The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

TheMaganator

He'll be much better when he's got Sturgeon beside him at PMQs and she can give him pointers.

:2thumbsup:

It isn't happening according to that.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooft. This is pretty good stuff.

No coalition for labour. No deals for them.

Ed will change his tune if he gets the chance.

Got this show recorded so will watch later but according to Twitter Cameron did well and Miliband said Labour didn't overspend when in power which didn't go down well. Sounds good!!

Ed should really just have admitted the last Labour Party overspent :laugh: Audience not buying this.

He tried to step away from the Brown-Balls terror when he had Johnson as Shadow Chancellor. When he stepped down that chance at a reboot went.

The chart above where debt was rising during the noughties says it all. That size of structural deficit and enormous structural size of the public sector meant the debt ballooning was inevitable when the economy turned down. It also makes it incredibly difficult to reduce the size of the public sector. The SNP are finding favour with a policy which says that they will oppose any reduction in any area subject to Barnett consequential. Incredible.

TheMaganator

Ed will change his tune if he gets the chance.

Got this show recorded so will watch later but according to Twitter Cameron did well and Miliband said Labour didn't overspend when in power which didn't go down well. Sounds good!!

He repeated it over and over.

Tory specs off Cameron did do well

It isn't happening according to that.

Ach, mag, i know you're a purist, but these politicians! Boy, sometimes they say stuff to garner votes and then, well, i'll be darned if they don't just go and do the opposite anyway.

A lab-lib coalition isn't utterly impossible, but it would go the way of ol yeller pretty damn fast.

ToadKiller Dog

Not watching but did Mr Ed really say he would prefer a Tory government to working with the SNP ?

Talk about putting the final nail in labour in Scotland .

Not watching but did Mr Ed really say he would prefer a Tory government to working with the SNP ?

He did :(

Second Election on the cairds.

TheMaganator

He said he'd rather not be in government than do deals with a party who wants Britain to fail.

Country over party. Good man. Respect him for that.

Guest Trapper John

Great to watch a debate without goggle-eyed SNP supporters in the audience shouting down the opposition.

Civilised people, the English.

Guest Trapper John

He said he'd rather not be in government than do deals with a party who wants Britain to fail.

Has the House of Commons shop got a frozen section? You''ll find 59 SNP MP's camped there for five years.

TheMaganator

Ach, mag, i know you're a purist, but these politicians! Boy, sometimes they say stuff to garner votes and then, well, i'll be darned if they don't just go and do the opposite anyway.

A lab-lib coalition isn't utterly impossible, but it would go the way of ol yeller pretty damn fast.

:lol:

That performance would be hard to come back from though.

It'd be pretty embarrassing if he reversed that speech.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Great to watch a debate without goggle-eyed SNP supporters in the audience shouting down the opposition.

Civilised people, the English.

:troll:

:lol:

That performance would be hard to come back from though.

It'd be pretty embarrassing if he reversed that speech.

History would see it as far more embarrassing if he gave up his chance at being PM. 

Is there a situation where they can limp over the line with the lib dems? Anyway, i still say he's playing hardball.

TheMaganator

"Have you got a plan for next week when you become unemployed and your party becomes an irrelevance?"

"Charming"

This is glorious viewing

Craig Gordons Gloves

He's right though.

Watching QT from Scotchland is just a shout-a-thon

i confess to not having seen QT for quite some time. Although i did see the clip of that crazy guy on one during the referendum who was on about jesus and stuff defending the union.  That was in Scotland though.

it's that bloody mi5 again ,my mate told me he read it on wos!

TheMaganator

Tbh that guy could have just shouted that outside at Clegg as he left the building.

National TV program to put a point across to a leader of a party to hear honest(ish) answers, and he says that.

It was amusing, but someone else could've had a more pertinent point to put to Clegg.

True but it's inappropriateness made me laugh

maroonlegions

Outstanding song lyrically that is from a group of buskers about this years election.Seems it has struck a chord with electors, good on um.  

_82681057_busker.jpg

"A troupe of roving British buskers have shot to fame on Facebook after a radical protest song struck a chord with voters preparing to elect the country's next government on 7 May. The group Phat?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32537891

Ibrahim Tall

I hadn't realised every country in the EU was leaving, doesn't really seem much of a point in leaving if everyone else is before us. :(

TheMaganator

I hadn't realised every country in the EU was leaving, doesn't really seem much of a point in leaving if everyone else is before us. :(

I was all for leaving until I heard we were ninth in the queue

Miliband's knows that the Tories have done a good job of scaring the English that the SNP will cause havoc in a Lab-Nat pact. He's terrified of a late swing to Tory so he has to distance himself from any notion of such a pact. Labour are slipping and sliding around with no credible plan to form a government. In fact he's now admitting the Labour party will not govern after the election. An utterly shambolic state to get in.

More ConDem then.

The Mighty Thor

Deflection and whataboutery.

Can you answer the question please?

I'll let you go first chief. Your mob are in power and turning a blind eye (encouraging) wholesale corporate tax avoidance.

Whataboutery your way out of that.

Did I just hear Nicola clearly state that this election is in no way connected to independence? Dave, Nick, Ed and co must have got that wrong. Or lied.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Childish name-calling. This is what Scotland has become.

You have no idea what Scotland is actually like as you you ****ed off to Spain years ago.

Your self-loathing has no power here.

TheMaganator

I'll let you go first chief. Your mob are in power and turning a blind eye (encouraging) wholesale corporate tax avoidance.

Whataboutery your way out of that.

:lol: they could do more about it.

Straight question though that you've refused to engage with - Why did the SNP give ?10m to a company who pays no tax here?

Guest Trapper John

You have no idea what Scotland is actually like as you you messed off to Spain years ago.

Your self-loathing has no power here.

A bit of an odd and insular view when you have Liberty not Hillary on your signature...

Edited by Trapper John

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

A bit of an odd and insular view when you have Liberty not Hillary on your signature...

Scotland is not some apocalyptic wasteland as Gorgiewave makes out (or would like it to be). I'm calling out bullshit.

He's completely given up on Scotland on the basis of one (possible) election result. A majority of the Scottish people haven't given up on Britain despite probably not getting election results they've desired over the years. Maybe he could learn something from them.

"Mr Milliband, would you like to be PM"

"No, I hate the jocks so much I'd rather never be PM"

:Aye:

So all the (English) Westminster parties have decided to exclude all SNP MPs from everything? That'll save their precious union right enough. British citizens electing British MPs to sit in the British parliament but being blackballed because the big parties don't like them.   :vrface:

Edited by Cade

Scotland is not some apocalyptic wasteland as Gorgiewave makes out (or would like it to be). I'm calling out bullshit.

He's completely given up on Scotland on the basis of one (possible) election result. A majority of the Scottish people haven't given up on Britain despite probably not getting election results they've desired over the years. Maybe he could learn something from them.

I haven't and it is going to be proper ugly Friday morning

:ayeright:

it is called a minority government. If the snp want to bring it down that is up to them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:ayeright:

Or more like, "Yes and those stupid jocks have already said that I've got their 50 something MPs in the bag".

Guest Trapper John

I get the impression on this thread that because he happens to live in Spain, somehow he is unentitled to have an opinion on what's happening at home.

By the way, I haven't given up on Britain though there are two governments in place that I don't want or voted for and despise equally. 

Edited by Trapper John

The Mighty Thor

[emoji38] they could do more about it.

Straight question though that you've refused to engage with - Why did the SNP give ?10m to a company who pays no tax here?

Jobs. Unless you live in a vacuum, Fife is a shit hole and an unemployment blackspot. The site was assumed by Amazon attracted by sweetners.

So Vodafone, HSBC, BP. How much dough is being denied to the exchequer?

That's the price you pay for trying to be honest and provide a clear picture of your intentions to the voters... instead of dealing in ambiguous language and half truths And chicanery.

Guest Trapper John

Jobs. Unless you live in a vacuum, Fife is a shit hole and an unemployment blackspot. The site was assumed by Amazon attracted by sweetners.

So Vodafone, HSBC, BP. How much dough is being denied to the exchequer?

Extremely Tory point of view you have. Expediency and snobbery all in one together.

Where's that re-distribution policy by the way?

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I get the impression on this thread that because he happens to live in Spain, somehow he is unentitled to have an opinion on what's happening at home.

By the way, I haven't given up on Britain though there are two governments in place that I do't want or voted for and despise equally. 

No one has said he isn't entitled to an opinion of what's happening here. Everyone else is entitled to tell him he's talking shite, if they so wish, also.

Good to hear, Trapper.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I haven't and it is going to be proper ugly Friday morning

going by the campaigns so far, it's going to be a bumpy few years, not just Friday morning.

Guest Trapper John

No one has said he isn't entitled to an opinion of what's happening here. Everyone else is entitled to tell him he's talking shite, if they so wish, also.

Good to hear, Trapper.

Anyone else can, not everyone. Some may agree with him.

TheMaganator

:Aye:

So all the (English) Westminster parties have decided to exclude all SNP MPs from everything? That'll save their precious union right enough. British citizens electing British MPs to sit in the British parliament but being blackballed because the big parties don't like them. :vrface:

Erm they haven't excluded them. You can't stand in 8% of seats & demand a seat in government.

Ed has said he'll lead a minority government. If you want to make that more likely vote labour,

Don't waste your vote on a party that want the country to fail and can never form a government.