Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Absolutely fantastic take up. Amazing to think that when away tickets are taken into account, there'll only be a couple of thousand walk-up tickets max.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts

Absolutely fantastic take up. Amazing to think that when away tickets are taken into account, there'll only be a couple of thousand walk-up tickets max.

If 14,000 available, 1400 away support, 900 hospitality plus comps for players, families directors, looking at about 500 walk ups....................

FarmerTweedy

I think we will get to 13.5K. If we get to 14K it would be an incredible achievement.

I think it's inevitable we'll fall a bit short of the 14k as we'll be down to only single seats available before then, and that will probably restrict sales a wee bit.

Gorgie_Rules

Personally I cant see us selling many more now that the prices have gone up and sales are record high already, however if we could get to 13,500 that would be incredible and pretty much guarantee a home sell out every game

Now for cutting away fans (particularly Celtic) down to one section....

Haha briliant..... this corker from Dashing Bob S is a few further down as well. A myth laden paragraph of slavering nonsense dressed up with pseudo historical references and the standard delusional Hibs supporter's double speak!!

Bigger fan base my arse. They couldn't pay people to get in until Mercer started the trend of spending money they never had. A successful Hearts has never gotten anything like the support of an equivalently successful Hibs. Yes, our support is more fickle, because we have aesthetic standards, but that's all it is.

:kirklol:

The Harp Awakes poston Hibs.net is a belter

"the great Tynie myth of having a bigger support than Hibs. They think if they say it so often it's a fact.

Edinburgh is divided right down the middle and there's nothing between the size of the respective supports. They count their home attendances differently which enhances their figures and they've been on the crest of a wave since avoiding oblivion and gaining promotion which has naturally boosted their ST sales. If we get promoted next season I reckon our average home support in 16/17 will be bigger than the jumbos."

They'll never have a bigger support than us, never.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Haha briliant..... this corker from Dashing Bob S is a few further down as well. A myth laden paragraph of slavering nonsense dressed up with pseudo historical references and the standard delusional Hibs supporter's double speak!!

Bigger fan base my arse. They couldn't pay people to get in until Mercer started the trend of spending money they never had. A successful Hearts has never gotten anything like the support of an equivalently successful Hibs. Yes, our support is more fickle, because we have aesthetic standards, but that's all it is.

didn't realise that an ostrich could type

THIRABHESES

I think it's inevitable we'll fall a bit short of the 14k as we'll be down to only single seats available before then, and that will probably restrict sales

Wonder if its possible to ask ST holders who are on their own to move to single seats ? Wouldn't bother me as long as it was in same area

I think it's inevitable we'll fall a bit short of the 14k as we'll be down to only single seats available before then, and that will probably restrict sales a wee bit.

at the moment there are the following availability by single seats / seats together

single seats = 443

2 together x 103 (206 seats)

3 x 31 (93 seats)

4 x 10 (40 seats)

5 x 8 (40 seats)

6 x 4 (24 seats)

7 x 1

8 x 4

9 x 1

10 x 1

that count leaves 904 available

Wonder if its possible to ask ST holders who are on their own to move to single seats ? Wouldn't bother me as long as it was in same area

I'd imagine most that are on their own sit beside a group of season ticket holders they've been seeing at the game for years so would be reluctant to move beside potentially some mouthpiece

scott herbertson

I'd imagine most that are on their own sit beside a group of season ticket holders they've been seeing at the game for years so would be reluctant to move beside potentially some mouthpiece

Might be some options for people to be ask whether they mind a 'shift along' if there are two singles near each other in a row

Aesthetic standards. Only a hibby.

Sakes :laugh:

Do they really believe this stuff or do you think they type it out and hit post in full knowledge that they just sound like colossal spoons?

Might be some options for people to be ask whether they mind a 'shift along' if there are two singles near each other in a row

Really hope the club look into this.

Generally, (and i mean very generally) I think anyone who is thinking of getting a ST nearer to July time is clearly a bit on the fence or certainly not 100% decided. Wouldn't want them to then not be able to get the seats they want when they do go for it because the above hadn't been done. Get them in just now and they could be ST holders for years to come. 

Cast No Shadow

Aberdeen have a 6 game package whereby you purchase the deal then can pick 6 matches to attend (subject to availability of course.)

It brings in a guaranteed amount of income and may be suitable for those of limited funds who still want to attend from time to time.....thoughts ?

Covering up the fact that they toil to even sell 10,000 season tickets despite their most successful period for a generation.

Diddies.

Really hope the club look into this.

Generally, (and i mean very generally) I think anyone who is thinking of getting a ST nearer to July time is clearly a bit on the fence or certainly not 100% decided. Wouldn't want them to then not be able to get the seats they want when they do go for it because the above hadn't been done. Get them in just now and they could be ST holders for years to come.

If people can't get the seats they want because they're undecided on the fence etc then tough

The best seats go to people who are in early as in everything in life that you pay to go and watch

Aesthetic standards. Only a hibby.

Sakes :laugh:

Do they really believe this stuff or do you think they type it out and hit post in full knowledge that they just sound like colossal spoons?

I know it is genuinely frightening if someone actually believes that the reason Hibs supporters are fickle is that they have higher aesthetic standards. I know a good few Hibs supporters who genuinely cringe at this sort of "flair team" stuff and a lesser few who lap it up along with the warrior poet/rugged downtrodden Irish immigrant delusions as well!!

The Harp Awakes poston Hibs.net is a belter

"the great Tynie myth of having a bigger support than Hibs. They think if they say it so often it's a fact.

Edinburgh is divided right down the middle and there's nothing between the size of the respective supports. They count their home attendances differently which enhances their figures and they've been on the crest of a wave since avoiding oblivion and gaining promotion which has naturally boosted their ST sales. If we get promoted next season I reckon our average home support in 16/17 will be bigger than the jumbos."

They'll never have a bigger support than us, never.

Do we also count our ST sales "differently"??    :qqb004:

This is great news . It could get even better as folk who might have been happy to attend on a game by game basis will now realize they face the prospect of being locked out of big games without a ST.

I really hope the away allocation gets cut to one section now. The only downside to that is if other teams do the same to us.

Perhaps we could split section L between away support and segregation that would keep most of the away supports happy and allow Hearts to keep a section for walk up tickets for home supporters.

If people can't get the seats they want because they're undecided on the fence etc then tough

The best seats go to people who are in early as in everything in life that you pay to go and watch

I don't want to start a 'how good a fan' debate.

But all that saying "tough" does is restrict the potential income for the club. I couldn't care less when someone bought etc etc if it's going to benefit the club.

This is great news . It could get even better as folk who might have been happy to attend on a game by game basis will now realize they face the prospect of being locked out of big games without a ST.

I really hope the away allocation gets cut to one section now. The only downside to that is if other teams do the same to us.

Perhaps we could split section L between away support and segregation that would keep most of the away supports happy and allow Hearts to keep a section for walk up tickets for home supporters.

Barring Celtic every team needs a large hearts travelling support as they have poor crowds so can't see many cutting our allocation.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Celtic apart; are there any teams that could afford to turn Hearts fans away?

To be fair how many teams could actually afford to do it back to us? Outside Celtic and possibly Aberdeen, I couldn't see any other club doing it back to us as their attendances are so poor.

Barring Celtic every team needs a large hearts travelling support as they have poor crowds so can't see many cutting our allocation.

This is true but I was thinking more about Aberdeen who have already cut Celtic down to 2000.

As for Celtic they hardly give us any tickets anyway so they are fair game to be cut imo

I don't want to start a 'how good a fan' debate.

But all that saying "tough" does is restrict the potential income for the club. I couldn't care less when someone bought etc etc if it's going to benefit the club.

It's not a how good a fan debate though

I couldn't care less when someone buys either

The more the merrier but your statement said you hoped they got to sit where they want and my reply is that if you buy later you take what's left

David McCaig

Do we also count our ST sales "differently"?? :qqb004:

This season I'd like to see us publish a tickets sold total i.e include STs which have been resold as a double sale - which financially is exactly what it is.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"They count their home attendances differently which enhances their figures"

I once counted our attendance backwards and grew a lovely set of breasts and a pert arse.

The more the merrier but your statement said you hoped they got to sit where they want and my reply is that if you buy later you take what's left

Must not have explained it right. I was meaning that I hope that people, say in a pair) who late on decided to get ST's only for there to only be single dots available, resulting in them not getting tickets at all. 

So ultimately, we should do whatever we can to make those single dots into doubles to maximise sales.

colinmaroon

This is true but I was thinking more about Aberdeen who have already cut Celtic down to 2000.

As for Celtic they hardly give us any tickets anyway so they are fair game to be cut imo

And it would be a good idea to temporarily (for Green Cheek only) put up a big pillar so they've got a restricted view.

scott herbertson

I'm assuming he is agreeing with my point that by some people being willing to shift along a seat two people thinking of gettign a season ticket together could get 'what they want'. Look at section Q seats K 24 and 28 for example - if one or all three of those in K25-27 were asked if they were willing to move along a bit (eg all to K24-26, leaving k27 and K28 or K25 moving to K28) then two seats together could be created and sold. Purely optional for those asked so nobody would 'lose out'

Cast No Shadow

Even if we only give Aberdeen a section and a half they still won't cut ours any lower than the 2,000 currently on offer to all away fans at Pittodrie. Nobody will get more than two sections at Tynecastle, including Celtic.

As a percentage of capacity, our away allocation is fair.

I'm assuming he is agreeing with my point that by some people being willing to shift along a seat two people thinking of gettign a season ticket together could get 'what they want'. Look at section Q seats K 24 and 28 for example - if one or all three of those in K25-27 were asked if they were willing to move along a bit (eg all to K24-26, leaving k27 and K28 or K25 moving to K28) then two seats together could be created and sold. Purely optional for those asked so nobody would 'lose out'

Bingo!

Must not have explained it right. I was meaning that I hope that people, say in a pair) who late on decided to get ST's only for there to only be single dots available, resulting in them not getting tickets at all.

So ultimately, we should do whatever we can to make those single dots into doubles to maximise sales.

I do see what you are saying mate not looking for an uber fan debate

But the tickets and ask the person at the first game if they'd be up to moving as couldn't get two together

tartofmidlothian

Aberdeen have a 6 game package whereby you purchase the deal then can pick 6 matches to attend (subject to availability of course.)

It brings in a guaranteed amount of income and may be suitable for those of limited funds who still want to attend from time to time.....thoughts ?

That's great, I could make use of something like that. Agreed it might hit full ST sales though, maybe just a short run of 500-1000 of them over our normal ST capacity? Could not include Cat A games to keep STs attractive.

Buffalo Bill

In the last five years, Aberdeen's average home attendance is around the 11,000 mark in a stadium that holds over 21,000 so I doubt they'll be looking to cut our allocation any time soon.

The Treasurer

And it would be a good idea to temporarily (for Green Cheek only) put up a big pillar so they've got a restricted view.

Great idea.

Add a few over zealous stewards with a huge chip on their shoulders, and also sell tickets for "seats" that turn out to be an empty space and then threaten them with being thrown out if they don't sit down.

The People's Chimp

Popular with offshore workers - pretty sure that's who it was aimed at when it was launched.

Don't see that being a big one for Hearts. Maybe once we've got our super-dooper new stand and 23,000 capacity.....

Yip. Aberdeen have got space to do it, and a huge number of potential customers who may only be able to make to the odd game. 

:qqb011: 

Now that would meet with almost universal approval.........................of course after the match the 'meedja' would be up in arms ignoring the reasons behind it  :tiny:

Plus a few heavy handed stewards and policemen

WeeToonJambo

Great idea.

Add a few over zealous stewards with a huge chip on their shoulders, and also sell tickets for "seats" that turn out to be an empty space and then threaten them with being thrown out if they don't sit down.

and, to make them feel really at home, we could put in tv monitors that only have half a screen working.

scott herbertson

But the tickets and ask the person at the first game if they'd be up to moving as couldn't get two together

I did think of that while I was typing (it's what I would do) 

I did think of that while I was typing (it's what I would do)

I would imagine its the way to do it to save hearts chasing up numerous fans

Hackney Hearts

this corker from Dashing Bob S ...

A successful Hearts has never gotten anything like the support of an equivalently successful Hibs. 

Equivalently successful? Well here's the last 4 seasons in which Hibs have actually finished above Hearts in the league:

07-08   Hearts 15,930    Hibs 13,754

09-10   Hearts 14,484    Hibs 12,164
12-13   Hearts 13,163    Hibs 10,489
13-14   Hearts 14,123    Hibs 11,027

So we have roughly 20% larger average attendances, even when we're doing worse than them. So he's right, we don't get "anything like" their support - we get much more.

Hackney Hearts

There's clearly not enough PHM when compared to Dortmund.

AMAZING: Out of the 55,000 season tickets on offer at Dortmund, only 93 weren't renewed for next season. Superb fans!

I think they they count their STs differently from the way Hibs do it though.

Archived