Kodi again

Unknown user

I have an android box with kodi on it and I have sports mania

It all runs great except BT sport that continually buffers - I used my sports mania log in on my laptop (using the same wifi) at the same time and it ran fab.

Anyone got any ideas why it's buffering on my box when the other sports channels are allying.

Cheers guys/girls

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Unknown user

Any update if mania is accepting payments again any time soon? About to bin it for ace to guarantee the boxing.

The date they gave for being available again is Monday

Unknown user

So no free code for the weekend then? Ace here I come.

They're not giving a definitive answer on their forum, I guess they're feeling pretty harassed by it all.

Signed up for a trial of Ace and seems pretty good.  Currently running it on a 1st Gen firestick as a Kodi add on.  Thinking of taking out a longer sub, anyone have a recommendation for a good box to run Ace and a VPN on?  Seen Mag boxes mentioned a lot on their Facebook page.

jack D and coke

They're not giving a definitive answer on their forum, I guess they're feeling pretty harassed by it all.

I'm thinking mania's days are numbered myself. It's obvious someone is after them and they're laying low.

The payment thing wouldn't be down all this time if their arses weren't flapping over something.

I'm thinking mania's days are numbered myself. It's obvious someone is after them and they're laying low.

The payment thing wouldn't be down all this time if their arses weren't flapping over something.

Also quite likey no payment service provider is willing to touch them. If the big boys have their card marked, no other company will want to be guilty by association.

jack D and coke

Also quite likey no payment service provider is willing to touch them. If the big boys have their card marked, no other company will want to be guilty by association.

Aye it amazed me they had such a public Facebook page etc. In plain site for everyone it was only a matter of time before they were getting serious pressure applied.

Aye it amazed me they had such a public Facebook page etc. In plain site for everyone it was only a matter of time before they were getting serious pressure applied.

Was the same with Kodi addontv was everywhere claiming it was the future of TV no wonder companies went after them.

luckyBatistuta

Signed up for a trial of Ace and seems pretty good.  Currently running it on a 1st Gen firestick as a Kodi add on.  Thinking of taking out a longer sub, anyone have a recommendation for a good box to run Ace and a VPN on?  Seen Mag boxes mentioned a lot on their Facebook page.

AFTV...superb

IPVanish...I'm running this and it does what it says on the tin, but not tried any others to compare

Sportsmania sound similar to the guys that done Plex builds.Same type of defensive responses on Facebook and assuring everything would be fine while everything was clearly falling.

AFTV...superb

IPVanish...I'm running this and it does what it says on the tin, but not tried any others to compare

Well impressed with my AFTV seems to find more streams than my firestick 2 as well on Covenant etc

luckyBatistuta

Well impressed with my AFTV seems to find more streams than my firestick 2 as well on Covenant etc

Every time I use a firestick at someone's house, I can feel my blood pressure rising :lol:

Every time I use a firestick at someone's house, I can feel my blood pressure rising [emoji38]

Been watching 4k streams on my AFTV fecking great

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Unknown user

I have to agree, they're big now, they're a target. They've mentioned they have 32k active subscribers at any time, and quick maths will tell you at a MINIMUM of 50 quid a year they're pulling in at least a million and a half a year - and that means they're a high profile candidate for getting taken down.

How long has it been now that they've been paying for servers and bandwidth with no income whatsoever? No biggie? My arse!

Think it is a case of the Mania guys getting to greedy.

Keep it low key and the authorities won't take notice.

jack D and coke

Maybe the whole plan was get it as big as you can for as long as you can and then take the money and run. I certainly wouldn't complain I've had the best part of two years pretty flawless sports for ?100.

Maybe they'll re-appear under a new guise in a wee bit but personally I think they'd be mad not to bail now while they can.

Once they went "mainstream" the ball was already rolling, and it would be very hard to stop.

If they had issues with payment providers, an option may be to use bitcoin. Although this may alienate a lot of their user base, as not the easiest to set up for some,

Just signed up for Ace, as my sportsmania code ends tomorrow, and did not want to potentially miss out on the boxing at the weekend.

Fraggle Rock

Signed up for one month with Ace last weekend to watch the game and just to test it out really, and still have UM active until Sunday. It kinda leaves me feeling that it is a bit of a risk taking either of them long term.

Mania = recent problems could indicate they may not be here much longer.

Ace= fairly new on the scene so still a bit of a unknown and add into the fact that if Mania do go tits up and loads of people jump ship to Ace , will they be able to cope with the demand and keep the quality of streams they have just now..

Unknown user

Signed up for one month with Ace last weekend to watch the game and just to test it out really, and still have UM active until Sunday. It kinda leaves me feeling that it is a bit of a risk taking either of them long term.

Ace= fairly new on the scene so still a bit of a unknown and add into the fact that if Mania do go tits up and loads of people jump ship to Ace , will they be able to cope with the demand and keep the quality of streams they have just now..

I mentioned them before, Flawless have a decent reputation. I don't have personal experience myself though.

jack D and coke

Aye there's always a chance they'll go down and it had to happen with mania they were far too far out there to never be clamped down on.

Ace at a tenner a month is plenty just now especially with what's looking like a crack down on the re-streamers.

ACE have been around as long as Mania just we haven't heard of them until now.

Aye do some looking and it's not as if Mania invented the game.They got to big and well known that's been the trouble that and coping with an ever bigger and more demanding audience

Fraggle Rock

I mentioned them before, Flawless have a decent reputation. I don't have personal experience myself though.

Cheers , will have a wee look.

Just set up the EPG for Ace on kodi , jeez what a effort, worth it though and i think i prefer it compared to Mania epg, it just kinda blends better with the kodi page.

Unknown user

Cheers , will have a wee look.

Just set up the EPG for Ace on kodi , jeez what a effort, worth it though and i think i prefer it compared to Mania epg, it just kinda blends better with the kodi page.

It is a pain at first, but as you say it's really nice that it feels built in

Fraggle Rock

Flawless has the exact same web as Ace https://flawless-hosting.co.uk 

Might try and get a free trial from their facebook page but will need to get the wife to ask as am not on fb. or ?2 trial for 48 hrs, might give it a try and see how the cope with the fight at the weekend.

They seem to get some good reviews.

Flawless ?10pm for both sport and entertainment or ?7pm for just one, no yearly subs , 1 month only.

Edited by EH17

ive read stuff about using a VPN when veiwing stuff on Kodi, is this a must and whats the issues without a VPN.

Sorry for what may be a simple question for some.

ive read stuff about using a VPN when veiwing stuff on Kodi, is this a must and whats the issues without a VPN.

Sorry for what may be a simple question for some.

I have got a VPN but only for downloading. Never have used it whilst streaming and have no problems yet.

Gonna take a month of Ace as 2 week code finishes on Friday night FFS!! Did the 24 hr trial last weekend and watched Hearts game, flawless as were all sports channels. ?7 quid for a month and if Mania back will prob sign up for the six month package again. 

deesidejambo

I have got a VPN but only for downloading. Never have used it whilst streaming and have no problems yet.

Probably a dumb question but what do you download?  Isn't the material all streamed?

Unknown user

Probably a dumb question but what do you download? Isn't the material all streamed?

A vpn hides the details of your Internet traffic in general, not just for things like kodi. You could be downloading via torrents on a pc through a vpn too.

P.s. there are no dumb questions with this stuff - if you don't know, there's only one way to find out

Edited by ManMoth

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Ace said it had a free vpn. I just downloaded the kodi addon for ace, do I need to set up the vpn, or is it automatic?

Unknown user

Can anyone tell me what this actually says? I can't get onto it

Hello

Guess who's back from the "dead" Lol.

Now the admins have asked me to make a post as people have been concerned that I have not posted in a while.

That's sort of correct however I have been about.

Where have I been I hear you ask?

Well the answer is simple, here I have never left but myself and Merc have been working behind the scenes and been integrating our new system and working on sorting out the processor as we are trying to make an agreement with the current processor stripe and also looking at other options, so I think you'd all agree that you would much rather we work on the new system to get it up as quickly as we can than posting replies which as you all know we have admins for.

So a few things I'd like to address:

1) Is Mania dead or at least dying?

Lol despite the rumours flying and certain people praying we are going to close down I am sorry to disappoint you but we are not closing down at all, Reports have come to me from my admins that people are saying "Mania is done", "Mania is dead", let me set the record straight we aren't going anywhere and despite others taking advantage of our little misfortune of being blocked at the moment then let me just say, We have been around long enough and had a lot worse than this to deal with so have some faith and everything will be back to the way it was.

It seems like just because we removed our social media accounts to protect ourselves and opened the forums people are saying we are now dying a slow death and we don't reply or our customer support is non-existent now when the truth is we are still here, still replying as much as ever but just on a different platform.

2) Update on the new system:

We are progressing well with the new system and believe it or not we have been testing behind the scenes to see how it's working and how the best way to integrate into our systems.

The system is huge, so as you guys can imagine it has taken a lot of hours, a lot of pizzas and coffee to just sit there and code this entire thing from scratch than to integrate it into our current system.

We are doing some last bit of testing this weekend, however, Match Day Section 2 will still be available for any users who don't have a VPN and want to watch the PL, however, there will also be other feeds which you WILL need a VPN but we are hoping for this weekend to be the last as we are will be testing a lot this weekend with our admins to see how it works as the last thing we want to do is put the system live and then it goes horribly wrong for not only the PL but also a certain PPV that is scheduled for this weekend (More about this below).

In regards to VPN's an admin will post a few good free ones for you all.

3) The support on the forums:

Guys believe what you will but as I stated above our admins are here working around the clock to answer as many questions as possible it's just it seems a small few are simply making new threads without checking other threads first.

It has been reported to myself and Merc that members are claiming questions are going unanswered but then the admins are sending screenshots of them answering but they aren't being read.

So what you need to do is this:

A) Look at the important notices section as if something we need you to read then it will be there.

B) Check first, If you have a question then it's more than likely been answered already so go to whatever section you need to check/post in and then check the title as the title will more or less give you everything you need to know about that thread and if not have a read through.

We decided to close down the social media accounts for the good of the service guys, Getting tagged in Official services like ISP groups (yes some people actually did it) is not good for the service even if they already do know about Mania then it's still not good for the service plus with the forum's we have a more organised system where we can keep track of people who have issues and can be helped quicker.

If you are using the tapatalk app please remember 2 things:

1. The Chat is integrated by tapatalk themselves and we do not monitor or provide help on that chat system.

2. Once you post a thread or have replied to a thread you can get the chance to get notifications so when your thread is answered you will get a notification.

4) Latest on Payments:

At the moment we are still trying to work something out for this weekend as we know it's a big weekend coming up but as it stands right now we cannot sort it in time and we don't want the loyal customers to suffer so here's what we are going to do, we are going to give a further 1 week code to customers who have expired accounts to the following products:

1 month

3 Months

6 Months

1 Year.

The code will be live at 11am Saturday morning BST (Yes it did previously say tonight at 9 pm BST / 4 pm EST but we have changed it to give everyone who's sub ends tomorrow a fair chance) (It won't work before then guys) and the code name will be "imwithmania" .

5) The PPV this weekend:

Yes, we will have it, Yes in HD and even maybe a surprise as well.

In closing, I would just like to thank everyone that has stuck by The Mania Services and we won't forget it, It's been a pretty tough time for you guys but please rest assure we are doing everything we can as quickly as we can and again thank you for your patience.

Remember guys, How did u originally find Mania?

Word of mouth maybe? We didn't build that reputation up for nothing, We are the originals, seen everyone come, go, come back and go again and we are still here.

So to the people that want to spread rumours that Mania is dead or is dying? Well........................ and remember guys we never bad mouth or even talk about other services but when other services talk about us well...................... that just tells you everything you need to know really doesn't it. So we'll let people criticise and say the service is dead but if other services are talking bad about us then we there still talking about us so we must be doing something right.

Love You Maniacs

Can anyone tell me what this actually says? I can't get onto it

I won't quote the whole post as it's lengthy, but cheers for that mammoth!

Unknown user

ame="ManMoth" post="6220482" timestamp="1503690131"]

I won't quote the whole post as it's lengthy, but cheers for that mammoth!

:thumbsup:

Edited by ManMoth

Rudolf's Mate

SmartDNS VPN android app works on AFTV. I've got all Sky channels on Mania back with it on.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Video file not found on everything on ace. Help please

They're reporting a brief outage on their FB page

My Ace stopped, tried mania, didn't work. Took out IP Vanish for a moth & everything is now working perfectly.

I'm with BT, so assume they are blocking these.