Kodi again

Unknown user

That's why i'm out the loop i use Ace now.

But i seem to recall they removed the links to Sly during matches. Rendering a VPN useless anyway!

You can still get access to sky links with a vpn. The match day links they have usually work better on my box though. Got a vpn for 3 months but will see what this update is like on sm before I renew it.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

That's why i'm out the loop i use Ace now.

But i seem to recall they removed the links to Sly during matches. Rendering a VPN useless anyway!

They did remove them bud and I wasn't actually aware they'd changed this and was confused when some were saying they'd now got them back. Tried it myself and was able to get them.

Also managed to get Ace working on my iPad with the VPN. It was partly down to user error :facepalm:

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Bad Religion

I'd hang fire with a vpn for sportsmania to see if their new plan will be about to get by the blocking of Premiership games. Shouldn't have issues this weekend with it being international games.

Ok thanks mate.

When is the SM update meant to be?

jack D and coke

My VPN gets streams working but it buffers really bad, end up just turning it off. Glad I only took a months trial with it.

You trying switching the servers? Ipvanish you using?

luckyBatistuta

You trying switching the servers? Ipvanish you using?

Yeah IPVanish bud. It normally tries to connect to Chicago, but I've tried all different cities and countries and buffers real bad. I'm watching NFL Network at the moment and it's perfect, but once I turn on the vpn, it works for a couple of minutes and then you just can't watch it.

jack D and coke

Yeah IPVanish bud. It normally tries to connect to Chicago, but I've tried all different cities and countries and buffers real bad. I'm watching NFL Network at the moment and it's perfect, but once I turn on the vpn, it works for a couple of minutes and then you just can't watch it.

You have fibre BB aye?

luckyBatistuta

You have fibre BB aye?

Aye bud, it's normally about 32mb, but just done a speed check and it was 26mb, so more than enough...any suggestions :smile:

jack D and coke

Aye bud, it's normally about 32mb, but just done a speed check and it was 26mb, so more than enough...any suggestions :smile:

Can't think why it doesn't work other than connecting to different servers and running speed checks to see what's giving the best.

Actually think mine works better with the VPN on.

Weird.

luckyBatistuta

Can't think why it doesn't work other than connecting to different servers and running speed checks to see what's giving the best.

Actually think mine works better with the VPN on.

Weird.

Before I decided on which vpn, I read up on quite a few of them. IPVanish was one of the ones that was reporting an actual speed increase in some instances.

Kind Regards

unluckyBatistuta

Fitzroy Pointon

Managed to get it updated (I think) on the Firestick.  My home screen looks the same so I can't really tell if is actually has updated.  Can anyone confirm that the home screen stays the same even thought its v.17?  

Managed to get it updated (I think) on the Firestick.  My home screen looks the same so I can't really tell if is actually has updated.  Can anyone confirm that the home screen stays the same even thought its v.17?  

More or less the same yeah. Loading screen is slightly diff tho when starting up

Unknown user

Managed to get it updated (I think) on the Firestick. My home screen looks the same so I can't really tell if is actually has updated. Can anyone confirm that the home screen stays the same even thought its v.17?

If you have a skin installed you probably won't see a difference but there's a huge difference between the default menu screens if you haven't installed a skin

Fitzroy Pointon

More or less the same yeah. Loading screen is slightly diff tho when starting up

If you have a skin installed you probably won't see a difference but there's a huge difference between the default menu screens if you haven't installed a skin

Great cheers :2thumbsup: .  I did notice that Exodus was working after I updated. 

getting a bit fed up with the firestick - plenty crashes of late plus slow buffering /stuttering streams. What are the general recommendations instead of the firesitck? I mainly watch sport and Exodus (and it's new reincarnation).

luckyBatistuta

getting a bit fed up with the firestick - plenty crashes of late plus slow buffering /stuttering streams. What are the general recommendations instead of the firesitck? I mainly watch sport and Exodus (and it's new reincarnation).

AFTV, the firestick is poor mate, but I don't think your buffering and stuttering is entirely down to the stick.

Fraggle Rock

AFTV Box 100%,

2 yrs ago i started with a firestick ,i lasted less than a month with it ( same issues as you ) before getting the AFTV Box. I use the firestick in the bedroom for streaming tv shows/ movies

( not live tv / sport ) and funnily enough it hardly buffers now, but i deffo recommend the AFTV Box if you are watching live sport.

Are Elysium and Covenant really the best out there for movies & TV shows?

Also, should I update kodi from 17.3 to 17.4? Would it really make a difference?

Edited by madvladsdad

Also, should I update kodi from 17.3 to 17.4? Would it really make a difference?

Whenever there's a new kodi release I like to leave it for a few weeks so I can set if its a stable one.

It's not been so bad recently but back when it was still called XBMC it wasn't unusual for an update to need updating PDQ

Bennu is good Edited by vegas-voss

Coburg Hearts

Payments still not sorted on Mania. Updated codes available again 'imwithmania'.

The new code is standbymania  :2thumbsup:

Just back from holidays. What's the craic with Sportsmania now? Can't find them on Twitter and can't find a new subs code.

They've moved everything to a forum - forum.sportsmania.rocks

Edited by Chester?

Coburg Hearts

Mines is up next weekend. Anyone know if I have to use this now or will there be another code next weekend?

I think you have to wait until it's time for renewal. 

Mania is such a pain in the ass right now with the weekly codes, clocks not in sync and all that nonsense. Find myself again trying to watch something and having to watch on matrix app cos the Kodi add-on thinks my sub has expired when it's actually tomorrow

Rudolf's Mate

How the hell is that on there :lol:

Somebody is going to get their arse kicked surely.

Can't see how that's possibly legit however if not Amazon will look silly. Offering free 3 day trial so I've used bogus details out of curiosity.

luckyBatistuta

Can't see how that's possibly legit however if not Amazon will look silly. Offering free 3 day trial so I've used bogus details out of curiosity.

Any good?

Rudolf's Mate

Any good?

They take 2 hours to set your account up. Most likely they use that time to clone as much info on you as possible and try access all you accounts :muggy:

That's why I used other details and an email account I use for crap sign ups.

Rudolf's Mate

Any good?

Access code came through. Only had 5 mins playing with it but it works and works well. Picture quality is absolutely perfect. Looks very professional.

Way cheaper than Sky but still expensive considering some other providers out there. Can't see how it can be legit though. Espec with all the HBO channels etc.

luckyBatistuta

They take 2 hours to set your account up. Most likely they use that time to clone as much info on you as possible and try access all you accounts :muggy:

That's why I used other details and an email account I use for crap sign ups.

:lol:

I do that, but end up forgetting where I put the usernames and passwords that I made up. Still make these same mistakes to this day, drives the missus mental, especially when my boys can't get into things like the PS and Pokemon go etc, because I set them up.

Rudolf's Mate

:lol:

I do that, but end up forgetting where I put the usernames and passwords that I made up. Still make these same mistakes to this day, drives the missus mental, especially when my boys can't get into things like the PS and Pokemon go etc, because I set them up.

[emoji23] took me ages to come up with one that not only I didn't use but I'd remember [emoji85]

luckyBatistuta

Access code came through. Only had 5 mins playing with it but it works and works well. Picture quality is absolutely perfect. Looks very professional.

Way cheaper than Sky but still expensive considering some other providers out there. Can't see how it can be legit though. Espec with all the HBO channels etc.

Sounds like a nice wee alternative for some, can't see me getting it though, whilst still paying SM and IPVanish. SM still pretty much does the job for everything I watch at the moment. Fingers crossed that they sort out all their problems.

Rudolf's Mate

Sounds like a nice wee alternative for some, can't see me getting it though, whilst still paying SM and IPVanish. SM still pretty much does the job for everything I watch at the moment. Fingers crossed that they sort out all their problems.

Haha aye it's getting expensive [emoji3]

Ill take this as a no then? haha :(

I reckon you'll be ok, but if your Internet provider starts throttling back your speed you might want to think about it.