US Elections 2016

JamboX2

Stop getting certain people's hopes up.

Wasn't Hillary disgusted during the third debate when Trump wouldnt give a straight up answer about accepting the election results after the votes were counted.

Changed her tune now.

The Democrats have acknowledged that there is no evidence of interference. The recount is happening because Jill Stein, who is an independent, has started the process.

https://medium.com/@marceelias/listening-and-responding-to-calls-for-an-audit-and-recount-2a904717ea39#.nbja8jbfw 

Beyond the post-election audit, Green Party candidate Jill Stein announced Friday that she will exercise her right as a candidate to pursue a recount in the state of Wisconsin. She has indicated plans to also seek recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Because we had not uncovered any actionable evidence of hacking or outside attempts to alter the voting technology, we had not planned to exercise this option ourselves, but now that a recount has been initiated in Wisconsin, we intend to participate in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides. If Jill Stein follows through as she has promised and pursues recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we will take the same approach in those states as well. We do so fully aware that the number of votes separating Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the closest of these states ? Michigan ? well exceeds the largest margin ever overcome in a recount. But regardless of the potential to change the outcome in any of the states, we feel it is important, on principle, to ensure our campaign is legally represented in any court proceedings and represented on the ground in order to monitor the recount process itself.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

alwaysthereinspirit
But they'll jump on board just to make sure everything is A ok and have lawyers onsite if needed to give assistance.

Stein has pulled more money in 2 weeks for the recount than she did in months of campaigning.

alwaysthereinspirit

Alfa, the implication that Obama was not born in the US is ridiculous, hateful, and racist.  It's beneath you.  That's why you got the profane reaction you did, which frankly was fairly well deserved.

As to the rest, I'm about ready to sign off on this thread.  Trump is now tweeting that he thinks millions of the votes for Clinton were illegal.  We now have people actually admitting to working a for-profit fake news on social media scheme that supported anti-Clinton memes, and Trump is openly using his office to promote his business interests around the world and refusing to apologize for it or set up standards for conflict of interest.

I would say anyone with a pulse and a sense of decency should be horrified by this, but I also would have thought anyone with a pulse and a sense of decency would have been horrified months ago.

To those in the US, a belated happy Thanksgiving.

He he. Trump is not not even in "the Office" yet. Obama is the man still. Conflicts of interest? Is the Clinton Foundation still up and running? Would it still be if she won? Bitter much.

Francis Albert

Trump won

Brexit won

No won.

Does anyone really think if the results had gone the other way there would have been the same refusal to accept them?

Trump won

Brexit won

No won.

Does anyone really think if the results had gone the other way there would have been the same refusal to accept them?

You've got to be trolling with that effort.

Half of America refused to accept Obama for 8 years, FFS.

Francis Albert

You've got to be trolling with that effort.

Half of America refused to accept Obama for 8 years, FFS.

didn't mention that result. But the vast majority just got on with it including almost all of the media.

didn't mention that result. But the vast majority just got on with it including almost all of the media.

Of course you didn't mention it. Now you're just being obtuse.

alwaysthereinspirit

Of course you didn't mention it. Now you're just being obtuse.

What did you mean by "half of America refused to accept Obama for 8 years"

I certainly don't remember any city marches, rally's or riots telling us he's NOT our President.

What did you mean by "half of America refused to accept Obama for 8 years"

I certainly don't remember any city marches, rally's or riots telling us he's NOT our President.

You mean other than the 8 year-long movement, stoked by an orange game show host, that continued to suggest that because he was born in Kenya that he was ineligible to be President?

Dear aussieh,

I don?t really appreciate your use of guttersnipe language directed towards me.

Your comment although lacking in thought and originality, creates the impression, (for me anyway) that it was penned by a character personality who could be best described as an uncouth, loud mouthed, flatulent huddy. Of course that?s just a perception.

Please keep your distasteful and unpolished roughness to yourself.

With thanks,

alfajambo

And you keep your trumpisms to yourself.

Hardman

And you keep your trumpisms to yourself.

Hardman

I am guilty of writing stuff on here, seen from my perspective at time of writing anyway, as harmless light hearted fun. However, the down line effect it seems predictably can cause offence to others.

I made what I thought was a humorous comment concerning Obama?s birth origins. However my response to your reply was unnecessary and unwise. Not to mention ridiculously immature in its construct.  

With that in mind, I regret and apologise to you for replying to your comment in such a way.

Alfa, the implication that Obama was not born in the US is ridiculous, hateful, and racist.  It's beneath you.  That's why you got the profane reaction you did, which frankly was fairly well deserved.

As to the rest, I'm about ready to sign off on this thread.  Trump is now tweeting that he thinks millions of the votes for Clinton were illegal.  We now have people actually admitting to working a for-profit fake news on social media scheme that supported anti-Clinton memes, and Trump is openly using his office to promote his business interests around the world and refusing to apologize for it or set up standards for conflict of interest.

I would say anyone with a pulse and a sense of decency should be horrified by this, but I also would have thought anyone with a pulse and a sense of decency would have been horrified months ago.

To those in the US, a belated happy Thanksgiving.  

I am listening very carefully to what you have to say. It?s clear to me that when I receive criticism from a very likeable and decent chap like you then I must be more careful with my comments. Especially the recent ones as you know. To be honest regret was looming seconds after the post button was pressed for recent musings.

It makes no difference to me as to the birth origins of world leaders, the UK PM included. As long as they endeavour to serve with honourable intentions, then country of birth for me is irrelevant.

I can accept you?re thought that my attempt at humour was ridiculous at its concept. However I reject the observation of intent to be hateful and racist.

I regret my unfunny, hurtful probably, SecularChristian/RepublicanDemocrat comment. Your thoughts, your business not mine. What do I know?

I appreciate your corrections and the fact that you take time out from your day to correspond here, even though you are at a distance.

Thanks again UA for your input. I intend not to contribute for a while. But look forward to reading your take on future events

I am listening very carefully to what you have to say. It?s clear to me that when I receive criticism from a very likeable and decent chap like you then I must be more careful with my comments. Especially the recent ones as you know. To be honest regret was looming seconds after the post button was pressed for recent musings.

It makes no difference to me as to the birth origins of world leaders, the UK PM included. As long as they endeavour to serve with honourable intentions, then country of birth for me is irrelevant.

I can accept you?re thought that my attempt at humour was ridiculous at its concept. However I reject the observation of intent to be hateful and racist.

I regret my unfunny, hurtful probably, SecularChristian/RepublicanDemocrat comment. Your thoughts, your business not mine. What do I know?

I appreciate your corrections and the fact that you take time out from your day to correspond here, even though you are at a distance.

Thanks again UA for your input. I intend not to contribute for a while. But look forward to reading your take on future events

The fault here is mine -- I didn't realize you were joking.  In which case, yes, it was funny and entirely appropriate.  There's just not much funny to me about national politics right now.  Every day brings new levels of awfulness and it's wearing me and everyone I know down.  In that context it's hard to remember ones sense of humor.

I apologize for overreacting -- that was my mistake.

I am guilty of writing stuff on here, seen from my perspective at time of writing anyway, as harmless light hearted fun. However, the down line effect it seems predictably can cause offence to others.

I made what I thought was a humorous comment concerning Obama?s birth origins. However my response to your reply was unnecessary and unwise. Not to mention ridiculously immature in its construct.  

With that in mind, I regret and apologise to you for replying to your comment in such a way.

The fault here is mine -- I didn't realize you were joking.  In which case, yes, it was funny and entirely appropriate.  There's just not much funny to me about national politics right now.  Every day brings new levels of awfulness and it's wearing me and everyone I know down.  In that context it's hard to remember ones sense of humor.

I apologize for overreacting -- that was my mistake.

I don't think that anything either of you said needed an apology.  It's a forum for expressing opinions and, as long as the posts comply with the published JKB rules, no-one should get bent out of shape about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna let this one sit fallow, but since you bumped it....

After Trump spends entire primary and general campaign criticizing his opponents for being close to Goldman-Sachs, he appoints three major economic advisors, including Treasury Secretary, who are either current or recent upper level employees of.... oh, go ahead and guess.

Seymour M Hersh

After Trump spends entire primary and general campaign criticizing his opponents for being close to Goldman-Sachs, he appoints three major economic advisors, including Treasury Secretary, who are either current or recent upper level employees of.... oh, go ahead and guess.

I'm guessing you're referring to Mnuchin for the Treasury role replacing Lew who appears to have worked for only 4 years in the real world between his Clinton and Obama government roles and guess what, a retired General with a great reputation for Sec of Defence replacing an academic/career politician. How silly of him to appoint people with expertise in the areas he appoints them to.

Who knows how this will turn out (Trump being at the helm) but he appears to be hiring on suitability and expertise in the department area as opposed to being in and around the party for years (ergo time served). Or as a lot see it jobs for the boys and girls in the political establishment. 

I'm guessing you're referring to Mnuchin for the Treasury role replacing Lew who appears to have worked for only 4 years in the real world between his Clinton and Obama government roles and guess what, a retired General with a great reputation for Sec of Defence replacing an academic/career politician. How silly of him to appoint people with expertise in the areas he appoints them to.

Who knows how this will turn out (Trump being at the helm) but he appears to be hiring on suitability and expertise in the department area as opposed to being in and around the party for years (ergo time served). Or as a lot see it jobs for the boys and girls in the political establishment. 

The point was rather that Trump repeatedly attacked the Goldman Sachs connections of Cruz and Clinton, and now has named both Mnuchin and Cohn.

But hey, he's hired an anti-union zealot to run Labor, a coal magnate to run the EPA, and a flaming racist to run the DOJ. Guess that counts as experience -- nothing wrong here, bang on.

Space Mackerel

You've got to love America. It has been "hacking" elections all over the world at least since WW2.

Very true. Can't argue with that. It's a bit cheeky of them to say. :lol:

Edited by Space Mackerel

Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State?!? Jesus wept (again!).

Were you an oil man in Houston, Peebo?  Curious if this comment came from any specific knowledge of him.  (I only know what I read in the papers and from what Exxon has been like during his time there.)

Were you an oil man in Houston, Peebo? Curious if this comment came from any specific knowledge of him. (I only know what I read in the papers and from what Exxon has been like during his time there.)

Not based on specific knowledge. I just think someone moving from leading the US' largest energy company to leading the US' foreign policy efforts would, inevitably, be hugely conflicted.

Seymour M Hersh

The point was rather that Trump repeatedly attacked the Goldman Sachs connections of Cruz and Clinton, and now has named both Mnuchin and Cohn.

But hey, he's hired an anti-union zealot to run Labor, a coal magnate to run the EPA, and a flaming racist to run the DOJ. Guess that counts as experience -- nothing wrong here, bang on.

Surely better to have insider knowledge at your disposal that political patronage. And if the DOJ is a "flaming racist " as you hysterically describe him he'll not be ratified will he. You really are a bitter little democrat UA. I don't even like Trump but he's there now and I hope he does a decent job.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I've no idea if Session is racist or not but he certainly seems to be a bit of a homophobe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions#Social_issues

As Attorney General of Alabama, Sessions worked to prohibit the recognition and funding of student Gay-Straight Alliances at The University of Alabama,[76]Auburn University and The University of South Alabama, stating "an organization that professes to be comprised of homosexuals and/or lesbians may not receive state funding or use state-supported facilities to foster or promote those illegal, sexually deviate activities defined in the sodomy and sexual misconduct laws." [77] And that "the State of Alabama will experience irreparable harm by funding a conference and activities in violation of state law."[76] The U.S. District court ruled against these actions as a violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution in Gay Lesbian Bisexual Alliance v. Sessions, 917 F. Supp. 1548 (1996)

alwaysthereinspirit

He he. Politics eh.

alwaysthereinspirit

He he.

Surely better to have insider knowledge at your disposal that political patronage. And if the DOJ is a "flaming racist " as you hysterically describe him he'll not be ratified will he. You really are a bitter little democrat UA. I don't even like Trump but he's there now and I hope he does a decent job.

Right, Cheney had plenty of inside knowledge as an oil executive running foreign policy, and that whole Iraq War thing went well, eh?

I've no idea if Session is racist or not but he certainly seems to be a bit of a homophobe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sessions#Social_issues

This is an editorial, but it has links to all the relevant material on Sessions. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/opinion/jeff-sessions-as-attorney-general-an-insult-to-justice.html

And if you think being racist will keep a GOP-led Senate from confirming him as DoJ, you haven't been paying attention since roughly 1972.

As to me being bitter because the Democrats lost, this is exactly upside down.  I don't dislike Trump's policies because he's not a Democrat.  I happen to think climate change is an urgent issue, that the DoJ has a major role to play in protecting civil rights, that the anti-union movement in this country is a big problem and the Department of Labor is supposed to play referee in labor disputes, and that the financial sector's influence is out of control and needs more regulation.

Seeing Trump's appointees getting ready to make Reagan and Thatcher look like reasonable moderates is genuinely distressing.  I voted for Clinton because I didn't want this to happen, and now it's happening.  And you're surprised I'm upset?

Edited by Ugly American

When Trump was being treated as a joke (pied piper, go check that Wikileaks) the ones in Clintons camp as apposed to Sanders outed themselves.

Seymour M Hersh

Right, Cheney had plenty of inside knowledge as an oil executive running foreign policy, and that whole Iraq War thing went well, eh?

This is an editorial, but it has links to all the relevant material on Sessions. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/opinion/jeff-sessions-as-attorney-general-an-insult-to-justice.html

And if you think being racist will keep a GOP-led Senate from confirming him as DoJ, you haven't been paying attention since roughly 1972.

As to me being bitter because the Democrats lost, this is exactly upside down.  I don't dislike Trump's policies because he's not a Democrat.  I happen to think climate change is an urgent issue, that the DoJ has a major role to play in protecting civil rights, that the anti-union movement in this country is a big problem and the Department of Labor is supposed to play referee in labor disputes, and that the financial sector's influence is out of control and needs more regulation.

Seeing Trump's appointees getting ready to make Reagan and Thatcher look like reasonable moderates is genuinely distressing.  I voted for Clinton because I didn't want this to happen, and now it's happening.  And you're surprised I'm upset?

I'm ****ing delighted. 

The New York Times and the Washington Post along with the rest of the MSM are claiming that sources from the CIA and intelligence officials tell them that the Russians hacked the election in favor of Trump.

No proof at all, and if you are not a foaming headline reader you would be asking if they meant the actual election or the DNC and the Podesta emails that were hacked. See how this is done?

They are relying on the stupidity, laziness and arrogance of their audience and readership, however, contrary to what they would have you believe, there are enough that have figured them out.

The New York Times and the Washington Post along with the rest of the MSM are claiming that sources from the CIA and intelligence officials tell them that the Russians hacked the election in favor of Trump.

No proof at all, and if you are not a foaming headline reader you would be asking if they meant the actual election or the DNC and the Podesta emails that were hacked. See how this is done?

They are relying on the stupidity, laziness and arrogance of their audience and readership, however, contrary to what they would have you believe, there are enough that have figured them out.

Big day tomorrow, nibs. ML will tell you what's happening or do your own research.

The New York Times and the Washington Post along with the rest of the MSM are claiming that sources from the CIA and intelligence officials tell them that the Russians hacked the election in favor of Trump.

No proof at all, and if you are not a foaming headline reader you would be asking if they meant the actual election or the DNC and the Podesta emails that were hacked. See how this is done?

They are relying on the stupidity, laziness and arrogance of their audience and readership, however, contrary to what they would have you believe, there are enough that have figured them out.

Tell us all about Pizzagate Nibs. You know that " fake news " that you were alluding to as factual on here. That thing I asked you to front up with on a number of occasions but ignored me.

You really are wired to the moon pal.

The New York Times and the Washington Post along with the rest of the MSM are claiming that sources from the CIA and intelligence officials tell them that the Russians hacked the election in favor of Trump.

No proof at all, and if you are not a foaming headline reader you would be asking if they meant the actual election or the DNC and the Podesta emails that were hacked. See how this is done?

They are relying on the stupidity, laziness and arrogance of their audience and readership, however, contrary to what they would have you believe, there are enough that have figured them out.

The highlighted parts also easily applied to the leaked 600,000 emails (remember them) which turned out to utter crap, but the hard of thinking fell for it, hook, line and sinker, which was the whole intention of the Russkies so they could help to get their man into the White House.

The highlighted parts also easily applied to the leaked 600,000 emails (remember them) which turned out to utter crap, but the hard of thinking fell for it, hook, line and sinker, which was the whole intention of the Russkies so they could help to get their man into the White House.

Your version of events is as bad as anyones you attack.

Riddley Walker

Sounds very, very familiar.

Got to laugh at claims made from CIA sources.

They themselves masters of rigging elections in every continent through mis information terror money etc.

Does anyone actually believe the CIA would allow a russian plant in the white house ?

That so called journalists from established newspapers are printing this without any facts or hard evidence is as ridiculous as any so called fake news.

Whos telling the truth.

No one probably.

Hey Nibs,

I see you have been online since I asked you my question but have chosen not to answer.

Some things don't change eh pal?

Stalking the guy now?

His news sources are no more ridiculous than yours.

And please tell me where your information comes from?

Your version of events is as bad as anyones you attack.

I attack no one, besides I thought it was common knowledge that everyone knew that Comrade Donald is as red as Rudolf's nose.

Stalking the guy now?

His news sources are no more ridiculous than yours.

And please tell me where your information comes from?

"His news sources are no more ridiculous than yours"......and then you ask where my information comes from.

You not seeing how ridiculous your statement is.

Anyway still waiting for Nibs to answer me.

I attack no one, besides I thought it was common knowledge that everyone knew that Comrade Donald is as red as Rudolf's nose.

You just attacked anyone who voted for trump as thick.

Seems the general response these days .

"His news sources are no more ridiculous than yours"......and then you ask where my information comes from.

You not seeing how ridiculous your statement is.

Anyway still waiting for Nibs to answer me.

No.

You take the high ground with niblick in your condescending manner.

Id like to know where you get your news from.

What makes yours more reliable than his.

Please if you are able to answer my ridiculous question.

You just attacked anyone who voted for trump as thick.

Seems the general response these days .

Well he's right, if you think trump is the sensible option. Anti establishment my arse. Meet the new boss.

Well he's right, if you think trump is the sensible option. Anti establishment my arse. Meet the new boss.

Oh i see and intelligent people voted for clinton because?

Do tell.....