The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

TheMaganator

That guy is a quack,I'm sure every sane person thinks exactly the same as myself that he's a currant short of a total fruitcake.

I agree he's a quack but you're saying the same as him and basing it on the fact that you knew hundreds of people voting Yes.

I think that was a problem that the Yes camp had tbf. They spent so much time interacting with each other online & at their rallies that they convinced themselves they were going to win.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it really,before Sept 18th the amount of folk I knew voting for Independence was incredible.

Only two of my friends,both Tory voters were the only ones I knew of voting NO,both live in Joppa,very near Easter Rd,hundreds and when I say hundreds I mean hundreds were voting YES,mainly around Motherwell and Hamilton areas I might add.

I was so confident from seeing the amount of folk around Glasgow,I thought it was a stick on that YES would win.

To say I was livid the following day is an understatement,that was before the Unionist riots in Freedom Square,this time around,I'm much more relaxed,I won't count my chickens yet but my confidence is high because this time we are ready,the Vow has never been delivered,it will never see the light of day,ever.

Wait til Indy Scotland.

No Tories Allowed...that's all that matters.

Yep, in a democracy you have to vote for it. Scotland voted against it. Anyway, the original point was there are two MP's from Westminster. 

Spot on,don't forget that it was only last week our national debt reached ?1.5 trillion yet our barmy leaders gives a knighthood to a criminal in the banking industry,jeez.

Beginning to think debt, unemployment, and war is any governments goal, hope im wrong.

And I think I need new eyes.

Edited by aussieh

Malinga the Swinga

Actually I totally believe Danny Alexander and it shows exactly where Cameron is targetting cuts

That said it just shows the LibDumbs in an even worse light.

Firstly if he's highlighting the child benefit changes that he blocked then presumably the LibDumbs approved the other measures such as bedroom tax.

Secondly would Cameron or Miliband trust the LDs as any sort of honourable partner in the next government?  Did someone call him the Ginger Rodent?

I wouldn't believe Danny Alexander one bit. If he was so against this proposal, why not reveal it at the time and have a bit of personal pride. Could it be that facing getting dumped from parliament, he is throwing any mud about he can, hoping some will stick and he can escape a doing at the polls.

Spot on,don't forget that it was only last week our national debt reached ?1.5 trillion yet our barmy leaders gives a knighthood to a criminal in the banking industry,jeez.

National debt is a problem, fine. What would you like to be done about it? Raise taxes to pay it off? Cut expenditure?

I wouldn't believe Danny Alexander one bit. If he was so against this proposal, why not reveal it at the time and have a bit of personal pride. Could it be that facing getting dumped from parliament, he is throwing any mud about he can, hoping some will stick and he can escape a doing at the polls.

Lds are all at it, they dont want to give up the power drug.

tough shit.

Malinga the Swinga

Beginning to thing debt, unemployment, and war is any governments goal, hope im wrong.

What a ludicrous post. Unemployment is coming down and compared to other countries in the EU, our employment, particularly amongst the young, is far better. This government, unlike the last Labour one,has not actually taken part in any illegal war, and some would like us to take a more active part in the Iran, Syria and Ukraine conflicts.

As for debt, I would far rather have the Conservative party in charge of economy than the SNP. A party who rely on oil prices being high, a party who rely on hope rather than practicality and a party who don't understand what Fiscal Autonomy actually means.

That is too small to see but does it not say since 2012? I'd be more interested to see something from his whole tenure (assuming that isn't it)

Aye, it's a bit of faff trying to get a screenshot.

There is a better one in this article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11566370/UK-GDP-falls-to-slowest-pace-in-three-years-with-just-nine-days-until-election.html

Malinga the Swinga

National debt is a problem, fine. What would you like to be done about it? Raise taxes to pay it off? Cut expenditure?

I believe that diving into a pool of hope is the response that SNP followers believe in. Other than that, they just ignore any questions that they don't like and can't answer.

Thunderstruck

Is it really,before Sept 18th the amount of folk I knew voting for Independence was incredible.

Only two of my friends,both Tory voters were the only ones I knew of voting NO,both live in Joppa,very near Easter Rd,hundreds and when I say hundreds I mean hundreds were voting YES,mainly around Motherwell and Hamilton areas I might add.

I was so confident from seeing the amount of folk around Glasgow,I thought it was a stick on that YES would win.

To say I was livid the following day is an understatement,that was before the Unionist riots in Freedom Square,this time around,I'm much more relaxed,I won't count my chickens yet but my confidence is high because this time we are ready,the Vow has never been delivered,it will never see the light of day,ever.

Confirmation Bias.

Malinga the Swinga

Lds are all at it, they dont want to give up the power drug.

tough shit.

not just the LDs. The SNP, the Labour Party and the Conservatives are just as bad.

you do realise that millions of votes were cast in the referendum. Just because the circles you mixed in wanted a Yes vote, doesn't mean that would be replicated everywhere in Scotland. About 99% of the people I knew who could vote were adamant that they were voting No and that was what they did. A lot of people didn't want the bother of the Yes campaigners ramming their arguments down their throats and probably said anything just to shut them up.

You mention Unionist riots. Would that be a few drunks and Rangers fans causing a disturbance that took the police about 15 minutes to get under control. How come these riots were only seen in Glasgow? Could it be because most people accepted the result, shrugged their shoulders and got on with their day to day lives, because unlike you and the losing team, they were happy to remain part of the UK.

To suggest any outside conspiracy is just pre bunkum and straw clutching of the highest order. The SNP may win the most seats in the election, but should there be another referendum, they will get the same result as the last time. Giving Labour a kicking is one thing, destroying the UK is something different altogether.

That's rather odd because up and down the pollsters were saying it would be very close,the difference was rather staggering tbh,but I still maintain there was tampering on a major scale,we were more than surprised as to why folk should be bussed up from England,many from Manchester btw,to knock on doors,then we had the OO monkeys parading in Edinburgh,their time is at hand judging by the amount of 'people' who've left over the past 25 years.

As for the next referendum,it's not happening until around 2020,hopefully the economy in the UK will have picked up by then but if the Tories win an overall majority,which is doubtful,then the last person out of the UK won't need to switch off any lights,there won't be any shining.

The Mighty Thor

Some of the boys on here spend hours trawling the net to find random pish to bolster the Tory/Labour/Lib Dems position and bash the SNP rather than focus on policy and promise.

Why?

Because they're burst! Finished. Nothing to add, nothing to say, nothing to offer. That's why the Scottish electorate are dismissing them out of hand.

Can they accept it or try to address it? Can they ****.

Beginning to think debt, unemployment, and war is any governments goal, hope im wrong.

And I think I need new eyes.

Selling warplanes to the UAE and Dubai is making us millions whilst Israel is buying them from America,the only winner is the undertaker,what is war good for?

Some of the boys on here spend hours trawling the net to find random pish to bolster the Tory/Labour/Lib Dems position and bash the SNP rather than focus on policy and promise.

Why?

Because they're burst! Finished. Nothing to add, nothing to say, nothing to offer. That's why the Scottish electorate are dismissing them out of hand.

Can they accept it or try to address it? Can they ****.

Can't see much snp policy on here. Oh that's right they nicked it off labour

Try and find ways for companies to pay their bloody taxes,is that so hard for the Tories to do?

The Mighty Thor

Can't see much snp policy on here. Oh that's right they nicked it off labour

They nicked it off Labour.

In the same way the English gave the world cricket who then proceeded to leather them senseless.

Yup. They nicked it off labour. [emoji38]

Malinga the Swinga

That's rather odd because up and down the pollsters were saying it would be very close,the difference was rather staggering tbh,but I still maintain there was tampering on a major scale,we were more than surprised as to why folk should be bussed up from England,many from Manchester btw,to knock on doors,then we had the OO monkeys parading in Edinburgh,their time is at hand judging by the amount of 'people' who've left over the past 25 years.

As for the next referendum,it's not happening until around 2020,hopefully the economy in the UK will have picked up by then but if the Tories win an overall majority,which is doubtful,then the last person out of the UK won't need to switch off any lights,there won't be any shining.

there is no point in me continuing to discuss this because you believe that some hidden authority tampered with a vote whereas I don't. There is no evidence to suggest tampering has occurred, not one valid shred of evidence anywhere in existence and yet because the vote didn't go the way you and your hundreds of friends were convinced it would, you suggest cheating and fraud has occurred. Is it not simpler to believe you allowed yourself to be brainwashed by wee Eck and his sidekick Nicola but the majority of Scots didn't and you lost. Fair and Square, No won and Yes lost.

TheMaganator

Try and find ways for companies to pay their bloody taxes,is that so hard for the Tories to do?

The problem is people keep encouraging them. 

The SNP, for example, gave amazon ?10m as a pressie to set up here and amazon don't pay any tax in the UK? Very irresponsible of the SNP, I am sure you will agree.  

The Mighty Thor

The problem is people keep encouraging them.

The SNP, for example, gave amazon ?10m as a pressie to set up here and amazon don't pay any tax in the UK? Very irresponsible of the SNP, I am sure you will agree.

Vodafone.

BP

HSBC

etc, etc, etc.

One could spend a hell of a long time shooting holes in the Tories 'economic' policy which basically amounts to looking after themselves and their own. It's simply how they roll.

Guest Trapper John

Vodafone.

BP

HSBC

etc, etc, etc.

One could spend a hell of a long time shooting holes in the Tories 'economic' policy which basically amounts to looking after themselves and their own. It's simply how they roll.

Whilst the SNP's' economic policy' is entirely flawless itself, you mean?

NB let me know when you find out what their policies actually are. Particularly the one's about re-distributing wealth and their record of doing that over the last 8 years.

TheMaganator

Vodafone.

BP

HSBC

etc, etc, etc.

If a progressive tax hungry party like the SNP are so against tax avoidance why did they give amazon ?10m even though they don't pay taxes here?

What a ludicrous post. Unemployment is coming down and compared to other countries in the EU, our employment, particularly amongst the young,(They can count the numbers as they cant get benefits until theyre 18) is far better. This government, unlike the last Labour one,has not actually taken part in any illegal war, and some would like us to take a more active part in the Iran, Syria and Ukraine conflicts.Not because they didnt want to, they were voted down on syria.

As for debt, I would far rather have the Conservative party in charge of economy than the SNP. A party who rely on oil prices being high, a party who rely on hope rather than practicality and a party who don't understand what Fiscal Autonomy actually means.

Aye right, the Uk government rely on oil for their credit rating otherwise theyd be well downgraded, and in further shite.

Doubled debt, construction and manufacturing effectively in recession, growth .3% tricle down growth my arse.

Unemployment down cause people are self employed, on zero hours, or struck of f benefit or on esa.

Gies peace mal.

Oh, and 12b cuts and no tax rises on the way.

Edited by aussieh

When Scotland is independent, who or what will the SNP blame for their ruination of the country?

Pollution from over the border? We should have had an oil fund all along?

The SNP was proposing reduced Corporation Tax. Oh no! The SNP facilitated Amazon's "special" tax regime in Scotland.

The Mighty Thor

If a progressive tax hungry party like the SNP are so against tax avoidance why did they give amazon ?10m even though they don't pay taxes here?

How does that stand up against BP'S tax avoidance programme or the Vodafone 'forgiveness'

Jaw dropping numbers on Gideons watch more of the same on the agenda for the next 5 years.

What a ludicrous post. Unemployment is coming down and compared to other countries in the EU, our employment, particularly amongst the young, is far better. This government, unlike the last Labour one,has not actually taken part in any illegal war, and some would like us to take a more active part in the Iran, Syria and Ukraine conflicts.

A party who balance their budget each and every year they are in power.

They have never relied on oil prices considering that revenue goes to the UK treasury. I do find it rather unseemly how much joy the price drop in oil gives Unionists when it's a rather Pyrrhic victory given the UK relies on that revenue and we are ?1.5 trillion in debt.

When Scotland is independent, who or what will the SNP blame for their ruination of the country?

Pollution from over the border? We should have had an oil fund all along?

Sorry, I think your in the wrong place. This is a UK general election thread.

Nookie Bear

Sorry, I think your in the wrong place. This is a UK general election thread.

I thought it was a thread for folk whining that it's a GE thread, and not an Indy one.

That's what most of the posts are, it appears.

Malinga the Swinga

They have never relied on oil prices considering that revenue goes to the UK treasury. I do find it rather unseemly how much joy the price drop in oil gives Unionists when it's a rather Pyrrhic victory given the UK relies on that revenue and we are ?1.5 trillion in debt.

other than my own bills coming down, albeit in a far smaller amount than they should have, and petrol being slightly cheaper, I don't see the drop in price as any sort of victory. What I do see is that the SNP allowed themselves to believe the price would always be high and that they could base all their sums on this high price. The failure to understand that the price could fall to a much lower amount would have seen their plans decimated and Scotland facing ruin.

I thought it was a thread for folk whining that it's a GE thread, and not an Indy one.

That's what most of the posts are, it appears.

Fair point.

It'll soon be time for Scottish Labour to vote in a new electorate. The current one is obviously not fit for purpose.

Thunderstruck

Without borrowing powers they must balance the budget.

Let's wait and see how quickly they rack up debt if/when FFA/FRR.

Of much more interest is where all the money they received went. None of the SNP adherents on here seem to be able to provide any answer to that question.

It'll soon be time for Scottish Labour to vote in a new electorate. The current one is obviously not fit for purpose.

It sure isn't. Coked up to the eyeballs on self-pity and self-righteousness.

Nookie Bear

Fair point.

Just kidding, mate

I don't think you can see this GE in isolation, more like the next stage of the move towards another Referendum. Especially with SNP in line to do so well it is THE issue for many.

Let's face it, Lab/Con policies are not so far apart to make a whole heap of difference.

It sure isn't. Coked up to the eyeballs on self-pity and self-righteousness.

Thank goodness we have your frenzied, unhinged posts to keep us on the straight and narrow.

TheMaganator

How does that stand up against BP'S tax avoidance programme or the Vodafone 'forgiveness'

Jaw dropping numbers on Gideons watch more of the same on the agenda for the next 5 years.

Deflection and whataboutery.

Can you answer the question please?

Thank goodness we have your frenzied, unhinged posts to keep us on the straight and narrow.

You and Boris are the biggest disappointments for me.

Slippery Jim taking an absolute pasting on Reporting Scotland from arch-Unionist Sally Magnusson. If he gave a straight answer to a single one of her questions I must have missed it.

Guest Trapper John

Deflection and whataboutery.

Can you answer the question please?

I'm still waiting for the one on wealth redistribution, too.

Them tumbleweeds...

other than my own bills coming down, albeit in a far smaller amount than they should have, and petrol being slightly cheaper, I don't see the drop in price as any sort of victory. What I do see is that the SNP allowed themselves to believe the price would always be high and that they could base all their sums on this high price. The failure to understand that the price could fall to a much lower amount would have seen their plans decimated and Scotland facing ruin.

Oil would be 15% of the Scottish economy.

Regurgitate as much of the stuff discussed pre Referendum if you like, it still does not and will not affect the truth of this General Election.

No-one wants to vote for either establishment party with any great passion - to the extent that we face a possible hung parliament.

The SNP offers a small difference to what Labour or the Tories offer - a small raise in public spending and a reduction in punitive and debunked "austerity". Not nearly radical enough imo but a start- and people are queing up to vote for them.

Imagine if the voters in the rest of the UK had a credible alternative to the two neo-liberal corporate & banking sponsored TTIP favouring parties who offer an identical path towards further inequality.

Guest Trapper John

Slippery Jim taking an absolute pasting on Reporting Scotland from arch-Unionist Sally Magnusson. If he gave a straight answer to a single one of her questions I must have missed it.

Must have taken a tip from Slippery Sturge at FMQ's today.

ministers are not allowed to speak out against the government.

Robbie Neilson

Scottish Labour are a complete shambles and are absolutely papping themselves. I dont think they will be annihilated next week, but i think they will be well beaten. Lovely

Dont snap your flutes in a hissy fit either now, when the SNP win the lot. Mintit. :)

thought I had wandered on to the wrong website by mistake