US Elections 2016

JamboX2

You know what's utterly mental when you think about it?

Donald Trump's mum, Mary Anne MacLeod, was a native gaelic speaker from the Isle of Lewis. Her second language was English, she was as Scottish as it gets.

And no one's proudly proclaiming that a half Scottish guy is about to become the most powerful man on the planet! You'd think at least some scottish people would be ******-a-hoop about it.

Is it because he's SUCH a divisive figure, such an enormous tit (no matter what side you're on, surely we can all agree he's an utter buffoon!) that no one wants the association?

The people of Lewis generally have little time for Donald Trump, his sister on the other hand is liked an awful lot more and it is she who has visited the Isle of Lewis numerous more times than the Donald has.

You are correct as I think the main reason why 'The Donald' is unliked is due to his divisive nature.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

What narrative. A billionaire friend of the big business and politicians, but yeah he's the anti establishment, Jake.

Look at the shiny, shiny.

His view on Scotland, one big golf course.

The narrative being his political views.

I dont for one minute think he is anti establishment.

If Scotland goes indy though we will need businessmen like him.

You know what's utterly mental when you think about it?

Donald Trump's mum, Mary Anne MacLeod, was a native gaelic speaker from the Isle of Lewis. Her second language was English, she was as Scottish as it gets.

And no one's proudly proclaiming that a half Scottish guy is about to become the most powerful man on the planet! You'd think at least some scottish people would be ******-a-hoop about it.

Is it because he's SUCH a divisive figure, such an enormous tit (no matter what side you're on, surely we can all agree he's an utter buffoon!) that no one wants the association?

Anyone that thinks he is an utter buffoon, is an utter buffoon.

Riddley Walker

MInd when you used to say that the only reason Trump was running was because he was a puppet to ensure a Clinton victory?

And mind when I called you on that after he won the election and you never answered?

MInd when you used to say that the only reason Trump was running was because he was a puppet to ensure a Clinton victory?

And mind when I called you on that after he won the election and you never answered?

:laugh: He didn't, did he?

Oh, Nibbles!

Riddley Walker

Oh, Nibbles!

I'm not expecting an answer. It's one of the many things that seem to be forgotten about when proven wrong.

Oh, Nibbles!

Repeatedly and insistently.  He maintained it was obvious and that those who didn't see it were blind sheep.

Indeed. We are talking about a guy so smart that he doesn't need daily security briefings, doesn't pay federal income tax and gets military advice from TV news.

alwaysthereinspirit

:laugh: mmm

He does have a point though. He's a lot of things but not a buffoon. The tweets are slightly annoying, that I'll admit.

He does have a point though. He's a lot of things but not a buffoon. The tweets are slightly annoying, that I'll admit.

By definition, I reckon he is a buffoon. Except no one is laughing any more.

He's not an idiot, though.

The narrative being his political views.

I dont for one minute think he is anti establishment.

If Scotland goes indy though we will need businessmen like him.

He's just another bullshitter out for number one. I would like the FM to tell him to go and take a feck to himself. Scotland needs no one of his type.(If he is who he projects himself to be).

He's just another bullshitter out for number one. I would like the FM to tell him to go and take a feck to himself. Scotland needs no one of his type.(If he is who he projects himself to be).

Aussie.

Ffs if Scotland goes indy and we want to do ok in the real world we most definitely need business and big business.

Sorry but the fact is Scotland wont survive on current levels of tax v public expenditure.

Thats not to say Scotland cant cut it.

We once were the cutting edge of entrepreneurs.

Aussie.

Ffs if Scotland goes indy and we want to do ok in the real world we most definitely need business and big business.

Sorry but the fact is Scotland wont survive on current levels of tax v public expenditure.

Thats not to say Scotland cant cut it.

We once were the cutting edge of entrepreneurs.

Pretty sure we can fill the voids with homegrown talent across the board.

No I don't. Can you point it out to us.

Edited by niblick1874

Pretty sure we can fill the voids with homegrown talent across the board.

So am i.

But it will take a shift in the way we think .

I do believe Scotland can be very prosperous.

By definition, I reckon he is a buffoon. Except no one is laughing any more.

He's not an idiot, though.

Indeed. What Trump has done requires a particular set of skills in salesmanship, telling people what they want to hear, reading a room, projecting confidence, dismissing criticism, and stirring up particular fears.  He thinks on his feet extremely well and has a particular charisma that plays with certain people.  All of that requires considerable talent.

He certainly does not seem to have much interest in governance, though.

buffoon

noun: buffoon; plural noun: buffoons
  1. a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

He certainly clowned the people who said he had a Snowballs chance in hell of becoming President.

So am i.

But it will take a shift in the way we think .

I do believe Scotland can be very prosperous.

I concur. Being realistic is the best way to mediocrity.

I knew this was coming. I knew there was going to be new stuff. Someone that was close to this was saying that it would be game changing. This was today so I haven't seen the reaction or lack of by the MSM or anywhere else but this has been brought up by some on here as a way to ridicule others so we will see.

Here is what is underneath the video so as it may be a bit clearer

Published on Dec 15, 2016

They found the source document! Game Over! This was all orchestrated! Trump knew this was coming and that?s why he stayed out of it! Arpaio was one of the first people Trump met with when he announced he was running. Jerry Corsi of WND showed Arpaio things that shocked him. This is just the tip of the iceberg folks. Arpaio?s goal is not to expose everything he has, but to just get it in the hands of Congress and the State Department. Trump has been aware of this for years. I can?t wait to see if Trump even responds. Probably not, just like with Hillary Trump is keeping his distance and will let AG Jeff Sessions do the work! Trump is finally getting vindication. I examined the document myself when it was first released and having a very strong background in graphics and font designs, it was clear the document was a fraud! In fact, the forgery was so bad that anyone with average knowledge of graphics and the history of how fonts evolved would clearly see the multitude of errors! It is important to note that Arpaio is not even touching the issue of where Obama was born. He just wants to prove that a crime was committed and Obama was involved. This will allow new AG Jeff Sessions to go after Obama without having to deal with the pushback from the black community and liberal media. Trump was forced to say that Obama was born in America so that he could continue with the primaries without distraction! 40 year document expert Reed Hayes testified that the document is absolutely fraudulent! Independent document experts in Italy also verified that the document is a fraud! This evidence could never make it to a judge because no one had standing in any of the cases according to the Courts

Edited by niblick1874

alwaysthereinspirit

This is Trump's idea of Scotland.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-18-at-4.28.39-PM-645

It's just Balmorality for the 21st century.

To be fair it's lots of people's idea of Scotland. Green, bag pipers, mist and golf.

The bitterness lives. This thread is awesome.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Riddley Walker

I knew this was coming. I knew there was going to be new stuff. Someone that was close to this was saying that it would be game changing. This was today so I haven't seen the reaction or lack of by the MSM or anywhere else but this has been brought up by some on here as a way to ridicule others so we will see.

Here is what is underneath the video so as it may be a bit clearer

Published on Dec 15, 2016

They found the source document! Game Over! This was all orchestrated! Trump knew this was coming and that?s why he stayed out of it! Arpaio was one of the first people Trump met with when he announced he was running. Jerry Corsi of WND showed Arpaio things that shocked him. This is just the tip of the iceberg folks. Arpaio?s goal is not to expose everything he has, but to just get it in the hands of Congress and the State Department. Trump has been aware of this for years. I can?t wait to see if Trump even responds. Probably not, just like with Hillary Trump is keeping his distance and will let AG Jeff Sessions do the work! Trump is finally getting vindication. I examined the document myself when it was first released and having a very strong background in graphics and font designs, it was clear the document was a fraud! In fact, the forgery was so bad that anyone with average knowledge of graphics and the history of how fonts evolved would clearly see the multitude of errors! It is important to note that Arpaio is not even touching the issue of where Obama was born. He just wants to prove that a crime was committed and Obama was involved. This will allow new AG Jeff Sessions to go after Obama without having to deal with the pushback from the black community and liberal media. Trump was forced to say that Obama was born in America so that he could continue with the primaries without distraction! 40 year document expert Reed Hayes testified that the document is absolutely fraudulent! Independent document experts in Italy also verified that the document is a fraud! This evidence could never make it to a judge because no one had standing in any of the cases according to the Courts

:facepalm:

Please tell me you're joking.

WASHINGTON?The FBI is supporting the CIA?s conclusion that Russia interfered in the presidential election with the goal of supporting Republican candidate Donald Trump.

In a message sent to employees, CIA Director John Brennan said he had spoken with FBI Director James Comey and James Clapper, the director of national intelligence.

Brennan said in the message that ?there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election.?

So the Russians are getting their stooge in the White House.  Why do I get the feeling that this is not going to end well?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

WASHINGTON?The FBI is supporting the CIA?s conclusion that Russia interfered in the presidential election with the goal of supporting Republican candidate Donald Trump.

In a message sent to employees, CIA Director John Brennan said he had spoken with FBI Director James Comey and James Clapper, the director of national intelligence.

Brennan said in the message that ?there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election.?

So the Russians are getting their stooge in the White House. Why do I get the feeling that this is not going to end well?

You could say as opposed to the American establishment getting their stooge into the White House.

2016 has proven like never before that people in power dislike democracy

:facepalm:

Please tell me you're joking.

Seconded with a double

:facepalm: :facepalm:

By the way noblick, this is a thread about the 2016 us election. You should go and start one called "what anonymous tells me to think" for this pish

You could say as opposed to the American establishment getting their stooge into the White House.

The American establishment have a vote, same as everyone else.  And they're allowed to spend their money in support of a candidate, same as everyone else.  But everyone should be concerned when a foreign government plays an active role in determining the outcome of the Presidential election, especially when that government have been ardent foes of the Americans for 70 years.

I see what you mean about democracy, and it's not just the people in power; half the electorate didn't bother to cast a vote.

So the Russians are getting their stooge in the White House.  Why do I get the feeling that this is not going to end well?

This will dog Trump for his entire Presidency, especially since he encouraged the Russians to hack Clinton's emails and then they were leaked to Wikileaks & then he compounds all of this by appointing people to his cabinet with apparent Russian sympathies and or connections.

Even if this is all just coincidence (which it could all be) there are still plenty of conspiracy nuts who'll believe anything they read or see on the internet.

Tricky days ahead for the Trump administration, I can see a lot of mistrust for him and his team, even more than there is at present, especially when there is a potential Commie angle whether real or imagined.

Right, because the FBI had totally been in the bag for Clinton the whole election :cornette:

Riddley Walker

Seconded with a double

:facepalm: :facepalm:

By the way noblick, this is a thread about the 2016 us election. You should go and start one called "what anonymous tells me to think" for this pish

He was so pleased with himself as well. I watched the first 5 minutes of the video and the new "evidence" is that an "expert" has declared Obama's birth certificate to be 100% fake. Damning! Why anyone would take this at face value and just believe it is insane.

He was so pleased with himself as well. I watched the first 5 minutes of the video and the new "evidence" is that an "expert" has declared Obama's birth certificate to be 100% fake. Damning! Why anyone would take this at face value and just believe it is insane.

That's roughly 4 minutes 30 seconds more than I got through. People believing this kind of crap is why we saw that idiot turn up at the pizza restaurant with a gun.

That's roughly 4 minutes 30 seconds more than I got through. People believing this kind of crap is why we saw that idiot turn up at the pizza restaurant with a gun.

I could find an 'expert' somewhere who would swear that the Titanic never sank and it was just an insurance job and is currently being stored in a warehouse somewhere, doesn't make it true.

This certificate has been in the public domain for 5 years now, and it's taken them 5 years to spot what they said are glaringly obvious errors, errors which only they in the entire world have noticed and it's taken them 5 years to notice them, 5 fecking years, they have wasted 5 years of their lives, almost as bad as some of the wee team wasting 10 years.

I just hope they haven't wasted public funds in finding and paying these 'experts'.

Besides even if it were true, what do they think is going to happen?  Kick the big bad black man out of office, wee bit late for that now, and do they really think he'd get jailed

I wonder if there would have been the same sort of scrutiny of the President's birth certificate if he was called John Franklin Smith from Louisiana?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Right, because the FBI had totally been in the bag for Clinton the whole election :cornette:

Of course not but there seems to be a feeling that Clinton was somehow entitled to the job. She couldn't beat someone who was cast as a sex pest FFS.

Seymour M Hersh

What exactly have the pesky Russians done to actually win the Presidency for Trump? Millions of sleeper agents activated to vote for him? And does anyone think the CIA do exactly the same to countries all over the world as they're accusing Russia of doing? Of course they do. 

What exactly have the pesky Russians done to actually win the Presidency for Trump? Millions of sleeper agents activated to vote for him? And does anyone think the CIA do exactly the same to countries all over the world as they're accusing Russia of doing? Of course they do.

This is where I'm at. Is it the leaked emails that are being blamed for loosing the election?

The CIA, MI6, Mossad, FSB the Chinese and a multitude of other security agencies hack and spy on each other all the time, even on their friends they spy on, everyone knows this.  

The difference in this case is that Trump himself publicly called on the Russians to hack into Clinton's emails, it doesn't matter if he meant them to do it or not and he was only joking, it's what happened and it'll be seen by a certain section of the population as being suspicious and that the Russian's helped him out.

Did Clinton lose the election because of the email leaks, no, she lost the election on many other issues, however in a close race, any little bit of help you can get, just might make a difference.

Seymour M Hersh

The CIA, MI6, Mossad, FSB the Chinese and a multitude of other security agencies hack and spy on each other all the time, even on their friends they spy on, everyone knows this.  

The difference in this case is that Trump himself publicly called on the Russians to hack into Clinton's emails, it doesn't matter if he meant them to do it or not and he was only joking, it's what happened and it'll be seen by a certain section of the population as being suspicious and that the Russian's helped him out.

Did Clinton lose the election because of the email leaks, no, she lost the election on many other issues, however in a close race, any little bit of help you can get, just might make a difference.

I'm sorry but I'm not having it that a suspected hack of emails had any effect on the voting. Oh and the CIA doing the same thing and worse probably was rhetorical.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

We're the emails hacked pre or post Trumps comments?

I don't know if that's been confirmed, one way or another, however even if it was done before Trump's comments (which it quite probably was), were his comments then just an unfortunate coincidence, either way his words will come back to haunt him, simply because something he asked for then happened or had happened already.

I'm sorry but I'm not having it that a suspected hack of emails had any effect on the voting. Oh and the CIA doing the same thing and worse probably was rhetorical.

Neither am I saying they had an effect on the way people voted, however the inescapable fact is, if Trump hadn't publicly called on the Russians to hack Clinton's emails, we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

The Russians would possibly have hacked her emails anyway or had already done so and in all probability would have leaked them to Wikileaks for no other reason than some mischief making.

Were Trumps comments just a poor choice of words, an unfortunate coincidence, perhaps, maybe that's all they were, an unfortunate choice of words at the wrong time, we've all done it, said something which we later regret and hope for it to just quietly go away, the problem Trump has is that he said it on live TV in front of thousands of people and that's why I think this episode will keep coming up time and time again.

We're the emails hacked pre or post Trumps comments?

The emails were hacked and anyone that was close to it said that it was disgusted insiders that leaked them (not the Clinton emails but the Podesta and DNC ones). Then from nowhere and without any proof whatsoever from anywhere the MSM drowned that out with a deluge of, It was them big bad Russians, while tellingly not addressing the content of them whatsoever even though they are proven to be authentic and damning.

After the MSM had been doing this for a bit Trump said, tongue in cheek, if the Russians find any of the Clinton emails that were missing, the ones that Clinton said did not exist to do with the investigation into Benghazi where she lied under oath about there existence, could the Russians let us see them. Now the MSM will have you believe that he was asking the Russians, live on world wide TV, to hack everyone that was against him so as he would win the election.

Edited by niblick1874

Francis Albert

The emails were hacked and anyone that was close to it said that it was disgusted insiders that leaked them (not the Clinton emails but the Podesta and DNC ones). Then from nowhere and without any proof whatsoever from anywhere the MSM drowned that out with a deluge of, It was them big bad Russians, while tellingly not addressing the content of them whatsoever even though they are proven to be authentic and damning.

After the MSM had been doing this for a bit Trump said, tongue in cheek, if the Russians find any of the Clinton emails that were missing, the ones that Clinton said did not exist to do with the investigation into Benghazi where she lied under oath about there existence, could the Russians let us see them. Now the MSM will have you believe that he was asking the Russians, live on world wide TV, to hack everyone that was against him so as he would win the election.

Good post.

And I still can't quite believe that the USA of all the countries in the world is protesting about the allegation that a country interfered in another country's election.

Hillary lost because, from a very winnable position, she conducted a disastrously bad campaign. Trump didn't need the Russians' assistance.

Good post.

And I still can't quite believe that the USA of all the countries in the world is protesting about the allegation that a country interfered in another country's election.

Hillary lost because, from a very winnable position, she conducted a disastrously bad campaign. Trump didn't need the Russians' assistance.

I agree with that.  But although Trump might not have needed Russian assistance, it seems like he got it.

I could find an 'expert' somewhere who would swear that the Titanic never sank and it was just an insurance job and is currently being stored in a warehouse somewhere, doesn't make it true.

This certificate has been in the public domain for 5 years now, and it's taken them 5 years to spot what they said are glaringly obvious errors, errors which only they in the entire world have noticed and it's taken them 5 years to notice them, 5 fecking years, they have wasted 5 years of their lives, almost as bad as some of the wee team wasting 10 years.

I just hope they haven't wasted public funds in finding and paying these 'experts'.

Besides even if it were true, what do they think is going to happen?  Kick the big bad black man out of office, wee bit late for that now, and do they really think he'd get jailed

I wonder if there would have been the same sort of scrutiny of the President's birth certificate if he was called John Franklin Smith from Louisiana?

Did you watch it? I know you didn't because the things you go on about are all made clear in the video of the press conference I left to enlighten. Why not watch it instead of coming on with admittedly very limited, if any, knowledge and wildly speculating. Do you really think you can use common cense without knowing a thing about it to come to the right conclusions?  

Some years ago, around about six or seven, when there were murmurings about Obamas true identity and his past, there was demands to see Obamas birth certificate so the White House, that's the White House,  released a birth certificate purported to be Obamas and strait and people started to say it was fake. This was mid 2011.

Sheriff Arpaio and his cold case squad, as in the police and not some bunch of yahoo, were asked to have a look at it so as to put an end to the rumors and prove it's authenticity. These people got back and said that they were sorry but they could not say it was authentic because they had found it to be a fake.

The MSM rounded on them and lied threw their teeth as well as carrying out one of the most disgusting smear campaigns against the police and anyone else that had anything to do with it. 

Here is the press conference from 2012 with Sheriff Arpaio and others. They, amongst other things, call out the MSM, in no uncertain terms, for their disgusting attacks.

What happened next was that the people that did the investigation and were demonized in a disgusting manner by a full on assault by the MSM decided to quietly keep digging and came up with the original birth certificate that was used to make the forgery. BOOM.

They then asked the best experts from around the world to have a look and to a man they all got back with the same answer. It is not even a good forgery. It's a no brainer, it's fake.

Those are the facts and to answer your question about the point of it all and what does it matter. You will not come across the answer to this question by jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.

I agree with that.  But although Trump might not have needed Russian assistance, it seems like he got it.

There is no proof whatsoever from anywhere. Nothing.

There is no proof whatsoever from anywhere. Nothing.

Just because you haven't seen any proof doesn't mean that there isn't any.

The CIA and the FBI have both announced that the Russians interfered in the election.  Do you seriously think that they would make such an announcement if they haven't seen evidence?  Are you suggesting that this is some kind of conspiracy?

Riddley Walker

Did you watch it? I know you didn't because the things you go on about are all made clear in the video of the press conference I left to enlighten. Why not watch it instead of coming on with admittedly very limited, if any, knowledge and wildly speculating. Do you really think you can use common cense without knowing a thing about it to come to the right conclusions?  

Some years ago, around about six or seven, when there were murmurings about Obamas true identity and his past, there was demands to see Obamas birth certificate so the White House, that's the White House,  released a birth certificate purported to be Obamas and strait and people started to say it was fake. This was mid 2011.

Sheriff Arpaio and his cold case squad, as in the police and not some bunch of yahoo, were asked to have a look at it so as to put an end to the rumors and prove it's authenticity. These people got back and said that they were sorry but they could not say it was authentic because they had found it to be a fake.

The MSM rounded on them and lied threw their teeth as well as carrying out one of the most disgusting smear campaigns against the police and anyone else that had anything to do with it. 

Here is the press conference from 2012 with Sheriff Arpaio and others. They, amongst other things, call out the MSM, in no uncertain terms, for their disgusting attacks.

What happened next was that the people that did the investigation and were demonized in a disgusting manner by a full on assault by the MSM decided to quietly keep digging and came up with the original birth certificate that was used to make the forgery. BOOM.

They then asked the best experts from around the world to have a look and to a man they all got back with the same answer. It is not even a good forgery. It's a no brainer, it's fake.

Those are the facts and to answer your question about the point of it all and what does it matter. You will not come across the answer to this question by jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.

You should stop being so gullible. Instead of putting your trust in the MSM you blindly put your faith in this nonsense.

"The best experts from around the world." How do you know that? I watched part of the video, there is nothing there apart from a couple of cops with an agenda saying they have an "expert" who says it's not authentic. There is no proof whatsoever and it's embarassing you are falling for this.

Edited by Riddley Walker

alwaysthereinspirit

This is where I'm at. Is it the leaked emails that are being blamed for loosing the election?

Pretty much. If the leaks hadn't occurred we may never have known just how much contempt the Democratic nominee and her team had for certain American voters. That and telling them all they were stupid and didn't have a clue. That'll turn people on to your message (there was no message) every time. Still haven't seen the proof with regards to the Russians and their actual involvement. But the bitterness is huge on this one and the Democrats are clutching at anything right now to explain their embarrassment. Bunch of cry babies. So used to getting what they want that they don't know how to explain it. It's awesome.