs in England for certain players....but not until early July 

I suspect we will see a couple leave and of course a couple more than were expected arriving as a result

Livvyjambo

Can't see it myself tbh dont think he has got it. I might be wrong and he could do well at falkirk then get a move down England in a few years but he will need to stop going to night clubs every Thursday and saturday

Just nonsense . This lad is as dedicated as they come , in fact they call him the sponge, takes everything in with a great attitude. I have since been told that his height is the main fear from within the club :(

Livvyjambo

Scotsman has a story today indicating the club are bracing themselves for bids and increased interest from clubs in England for certain players....but not until early July

I suspect we will see a couple leave and of course a couple more than were expected arriving as a result

How do we treat Paterson and Hamilton who have missed a big chunk of the break away with Scotland ? Surely they need time off but with Europe coming up we have a need also

I do think it would be better if window closed before league season started

But understand it's hard with different league dates and the issue of Champions / Europa League where you might make signings based on whether you qualify for group stages both for players wanting to come and having considerably more money.

scott herbertson

Just nonsense . This lad is as dedicated as they come , in fact they call him the sponge, takes everything in with a great attitude. I have since been told that his height is the main fear from within the club :(

In the matches I saw he worked hard enough but with little product in terms of creativity, making openings or imposing himself on the opposition. Not to say he won't come good but I see where the management are coming from in releasing him.

How do we treat Paterson and Hamilton who have missed a big chunk of the break away with Scotland ? Surely they need time off but with Europe coming up we have a need also

What if we had qualified for the Euros they may well have been away then as well. Paterson himself said he was happy to be playing as he had a lengthy lay off when he injured his shoulder and Goalkeepers are worked less so don't get fatigued as much so don't think there will be a problem.

We have Liam Smith and Souttar who can both play RB if required.

Livvyjambo

What if we had qualified for the Euros they may well have been away then as well. Paterson himself said he was happy to be playing as he had a lengthy lay off when he injured his shoulder and Goalkeepers are worked less so don't get fatigued as much so don't think there will be a problem.

We have Liam Smith and Souttar who can both play RB if required.

Paterson will go anyway I would image

johnking123

Sam Nicolson could be going to Aberdeen. Rumored to be in talks. Aberdeen have increased their bid by a good bit though and improve the payment plan. 

THIRABHESES

It's been suggested what you are saying about McKirdy and night clubs is untrue. Care to confirm or retract ?

LarrysRightFoot

Sam Nicolson could be going to Aberdeen. Rumored to be in talks. Aberdeen have increased their bid by a good bit though and improve the payment plan.

I am not in the know in any way shape or form but I would be stunned in the extreme if Nicholson went to Aberdeen.

To sell to a direct rival I would expect we would demand ?750k. Or a fee plus a player.

1. They don't have the money.

2. Would they let a player we are interested in come to us plus give us cash - IMO no.

There's also wether Sam would want to go there and I think that would be doubtful.

I am not in the know in any way shape or form but I would be stunned in the extreme if Nicholson went to Aberdeen.

To sell to a direct rival I would expect we would demand ?750k. Or a fee plus a player.

1. They don't have the money.

2. Would they let a player we are interested in come to us plus give us cash - IMO no.

There's also wether Sam would want to go there and I think that would be doubtful.

I think Hayes is wanted down south.

So if that is going through this deal makes sense for them and they could likely afford at least ?500k for Sam.

IMO it would also weaken them.

I doubt we'd do business with a rival if we felt it would improve them and weaken us.

I think Hayes is wanted down south.

So if that is going through this deal makes sense for them and they could likely afford at least ?500k for Sam.

IMO it would also weaken them.

I doubt we'd do business with a rival if we felt it would improve them and weaken us.

I'd bit your hand off for 500k.

LarrysRightFoot

Aberdeen don't have ?500k.

They don't get the crowds to throw money around.

Look I could led be wrong but as I said before if he goes there I will be stunned.

Aberdeen don't have ?500k.

They don't get the crowds to throw money around.

Look I could led be wrong but as I said before if he goes there I will be stunned.

They will get a bit more than that for Hayes.

What they don't have is debt that transfer fees need to go towards so they can respend it.

johnking123

Aberdeen make more money than us. Would not give all the money upfront. We will sell if there is a better player we can get.

gorgieheart

They will get a bit more than that for Hayes.

What they don't have is debt that transfer fees need to go towards so they can respend it.

Wigan have bid 500k for Hayes , so the sheep worriers will have the cash if that deal goes through.

Can't see us selling to a direct rival , but sam may want to go and have a fresh start after a stuttering season ?

Absolute feckin nonsense!!!! You obviously don't know Sean very well in fact you don't know him at all to come out with that shite!!!

LarrysRightFoot

Aberdeen make more money than us. Would not give all the money upfront. We will sell if there is a better player we can get.

I'd be surprised if they make more money than us - taking into account FoH contributions, The Save the Children benefactors and our crowds/season tickets.

Can the Dons compete with that?

Archived