• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Just signed up to the 1 day package...stream perfect, well impressed.

It's excellent. Just as well as sportsnation doesn't seem to be working (Liverpool game not working, anyway).

Unknown user

Is the SM issue once solved going to require us to have a VPN or not?

Don't wanna pay for something I will not need. I am a bit of a tightfisted *****

The official line is that it'll be a few weeks til a vpn isn't needed. In the meantime you can get a free month's trial with several vpn providers, apparently.

I have signed up to PureVPN. Using the sportsmania build on kodi, BT Sports 1, working fine when connected through Netherlands. Will gladly pay for a VPN if I know it's going to work. It's basically the same as two months skysports and BT. Think it's was $72 for the year.

Regular John

Signed up for the days trial on AceTV and rangerstv was faultless throughout.

Thinking about binning ultimatemania and going with these guys for a while.

Signed up for the days trial on AceTV and rangerstv was faultless throughout.

Thinking about binning ultimatemania and going with these guys for a while.

Thinking same tbh. That was faultless thru ACE. One hesitation I have is that Sportsmania does have Sports On Demand where you can watch playback i.e. WWE for the wee lad. Does ACE have anything like this?

Henry. Henry.

Thinking same tbh. That was faultless thru ACE. One hesitation I have is that Sportsmania does have Sports On Demand where you can watch playback i.e. WWE for the wee lad. Does ACE have anything like this?

Seems to have a 3 day catch up service.

Getting chucked out every BT Sport 1 link even with a VPN. Starting to think that it's the end of SportsMania. It got too big I reckon.

It does have WWE on it

I can't get a stream of a single thing in sportsnation.

I know about the issues and the need for a

Vpn however do I need this all the time to access all channels?

Sub runs till end of sept so not that. I've tried on matrix, the app and kodi but no luck

I can't get a stream of a single thing in sportsnation.

I know about the issues and the need for a

Vpn however do I need this all the time to access all channels?

Sub runs till end of sept so not that. I've tried on matrix, the app and kodi but no luck

Exact same for me. Only way it worked was using the vpn I had bought and watching through matrix app on phone. Didn't work through app or matrix on android box or kodi or SPMC on android box. Getting to stage of not using sportsmania anymore. Will keep up to date with them but think the game is up.

I will prob give ACE a wee trial and sign up once sportsmania sub is up. Seems to be working again for me at the minute again

OK signed up for the month to test it out. Installed on kodi. But not recognising username and password even tho I'm logged in on my phone to the account. Anyone had this problem?

Henry. Henry.

In fact it says status pending on my Ace TV account so must be to do with that.

Are you using the password sent in an email to you ?

Are you using the password sent in an email to you ?

I have received four emails and not one contains a password. But I can log into the website I signed up on, just not on kodi.

I have received four emails and not one contains a password. But I can log into the website I signed up on, just not on kodi.

the website password and username are different from the kodi apps.  your password is in the email titled "your ace tv service details 

Space Mackerel

It does. It gives you a new password and username details.

Space Mackerel

Pmsfl honestly. Honest question, is needing a vpn only necessary when using kodi? As all else on android box is currently working fine, e.g. terrarium, Amazon prime, YouTube etc.

Mon the JT's.

You have to ask yourself... what is a VPN and do I need one first?

Eventually got the email nearly two hours after I signed up. Checked most of the channels are works perfect without a VPN.

My only concern with ACE is that the volume of folk switching over from SM might grind the streaming to a halt. Someone more techy than me will hopefully say this isn't the case!

Rudolf's Mate

My only concern with ACE is that the volume of folk switching over from SM might grind the streaming to a halt. Someone more techy than me will hopefully say this isn't the case!

In the early days similar thing happened with Mania. They had to upgrade their servers several times to allow for the influx of new users.

Unfortunately we won't know until it happens, how they'll deal with it.

I might be wrong but I think Ace has been around a while but we're providing services for satellite boxes. Someone else might be able to confirm.

Sportsmania was ?26 for 6 months. ?50 for the year. AceTV is ?10 a month. Is that the cheapest cost of AceTV? I'd only use it for the sports and not sure I'll continue after the month is up. Good to test it out I suppose. I noticed something about linking it up to a TV guide so might do that and it'll probably be worth it.

Hi

I tried to insatll Kodi yesterday but when i try to add an addon i keep getting an error message " could not retrieve directoty information".

Ive tried rettyping the address, checked for spaces etc in the address but still have the same issue.

Any ideas

Sportsmania was ?26 for 6 months. ?50 for the year. AceTV is ?10 a month. Is that the cheapest cost of AceTV? I'd only use it for the sports and not sure I'll continue after the month is up. Good to test it out I suppose. I noticed something about linking it up to a TV guide so might do that and it'll probably be worth it.

No you get a 6 month deal for pretty much the same as Sportsmania

Actually it's fiver a month dearer on 6 month option

http://www.ace-hosting.net/prices/

Edited by vegas-voss

Hi

I tried to insatll Kodi yesterday but when i try to add an addon i keep getting an error message " could not retrieve directoty information".

Ive tried rettyping the address, checked for spaces etc in the address but still have the same issue.

Any ideas

Did you set it up to allow unknown sources ?

I am sure i did, thanks will have a quick look

Apps from unknown sourcees is on but ADB debugging is off ( if that would make a difference ??)

Apps from unknown sourcees is on but ADB debugging is off ( if that would make a difference ??)

On your Kodi there should be a bit in your system settings then down to add-ons and unknown sources there should be switched to allow

Switch that ADB debugging on as well though

Edited by vegas-voss

On your Kodi there should be a bit in your system settings then down to add-ons and unknown sources there should be switched to allow

Switch that ADB debugging on as well though

done all that but still the same

I'm not really sure then mate.Try a step by step guide from youtube maybe just Google the latest one.

Unknown user

It could be that the repo's down.

You can test this by opening a Web browser and typing in the full address for the repo. If it brings up an error, that's your problem there

No you get a 6 month deal for pretty much the same as Sportsmania

Actually it's fiver a month dearer on 6 month option

http://www.ace-hosting.net/prices/

Thanks, didn't even notice the sport prices in my drunken haze last night, just looked at premium. Cool, will give this a try this afternoon and rest of month. ?52 for the year in same as what I pay for SportsMania.

Nucky Thompson

I'm watching Fox sports on mania just now and it's perfect. I think there will only be problems when EPL games are on.

I'm going to stick with them and see. I use it for NFL and other sports anyway.

Also Mania have closed their facebook because of all the abuse they are getting. They said they are trying their best regarding the EPL

Nucky Thompson

As soon as the Newcastle game started Mania stopped working all together.

I can't even watch a movie on Exodus either.

Have the internet providers blocked all streaming when the EPL is on??

onwards and upwards

I'm having the same problem whenever Sky are showing an EPL match live. Internet Service Providers are obviously blocking any live streams in the UK, hence the need for a VPN. That's my take on it anyway.

Fitzroy Pointon

Been trying to watch a film since last night on exodus and it keeps freezing. I think exodus is just pish now.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

AceTV has been superb since I switched it on around 11am. Watched Huddersfield Newcastle game no issues. Spurs game now. Gonna set up the TV guide tonight and see if it'll work.

Nucky Thompson

AceTV has been superb since I switched it on around 11am. Watched Huddersfield Newcastle game no issues. Spurs game now. Gonna set up the TV guide tonight and see if it'll work.

Are you using a VPN

Unknown user

for me too

Nucky Thompson

I managed to watch the 2nd half of the Spurs v Chelsea on Mania without any buffering or disruption

chester copperpot

I managed to watch the 2nd half of the Spurs v Chelsea on Mania without any buffering or disruption

Have you got a VPN mate