Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Has anyone much experience with the moving phase? I bought season tickets for myself and nephew who is now old enough to attend from next season, but could only purchase two together in the Wheatfield. Would ideally have gone for the Gorgie Family Stand. There's a price difference obviously if I want to move (should seats be available), but I don't know how this works having never done it before.

Funny I got me and my wee nephew couple of season tickets the other day in the Gorgie but would have picked the Wheatfield depending on where...new ST holders...ill go with what we have got obviously but interested to see if seats become available if existing ST holders dont renew for whatever reason...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mainstandjambo

Wheatfield

B - 3

F - 6

G - 9

Total - 18

Gorgie

Z - 8

Total - 8

Main

T3 -  10

S  -    2

P -     2

N3 - 13

Total - 27

Roseburn

H - 391

J -     4

Total - 395

Most of the sales in last 48 hours of available seats have been in section H, now 332 seats left. Only 2 left in J.

I wonder how many tickets will be left for walk-ups next season.  Seems quite possible we could sell all available season tickets in the Wheatfield/Gorgie/Main and two sections in the Roseburn.

I wonder how many tickets will be left for walk-ups next season.  Seems quite possible we could sell all available season tickets in the Wheatfield/Gorgie/Main and two sections in the Roseburn.

Section K will be walk up, yes ?

Anyone ?

All roads lead to Gorgie

I wonder how many people are moving from other stands to the Roseburn. If we know that figure it will give us a better picture of how many we are likely to sell. Are they mostly new buyers or existing st holders ?

Section K will be walk up, yes ?

Anyone ?

When playing septic, (Hobs and Orcs if one makes it up) K will be empty for segregation i think. other teams we will open half of it.

Gorgie_Rules

When playing septic, (Hobs and Orcs if one makes it up) K will be empty for segregation i think. other teams we will open half of it.

Think for the rangers game we had half of K and half was segregation. Not alot of seats for walk ups though if thats pretty much all there is, anyone wanting one will have to be off their mark unless its possible to squeeze away fans into 1 section, st mirren, ross county inverness etc

Most of the sales in last 48 hours of available seats have been in section H, now 332 seats left. Only 2 left in J.

Are you saying that there are just around 400 seats left for new season ticket holders?

That's impressive as we still 3 and bit weeks of the 1st phase to go. 

Think for the rangers game we had half of K and half was segregation. Not alot of seats for walk ups though if thats pretty much all there is, anyone wanting one will have to be off their mark unless its possible to squeeze away fans into 1 section, st mirren, ross county inverness etc

St Mirren are relegated :)

mainstandjambo

Are you saying that there are just around 400 seats left for new season ticket holders?

That's impressive as we still 3 and bit weeks of the 1st phase to go. 

On checking etickets there are 374 seats available to purchase at the moment. By my reckoning assuming only 200 seats were held back in J for hospitality it looks like we have sold 950 seats in the Roseburn. What is not known is how many of these have been bought by existing season ticket holders. 

On checking etickets there are 374 seats available to purchase at the moment. By my reckoning assuming only 200 seats were held back in J for hospitality it looks like we have sold 950 seats in the Roseburn. What is not known is how many of these have been bought by existing season ticket holders. 

If they've been bought by existing STholders then presumably their old seats would have been released and re-sold. Given there are so few seats available in the Wheatfiled, Main & Gorgie it does look as thoughwe have sold quite a few extra already. Looking forward to seeing how many are available after 10 June. 

Phil Dunphy

I find it interesting to see that the cheapest season ticket at Manchester City is ?1 cheaper than my season ticket in Silver seating.

I find it interesting to see that the cheapest season ticket at Manchester City is ?1 cheaper than my season ticket in Silver seating.

It's probably because ticket money in the English league counts for about 0.00000000000000000001*% turnover, whereas in Scotland it counts for about 99.999999999999*% turnover.

*figures may be slightly exaggerated, you get the point.

If they've been bought by existing STholders then presumably their old seats would have been released and re-sold. Given there are so few seats available in the Wheatfiled, Main & Gorgie it does look as thoughwe have sold quite a few extra already. Looking forward to seeing how many are available after 10 June. 

If the old seats have been re-sold then where exactly are people going to move to during the moving period?  If people are wanting to move to the Roseburn stand then they'd surely do it now rather than waiting until June.  

It does seem like they are being re-sold because new seats occasionally show up on etickets.

Phil Dunphy

It's probably because ticket money in the English league counts for about 0.00000000000000000001*% turnover, whereas in Scotland it counts for about 99.999999999999*% turnover.

*figures may be slightly exaggerated, you get the point.

I do, which is another nail in the coffin of they shysters who run our game.

If the old seats have been re-sold then where exactly are people going to move to during the moving period?  If people are wanting to move to the Roseburn stand then they'd surely do it now rather than waiting until June.  

It does seem like they are being re-sold because new seats occasionally show up on etickets.

I was obviously being very stupid in this post.  Some people won't renew for whatever reason hence there will be more seats available in June.

kingantti1874

I do, which is another nail in the coffin of they shysters who run our game.

They could do a lot better, but the reality is there isn't a market for Scottish football..

Gorgie_Rules

H in the Roseburn now orange on etickets, looking like it will be close to full by the second phase. Assuming this is mostly new season ticket holders as we would see alot more seats become available in the other three stands if it was renewals. Looks like the call to open the Roseburn to home fans has been a good one

Francis Albert

They could do a lot better, but the reality is there isn't a market for Scottish football..

Despite Scotland having higher attendances per capita than any other league in Europe?

I wonder how big the market for say the Norwegian league is.

Footballfirst

Despite Scotland having higher attendances per capita than any other league in Europe?

No longer the case I'm afraid. We've been overtaken by those giants of European football in Iceland and Cyprus.

(figures from Eurosport a couple of months ago)

CA4RASLVEAA6vsK.png

No longer the case I'm afraid. We've been overtaken by those giants of European football in Iceland and Cyprus.

CA4RASLVEAA6vsK.png

Are these for the top league only in each country or all senior leagues?

Are these for the top league only in each country or all senior leagues?

Top league only by the looks of the Scottish figures

dot count

Main          23

Gorgie         6

Wheatfield 10

J                  2

H             246

Total        287

kingantti1874

The reality is those figures are skewed by the Glasgow clubs, outside of Celtic, Rangers and to a lesser extent hearts and Aberdeen Scottish football attendances are pathetic...

In any case attendances were not my point, if there were an appetite to screen Scottish football more than one broadcaster would be interested at which point we'd have some commercial leverage and would receive more money.. The reality is sky and BT aren't that bothered and provide some charitable funding, I suspect neither could care less if they lost the rights.. There simply isn't any significant demand to watch Patrick v Ross county or an equivalent fixture on TV.. There isn't even a demand in Scotland to watch fixtures which do not involve the 3 or 4 biggest clubs in the league.

Footballfirst

dot count

Main          23

Gorgie         6

Wheatfield 10

J                  2

H             246

Total        287

I make H at 301

These figures do not take account of those who have not yer renewed and until it opens up to all we will not get a true relection.

If we had sold 10,000 season tickets there would be a song and dance made about it by the club

Still much to do to match last years figure which was excellent

Just renewed today 3 kids and 2 adults.

But the hike from an under 12 to over 12 is a bit of a joke. ?50 to ?155. Seems to me no thought went into this as they could have staggered the prices upto 16 then 18 etc...

However I do appreciate it only works out just over ?8 a game.

You've had it good since we introduced the under 12's scheme now man up and pay the dough without the bitching ;)

Francis Albert

CA4RASLVEAA6vsK.png

Still pretty impressive. And that's true even if you strip out the OF "distortion" (home and away). We compare very favourably with many leagues which have multiples of our TV and sponsorship revenue including leagues that have no great appeal outside the relevant country's borders. Yet the myth that Scottish football is dying seems ingrained in many minds. And that we'd be like Ireland (or Wales!!) without the OF.

Francis Albert

The reality is those figures are skewed by the Glasgow clubs, outside of Celtic, Rangers and to a lesser extent hearts and Aberdeen Scottish football attendances are pathetic...

In any case attendances were not my point, if there were an appetite to screen Scottish football more than one broadcaster would be interested at which point we'd have some commercial leverage and would receive more money.. The reality is sky and BT aren't that bothered and provide some charitable funding, I suspect neither could care less if they lost the rights.. There simply isn't any significant demand to watch Patrick v Ross county or an equivalent fixture on TV.. There isn't even a demand in Scotland to watch fixtures which do not involve the 3 or 4 biggest clubs in the league.

If you stripped out the top 4 clubs in other leagues, many of their attendances per head of population would look even more "pathetic" than they do in FF's quoted table.

Main          22

Gorgie         7

Wheatfield  8

J                  2

H             279

Total        318

Fxxx the SPFL

still to get mines and the wife's, end of the month 2 x section N lower, standing, singing, clapping of hands and tossing the caps in the air can't wait a bit disappointed with the pre season fixtures so far was looking for a wee soiree over the border. Time yet though it does say more fixtures to be announced.

kingantti1874

If you stripped out the top 4 clubs in other leagues, many of their attendances per head of population would look even more "pathetic" than they do in FF's quoted table.

Your probably right Francis - there appears to be little correlation however in terms of a desire to screen the game

adambraejambo

yay 1st season ticket bought in 4 years. section c row 10. had been to about 10 home games last season. changed job so more time now.

done so on line. Cant wait !!

Franco Fascione

We will sell plenty of season tickets and will definitely exceed last seasons total, of that I am sure.

Main          22

Gorgie         6

Wheatfield  8

J                  2

H             266

Total        304

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Still pretty impressive. And that's true even if you strip out the OF "distortion" (home and away). We compare very favourably with many leagues which have multiples of our TV and sponsorship revenue including leagues that have no great appeal outside the relevant country's borders. Yet the myth that Scottish football is dying seems ingrained in many minds. And that we'd be like Ireland (or Wales!!) without the OF.

Because the TV companies take the attitude that English football is British anyway, so why don't we just watch that instead, after all its the best in the world. It's difficult to discuss this without becoming political and dragging this topic off subject.

Good to see the real life-blood of our game pouring money in to our club again this season though, and I don't mean BT, SKY or the BBC. Fans are what keeps us going.

Dagger Is Back

This is a great problem to have. I'm sitting here with ?350 to spend on an adult/U12 ticket package and at the mo there are none! Need to wait until the June deadline methinks

Gorgie_Rules

This is a great problem to have. I'm sitting here with ?350 to spend on an adult/U12 ticket package and at the mo there are none! Need to wait until the June deadline methinks

Two together have just appeared first row upper of Z if you are off your mark, Ideal for the under 12 having no-one in front of you

Dagger Is Back

Two together have just appeared first row upper of Z if you are off your mark, Ideal for the under 12 having no-one in front of you

Cheers mate but I've only got ?350 so needing to wait for Bronze or Silver to show. Would have been ideal too.

Archived