The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Must have taken a tip from Slippery Sturge at FMQ's today.

Was that when Dugdale - has she always looked this ill and exhausted, or has she finally realised that Labour is a busted flush in Scotland - spent the whole session on matters unrelated to the GE and was once again put firmly in her place?

Labour doesn't get it. Even pig's-bladder-with-red-rosette territory has turned. People don't trust them. The gravy train is reaching the terminus - time for a whole lot of political mediocrities to get off. Hopefully permanently.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just listened to Jim Murphy's interview(or should it be speech)with Sally Magnusson on TV.

He just talks ,talks and talks. You cant say he doesn't answer questions the interviewer never gets to put them over.

He must surely be getting sacked on the 8th May. I know Scottish Labour are in a bad way but there has to be somebody better than this clown.

Guest Trapper John

Was that when Dugdale - has she always looked this ill and exhausted, or has she finally realised that Labour is a busted flush in Scotland - spent the whole session on matters unrelated to the GE and was once again put firmly in her place?

Labour doesn't get it. Even pig's-bladder-with-red-rosette territory has turned. People don't trust them. The gravy train is reaching the terminus - time for a whole lot of political mediocrities to get off. Hopefully permanently.Yp

Your party has a monopoly on them. 

In his absence, it looks like it'll be the Tory party who'll have to do that.

I thought you were Labour ?

Its hard to tell on this thread.

Guest Trapper John

282BAEEE00000578-0-image-a-1_14304074572

No candidate is in this picture, sorry if off-topic.

Some mad Unionist has taken a couple of pot shots at her...

Your party has a monopoly on them.

I don't disagree with you on the calibre of some of the candidates. That lassie standing for Paisley doesn't look as if she will bring much to the table. The collapse of Labour, firstly in 2011 and (prospectively) now means that a lot of SNP candidates who probably never expected to be elected so soon have been or will be next week. There has been a premature acceleration of some people's careers.

But maybe unlike you, I'm under no illusion about the quality of MPs and MSPs who represent Labour. Frankly, I think the entire Labour body politic in Scotland is rotten to the core. This is a party which has sent the likes of Ann Moffat, Jim Devine (is he out of jail yet?) and Eric Joyce to Westminster - horrendous human beings, and all of them old enough to have known better. I've sat in the viewing gallery at Holyrood and listened to Central Belt Labour MSPs who could hardly string a sentence together - despite the fact that they were reading from printed sheets.

There is no monopoly on mediocrity in Scottish politics. Filling the vacuum didn't start until 1997, and it's going to take a long time to develop a sophisticated political class - especially if the route into politics remains as uninspiring and predictable as it appears to be for many candidates.

Guest Trapper John

I don't disagree with you on the calibre of some of the candidates. That lassie standing for Paisley doesn't look as if she will bring much to the table. The collapse of Labour, firstly in 2011 and (prospectively) now means that a lot of SNP candidates who probably never expected to be elected so soon have been or will be next week. There has been a premature acceleration of some people's careers.

But maybe unlike you, I'm under no illusion about the quality of MPs and MSPs who represent Labour. Frankly, I think the entire Labour body politic in Scotland is rotten to the core. This is a party which has sent the likes of Ann Moffat, Jim Devine (is he out of jail yet?) and Eric Joyce to Westminster - horrendous human beings, and all of them old enough to have known better. I've sat in the viewing gallery at Holyrood and listened to Central Belt Labour MSPs who could hardly string a sentence together - despite the fact that they were reading from printed sheets.

There is no monopoly on mediocrity in Scottish politics. Filling the vacuum didn't start until 1997, and it's going to take a long time to develop a sophisticated political class - especially if the route into politics remains as uninspiring and predictable as it appears to be for many candidates.

Either you personally  set your standards too high or you expect too much from people, ie politicians.

You at least expect some form of economic literacy and knowledge from your candidates. Ferrier, Black, O' Hare and Hay are as about as shameful, illiterate bunch of inepts and chancers that ever stood before an electorate. And that is just four of them that we know about.

If they were standing for Labour I'd say the  same of them.  But these four are a particular disgrace. And these are the people who will be representing most of us if the polls are right.

God help us, indeed.

On sunny Jim's interview with Ponsonby last night.

Ponsonby says to Jim, using football parlance if SNP are Real Madrid what does that make Scottish Labour, Jim mutters something about Barcelona .

Perhaps .he should have said THIRD LANARK 

:qqb006:

Either you personally  set your standards too high or you expect too much from people, ie politicians.

You at least expect some form of economic literacy and knowledge from your candidates. Ferrier, Black, O' Hare and Hay are as about as shameful, illiterate bunch of inepts and chancers that ever stood before an electorate. And that is just four of them that we know about.

If they were standing for Labour I'd say the  same of them.  But these four are a particular disgrace. And these are the people who will be representing most of us if the polls are right.

God help us, indeed.

By "setting your standards too high" do you mean expecting MPs not to assault (serially) people, defraud (serially) the public or falsely allege assault in order to further a poltical career? Because those aren't really very adventurous targets. No offence, but the Labour party really needs to look at the calibre of the people who represent it from top to bottom.

Malinga the Swinga

Oil would be 15% of the Scottish economy.

Regurgitate as much of the stuff discussed pre Referendum if you like, it still does not and will not affect the truth of this General Election.

No-one wants to vote for either establishment party with any great passion - to the extent that we face a possible hung parliament.

The SNP offers a small difference to what Labour or the Tories offer - a small raise in public spending and a reduction in punitive and debunked "austerity". Not nearly radical enough imo but a start- and people are queing up to vote for them.

Imagine if the voters in the rest of the UK had a credible alternative to the two neo-liberal corporate & banking sponsored TTIP favouring parties who offer an identical path towards further inequality.

They are in England, Wales and surprisingly, a fair amount in Scotland as well. Given what looks like happening next Thursday, we can look forward to revived Conservative party once again taking hold in Scotland and assuming it's rightful place as the natural party og government.

Malinga the Swinga

By "setting your standards too high" do you mean expecting MPs not to assault (serially) people, defraud (serially) the public or falsely allege assault in order to further a poltical career? Because those aren't really very adventurous targets. No offence, but the Labour party really needs to look at the calibre of the people who represent it from top to bottom.

as do the SNP

Must have taken a tip from Slippery Sturge at FMQ's today.

Jye, tell me its no true, your no Tory, tell me. :(

Sturgeon is pure dead gallus fine in the weeg but not in the real world she will cost votes

That'll be Nicola Sturgeon, the most popular politician in Britain? Let me know how that works out for you. http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/wider-political-news/poll-shows-sturgeon-is-now-the-most-popular-politician-across-britain.124601616

Seriously though, and i don't know what party you follow, but if you want to defeat the SNP you need to atleast respect them before you can understand them. Simply writing off the most popular politician in Britain because you happen to dislike her is burying your head in the sand, and it's the attitude that is driving voters away from every other majoy political party in Scotland.

Did the SSP not get chucked out of Holyrood for something to do with refusing the oath?

Not to my knowledge. Many of them made a show of their disobedience, but i think they all ended up taking the oath because, when push comes to shove, you have to if you want to be sworn in.

Dodgy Dave having a few troubles. 

- His father had offshore assets (he claims not to have known about them) but the value is not known.  He is entitled to a1/3rd share.  He also wants to increase the Inheritance Tax threshold which would benefit him greatly I imagine.  Can these two facts be related or just co-incidence?

- Danny Alexander blames him for the proposed Child Benefit reduction that was blocked and apparently has documentary evidence

- The party Chairman is accused of editing Wiki details to the party's benefit although it might have been Mr Green who dunnit.

- Productivity has nosedived.  What a piece of bad luck.

No doubt much more to come.

Dodgy Dave having a few troubles.

- His father had offshore assets (he claims not to have known about them) but the value is not known. He is entitled to a1/3rd share. He also wants to increase the Inheritance Tax threshold which would benefit him greatly I imagine. Can these two facts be related or just co-incidence?

- Danny Alexander blames him for the proposed Child Benefit reduction that was blocked and apparently has documentary evidence

- The party Chairman is accused of editing Wiki details to the party's benefit although it might have been Mr Green who dunnit.

- Productivity has nosedived. What a piece of bad luck.

No doubt much more to come.

boy is a tit. Unfortunately will remain pm.

Just thinking about David Cameron's vow of no tax rises ... and indeed all of the other parties (SNP in particular with their 'modest' splurge funded by borrowing). They are all pretending that the business cycle doesn?t exist anymore and that the economy just keeps growing. No more boom and bust indeed.

It is no wonder that public debt keeps being racheted higher and higher.

Just seen Kezia Dugdale at FMQ's earlier. God she looks broken, even as a Yes supporter during Indyref I actually found her to be quite a competent speaker. Seems like now she's just being told to tow party line.

Labour doesn't get it. Even pig's-bladder-with-red-rosette territory has turned. People don't trust them. The gravy train is reaching the terminus - time for a whole lot of political mediocrities to get off. Hopefully permanently.

Time for the SNP to jump on the gravy train.

67ba1a8ec62dc0c384eeae5784c7ce8e.jpg

Surely you can see the rate at which debt is growing is slowing down from 2010 onwards? Whats your observation of the graph? Did you want debt to be start declining instantly?

Psychedelicropcircle

Unionists help me understand why the conservatives get away with out borrowing labour yet labour gets the blame. Gives out grief about the SNP and coalition when in a coalition.

Nobody pulls them not labour msm nobody?

Red Ed getting pelters

He'll be much better when he's got Sturgeon beside him at PMQs and she can give him pointers.

:2thumbsup:

Edited by 2NaFish