Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

Well done folks. Tremendous efforts. I'm sure we can hit 12500.

We should batter 12.5k. 13 easily Imo. Most likely more. I reckon season tickets will sell out completely.

babertonjambo

I think we will shift a fair few today and tomorrow whilst they are still at phase 1 pricing.

Last season there were around 80 seats available. We now have just under 1200 available, but with possibly around 1400 more seats available to buy (in the Roseburn), so we are just ahead of last season's final figure by my reckoning.

Cheers for the reply mate. I've not got a clue about all this so thanks for keeping the uneducated like myself up to speed with what's going on. It's appreciated.

Biffa Bacon

a    103    

b    93    

c    27    

d    5    

e    40    

f    74    

g   149    491

-----------------

h   122    

j    42    164

---------------      

n1    8    

n2    5    

n3   109    

p    29    

q    28    

r    21    

s    39    

t1    4    

t2    14    

t3    112    369

-------------------

v    55    

w   12    

x    23    

y    37    

z    44    171

---------------

Total    1195 

How come there are so many left in H & J, there were no STs there last season, and were almost sold out before the release date last Wednesday? Any ideas?

Clerry Jambo

How come there are so many left in H & J, there were no STs there last season, and were almost sold out before the release date last Wednesday? Any ideas?

I think as already suggested, people have bought them with the idea to move to other seats..........

Biffa Bacon

I think as already suggested, people have bought them with the idea to move to other seats..........

Ah, well done Clerry. :)

We should batter 12.5k. 13 easily Imo. Most likely more. I reckon season tickets will sell out completely.

I doubt we will sell out the last 1000 season tickets available.. In fact I would be surprised if we sold any more than 2-300 once phase one pricing finishes tomorrow..

I guess its a kick in the teeth for the build a bigger capacity stadium folk (of which i am one).. Hearts are probably in their best place just now for many years and this suggests that 13000 season tickets is about our saturation point.. that still leaves a couple of thousand for walk ups..

Don't get me wrong 13000 is a reasonable uptake because our capacity is only 17000,, but with a capacity of 21-22000 then it would leave over 8000 empty seats.. then people would wonder if they actually needed a season ticket (see Easter Road as an example)

FarmerTweedy

I doubt we will sell out the last 1000 season tickets available.. In fact I would be surprised if we sold any more than 2-300 once phase one pricing finishes tomorrow..

I guess its a kick in the teeth for the build a bigger capacity stadium folk (of which i am one).. Hearts are probably in their best place just now for many years and this suggests that 13000 season tickets is about our saturation point.. that still leaves a couple of thousand for walk ups..

Don't get me wrong 13000 is a reasonable uptake because our capacity is only 17000,, but with a capacity of 21-22000 then it would leave over 8000 empty seats.. then people would wonder if they actually needed a season ticket (see Easter Road as an example)

The only way we'll sell that few is if there aren't any more left to sell. Lots of folk buy after phase 1 pricing every year and this year will be no different.

Cast No Shadow

Hopefully the club update us on sales either tomorrow or Wednesday once phase one pricing ends and phase two begins.

scott herbertson

I doubt we will sell them but I am confident we will sell over 13000 and that most of these would be renewing / buying new regardless of whether the stadium was bigger or not. The bigger capacity would help us to generate more income for the bigger games. I think a step up to 20 or 21K would be fine in a couple of years if the team gets to top 3 / europe, challenging for cups.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If FF's estimate of a 9% drop in renewals is correct, then that is very surprising. Does the prospect of higher level football and a lower chance of success really turn that many people off?

The Treasurer

If FF's estimate of a 9% drop in renewals is correct, then that is very surprising. Does the prospect of higher level football and a lower chance of success really turn that many people off?

Clearly it does.

I know a few (although to be fair, not many) who bought an ST last year for the first time in years but have no intention of doing the same this year.

Partly down to the prospect of a lesser chance of winning games and partly because they are fed up with watching the same teams over and over again

Geoff Kilpatrick

Clearly it does.

I know a few (although to be fair, not many) who bought an ST last year for the first time in years but have no intention of doing the same this year.

Partly down to the prospect of a lesser chance of winning games and partly because they are fed up with watching the same teams over and over again

And if that's the case then it also adds more weight to expanding the league.

Not sure if some the 9% were people buying extra season tickets to help fund the club when it was needed. 

It would be interesting to compare last years sales at this time. That would give a better idea. Also the PHM are waiting for phase one to end to give the club more money.

It would only be comparable if we had previous years shrinkage, this may well be a natural drop off % that we get each year and not just this season.

9% doesnt seem that bad to be honest.

Cairneyhill Jambo

It would be interesting to compare last years sales at this time. That would give a better idea. Also the PHM are waiting for phase one to end to give the club more money.

We had only sold 5,000 tickets this time last year, but the date they went on sale was later.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/141737-5000-season-tickets-sold/

scott herbertson

It would only be comparable if we had previous years shrinkage, this may well be a natural drop off % that we get each year and not just this season.

9% doesnt seem that bad to be honest.

It seem excellent to me - most businesses would kill for an annual churn of 9% and remember the 9% only counts if they haven't bought in the Roseburn AND don't buy before season starts.

That said I am sure there are a few - I would be one if I hadn't retired as last year I used my seat once (it was occupied the rest of the time by family)

not sure that was like for like comparison

FF stated we have exceeded total sold last year

Geoff Kilpatrick

not sure that was like for like comparison

FF stated we have exceeded total sold last year

No I absolutely accept that. What I'm saying is that while there may be a natural drop-off of some percentage, I'm surprised it is 1 in every 11 season ticket holders of last season who hasn't renewed (they may end up doing so by paying more but that seems like very strange behaviour).

No I absolutely accept that. What I'm saying is that while there may be a natural drop-off of some percentage, I'm surprised it is 1 in every 11 season ticket holders of last season who hasn't renewed (they may end up doing so by paying more but that seems like very strange behaviour).

yes, get you now

interesting

Geoff Kilpatrick

If we don't sell out season ticket allocation, it will be damn close. Wait and see. :)

I'm confident we will have a higher number than last season. I'm not so confident that every seat will go.

Gorgie_Rules

I would say 10 out of every 11 fans renewing by this stage is very good imo. There will no doubt be a few more still to renew over today and tomorrow and those that perhaps dont have the money until nearer to season start and will just have to bite the bullet and pay more. If its as low as 6 or 7% not reneweing then that is impressive, considering how many peoples circumstances change with work, kids etc

Footballfirst

On the day prior to the end of the renewal period last year, there were 101 seats available.  There were 1,083 available once seats had been released.

In the previous season (in admin) we had sold approx 10,500 STs, so 982 or 9.4% didn't renew.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm confident we will have a higher number than last season. I'm not so confident that every seat will go.

If not, it will be close, imo. Selling more than last season's 12.5k will be a great achievement anyway, but we'll sell 13k plus I reckon, which is outstanding for Hearts.

Footballfirst

I agree.  There are currently too many single seats available to make it likely that we will sell out.

Geoff Kilpatrick

On the day prior to the end of the renewal period last year, there were 101 seats available.  There were 1,083 available once seats had been released.

In the previous season (in admin) we had sold approx 10,500 STs, so 982 or 9.4% didn't renew.

If that's the case it would suggest the non-renewal rate is consistent. Fair enough. I would have still thought it would have been lower given promotion and the general optimism at the club but maybe that isn't a factor after all.

Gorgie_Rules

By your calculations FF and taking hospitality into account how many would you say we have sold roughly?

Clearly it does.

Not sure if some the 9% were people buying extra season tickets to help fund the club when it was needed. 

Two good points. There almost certainly will have been people who bought season tickets last pre-season in our hour of need, but never attended a game. There were always plenty of comments on here about gaps of seats at the bottom of the Gorgie despite sell outs.

And the monotony of the SPL/a bit of glory hunterism will probably account for a few as well.

There's probably a considerable amount of natural wastage every season as well due to illness, death, moving away for work/uni, family circumstances changing.

Footballfirst

By your calculations FF and taking hospitality into account how many would you say we have sold roughly?

I would guess between 12,600-12,700 at the moment.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Surely the most important thing is that we fill all seats all the time, regardless of whether or not all go to ST holders? And surley a healthy number for walk ups means more money for the club?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I stand by my predictions, but I also find it hard to understand someone not renewing because we are in the top division. A chance to win a European slot? Yes please. :)

Surely the most important thing is that we fill all seats all the time, regardless of whether or not all go to ST holders? And surley a healthy number for walk ups means more money for the club?

I am sure if the Club could sell the complete home allocation to ST holders they would do so. Means they have money in the bag up front - the number of walk ups is reliant on how the team is performing so ST are a safer bet budget wise.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am sure if the Club could sell the complete home allocation to ST holders they would do so. Means they have money in the bag up front - the number of walk ups is reliant on how the team is performing so ST are a safer bet budget wise.

Think so too. I don't think we spend our budget like we used to, and we likely keep a bit back from the summer for January.

I stand by my predictions, but I also find it hard to understand someone not renewing because we are in the top division. A chance to win a European slot? Yes please. :)

But 91% is an extraordinarily high renewal rate. Ask anyone in publishing, etc.

There are always going to be non-renewals due to people moving, dying, getting married, losing their job etc. I'd suggest that 91% is pretty close to the maximum that could be achieved, and that you're wrong to worry that the non-renewers include many who are 'chosing' not to renew

Guest Bilel Mohsni

But 91% is an extraordinarily high renewal rate. Ask anyone in publishing, etc.

There are always going to be non-renewals due to people moving, dying, getting married, losing their job etc. I'd suggest that 91% is pretty close to the maximum that could be achieved, and that you're wrong to worry that the non-renewers include many who are 'chosing' not to renew

I'm not worried. :unsure:

If you read my posts on here, I think we will sell out our season tickets and batter last season's total.

Someone brought up knowing people who are not renewing because of the monotony of the same old teams etc... I just mentioned I find that hard to understand.

Did you mean to quote my post, or did you not see my earlier ones? I think we will sell a few hundred more than 13k minimum.

FarmerTweedy

Firstly, I suspect a small number of those seats that didn't show as renewed will be because the occupants moved seat, maybe because someone wanted to join them and there wasn't a spare seat nearby. Secondly, some ST holders will sadly have died or no longer be in good enough health to attend games. Thirdly, there will always be a significant number who have to stop going because of changing work/family commitments or simple lack of money. The number that have simply chosen not to renew will be much smaller than the 9% would suggest.

FarmerTweedy

Some people won't know until nearer the start of the season whether they'll be able to make it to games, others won't have the money available until nearer the time, having had to pay for holidays, etc first, others will actually want to pay the higher price to give the club more money - that might seem strange but remember there are 8,000 folk giving the club money through FoH every month for no tangible reason other than to help the club.

scott herbertson

another factor will be children moving up to adult category - quite a few will think twice about renewing these

FarmerTweedy

If we don't sell out season ticket allocation, it will be damn close. Wait and see. :)

:spoton:

Biffa Bacon

another factor will be children moving up to adult category - quite a few will think twice about renewing these

Or 12 to 13, it's quite a hike, might push some to unaffordable

Fort Vallance

Firstly, I suspect a small number of those seats that didn't show as renewed will be because the occupants moved seat, maybe because someone wanted to join them and there wasn't a spare seat nearby. Secondly, some ST holders will sadly have died or no longer be in good enough health to attend games. Thirdly, there will always be a significant number who have to stop going because of changing work/family commitments or simple lack of money. The number that have simply chosen not to renew will be much smaller than the 9% would suggest.

While you're quite right about the circumstances, I would have thought that a fair percentage of that would be compensated by peoples commitments now allowing them to gowhen the couldn't previously, kids getting a first season ticket or adults for that matter. 

the stone rose

While you're quite right about the circumstances, I would have thought that a fair percentage of that would be compensated by peoples commitments now allowing them to gowhen the couldn't previously, kids getting a first season ticket or adults for that matter. 

That is what's happening isn't it? FF reckons with additional tickets released, that we have now surpassed last years total.

Last year we had 12,500. This year with six weeks until the season starts we have circa 12,700 (going by FF's figs for no's sold).

The total is the figure that counts. The renewal % figure is flawed as we don't know how many simply bought elsewhere (especially Roseburn).

I'm confident we'll sell 13,000 and that's 4% more than last season despite a price hike of just over 7.5%.

Goldstone Wonder

I have just bought a season ticket. Couldn't last year due to non-football related circumstances.

FarmerTweedy

It will, but that doesn't have any impact on the number of non-renewed seats!

Archived