summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

At this rate we'll be announcing our new signings as the team lines are read out at the 1st round Europa League Qualifier!

:D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction is that we'll announce two signings today, and the new goalkeeping coach. Reckon all three will be announced at 11:30am this morning, based on nothing other than positive thinking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

At this rate we'll be announcing our new signings as the team lines are read out at the 1st round Europa League Qualifier!

I could play in the midfield role for the 1st qualifier and we'd still progress. No rush :)

The Treasurer

Having watched the change in our style of play as our first season progressed back in the Premier league under our illustrious leaders and if rumours regarding those coming in and those possibly leaving, I must say I'm a little bit apprehensive.

If we lose our flair players, the likes of Walker, Nicholson and Reilly ( who I would expect would leave if both Sammon and Muirhead sign) then as the pundits are saying, gone would be the fast flowing football and games would just be a war of attrition.

I know what games got me off my seat cheering and which had me questioning my !loyalty. Paying punters won't put up for long with not being entertained.

We adapted our style of play (not changed) due to losing a ?1.5million striker but still kept winning the majority of our matches.

Not sure what "pundits" you've been listening to as I've not heard any of the pesh you've quoted.

"Paying punters" (I notice you don't call them "fans") won't put up with anything if the team is not winning.

As I've said many times, give me a boring 1-0 over an exciting 4-3 defeat any time

lost in space

We adapted our style of play (not changed) due to losing a ?1.5million striker but still kept winning the majority of our matches.

Not sure what "pundits" you've been listening to as I've not heard any of the pesh you've quoted.

"Paying punters" (I notice you don't call them "fans") won't put up with anything if the team is not winning.

As I've said many times, give me a boring 1-0 over an exciting 4-3 defeat any time

Is that you Robbie??  It is possible to win a game by scoring more than 1 goal!

The Treasurer

Is that you Robbie??  It is possible to win a game by scoring more than 1 goal!

It's also possible to lose when scoring more than one goal.

I take it from your comments you'd rather we became "exciting losers" rather than just winners  :rolleyes5:

Reilly is a flair player?

The guy that wrote that must be on something. That's the funniest statement I've heard for a long time :sunny:

Unknown user

The guy that wrote that must be on something. That's the funniest statement I've heard for a long time :sunny:

Running really fast and trying really hard isn't flair, it's dynamic.

Dynamic is good, and we're lacking that in our team, but you're right, it definitely isn't flair!

Let's hope the Matty Taylor rumours are true.

We will know soon enough hopefully.

BBC gossip has him at Celtic

I take it from your comments you'd rather we became "exciting losers" rather than just winners :rolleyes5:

It's all very Hibs. Or Scotland.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Doubt Novak

From what I can see his wage demands are too high for us

This. Plus he is still too busy giving Andy Murray the run-around !

lost in space

I take it from your comments you'd rather we became "exciting losers" rather than just winners  :rolleyes5:

I would prefer that we used the right tactics to win the game.  Sometimes we will be forced to defend;  but mainly we should aim to attack when playing inferior sides (which most in the SPL are).- even when playing away from home.  We show too much respect to opposition.

We would lose more goals but should score many more.  The loss of Sow may have been the reason for an over-cautious approach - but I believe that many fans will not be happy if this approach continues after this transfer window.

The Future's Maroon

The Twitter joke worked with the left back....don't push it too far and add it to every player we are linked too?

:D really?

Looks a duff account to be fair the fact he's then blocked me would only confirm this

Is that you Robbie?? It is possible to win a game by scoring more than 1 goal!

Yep.

Which we did a load of times last season.

Looks a duff account to be fair the fact he's then blocked me would only confirm this

Oh, you think thats the reason [emoji23]

No it's just a boy called Lee Novak who doesn't happen to be a footballer FFS

Having watched the change in our style of play as our first season progressed back in the Premier league under our illustrious leaders and if rumours regarding those coming in and those possibly leaving, I must say I'm a little bit apprehensive.

If we lose our flair players, the likes of Walker, Nicholson and Reilly ( who I would expect would leave if both Sammon and Muirhead sign) then as the pundits are saying, gone would be the fast flowing football and games would just be a war of attrition.

I know what games got me off my seat cheering and which had me questioning my !loyalty. Paying punters won't put up for long with not being entertained.

Plenty of flair at Easter Road mate. Allegedly.

Oh, you think thats the reason [emoji23]

Totally

[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

[emoji23]

Running really fast and trying really hard isn't flair, it's dynamic.

Dynamic is good, and we're lacking that in our team, but you're right, it definitely isn't flair!

Certainly could never fault the guy for effort or running about but for me he just isn't good enough for us.

In reply to numerous posts,

I'll give you a list of our best displays and and performances last season,

Thistle 3-0

Celtic 2-2

Aberdeen1-0

Motherwell 6-0

Inverness 2-0

Aforementioned player, played a significant part in all these games, even if some posters do want to accept the facts.

As for performances, there's no way I want to sit through any games of the likes of our Motherwell away defeat or the debacle of the freezing Inverness away draw but I fear they're more of the types of performances we'll be faced with this season.

We_are_the_Hearts

In reply to numerous posts,

I'll give you a list of our best displays and and performances last season,

Thistle 3-0

Celtic 2-2

Aberdeen1-0

Motherwell 6-0

Inverness 2-0

Aforementioned player, played a significant part in all these games, even if some posters do want to accept the facts.

As for performances, there's no way I want to sit through any games of the likes of our Motherwell away defeat or the debacle of the freezing Inverness away draw but I fear they're more of the types of performances we'll be faced with this season.

We beat Thistle 4-0. The Friday night 2-1 win against Aberdeen was my favourite game and thought it was the best atmosphere.

LarrysRightFoot

We beat Thistle 4-0. The Friday night 2-1 win against Aberdeen was my favourite game and thought it was the best atmosphere.

We won 4-0 away to Thistle - and were rotten, Thistle were even worse luckily.

Think he means the 3-0 home win v Thistle.

We_are_the_Hearts

We won 4-0 away to Thistle - and were rotten, Thistle were even worse luckily.

Think he means the 3-0 home win v Thistle.

My mistake

Fine-Young-Scallywag

Girlfirend and her family are diehard Pars fans so I've heard El Bhaktoui(sp) is odds on to sign for Dundee now

Girlfirend and her family are diehard Pars fans so I've heard El Bhaktoui(sp) is odds on to sign for Dundee now

Wait for it!!!

Leaving the door open for Hemmings to move to Hearts

That will be some strike force Dundee will have. Assuming that guy who looks like Willie Lopez from the film, Ghost, that they signed recently is good as well. Certainly looks the part and scored loads at his last team.

The Treasurer

I would prefer that we used the right tactics to win the game.  Sometimes we will be forced to defend;  but mainly we should aim to attack when playing inferior sides (which most in the SPL are).- even when playing away from home.  We show too much respect to opposition.

We would lose more goals but should score many more.  The loss of Sow may have been the reason for an over-cautious approach - but I believe that many fans will not be happy if this approach continues after this transfer window.

If we win a game then it would suggest that the "right tactics" were used (whatever you mean by the "right" tactics) 

Fine-Young-Scallywag

That will be some strike force Dundee will have. Assuming that guy who looks like Willie Lopez from the film, Ghost, that they signed recently is good as well. Certainly looks the part and scored loads at his last team.

Well id assume it means Stewert is away dan saff. Dundee have a good squad think they are on the verge of peaking. Wouldnt be suprised to see them challenge 2nd/3rd for next season

Fine-Young-Scallywag

Wait for it!!!

Leaving the door open for Hemmings to move to Hearts

Paha more likely Hemmings will end up at Rotherham or some nonsense then be back up here at Partick Thistle in coiple o seasons time. Seems to be the trend of his career trajectory so far

sairyinthat

I would think the right tactics are prior to playing any team anywhere that team would have been analysed.Their method of playing and who in that team is the danger to us,once identified we should stop them dead in their tracks.Make them adjust to a different game plan.

Fine-Young-Scallywag

I would. Darren O'Dea is mince.

Sadly hes solid enough in a chronic league like ours. Thre rest of their teams I pretty strong though

We_are_the_Hearts

The same Dundee that finished 8th last season, beaten by a so called garbage away team twice. They have added a striker from the 4th tier in his country. Hartley must be a truly abysmal manager if he can only get these "great" players to finish 8th

What improvements have Dundee made that will see them going from 8th last season to 2nd in a league that now also includes Rangers? Bizarre shout.

Fine-Young-Scallywag

The same Dundee that finished 8th last season, beaten by a so called garbage away team twice. They have added a striker from the 4th tier in his country. Hartley must be a truly abysmal manager if he can only get these "great" players to finish 8th

I actually said I wouldn't be suprised if they finish 2nd or 3rd. They have a good squad and generally make decent signings from other Scottish clubs. If they do eventually get their act together, they could peak at some point. Other teams have done it before, Livingston and Dunfermline to name two

Fine-Young-Scallywag

What improvements have Dundee made that will see them going from 8th last season to 2nd in a league that now also includes Rangers? Bizarre shout.

I'm not saying they will finish second, just that they could. Their squad is quite strong and with a few signings could see them finally utilised the goal threat they already have. Stranger things have happened in Scottish football

I'm not saying they will finish second, just that they could. Their squad is quite strong and with a few signings could see them finally utilised the goal threat they already have. Stranger things have happened in Scottish football

Hemmings and Stewart aside, their squad is poor to average, which is why they finished 8th. 5th maybe, 4th at a push.

scott herbertson

surprised at no announcements today, as this would be the last good chance to encourage a few more season ticket sales before the phase 2 offer on Tuesday

I actually said I wouldn't be suprised if they finish 2nd or 3rd. They have a good squad and generally make decent signings from other Scottish clubs. If they do eventually get their act together, they could peak at some point. Other teams have done it before, Livingston and Dunfermline to name two

Dundee need to improve defensively

they are far too open, too attacking

admirable but subject to wild swings in performance and results

Archived