Alston has signed for St Johnstone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers, missed that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ferryjambo99

Would take Ghoochannejhad.

Given the dauda and buaben spelling errors I think any attempt at that would look like someone had mashed the keyboard with their forehead

Unknown user

Given the dauda and buaben spelling errors I think any attempt at that would look like someone had mashed the keyboard with their forehead

dooda and baubles, and I just need to learn to live with it

Bob Loblaw

Looks like the Championship striker is Todorov from Nottingham Forest according to the EEN. He'll go into the development squad initially.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks like the Championship striker is Todorov from Nottingham Forest according to the EEN. He'll go into the development squad initially.

Good addition for the Development team, cheap, not much to lose, if he turns out to be anything it is a bonus

letsalldothebeattie

I would hope Robbie is going to add a striker for the first team as well as for the U20s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamboscanbevicius

See Gordon Greer was released by Brighton. He's 35 but pretty experienced at a good level. Not saying I want us to sign him, but likely to attract attention from a few SPFL clubs I would imagine!

We should be looking to England and young players 23 and under who are out of contract...they could cost English clubs a decent fee but can come north for under ?250,000 under the compensation laws..........much like, dare I say, Rangers are doing.

As if St Johnstone have picked up Alston! Another one we've missed out on while we search the Polish 2nd division.

As if St Johnstone have picked up Alston! Another one we've missed out on while we search the Polish 2nd division.

How do you know we won't bring in better?

Why not wrap it until we actually see any new signings in action?

I've saw Alston a few times and he has looked pretty ordinary each time. If we are to push on next season we will need to sign better than him.

I look forward to more calm measured and insightful posts from you going forward....

kingantti1874

Alston wouldn't dislodge, djoum, kitchen, walker, Nicholson, King, buaben.. Midfield is not where we are weak although a number 10 would be nice.. Keeper, left back, 2 forwards at a minimum..

Alston wouldn't dislodge, djoum, kitchen, walker, Nicholson, King, buaben.. Midfield is not where we are weak although a number 10 would be nice.. Keeper, left back, 2 forwards at a minimum..

I dont see the fascination with Kitchen myself but i agree as far as Djoum and Walker are concerned. I reckon we beed 2 decent strikers in, a left back and another winger who can produce the goods, as we have very inconsistent wide men.

We don't have a left footed midfielder, a midfielder who regularly scores goals, and Nicholson has been terrible for pretty much all of 2016. Think we could really do with improving this area of the team.

Captain Canada

If Neilson is serious mounting a title challenge next season we need quite a few new players

Keeper

Left Back

Central midfielder with pace

Two wingers

Two strikers

I don't think King and Nicholson are consistent enough on the wings. Reilly and Juanma have their qualities need competition.

Our central midfielders are decent but lacking drive and pace in the main.

Oshinawa can't do the basics right and should only play in emergencies.

Hamilton is a good keeper but it looks like Gilks will come in and be number 1.

With Paterson, Smith, Ozturk, McGhee, Souttar and Rossi we have a strong defence.

I hope to see Walker play more behind the strikers or given a free role. He bagged plenty goals when he came back after injury.

I'd like to see us go for players who are hungry and have a point to prove after being released from elsewhere rather than the likes of Cowie who's already reached the pinnacle of his career and is on the way back down.

Bazzas right boot

If Neilson is serious mounting a title challenge next season we need quite a few new players

Keeper

Left Back

Central midfielder with pace

Two wingers

Two strikers

I don't think King and Nicholson are consistent enough on the wings. Reilly and Juanma have their qualities need competition.

Our central midfielders are decent but lacking drive and pace in the main.

Oshinawa can't do the basics right and should only play in emergencies.

Hamilton is a good keeper but it looks like Gilks will come in and be number 1.

With Paterson, Smith, Ozturk, McGhee, Souttar and Rossi we have a strong defence.

I hope to see Walker play more behind the strikers or given a free role. He bagged plenty goals when he came back after injury.

I'd like to see us go for players who are hungry and have a point to prove after being released from elsewhere rather than the likes of Cowie who's already reached the pinnacle of his career and is on the way back down.

I agree, unless that Swedish lad from Paris fancies tasting the delights of Edinburgh.

Crying out for an attacking midfielder

Robbie and craig dont seem to like midfielders that attack

Sucks big time

Just saw the beast being released by Wimbledon...he would be great target man..makes zeefook look like an ad for slimfast...the guy is a mountain of a man and would knock over most of the spl defences with a stern look

Just saw the beast being released by Wimbledon...he would be great target man..makes zeefook look like an ad for slimfast...the guy is a mountain of a man and would knock over most of the spl defences with a stern look

I'd take him. Just for the watching the terror in the eyes of opposition alone

socrates82

Sucks big time

Don't know about that. I enjoyed watching Hartley and Valios. Djoum's good and switching Walker to attacking mid worked well.

Unknown user

I definitely think we should all be raging at our lack of Scottish championship signings while the transfer window's closed and everyone's on holiday myself

Winston Ingram

Was just browsing Fowler's Championship Top XI, and noticed the Falkirk pair LB Leahy and AM Alston.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/championship-team-of-the-season/

Having not seen a kick of the ball from Falkirk this past season I can't comment beyond that, but those are two spots we could use some help.

One look at Leahy being destroyed against Kilmarnock was enough for a "no thanks"...

Anyway, we won't sign a left back. Oshinawa and Rossi can both play there. 

One look at Leahy being destroyed against Kilmarnock was enough for a "no thanks"...

We ****ing better because Ozturk and Rossi should be our fixed centre pairing.

Dalstonjambo

Sucks big time

If only one of those 2 had signed probably the best attacking midfielder we've had in my lifetime (maybe cameron just edged him) then that point would be completely untrue. 

Oh wait, Levein did sign Paul Hartley didn't he?

Unknown user

We're known to be in talks with Faycal Rherras, a left back

Are Walker and Nicholson not attacking midfielders??  Walker especially floats and is very effective in that role.  I think we tend to forget how much we missed him last season.   

Winston Ingram

We're known to be in talks with Faycal Rherras, a left back

Seems to be a debate about what position he actually is? If a wide left player, that would make a lot more sense. 

We ******* better because Ozturk and Rossi should be our fixed centre pairing.

What about Souttar?

Winston Ingram

Point on left back is, unless there is any sense of Oshinawa or Rossi leaving/being binned (and no current indication of that at all) then we don't need another left back. That would be a waste of squad positions, three guys who can play there.

Centre back a different story. Souttar can't be expected to play 40 games at his age, McGhee future seems uncertain at best. So we are light there. Would expect one, possibly two, centre backs to come in (having lost Augustyn and probably losing McGhee). 

Point on left back is, unless there is any sense of Oshinawa or Rossi leaving/being binned (and no current indication of that at all) then we don't need another left back. That would be a waste of squad positions, three guys who can play there.

Centre back a different story. Souttar can't be expected to play 40 games at his age, McGhee future seems uncertain at best. So we are light there. Would expect one, possibly two, centre backs to come in (having lost Augustyn and probably losing McGhee).

fair comment

the uncertain thing would be looking to change to 3 at back with attacking wing backs

Rossi can't do that and we need better than Oshaniwa unless there some miracle transformation

also they seem to always be looking for better

Dave McCreery's knee

Always thought Lyle Taylor would be a good signing for us. Was impressed by the way he bullied our defence in the Admin season when at Thistle.

I'd take Akinfenwa tbh, however Its more just to say we have Akinfenwa :D

He's 34 now though :o

Can you imagine the reaction from hibs fans if we signed The Beast?

They would be writing letters about our physicality.

Can you imagine the reaction from hibs fans if we signed The Beast?

They would be writing letters about our physicality.

big physical team dontchaknow ?!?!?

:D

What about Souttar?

He's superb at times but Ozturk and Rossi compliment each other perfectly and Rossi is probably the best no nonsense centre half in Scotland right now.

Rossi isn't a left back and our second best centre half. We have 4 centre halves and 1 left back and he's pretty much been a disaster. I'll be stunned if we don't sign a left back.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He's superb at times but Ozturk and Rossi compliment each other perfectly and Rossi is probably the best no nonsense centre half in Scotland right now.

Tbh I can't remember the pairing of ozturk and Rossi playing together that many times this season.

At the start it was ozturk and Augustyn and then we had a little spell of Augustyn and Rossi then it was back to ozturk and Augustyn I think.

But besides that I don't think Souttar would have been brought in or that he would have came to us to play second fiddle.

Dalstonjambo

But besides that I don't think Souttar would have been brought in or that he would have came to us to play second fiddle.

Didn't Neilson say quite a few times the plan was for him to be a development player and get the odd start but he forced his way in to the team by impressing? And that he was way ahead of where he was expected to be?

Watt-Zeefuik

Tbh I can't remember the pairing of ozturk and Rossi playing together that many times this season.

At the start it was ozturk and Augustyn and then we had a little spell of Augustyn and Rossi then it was back to ozturk and Augustyn I think.

We didn't pair Rossi with Ozturk because we desperately needed him at LB.

For better or worse, it's unlikely we'll have a fixed formation next season anyway.  If someone can get odds on an accumulator with us trying Ozturk in DM again at some point next season and Robbie running out a back three with Ozturk, Souttar, and Rossi some other time, it's probably a good bet at any price.

Maroonblood22

We didn't pair Rossi with Ozturk because we desperately needed him at LB.

For better or worse, it's unlikely we'll have a fixed formation next season anyway.  If someone can get odds on an accumulator with us trying Ozturk in DM again at some point next season and Robbie running out a back three with Ozturk, Souttar, and Rossi some other time, it's probably a good bet at any price.

I've been thinking about this recently. If Robbie want's to establish his own formation then now is the time to do it with the stability we have from finishing 3rd and settling back into the top flight.

I just wonder whether he's going to try establish a rotational 3 at the back system during the pre-season, possibly along the lines of...

-----------Gilks / Hamilton----------

------Souttar----Oz-------Rossi-----

CP-------------Kitchen-----------Rherras?

------------------Djoum-------------------

Another---------------------------Walker

-----------Juanma / Another----------

Just a thought like.

I've been thinking about this recently. If Robbie want's to establish his own formation then now is the time to do it with the stability we have from finishing 3rd and settling back into the top flight.

I just wonder whether he's going to try establish a rotational 3 at the back system during the pre-season, possibly along the lines of...

-----------Gilks / Hamilton----------

------Souttar----Oz-------Rossi-----

CP-------------Kitchen-----------Rherras?

------------------Djoum-------------------

Another---------------------------Walker

-----------Juanma / Another----------

Just a thought like.

Creaming at the thought of that

Archived