summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bit your hand off for 500k.

X2. Would quite happily take ?500K for Nicholson and move him on. Especially if Billy King is staying next season

How do Aberdeen make more money than us ?

A genuine question.

I know they earned more from their league position but don't we have bigger crowds and more season ticket holders?

What other revenue streams do they have to justify your statement ?

In house club store and better corporate. Once our new stand is built we will pass them but not until then I believe. Although our club store is in house now.

Watt-Zeefuik

Klaxon alert        new signing

Nothing on twitter or the website.  Was it there and taken down?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

As if St Johnstone have picked up Alston! Another one we've missed out on while we search the Polish 2nd division.

"As if" they've picked up Alston? So have they or haven't they?

scott herbertson

In house club store and better corporate. Once our new stand is built we will pass them but not until then I believe. Although our club store is in house now.

That's more turnover but not the same as more money to spend on our own priorities. I'd be surprised if we haven't surpassed them this year

LarrysRightFoot

You are a good poster mate but I still doubt that equates to our income.

I would say though they definitely spend more than us however.

Livvyjambo

It's been suggested what you are saying about McKirdy and night clubs is untrue. Care to confirm or retract ?

No response noted

Livvyjambo

Paterson to Brighton, Nicholson to Aberdeen , mcghee to middelsborough and reilly to Dundee utd

Would expect all to be replaced if leaving

kingantti1874

Higher turnover doesn't equate to having more money than us, they also have higher costs for their retail operation..

The T/O figures were also skewed by hearts being in division 1, no sponsorship, a fraction of TV income whilst aberdeen had in house retail and corporate, multiple cup finals and European football.. They also don't include FOH.

This season the gap will be reduced because of retail and next we will be well ahead when we have a full season of income.. When we get the new stand up we will see revenue jump significantly IMO

Livvyjambo

Higher turnover doesn't equate to having more money than us, they also have higher costs for their retail operation..

The T/O figures were also skewed by hearts being in division 1, no sponsorship, a fraction of TV income whilst aberdeen had in house retail and corporate, multiple cup finals and European football.. They also don't include FOH.

This season the gap will be reduced because of retail and next we will be well ahead when we have a full season of income.. When we get the new stand up we will see revenue jump significantly IMO

Our financials in terms of Match days will be dictated by what we deliver on the park so we must strike the balance properly. If we drift into mid table after Christmas I would expect crowds to drop to 12k but if we can push in the top three and continue with something to play for we will put another 4-5k consistently on top which would could mean over 1 million over a 9 game period

kingantti1874

Our financials in terms of Match days will be dictated by what we deliver on the park so we must strike the balance properly. If we drift into mid table after Christmas I would expect crowds to drop to 12k but if we can push in the top three and continue with something to play for we will put another 4-5k consistently on top which would could mean over 1 million over a 9 game period

We will never se crowds as low as 12k again IMO, there are simply more activebe jambos than there were pre Romanov.. We definately won't see them this seaso as we will at least match last seasons 13k ST..

cosanostra

Paterson to Brighton, Nicholson to Aberdeen , mcghee to middelsborough and reilly to Dundee utd

Would expect all to be replaced if leaving

How on earth would Aberdeen afford Nicholson? No chance.

There's no way United could afford Reilly unless we were taking one of theirs.

johnking123

We are catching up on Aberdeen and expect us to overtake them turnover wise with the new stand by a good bit.

Harry Souttar?

Jambof3tornado

We could be nice guys again and simply allow Gavin to find a new club.

cosanostra

I don't think we're at that stage yet with him. Another season like this one and then I'd say this is what will happen.

I don't think we're at that stage yet with him. Another season like this one and then I'd say this is what will happen.

Apparently we are open to letting him go. How accurate that is I've no idea but if we are looking to offload he'd be a decent bargaining chip.

Billy Mckay to hearts. I find it hard to be true seeing as he is back at Wigan for Pre Season but I work in football and heard this from two sources who have worked with him. This is word of mouth and I claim not to be ITK but he would like to stay in Scotland, Wigan have moved up a division and he could be surplus and the type of player I'd like to see with us. Thought I'd pass on the information because everyone loves a rumour true or false.

I would be a bit pissed off with that to be honest if it happened.

arw we really in that great shape financially where we can just chuck potential income away?

We keep getting told keep up the subs etc so I wouldn't be happy if we let potential income just slip away.

Unknown user

I would be a bit pissed off with that to be honest if it happened.

arw we really in that great shape financially where we can just chuck potential income away?

We keep getting told keep up the subs etc so I wouldn't be happy if we let potential income just slip away.

Let's say that no one tries to buy him this summer and we don't plan to use him next season (which seems like a fairly likely scenario to me) - isn't he then just a drain on resources at a rate of a grand a week or thereabouts?

Should we keep him for another year, paying 50k plus costs for the privilege, in the hopes of getting a 20k fee back?

Let's say that no one tries to buy him this summer and we don't plan to use him next season (which seems like a fairly likely scenario to me) - isn't he then just a drain on resources at a rate of a grand a week or thereabouts?

Should we keep him for another year, paying 50k plus costs for the privilege, in the hopes of getting a 20k fee back?

I do see what you are saying but what about out on loan with that club picking up the tab whilst still available for transfer.

If he starts banging the goals in we possibly get a fee or failing that a goal scorer back at the club.

Unknown user

I do see what you are saying but what about out on loan with that club picking up the tab whilst still available for transfer.

If he starts banging the goals in we possibly get a fee or failing that a goal scorer back at the club.

And what if that offer isn't there?

And what if that offer isn't there?

I think you'd still get a team willing to meet a good percentage of his wage.

Unknown user

I think you'd still get a team willing to meet a good percentage of his wage.

But then what? We'd still be paying out cash with practically zero chance of a transfer fee in return. What's the point?

There are hardly any transfer fees paid for players in Scotland, who honestly believes a guy who didn't make it at Hearts will attract one of these rare bids?

Honestly mate, I get what you're saying in principle but the actual finances dictate that it's a good idea to part ways with players you don't think will make it if they're willing to go without being paid off.

But then what? We'd still be paying out cash with practically zero chance of a transfer fee in return. What's the point?

There are hardly any transfer fees paid for players in Scotland, who honestly believes a guy who didn't make it at Hearts will attract one of these rare bids?

Honestly mate, I get what you're saying in principle but the actual finances dictate that it's a good idea to part ways with players you don't think will make it if they're willing to go without being paid off.

I do see where you are coming from mate.

Unknown user

I do see where you are coming from mate.

Holy crap did we just respectfully and reasonably debate a point?

I feel like we should at least call each other names or something, dickhead :lol:

Holy crap did we just respectfully and reasonably debate a point?

I feel like we should at least call each other names or something, dickhead :lol:

Erse!!! :lol:

frederic frans any good for us,turned down a new contract at thistle

Absolute keek. Everyone match I've seen he seems to either get sent off or score an OG

Absolute keek. Everyone match I've seen he seems to either get sent off or score an OG

Red cards for Thistle -one.

Own goals - 1

I'm no saying he's good, but still

Own goals - 1

To be fair if he only saw him in those two matches that's quite a high hit rate of failure...

Own goals - 1

That just can't be right.

Belgian guy right?

Even going into last season? I Definately have watched him a few times as stick on the mind that I couldn't understand why they persevered with him.

He scored and got an og in one game if I recall right.

I don't care enough to bother googling or arguing but i absolutely doubt your stats. I remember thinking 'that's the same guy who got sent off last time' maybe my minds playing tricks but either way he is still mince

Frans scored and og in a 2-1 defeat to Motherwell

Frans scored an og in 3-3 with dundee united

I didn't want to drag the googling out too much but at least I wasn't completely tripping.

He also got sent off after 2 yellows in first 25mins v Hamilton

I didn't want to drag the googling out too much but at least I wasn't completely tripping.

You can get any player's red and yellow card stats from soccerbase. He's only been sent off once, you're right about two OGs though.

joseywales

I think we should go for nicky law i really rated him at motherwell he may be got dragged down with all the negativity at gers at the time also templeton could do a job.

RudolfTheKing51

Love to see Scott Bain at hearts. Great keeper at Dundee and a few work mate say he's an Edinbrugh lad and wouldn't say no to hearts or hibs. Surly better than Gilks is. We can keep him for 8/9 seasons or sell him on down south like Gordon.

Love to see Scott Bain at hearts. Great keeper at Dundee and a few work mate say he's an Edinbrugh lad and wouldn't say no to hearts or hibs. Surly better than Gilks is. We can keep him for 8/9 seasons or sell him on down south like Gordon.

Surely better than Gilks is?

A commanding, experienced keeper that has played at over 180 games for Blackpool including successful promotion to the premier league and premier league season?

But aye Scott Bain has absolutely proven himself better with his 100 Alloa appearances and 60 for Dundee.

RudolfTheKing51

Surely better than Gilks is?

A commanding, experienced keeper that has played at over 180 games for Blackpool including successful promotion to the premier league and premier league season?

But aye Scott Bain has absolutely proven himself better with his 100 Alloa appearances and 60 for Dundee.

Wow, talk about short sighted. Gilks is past it. Highest he got was Blackpool. Bain can still go further. We should be looking to build a team for future. We ain't gonna compete next year so let's build a team to gel and compete in 3/4 yrs time. Bain is a class young keeper and has potential. Gilks has done well but should now look to be a coach. Same situation as Alexander.

Also we seem to just sign players that Levien like. Gomis,Buaben,Cowie,Swanson and now Gilks. Why? Gomis ain't great, Swanson is crap, Cowie is past it and yet still we sign him till he will be 35? Buaben is the only decent one so far out of the list above.

Wow, talk about short sighted. Gilks is past it. Highest he got was Blackpool. Bain can still go further. We should be looking to build a team for future. We ain't gonna compete next year so let's build a team to gel and compete in 3/4 yrs time. Bain is a class young keeper and has potential. Gilks has done well but should now look to be a coach. Same situation as Alexander.

Also we seem to just sign players that Levien like. Gomis,Buaben,Cowie,Swanson and now Gilks. Why? Gomis ain't great, Swanson is crap, Cowie is past it and yet still we sign him till he will be 35? Buaben is the only decent one so far out of the list above.

Gilks past it and should look to coach?? He's just turned 34 which isnt old for a keeper, still got at least 5 years left. Why spend close to ?1m for a keeper that has only done well at Spl level when you can get someone who has played in the championship and premiership in England for nothing?

Thankfully fans aren't in charge of signing players

RudolfTheKing51

Gilks past it and should look to coach?? He's just turned 34 which isnt old for a keeper, still got at least 5 years left. Why spend close to ?1m for a keeper that has only done well at Spl level when you can get someone who has played in the championship and premiership in England for nothing?

Look at the bigger picture. Buy Bain for 500k, 3/4 good solid seasons( much like Gordon) then sell him for a profit. Also Bain is proven in the SPL. Gilks has been in and out of Blackpool and Burnley. In his 15yr career he's only ever played for Scotland 2/3 times under Levien.

Why settle for mediocrity when we can has a class keeper who has sell on potential.

TBF tho you probably think we should continue playing Oshaniwa and u think Juanma is shit and a waste of space.

RudolfTheKing51

Would u sign Connor sammon or Adam Rooney? Rooney is proven to bang in goals in the SPL but may cost slightly more. Sammon had half a good season before jumping ship, he ain't played at a good level for 2 years.

Kind of the same situation. Bain will cost more but has proven his ability. Gilks will be free but gets hyped because he played in the premier league once.

Look at the bigger picture. Buy Bain for 500k, 3/4 good solid seasons( much like Gordon) then sell him for a profit. Also Bain is proven in the SPL. Gilks has been in and out of Blackpool and Burnley. In his 15yr career he's only ever played for Scotland 2/3 times under Levien.

Why settle for mediocrity when we can has a class keeper who has sell on potential.

TBF tho you probably think we should continue playing Oshaniwa and u think Juanma is shit and a waste of space.

Would need to spend more than 500k to get Bain considering Dundee want 1.5m for Stewart. Think money can be better spent elsewhere when Gilks is an improvement on Alexander and will do until Hamilton has had a couple of seasons playing 30+ games then he can move to number 1.

No I think Oshaniwa is dreadful, one of the worst players I have seen play for us, doesn't even look like a footballer at times. Also think Juanma was one of our better players last season and will be even better next season

I'm guessing you think Hamilton is shite then?

Since we could sign Gilks as number 1 and have a brilliant commanding presence at the back while Hamilton gains experience on loan.

Hamilton has the potential to be much better than Bain from what I have seen of both. If I was going to put my faith in a young keeper for the next 5 years I know who I'd pick anyway.

So no it isn't me being short sighted. I just happened to realise we don't need to spunk over half a million at least on a quality young keeper since we already have one on the books.

Unknown user

:lol: I'll be glad when close season's over!

RudolfTheKing51

I'm guessing you think Hamilton is shite then?

Since we could sign Gilks as number 1 and have a brilliant commanding presence at the back while Hamilton gains experience on loan.

Hamilton has the potential to be much better than Bain from what I have seen of both. If I was going to put my faith in a young keeper for the next 5 years I know who I'd pick anyway.

So no it isn't me being short sighted. I just happened to realise we don't need to spunk over half a million at least on a quality young keeper since we already have one on the books.

From what I've watched of Hamilton he's pish. Hey I may be proven wrong but I seriously doubt it.

From what I've watched of Hamilton he's pish. Hey I may be proven wrong but I seriously doubt it.

500x1000px-LL-9fcdf87b_335.gif

Signed for his old team Lierse

Would u sign Connor sammon or Adam Rooney? Rooney is proven to bang in goals in the SPL but may cost slightly more. Sammon had half a good season before jumping ship, he ain't played at a good level for 2 years.

Kind of the same situation. Bain will cost more but has proven his ability. Gilks will be free but gets hyped because he played in the premier league once.

He has played at a higher level than us every season since he left Killie.

RudolfTheKing51

He has played at a higher level than us every season since he left Killie.

Sheffield United (League 1) scores 5 in 27 games

Rotherham (Championship) scores 3 in 15 games

Ipswich (Championship) scores 1 in 19 games

Derby (Championship) scores 10 in 83 games.

If that's a good enough standard for u the. It just shows the lack of ambition. No ****ing wonder Tynecastle as quite as a morgue, Boring humpball up to a striker that struggles to score 10 a season. Can't ****ing wait...

Archived