summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

I said on the other thread about Benzema

maybe a bit laboured at times but might be an option

Bain is shit - massively over rated by people who base their reality on images of potential

doing well in sport is harder folks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coburg Hearts

Just how many user-names did JamboJohn1874 have?

Joe Hearts

Sheffield United (League 1) scores 5 in 27 games

Rotherham (Championship) scores 3 in 15 games

Ipswich (Championship) scores 1 in 19 games

Derby (Championship) scores 10 in 83 games.

If that's a good enough standard for u the. It just shows the lack of ambition. No ******* wonder Tynecastle as quite as a morgue, Boring humpball up to a striker that struggles to score 10 a season. Can't ******* wait...

I think I know what you're trying to say but all the teams you mention play at a higher level than us!

Maroonblood22

From what I've watched of Hamilton he's pish. Hey I may be proven wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Game over.

socrates82

Sheffield United (League 1) scores 5 in 27 games

Rotherham (Championship) scores 3 in 15 games

Ipswich (Championship) scores 1 in 19 games

Derby (Championship) scores 10 in 83 games.

If that's a good enough standard for u the. It just shows the lack of ambition. No ******* wonder Tynecastle as quite as a morgue, Boring humpball up to a striker that struggles to score 10 a season. Can't ******* wait...

He scored more goals at a higher level in England than Rooney who you seem to think we should sign instead, not to mention earning a 1.2m move to another English club while down there. And he's got 9 caps to Rooney's 0.

The problem is strikers cost money. I'm a big fan of Nicky Ajose at Swindon. At 24 years old he's scored about 25 goals in 38 games this season but before that he wasn't exactly prolific for any other club.

Swindon have rejected a bid of ?500k from a championship club for him. If we want a prolific striker, that's what we would have to cough up minimum, anyone on a free (in the uk) is likely to go to the club with the highest wage on offer.

I can't see us bagging a regular goal scorer for this reason but would like to know if the management team would be looking to making sufficient bids on players as part of the long term plan.

We_are_the_Hearts

See this word prolific? Seems to be all the rage these days. If we only signed prolific strikers we would never have seen the likes of Clark, Adam, Bednar, Janny, Fuller or Kyle. Adam played with Hamilton and McSwegan who were both prolific, who would folk have preferred in the team? Need to look outside just goal stats and more at all round performance and what players bring to the team.

Let's hope the Matty Taylor rumours are true.

We will know soon enough hopefully.

Not kept up to date with those rumours. Is he at the end of his contract?

I believe he is and there were stories on here that he had agreed a pre-contract back in Feb.

Then he proceeded to rattle in a barrowload to get his team promoted....

Well I hope that is true, he'd be a rare beast in the SPL. However, just googled and seems Wigan are in for him. 

See this word prolific? Seems to be all the rage these days. If we only signed prolific strikers we would never have seen the likes of Clark, Adam, Bednar, Janny, Fuller or Kyle. Adam played with Hamilton and McSwegan who were both prolific, who would folk have preferred in the team? Need to look outside just goal stats and more at all round performance and what players bring to the team.

I'll throw a Robertson into that list as well as De Vries!

The last time we signed a "prolific" striker we had to endure Sutton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fred Frans has left Partick. Useful squad addition for top 6 or starter for bottom 6. One of the reasons Thistle were solid

19/05/2012

Fred Frans has left Partick. Useful squad addition for top 6 or starter for bottom 6. One of the reasons Thistle were solid

We could do much better even as back up was he involved in the games we hammered them last season

Bazzas right boot

I said on the other thread about Benzema

maybe a bit laboured at times but might be an option

Bain is shit - massively over rated by people who base their reality on images of potential

doing well in sport is harder folks

Main isn't shit.

Why is everything so black and white on here.

Gilks is a good keeper, hopefully Hamilton will take over as he is also good and got potential, why waste money on bain, doesn't make bain shit, tho.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We could do much better even as back up was he involved in the games we hammered them last season

Probably but a reasonable player for somebody

This may mean he is coming to us as goalkeeping coach as was rumoured a few days ago

Paul Gallacher has left Partick Thistle

We have been linked with Robbie Muirhead who was at Dundee Utd in the EEN. Available on a free as United decided against extending his contract.

My Sheep Shogging mate claims the sheep are on the verge of signing Sam Nicholson.  Any truth in this or is he talking sh!te!!!??

Ferryjambo99

My Sheep Shogging mate claims the sheep are on the verge of signing Sam Nicholson. Any truth in this or is he talking sh!te!!!??

That has been doing the rounds for yonks. I'd hope we wouldn't sell him to a rival

We_are_the_Hearts

That has been doing the rounds for yonks. I'd hope we wouldn't sell him to a rival

Guaranteed if it happens it will be the same folk that slag him off each week that go into pantwetting mode so they can have a dig at CL and Robbie

My Sheep Shogging mate claims the sheep are on the verge of signing Sam Nicholson.  Any truth in this or is he talking sh!te!!!??

I've heard this from a few people too, I'd be very surprised if there was any business between 2 clubs competing for the same thing but you never know !

I believe he is and there were stories on here that he had agreed a pre-contract back in Feb.

Then he proceeded to rattle in a barrowload to get his team promoted....

It was on the Bristol equivalent of kickback that he had signed a pre-contract with us however how they know is about as reliable as the info we get on here.

Lee Novak ex of Birmingham City has been discussed as a possible target.............on loan at Chesterfield last season and scored 14 goals

Winston Ingram

It was on the Bristol equivalent of kickback that he had signed a pre-contract with us however how they know is about as reliable as the info we get on here.

He didn't sign a pre contract. He did come and talk to us in January with the club obviously looking to sign him on a pre contract. Probably wisely, the boy wanted to see what his summer options were. I'd imagine those options are probably more lucrative than us now but prepared to be pleasantly surprised. 

Lee Novak ex of Birmingham City has been discussed as a possible target.............on loan at Chesterfield last season and scored 14 goals

If he had SPL potential, I would have thought Lee Clark would be eyeing him for Killie.  Both are Geordies and Clark managed him at Huddersfield and Birmingham.

Michael Scofield

We are wanting Greg Stewart. Would free up cash and a space for him.

Would like to see him but also want to keep Sam.  Think we are yet to see the best of him.  Sadly can't have everything though 

Michael Scofield

If he had SPL potential, I would have thought Lee Clark would be eyeing him for Killie.  Both are Geordies and Clark managed him at Huddersfield and Birmingham.

Can't imagine Killie would have the money for him mind

So by my count this is the transfer rumours with substance:

Matt Gilks - GK

Paul Gallacher - GK

Rherras - LB

Robbie Muirhead - CF

Connor Sammon - CF 

Matty Taylor was floating about but someone mentioned Wigan want him ?

If we're competing on multiple fronts I think we may need to sign another winger, centre half, and possibly a centre mid. But it has the makings of a solid squad.

Winston Ingram

Know something ?

Just what I posted! We had an early interest in him but I suspect he may now have overshot our financial runway. Would happily be proved wrong. 

The problem is strikers cost money. I'm a big fan of Nicky Ajose at Swindon. At 24 years old he's scored about 25 goals in 38 games this season but before that he wasn't exactly prolific for any other club.

Swindon have rejected a bid of ?500k from a championship club for him. If we want a prolific striker, that's what we would have to cough up minimum, anyone on a free (in the uk) is likely to go to the club with the highest wage on offer.

I can't see us bagging a regular goal scorer for this reason but would like to know if the management team would be looking to making sufficient bids on players as part of the long term plan.

James Collins banged them in for Swindon. League 1 is not a high standard

BelgeJambo

So by my count this is the transfer rumours with substance:

Matt Gilks - GK

Paul Gallacher - GK

Rherras - LB

Robbie Muirhead - CF

Connor Sammon - CF 

Matty Taylor was floating about but someone mentioned Wigan want him ?

If we're competing on multiple fronts I think we may need to sign another winger, centre half, and possibly a centre mid. But it has the makings of a solid squad.

Villa interested in Taylor now

Agreed all L1 games I've watched have been a poor level but Ajose has something about him. So does Rossi's wee brother.

Targets will be amended should finances change.

Should someone leave and we receive a decent fee then moves for players like Greg Stewart and others may become possible.

There will be interest in about 10 players if not more but some will only be realistic if others move out and money comes in.

A bit of a myth. Collins scored 15 in 45, a worse strike rate than Juanma had for us for example.

Joe Hearts

Having watched the change in our style of play as our first season progressed back in the Premier league under our illustrious leaders and if rumours regarding those coming in and those possibly leaving, I must say I'm a little bit apprehensive.

If we lose our flair players, the likes of Walker, Nicholson and Reilly ( who I would expect would leave if both Sammon and Muirhead sign) then as the pundits are saying, gone would be the fast flowing football and games would just be a war of attrition.

I know what games got me off my seat cheering and which had me questioning my !loyalty. Paying punters won't put up for long with not being entertained.

Hearing Lee Novak.

Heard that as well mate. Chesterfield were supposed to offer him a permanent contract but they havent as far as i know. I'd take him.

siegementality

Having watched the change in our style of play as our first season progressed back in the Premier league under our illustrious leaders and if rumours regarding those coming in and those possibly leaving, I must say I'm a little bit apprehensive.

If we lose our flair players, the likes of Walker, Nicholson and Reilly ( who I would expect would leave if both Sammon and Muirhead sign) then as the pundits are saying, gone would be the fast flowing football and games would just be a war of attrition.

I know what games got me off my seat cheering and which had me questioning my !loyalty. Paying punters won't put up for long with not being entertained.

Reilly is a flair player?

"which had me questioning my loyalty!" What Hearts fan actually says that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt Novak

From what I can see his wage demands are too high for us

What's he earning?

What's he earning?

From what I have seen he's priced himself out of a move to some English clubs who I presume could outbid us.

From what I have seen he's priced himself out of a move to some English clubs who I presume could outbid us.

I see, I think he'd be a good signing, hopefully we tempt him into joining.

At this rate we'll be announcing our new signings as the team lines are read out at the 1st round Europa League Qualifier!

Archived