• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top guy is Tyson Fury. Was delighted for him and donating his entire fight purse to charity is incredible.

Guys been through hell and back and to come back to the pinicle of the sport in what is really his first proper fight is an amazing achievement

If he isn't given the sports personlaity of the year award it would be a travesty almost as big as him not being given that decision. 

Think if he had a another year and better opponents under his belt he wouldn't have been knocked down twice. Still feel he had a lot of blubber and alot less muscle mass. Looking at him against Kltichko he isnt as sharp but still almost beat Wilder. 

Amir Khan V Terrance Crawford looks like it will be happening. Khan will get Ko'd once again as the boy Crawford is an animal even with the weight advantage in Khan's favour. 

Doesn't deserve that fight if it goes ahead. Should be fighting Kell Brooke and the winner of that gets the shot a Crawford.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Amir Khan V Terrance Crawford looks like it will be happening. Khan will get Ko'd once again as the boy Crawford is an animal even with the weight advantage in Khan's favour. 

Doesn't deserve that fight if it goes ahead. Should be fighting Kell Brooke and the winner of that gets the shot a Crawford.

Has the Brook fight been confirmed yet? The last I heard was Khan was insisting on hydration clauses to limit Brook's weight gain after the weigh-in. Brook would hammer him but just wonder how much the previous injuries to the eye sockets can impact his mindset. Khan is so fortunate to keep getting top level fights. 

14 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Has the Brook fight been confirmed yet? The last I heard was Khan was insisting on hydration clauses to limit Brook's weight gain after the weigh-in. Brook would hammer him but just wonder how much the previous injuries to the eye sockets can impact his mindset. Khan is so fortunate to keep getting top level fights

An easy fight and brings a decent purse, no wonder the top guys still happy to fight him.

On 03/12/2018 at 11:36, AlimOzturk said:

Top guy is Tyson Fury. Was delighted for him and donating his entire fight purse to charity is incredible.

Guys been through hell and back and to come back to the pinicle of the sport in what is really his first proper fight is an amazing achievement

If he isn't given the sports personlaity of the year award it would be a travesty almost as big as him not being given that decision. 

Think if he had a another year and better opponents under his belt he wouldn't have been knocked down twice. Still feel he had a lot of blubber and alot less muscle mass. Looking at him against Kltichko he isnt as sharp but still almost beat Wilder. 

Theres no chance he'll get that , remember the uproar last time he was nominated . He's not PC enough

• 2 weeks later...
jack D and coke

Bizarre scenes here. Guy reckoned he wasn’t getting paid enough and done this as a protest. Probably nowt to do with the fact the guy looked like he’d knock seven shades out him. Efe Ajagba looks like someone to keep an eye on too. 

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2018/08/24/curtis-harper-walks-out-ring-heavyweight-boxing-efe-ejagba/1091817002/

jack D and coke

Really looking forward to Whyte Chisora 2. First fight was an absolute belter and a draw for me. Chisora lookIng in great shape it has to be said. 

This will pish on the Wilder Fury fight. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Really looking forward to Whyte Chisora 2. First fight was an absolute belter and a draw for me. Chisora lookIng in great shape it has to be said. 

This will pish on the Wilder Fury fight. 

Should be a cracker. Both guys are absolute granite and I can see it going 12 rounds unless it’s anything like Chisora v Takem which was the real ‘fight of the year’, then maybe one of them falls eventually.

Both will be a bit more technical I think because they know each other’s power and won’t want to get into a punch for punch battle like Chisora v Takem which was old school brutal trades.

I think both are top 10 heavyweights. Fancy Dillian to win though and fight AJ in April. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

jack D and coke
28 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Should be a cracker. Both guys are absolute granite and I can see it going 12 rounds unless it’s anything like Chisora v Takem which was the real ‘fight of the year’, then maybe one of them falls eventually.

Both will be a bit more technical I think because they know each other’s power and won’t want to get into a punch for punch battle like Chisora v Takem which was old school brutal trades.

I think both are top 10 heavyweights. Fancy Dillian to win though and fight AJ in April. 

It’s hard to say, Chisora looks in absolute tip top condition and like you say both are solid, granite chinned, tough *******s. I’m really looking forward to it. It’s not often you know you’re going to see a fight with two guys that are evenly matched, love a tear up and dislike each other immensely. 

The Takam fight was tremendous too. 

Im feeling Chisora might do it this time. It’ll be very close though. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s hard to say, Chisora looks in absolute tip top condition and like you say both are solid, granite chinned, tough *******s. I’m really looking forward to it. It’s not often you know you’re going to see a fight with two guys that are evenly matched, love a tear up and dislike each other immensely. 

The Takam fight was tremendous too. 

Im feeling Chisora might do it this time. It’ll be very close though. 

Agree, it’ll be close. I think Chisora working with Haye has done wonders for his conditioning. He was already pretty fit but looks fitter.

I like both Dillian and Del Boy. Dillian managed to knock down Parker, Chisora ko’d Takem, AJ didn’t manage to do either, so these guys are both top level. 

Heavyweight Division is finally at a good level but I still don’t think any of them except Fury could beat AJ, even then that would go the distance. 

jack D and coke
41 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree, it’ll be close. I think Chisora working with Haye has done wonders for his conditioning. He was already pretty fit but looks fitter.

I like both Dillian and Del Boy. Dillian managed to knock down Parker, Chisora ko’d Takem, AJ didn’t manage to do either, so these guys are both top level. 

Heavyweight Division is finally at a good level but I still don’t think any of them except Fury could beat AJ, even then that would go the distance. 

I actually think both these two will trouble AJ and possibly both beat Wilder. I see next to nothing in Wilder other than stupid windmill punches. He can dig obviously but Fury danced around him all night until the last round but just has no power to take anyone out. Chisora or Whyte land it’ll be a different story altogether. 

Agree with you in that I like both guys, Chisora is finally looking like he might fulfill his early potential and Whyte I admire for the way he came up through the division with nothing, no trainers or promoters in the beginning just turned up to fights and has fought his way up and turned into a very decent heavyweight. Should be a cracking scrap??

Some fight from two matched opponents. Brutal knockout by whyte. Guy has knockout power indeed. 

He has improved big time since fighting joshua and I can see him taking him out. He rocked Joshua and beat him in the amatures.  

20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Some fight from two matched opponents. Brutal knockout by whyte. Guy has knockout power indeed. 

He has improved big time since fighting joshua and I can see him taking him out. He rocked Joshua and beat him in the amatures.  

Was a great fight,  both going for a win big style.

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I agree. It's likely Fury and Wilder will have their rematch while the demand is there and I anticipate Whyte to be the opponent on 13th April. 

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Just watched UFC 232 press conference.

it was a bit of a car crash for a variety of reasons. 

Jon Jones keeps repeating ‘the grain of sand defence’ and complaining this issue should never have been raised. Not a good look, particulary when you can’t say the measurement category and Dana White is telling him he won’t answer questions as he was digging a massive hole. 

Jom Jones was pretty rattled at various points. He asked for a reporter to be removed for a question he didn’t like and then basically acting like a petulant child. 

I hope Jone gets beats at the weekend. As talented fighter as he is, it gets harder to root for him with every controversy 

Jones is a cheating junkie and his treatment of that reported was horrendous. 

Hope he gets ended tomorrow. 

Did you guys listen to the Novitsky podcast? It was trace elements of the same chemical event as he was already suspended for. 

You can't suspend the guy again for something he's already been suspended for nearly 2 years for. The guy is a moron but the evidence suggests he hasn't done anything wrong.

This time at least.

I also thought the reporter who looked like Mackenzie Dern was trying to provoke him and got the reaction she was looking for. He was too dumb to rise above it.

I read the report on the latest one of the Fury family having his first fight. Well done I thought, then I read the bit that said his opponent had a record of 116 fights and 103 defeats. How is that even allowed to continue as a career without the authorities stepping in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Gregg Hardy still the piece of shit he was from his NFL days.

I couldn’t believe that clown was co main, he’s a scumbag. Looking forward to Cejudo TJ @ 135 if it goes ahead. What a night for the cowboy though, Conor has said he’ll fight him, what a war that promises to be 

• 2 weeks later...

Saint George Groves has announced his retirement, saying no longer has the desire and that after Eduard Gutknecht suffered a brain aneurysm in 2016 he'd decided to only carry on as long as he really had to.

Will never forget watching the fights v Froch and he bows out having had a decent career where he's only ever been beat in World Title fights!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's face it, he'd struggle to beat many of the top 10 Lightweights now. He could stuff takedowns (sometimes) at 145lbs when he could cut an insane amount of weight and be giant for his division. He can't do that now against 155lb guys his own size with proper ground games. There's also no way on earth he gets back to 145. 

The guys are even bigger and better wrestlers at 170lb so what choice does he have? 

Chad Mendes took him down easily at 145lbs. He's great fun to watch but he's been shown to be one dimensional and flawed. Even strikers at 155lb like Al, Poirier and Holloway I'd expect to beat Conor.

His hunger has gone and he knows he's easy meat for wrestlers. 

Just a negotiating tactic if you ask me, he really doesn’t need to fight anymore as his whiskey is flying off the shelf and his brand image hasn’t taken too much of a hit. His next fight could ruin everything he’s done up until now. If you ask me this is all smoke and mirrors for a mega fight with Diaz nearer Xmas time. He will make so much from that fight that the outcome would be irrelevant as this is the one fight the fans want. Everyone would be buzzing that the trilogy is complete and the result of the fight would be almost secondary

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

McGregor being investigated for sexual assault. Has come out in press, have been twitter rumours for a while.

McGregor is best retiring, he doesn’t need the money, and this way he keeps a bit of a mystique about him. However, for a variety or reasons he never going to be be able to cut it at championship level in the octagon again. However let not pretend he wasn’t a top level fighter who made UFC history, whilst promoting the shit out himself and the UFC. 

Guy isn’t stupid getting punched in the face by some of the most skilled fighters in the world isn’t the best idea when your worth a 100M. 

Also sounds like might need a bit of time to sort out some legal/family issues.

He was probably the best bantamweight of all time. His ability to cut vast weight, recover quickly and maintain a ferocious punch was like nothing ever seen before at that weight. He smoked Poirier, Holloway and Aldo and those 3 are still excellent fighters.

At lightweight, he only fought twice. He did beat Eddie Alvarez to become the first ever champ champ. He then got absolutely destroyed and made to look pretty amateurish.

He beat a natural LW at WW so they could fight with no weight cut but lost one as well. When he lost, Diaz was ranked about 10th.

If he is retired, only his time at 145lb is really remarkable. Eddie Alvarez was pretty good but nothing really special. He only really beat RDA who is elite on his route to the belt and got well beaten by Cowboy. 

Looking back, it's hard to really rate Connor in pound for pound terms due to his lack of ground game. He was a big lad who was exceptional at cutting weight and keeping his power. Against guys his own size, still elite but less impressive.

• 2 weeks later...
Sexton Hardcastle

McGregor being found to be the piece of shit most people suspected a long time ago. Bonkers how people still like the guy and line his pockets with cash.

52 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

His tweets last night were, even by his standard, exceptionally poor. Where once he used to be humorous he just comes across as nasty/racist/prejudice. 

I do wonder if he maybe ends up in rehab in the near future.

Started to really notice the racism and sexist comments since the Mayweather fight.The guy needs to get motivated and fight or sink into the distance on the whiskey money.Fighting Khabib again should be a no no he needs to get a few W's.Fighting a Pettis , Cerrone , Gaethje.I don't agree with UFC though his fight with them should be main event not co as it's him that will sell the ppv even without a title on the line.I do agree with Dana though if he wants part ownership stump up the cash.

On 26/03/2019 at 23:30, cosanostra said:

He was probably the best bantamweight of all time. His ability to cut vast weight, recover quickly and maintain a ferocious punch was like nothing ever seen before at that weight. He smoked Poirier, Holloway and Aldo and those 3 are still excellent fighters.

At lightweight, he only fought twice. He did beat Eddie Alvarez to become the first ever champ champ. He then got absolutely destroyed and made to look pretty amateurish.

He beat a natural LW at WW so they could fight with no weight cut but lost one as well. When he lost, Diaz was ranked about 10th.

If he is retired, only his time at 145lb is really remarkable. Eddie Alvarez was pretty good but nothing really special. He only really beat RDA who is elite on his route to the belt and got well beaten by Cowboy. 

Looking back, it's hard to really rate Connor in pound for pound terms due to his lack of ground game. He was a big lad who was exceptional at cutting weight and keeping his power. Against guys his own size, still elite but less impressive.

He has the best counter straight left in MMA especially when he was a 145.Other than that I'm not sure he is that elite at anything except hyping a fight.Dont get me wrong though I enjoy watching his fights.

And he’s on about rematches and meeting in the Octagon. Confirming what everyone thought. His “retirement” was just a bullshit way of staying in the news. 

Edited by Tazio

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And he’s on about rematches and meeting in the Octagon. Confirming what everyone thought. His “retirement” was just a bullshit way of staying in the news. 

I think most of his tweets now point to the fact he is constantly blootered when he is tweeting and it is mostly probably everything bar Proper 12 he is drinking ?

7 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

McGregor being found to be the piece of shit most people suspected a long time ago. Bonkers how people still like the guy and line his pockets with cash.

could be in trouble with the law as well regarding what was published earlier this week in the US

a few youtube searches and you find some really horrible information let hope its not true

2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

could be in trouble with the law as well regarding what was published earlier this week in the US

a few youtube searches and you find some really horrible information let hope its not true

Or perhaps more pertinently, if it is true, it doesn't get swept under the rug.

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

The sexual assault?

Or more than that?

The guy is a ned.

• 2 weeks later...

Khan just got/ took an easy way out of a beating there.

was getting his arse handed to him on a plate for 5 rounds.

Tbf it was a horrific low blow. The referee was being an utter arsehole trying to force him back into the fight when he had a full five mins to recover. 

Wouldn't have made a difference as Kahn would been dropped further down the line anyways and if it went the distance would have lost by a landslide. 

Probably the best baw shot Kahn will ever get as it gives him an excuse  

On 21/04/2019 at 05:44, AlimOzturk said:

Tbf it was a horrific low blow. The referee was being an utter arsehole trying to force him back into the fight when he had a full five mins to recover. 

Wouldn't have made a difference as Kahn would been dropped further down the line anyways and if it went the distance would have lost by a landslide. 

Probably the best baw shot Kahn will ever get as it gives him an excuse  

lucky it was after the 4th round or it would have been a no contest