US Elections 2016

JamboX2

J.T.F.Robertson

I find it impossible (literally) to imagine that guy sitting in the Oval Office. I mean, REALLY!

Then there's his troop of barbie dolls ....... what a feckin mess.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Seymour M Hersh

I find it impossible (literally) to imagine that guy sitting in the Oval Office. I mean, REALLY!

Then there's his troop of barbie dolls ....... what a feckin mess.

Well, come January you'll not have to "imagine" any more. 

Bridge of Djoum

Did I just hear Berny Sanders say if Trump has the guts to stand up to the multinationals he has a friend in me? Hmm,

Yes, your point?

Bernie, (not Berny) has always said he'd try take on Wall Street. Supporting, to some extent someone who has the same principle, in theory at least so far, seems logical.

You really shouldn't try dig deeper for some other agenda driven meaning, it's not there. 

Edited by BK 11215

Yes, your point?

Bernie, (not Berny) has always said he'd try take on Wall Street. Supporting, to some extent someone who has the same principle, in theory at least so far, seems logical.

You really shouldn't try dig deeper for some other agenda driven meaning, it's not there. 

If that's the case, why did he not only back Clinton who was backed to the hilt by wall street and that after leaving Clinton nameless before the nomination was stolen from him by his own party?

You can see what you want but that's not much going by your reply to my post.

Francis Albert

If that's the case, why did he not only back Clinton who was backed to the hilt by wall street and that after leaving Clinton nameless before the nomination was stolen from him by his own party?

You can see what you want but that's not much going by your reply to my post.

Because there were other things that on balance made Clinton more acceptable (or less repulsive) to him than Trump.

I don't think it's that difficult to understand why he should say he'd back Trump to the extent he means what he says about going after Wall Street, globalisation etc.

Edited by Francis Albert

Because there were other things that on balance made Clinton more acceptable (or less repulsive) to him than Trump.

I don't think it's that difficult to understand why he should say he'd back Trump to the extent he means what he says about going after Wall Street, globalisation etc.

You can't say you are going to go after wall street then back Clinton who is backed by and there for wall street. If you do, your credibility is right out the window and anything you say on the matter can not be trusted.

Francis Albert

You can't say you are going to go after wall street then back Clinton who is backed by and there for wall street. If you do, your credibility is right out the window and anything you say on the matter can not be trusted.

As I said, you can if you think that there are things other than "going after Wall Street" that outweigh your wish to go after Wall Street. Like going after Muslims, or Mexicans, or pregnant women , or so on and on. I think Bernie is just about the least culpable in this whole pile of crap. And of course there was a pretty big IF attached to Bernie's support. Edited by Francis Albert

As I said, you can if you think that there are things other than "going after Wall Street" that outweigh your wish to go after Wall Street. Like going after Muslims, or Mexicans, or pregnant women , or so on and on. I think Bernie is just about the least culpable in this whole pile of crap. And of course there was a pretty big IF attached to Bernie's support.

He is as culpable as Clinton, he backed her. He didn't have to and everyone would have understood if he didn't. That is the difference. He could have gone after both of them and should have, but he didn't.

Francis Albert

He is as culpable as Clinton, he backed her. He didn't have to and everyone would have understood if he didn't. That is the difference. He could have gone after both of them and should have, but he didn't.

So what would that have achieved? A bigger win for Trump?

American politicians had the opportunity to coalesce around an "anyone but Trump" candidate. They didn't because they didn't think Trump had a chance, Which was their failing, not Trump's.

Edited by Francis Albert

So what would that have achieved? A bigger win for Trump?

American politicians had the opportunity to coalesce around an "anyone but Trump" candidate. They didn't because they didn't think Trump had a chance, Which was their failing, not Trump's.

That has nothing to do with the point.

As I said, you can if you think that there are things other than "going after Wall Street" that outweigh your wish to go after Wall Street. Like going after Muslims, or Mexicans, or pregnant women , or so on and on. I think Bernie is just about the least culpable in this whole pile of crap. And of course there was a pretty big IF attached to Bernie's support.

Trump has certainly surprised me plenty of times over the past two years, so I'm not saying it won't happen, but if he does anything to Wall St. other than deliver them a gigantic package of further deregulation, I'll be beyond shocked.

The prevailing notion that Clinton was the pro-Wall St. candidate in this election has to be one of the greatest achievements in propaganda ever.

Francis Albert

That has nothing to do with the point.

So what is the point?

"He should have gone after both of them"?

I thought he did.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Trump has certainly surprised me plenty of times over the past two years, so I'm not saying it won't happen, but if he does anything to Wall St. other than deliver them a gigantic package of further deregulation, I'll be beyond shocked.

The prevailing notion that Clinton was the pro-Wall St. candidate in this election has to be one of the greatest achievements in propaganda ever.

I think the selling of the idea that either candidate was anything other than "pro-Wall Street" was a bigger achievement.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So what is the point?

I thought he did.

Word of advice FA. Logic won't help you here.

I think the selling of the idea that either candidate was anything other than "pro-Wall Street" was a bigger achievement.

"Wall St. with more regulations" vs "Wall St. with current regulations massively revoked but nasty pointy words directed at them" was an actual choice.

So what is the point?

I thought he did.

The point was not what his actions would have resulted in if he went after both of them. The point was whether he blotted his copy book by backing Clinton when it came to what to do about wall street and big business. 

I'll put it another way. He should have gone home and said nothing other than I had the nomination stolen from me. Before he backed Clinton I was rooting for him. Just goes to show.

He sold out.

Edited by niblick1874

Riddley Walker

The point was not what his actions would have resulted in if he went after both of them. The point was whether he blotted his copy book by backing Clinton when it came to what to do about wall street and big business.

I'll put it another way. He should have gone home and said nothing other than I had the nomination stolen from me. Before he backed Clinton I was rooting for him. Just goes to show.

He sold out.

Did his mask slip?

I thought everything was better now, but it isn't. :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38045114

Make them go away. Ban them. Ban them all until they are dead, the Obamian reptilian shapeshifters. Make holidays grate again. :whistling:

Everyone has a breaking point and people will not take this bullshit much longer. It is not inclusive at all. It is the complete opposite.

Francis Albert

I thought everything was better now, but it isn't.  :(

Make them go away.  Ban them.  Ban them all until they are dead, the Obamian reptilian shapeshifters.  Make holidays grate again.  :whistling:

Sorry but am I the only one who hasn't a clue what Uly is on about here? "Obamian reptilian shapeshifters"?

Sorry but am I the only one who hasn't a clue what Uly is on about here? "Obamian reptilian shapeshifters"?

He may correct me but i think he is meaning with the recent election results that farcical decisions like this would be a thing of the past.

The reptilian bit i think was for maroon legions who amuses him ....a lot.

As for the actual story its another example of safe religion bashing.

Typical of politics from the coffee and wine chattering classes who refuse to confront the wicked because of their skin colour.

Inclusive to all but christians it seems.

It strikes me that all this 'inclusive' bullshit and bending over to be Rogerd is very much a one way street. Not that I want any religious day but chances of Muslims calling Ramadam something else as to not offend anyone are less than **** all.

Evidently not.  :laugh:

I am pretty sure I get it, if not I have to admit to having a devious mind. Its almost like it wasn't you posting, or doing so on behalf of someone else.

Edited by bobsharp

I thought everything was better now, but it isn't. :(

Make them go away. Ban them. Ban them all until they are dead, the Obamian reptilian shapeshifters. Make holidays grate again. :whistling:

Obama was too cool for righteous white guilt asshats like this. This is a direct result of the self loathing venom that feeds up through the education system and distills on the indoctrination camps previously known as college campuses. San Fran schools authority have even designed a curriculum to make it all kids duty to 'reject' the Trump.

Wait, people are flipping out because a town stopped calling the holidays Good Friday and Columbus Day?

FFS, the government holiday never should have been called Good Friday in the first place -- that's an explicitly religious holiday and we still have separation between church and state.  (Unless Trump really decides he's getting cozy with Falwell.)

And Columbus Day is a dumb holiday anyway.  It was passed as a "take pride in being Catholic" holiday back in the day.  It's not like anyone actually celebrates it beyond sleeping in.

Obama was too cool for righteous white guilt asshats like this. This is a direct result of the self loathing venom that feeds up through the education system and distills on the indoctrination camps previously known as college campuses. San Fran schools authority have even designed a curriculum to make it all kids duty to 'reject' the Trump.

Did you read that in the same place you read that the SPLC is making death lists?

Wait, people are flipping out because a town stopped calling the holidays Good Friday and Columbus Day?

FFS, the government holiday never should have been called Good Friday in the first place -- that's an explicitly religious holiday and we still have separation between church and state. (Unless Trump really decides he's getting cozy with Falwell.)

And Columbus Day is a dumb holiday anyway. It was passed as a "take pride in being Catholic" holiday back in the day. It's not like anyone actually celebrates it beyond sleeping in.

It is not about that. As you know UA there is no love lost with me and religion so Good Friday could be called Beardy Myth Day to all I care but the fact after centuries we are changing it just to keep Muslims happy is another nail in the coffin that was the way of our lives. Yes, I said Muslims as let us not pretend, it is for their benefit. This one way street of ass raping must end. It us getting quite pathetic. It seems that we wll not stop at anything to keep them happy. They secretly must be laughing at us.

Did you read that in the same place you read that the SPLC is making death lists?

Both are true. I'd say look this one up but you've clearly not taken the time to see what that despicable organisation have done to Maajid Nawaz and Ayaan Hirsi Ali so here is a link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/san-francisco-teachers-union-offers-anti-trump-lesson-43586647

Both are true. I'd say look this one up but you've clearly not taken the time to see what that despicable organisation have done to Maajid Nawaz and Ayaan Hirsi Ali so here is a link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/san-francisco-teachers-union-offers-anti-trump-lesson-43586647

One day these students will look back and cringe at this. The world is alwys such a different place when you are young. As for the professional protestors and moaners that are Unions, they just have no shame at the best of times. Effing malcontents. Seriously, everything that goes against these people's way of thinking is some kind of 'ism' to these wasters. It is pathetic. Edited by i8hibsh

Francis Albert

FFS, the government holiday never should have been called Good Friday in the first place -- that's an explicitly religious holiday and we still have separation between church and state.  (Unless Trump really decides he's getting cozy with Falwell.)

And Columbus Day is a dumb holiday anyway.  It was passed as a "take pride in being Catholic" holiday back in the day.  It's not like anyone actually celebrates it beyond sleeping in.

I quite liked the Native American bar owner  Henry, or Standing Bear, in Longmire correcting a reference to Thanksgiving Day to Thankstaking Day.

As many of you have heard, the cast of the stage show Hamilton gave VP-elect Pence a wee bit of a lecture a few nights ago in New York.  

True to form, the Trumpets have taken exception to this 'harassment' and have sent sent scores of outraged texts and tweets.  Unfortunately, they sent them to the Hamilton Theatre in Hamilton, Ontario.

Sorry folks; wrong theatre ... wrong country!

As many of you have heard, the cast of the stage show Hamilton gave VP-elect Pence a wee bit of a lecture a few nights ago in New York.

True to form, the Trumpets have taken exception to this 'harassment' and have sent sent scores of outraged texts and tweets. Unfortunately, they sent them to the Hamilton Theatre in Hamilton, Ontario.

Sorry folks; wrong theatre ... wrong country!

I think people pay good money to see this show. How dare they disrupt it.

Francis Albert

Didn't Cumberbatch do something similar in London - lecturing the audience in mid-performanve about refugees or whatever.

I'd have asked for my money back in both cases.

The show wasn't disrupted. The cast read out a message during the curtain call after the show had finished.

However the show was disrupted the next night by a drunk Trump suppporter shouting abuse at the stage and taking ten minutes to be removed by front of house staff.

The show wasn't disrupted. The cast read out a message during the curtain call after the show had finished.

However the show was disrupted the next night by a drunk Trump suppporter shouting abuse at the stage and taking ten minutes to be removed by front of house staff.

I go to theatres / he cinema to relax and be entertained, not spraffled at by some pretentious wank who doesn't even have a proper occupation, or even vaguely live in the real world.

I go to theatres / he cinema to relax and be entertained, not spraffled at by some pretentious wank who doesn't even have a proper occupation, or even vaguely live in the real world.

I didn't say I agreed with them making the statement. And if they are pretentious wankers without real occupations why do you pay good money to see them?

Edited by Tazio

Francis Albert

So the show was disrupted as a direct result of the cast deciding it was appropriate to make a political statement from the stage, and provoking a response.

I think the display of luvvie and pop star and "celebrity" endorsements of Hillary in the last few days of the campaign probably helped Trump over the line. Why do these people think their opinions are worth more than anyone elses?

Edited by Francis Albert

What the cast member said:

"You know, we have a guest in the audience this evening. Vice President-elect Pence, I see you walking out but I hope you hear just a few more moments. There's nothing to boo, ladies and gentlemen. There's nothing to boo. We're all here sharing a story of love. We have a message for you, sir, we hope that you will hear us out."

"And I encourage everybody to pull out your phones and tweet and post because this message needs to be spread far and wide. Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us here at Hamilton: An American Musical. We really do."

"We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us: our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us. All of us."

This was read out after the show finished so the performance was not interrupted. Quite how anyone can have any problem with this is beyond me, particularly when you consider some of the things that Pence has come out with in the past.

So the show was disrupted as a direct result of the cast deciding it was appropriate to make a political statement from the stage, and provoking a response.

I think the display of luvvie and pop star and "celebrity" endorsements of Hillary in the last few days of the campaign probably helped Trump over the line. Why do these people think their opinions are worth more than anyone elses?

Who says that they think that?

They/he, had an opportunity to speak to the VP elect, and they used that.

It's a bit like lobbying, really.  But how often does an actor get the opportunity?

Francis Albert

Who says that they think that?

They/he, had an opportunity to speak to the VP elect, and they used that.

It's a bit like lobbying, really.  But how often does an actor get the opportunity?

They (actors, singers etc) take the opportunity all too often it seems to me.

It is somewhat ironic that the Hamilton biography and the musical play on which it is based glosses over the supposed lifelong abolitionist Hamilton's marrying into a slave owning family and conducting slave trading on behalf that family and, it is thought, having two house slaves.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert

I fail to see how a statement after the curtain call disrupted the show.

The disruption the following night would not have happened but for the reading of the statement the previous night.