Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Just curious--does anyone have any idea why tickets in the main stand are silver tier and therefore relatively inexpensive?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fabienleclerq

Just curious--does anyone have any idea why tickets in the main stand are silver tier and therefore relatively inexpensive?

Poorer view and facilities.

Jambof3tornado

I have just bought a season ticket. Couldn't last year due to non-football related circumstances.

Bloody glory hunters!!

Only joking, great stuff, the more the merrier.

tynietigers

Last year we had 12,500. This year with six weeks until the season starts we have circa 12,700 (going by FF's figs for no's sold). Not doubting that season tickets are selling well but the club would be letting everybody know if we had sold over 12,500 ST but maybe they still will.

The total is the figure that counts. The renewal % figure is flawed as we don't know how many simply bought elsewhere (especially Roseburn).

I'm confident we'll sell 13,000 and that's 4% more than last season despite a price hike of just over 7.5%.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Same reason as why we are investigating ways to rebuild the Old girl.

It's time for the dot-counters to get moving, here.

Its a Monday at work ffs, what else is there to do?

Some timely and up-to-date will allow us to project how many seats will be left by tomorrow night.

Well, I just bought a single in Q.  Now I just hope I'll actually get to use it.

And he's not praying

Well, I just bought a single in Q.  Now I just hope I'll actually get to use it.

Well done.

Top man.

:thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So...

Today so far sold

Wheatfield 81

Gorgie 34

Main 52

Roseburn 12

Total 179

179 sold today is pretty excellent stuff, imo. Another five days of those sort of sales and we are well up on last season, no?

kingantti1874

179 sold today is pretty excellent stuff, imo. Another five days of those sort of sales and we are well up on last season, no?

Think we must be up on it already on the assumption that we sold 12,500 last season.. I think the club will wait till the flow stops before making any further announcements..

Either way - full houses every week next season

If sales keep going at this rate we should release another section to Hearts fans in the Roseburn and cut the away allocation to one section!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Think we must be up on it already on the assumption that we sold 12,500 last season.. I think the club will wait till the flow stops before making any further announcements..

Yeah, I'm sure we're up on last season already, and that's only going to go one direction in the coming weeks. Great reading mate. :cheers:

Cast No Shadow

If we have already outperformed last year's sales, I don't understand why the club wouldn't announce this.

Footballfirst

The club may make an announcement tomorrow when they remind fans that it is the last day at Phase 1 prices.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If we have already outperformed last year's sales, I don't understand why the club wouldn't announce this.

We know. Perhaps there is a reason that you haven't considered? As incredible as that may seem.

Cast No Shadow

We know. Perhaps there is a reason that you haven't considered? As incredible as that may seem.

Well, unless there's an announcement either tomorrow or Wednesday when the first phase ends/second begins, then it's very bizarre stuff from the club.

And he's not praying

I'd have thought we'd have heard if 12000 had been sold.

That's not to cast doubt on the guys doing the counting but I too find it strange we'd announce 'over 11000' but not 12000.

Hopefully we hear soon :D

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Waiting to announce it with the start of phase 2, something along the ling of 'Don't miss out only 1000 left.' I they announce 12000 now it wouldn't have the same effect.

another factor will be children moving up to adult category - quite a few will think twice about renewing these

I've sat with my daughter fir a few seasons. She's now 12 so now an under 18 ticket required. From ?50 to ?165 is too steep for me unfortunately. So just myself this year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another ticket bought.... my work and geographical location exile is at an end......... very excited about my return to tyne full time.

I feel like I should be holding a press conference stating my love for the club and that I knew I would always return etc....... :singer:

scott herbertson

Another ticket bought.... my work and geographical location exile is at an end......... very excited about my return to tyne full time.

I feel like I should be holding a press conference stating my love for the club and that I knew I would always return etc....... :singer:

maybe a mini-klaxon alert

As to ticket prices I just got Brentford season ticket info through. Cheapest is ?380 or thereabouts.

Now that is a total rip off.

scott herbertson

As to ticket prices I just got Brentford season ticket info through. Cheapest is ?380 or thereabouts.

Might go to a few games there now I'm retired Jammy - PM me there's  a good game going

Might go to a few games there now I'm retired Jammy - PM me there's a good game going

Didn't realise you were nearby buddy. I am genuinely a reluctant attendee. It's overpriced and the football is mediocre - if you don't have a season ticket you need a membership card ?25 or so to be able to buy tickets.

But the best part of the day out is the 4 pubs on each corner of the ground and this is the last season at griffin park I think, so worth it for that experience alone (other than the fact that 1 of the pubs is the HQ for the SW london Celtic supporters club :(, shame as it has a great wee beer garden).

They do sometimes do ticket deals as well so I'll keep you in mind if anything decent comes up.

Phil Dunphy

London prices though?

London prices though?

Maybe. But Championship football. It's about ?26 for cheapest walk up ticket.

I'd say Fulham were the best value tickets in London - you could get in for ?24 when they were still in the EPL and sometimes did ?15 specials if they hadn't sold out.

Ps there are not 4 pubs on each corner. 1 pub on each corner, 4 in total ;)

Would have been an epic pub crawl :)

scott herbertson

Didn't realise you were nearby buddy. I am genuinely a reluctant attendee. It's overpriced and the football is mediocre - if you don't have a season ticket you need a membership card ?25 or so to be able to buy tickets.

But the best part of the day out is the 4 pubs on each corner of the ground and this is the last season at griffin park I think, so worth it for that experience alone (other than the fact that 1 of the pubs is the HQ for the SW london Celtic supporters club :(, shame as it has a great wee beer garden).

They do sometimes do ticket deals as well so I'll keep you in mind if anything decent comes up.

Thanks

my brother Keith and I went to the Brentford Wolves game last year - good ground and great pubs i agree

I'm in Surbiton

Would have been an epic pub crawl :)

The 4 are tough enough, 2 in each and then you can get beer in the ground too....

Thanks

my brother Keith and I went to the Brentford Wolves game last year - good ground and great pubs i agree

I'm in Surbiton

I had no idea mate. I'll defo give you a shout if I'm thinking of going. Usually go with my father in law when he's down.

He's a Tim :(

Would be good to go with a PHM ;)

Phil Dunphy

Maybe. But Championship football. It's about ?26 for cheapest walk up ticket.

I'd say Fulham were the best value tickets in London - you could get in for ?24 when they were still in the EPL and sometimes did ?15 specials if they hadn't sold out.

I suppose I've just seen Arsenal and Chelsea prices and assumed under ?400 is a bargain.

mainstandjambo

Wheatfield - 410

Gorgie - 137

Main - 317

Roseburn - 152

Total - 1016

Now down to 979.

Hope wee Rod and Leanne aren't reading this. :42:

To put things into perspective, we have sold more than the 4th and 5th biggest clubs in Scotland combined.

Of course this will not be the case by the start of the season, but nevertheless, its very encouraging to see us so far ahead at this point. 

Phil D. Corners

To put things into perspective, we have sold more than the 4th and 5th biggest clubs in Scotland combined.

Of course this will not be the case by the start of the season, but nevertheless, its very encouraging to see us so far ahead at this point.

Does give Levein and co clear direction on the budget for next season.

Where are you getting those figures from?

Now down to 979.

Respect to the dot-counters. True PHM IMHO

Means 200 today, another 200 tomorrow.

Remaining 800 will go in second phase, no problemo

Waiting to announce it with the start of phase 2, something along the ling of 'Don't miss out only 1000 left.' I they announce 12000 now it wouldn't have the same effect.

My mate was in the ticket office on Thursday and was told they had sold 12200 and were hopeful of making an announcement about it today. There was an article but they did not give an update on the numbers sold.

JamboHeriot

Great effort from all the fans who have purchased. It also makes the remaining tickets for walk ups a hotter ticket. It's mad that we will have at least 5k more season ticket holders than Hibs do.

Just bought one in The Gorgie. Actually bought it when they went on sale at first...but moved back to 7th row in section Y, from row 2. Didn't get one last year, as was in Japan for a good few months. Just bought individual match tickets for home games when I was back. Will be in Japan for a few months this season too, but thought 'feck it'...feels great! HHGH!  :2thumbsup:

Don't worry Lynn.  I've bought season tickets the last three years although I now live inn Arizona!  My son gives them away every home game.  It's my contribution to the club for years of enjoyment.

Look forward to the "sold over 13,000" heading change, hopefully by the end of the month.

Archived