Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Smith proved ne wrong big time.

Only chance I gave him was landing a lucky right hand, a punchers chance (or Groves arm falling off)

Smith out boxed him, showed good discipline and the game plan was spot on.

Refused to be drawn into making mistakes and over commiting

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody watched the Wilder Fury press conferences on BT sport or YouTube 

Fury is definitely like marmite you either love him or hate him 

I think Fury is hilarious and I hope he smashes wilder

9 hours ago, Angus Ogg said:

He looked in really good shape. If it happens I reckon Fury beats him fairly easily

10 hours ago, Angus Ogg said:

I thought it was a bit cringe to be honest. The whole thing looked scripted and staged, like something you'd expect from the WWE.

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I thought it was a bit cringe to be honest. The whole thing looked scripted and staged, like something you'd expect from the WWE.

Like a couple of big girls blouses they’ve looked and sounded like. 

I cringed an all. 

Took an absoluute beating. Scenes afterwards were something else. Saw a vid on twitter of 2 girls before the fight even started, scrapping. they were going at it.

Honestly can't see them stripping the title from him. He won that fair and square so he'll be fined and might face police action but i reckon they'll leave his belt.

The guy with the red shirt looked a lot like Islam Makhachev. He's going to be banned from the UFC for life if it was. He's a terrific prospect as well. If it actually was him.

A ‘sport’ that involves kicking the shit out of each other in a cage supposedly has morals around sportsmanship and conduct.

??????????????????????????????????????????

Ibrahim Tall
5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

A ‘sport’ that involves kicking the shit out of each other in a cage supposedly has morals around sportsmanship and conduct.

??????????????????????????????????????????

You could say the same about any ‘combat’ sport tbh. 99% of times there’s respect afterwards apart from the pre-fight hype nonsense but McGregor really brought all this on himself, lucky someone didn’t kill him for his nonsense this time.

Big difference between “hyping” a fight saying how you’re going to smash someone etc than there is criticising their faith(particularly that one), family and country etc. Guys an idiot.

Geoff the Mince
10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Lesson learned - don't be a dick to the Russians...

He's from Dagestan.  

20 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

He's from Dagestan.  

Oh... Quite ignorant of me not to do any research whatsoever.

Why did the UFC allow the trash talk? Seemed a bit much

Geoff the Mince
26 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Oh... Quite ignorant of me not to do any research whatsoever.

Why did the UFC allow the trash talk? Seemed a bit much

My apologies for the tone in my post;  I find it all a bit of a circus tbh. 

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You could say the same about any ‘combat’ sport tbh. 99% of times there’s respect afterwards apart from the pre-fight hype nonsense but McGregor really brought all this on himself, lucky someone didn’t kill him for his nonsense this time.

Big difference between “hyping” a fight saying how you’re going to smash someone etc than there is criticising their faith(particularly that one), family and country etc. Guys an idiot.

Agreed on the first point and I think that's what Dana White seems so disappointed by. He let's them hype it all up as usually it ends with some mutual respect but last night just exploded.

Conor McGregor pushes the boundary of what can be said to hype a fight but that doesn't excuse that sort of reaction. Mocking someone's choices isn't so bad but involving his family isn't on and the racial undertones to some of what he said is unsavoury to say the least.

Shanks said no
10 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

He's from Dagestan.  

That will be the same Dagestan that since February 2018 has since been under the direct control of the Russian government?

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Which is part of Russia.

Almost simultaneously......it wasn't on my list of countries to visit!

Geoff the Mince
29 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

That will be the same Dagestan that since February 2018 has since been under the direct control of the Russian government?

And ? They still ain't Russian . 

Shanks said no
31 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

There are 22 republics that make up Russia

1. Adygea
2. Altai
3. Bashkortostan
4. Buryatia
5. Dagestan
6. Ingushetia
7. Kabardino-Balkaria
8. Kalmykia
9. Karachay–Cherkessia
10. Karelia
11. Komi

12. Mari El
13. Mordovia
14. Sakha (Yakutia)
15. North Ossetia–Alania
16. Tatarstan
17. Tuva
18. Udmurtia
19. Khakassia
20. Chechnya
21. Chuvashia
22. Crimea (Internationally recognised as part of Ukraine under the name of Autonomous Republic of Crimea)

So in the same way that Scots are British and hold British passports, he is Russian. Might also explain him walking out to the Russian flag.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

If you're talking ethnicity, then only some of them are Russian. Khabib is an Avar in origin.

But all those in Dagestan have Russian nationality (forgetting visitors, foreign residents, etc.)

It's like saying "He isn't American, he's Californian".

You see those folk who can't even admit they're wrong when they are wrong.

:jj_facepalm:

Geoff the Mince
6 hours ago, redjambo said:

If you're talking ethnicity, then only some of them are Russian. Khabib is an Avar in origin.

But all those in Dagestan have Russian nationality (forgetting visitors, foreign residents, etc.)

It's like saying "He isn't American, he's Californian".

You see those folk who can't even admit they're wrong when they are wrong.

:jj_facepalm:

Aye I'm wrong pal :cornette:

Geoff the Mince
7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

There are 22 republics that make up Russia

1. Adygea
2. Altai
3. Bashkortostan
4. Buryatia
5. Dagestan
6. Ingushetia
7. Kabardino-Balkaria
8. Kalmykia
9. Karachay–Cherkessia
10. Karelia
11. Komi

12. Mari El
13. Mordovia
14. Sakha (Yakutia)
15. North Ossetia–Alania
16. Tatarstan
17. Tuva
18. Udmurtia
19. Khakassia
20. Chechnya
21. Chuvashia
22. Crimea (Internationally recognised as part of Ukraine under the name of Autonomous Republic of Crimea)

So in the same way that Scots are British and hold British passports, he is Russian. Might also explain him walking out to the Russian flag.

It's like calling us Scots English ,  and there's political reasons why he walks out to the Russian flag .

4 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

It's like calling us Scots English ,  and there's political reasons why he walks out to the Russian flag .

Wow. ?

jack D and coke

Anybody see the big Irish fella get laid out at the airport? Absolutely pished, jumping about flicking the bird at Habib fans, gets a kick from one tries to gob on him and gets laid spark out it’s ****ing hilarious :lol: 

Not a good weekend for the paddy’s. 

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Anybody see the big Irish fella get laid out at the airport? Absolutely pished, jumping about flicking the bird at Habib fans, gets a kick from one tries to gob on him and gets laid spark out it’s ****ing hilarious :lol: 

Not a good weekend for the paddy’s. 

You got a link for that? Would cheer me right up.

13 hours ago, jake said:

It's all modern day big daddy v giant haystacks.

Load of shite

And fake as fan

Kind of confirms my  tinfoil hat.

This is as real as it gets these guys seriously don't like each other for a various reasons outside of UFC, both will get long suspensions and the Nevada athletic commission has held Khabibs money. 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

There’s one I saw on Twitter this morning that’s longer and much funnier I’ll try find it. 

Edit...found it :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

34 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s one I saw on Twitter this morning that’s longer and much funnier I’ll try find it. 

Edit...found it :lol: 

Majestic. 

I’m not a UFC fan but I watched a replay of the matchup given the big news story off the back of it.

The best bit it all was seeing McGregor (who continually  behaves like the ***** bar-steward that he is) getting completely dominated in tehe match and then out-pikeyed in the aftermath.

I have been absolutely stunned by everyone wanting the other fella banned and calling his behaviour shocking whilst McGregor seems to get away with whatever he wants with very little said or done in response to his antics. Most people just say McGregor has charisma - I’m sorry but the guy is a complete roaster and I was glad to see him lose the way he did even though I’m not a fan of the sport.

SuperstarSteve
14 hours ago, Harko said:

I’m not a UFC fan but I watched a replay of the matchup given the big news story off the back of it.

The best bit it all was seeing McGregor (who continually  behaves like the ***** bar-steward that he is) getting completely dominated in tehe match and then out-pikeyed in the aftermath.

I have been absolutely stunned by everyone wanting the other fella banned and calling his behaviour shocking whilst McGregor seems to get away with whatever he wants with very little said or done in response to his antics. Most people just say McGregor has charisma - I’m sorry but the guy is a complete roaster and I was glad to see him lose the way he did even though I’m not a fan of the sport.

Sums up my thoughts on the whole thing.

Any dude with good ground game beats this disrespectful mofo. 

The others tried to stand and trade but Khabib has laid the blueprint.

the hype train is finally over. 

Scott Harrison is making a comeback at 41 ?

Guys ****ed his career. He must be skint otherwise he wouldn't be doing it. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/scott-harrison-scottish-boxing-wbo-featherweight-legal-prison-comeback-a8587196.html

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Scott Harrison is making a comeback at 41 ?

Guys ****ed his career. He must be skint otherwise he wouldn't be doing it. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/scott-harrison-scottish-boxing-wbo-featherweight-legal-prison-comeback-a8587196.html

The guy could have been one of the great featherweights and a millionaire if he hadnt been a violent pisshead. A waste of a great fighter. 

It does seem a bit desperate at 41 but stranger things have happened and I wouldn’t completely write him off. He’s always been very fit with great work rate and powerful for a featherweight. 

5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The guy could have been one of the great featherweights and a millionaire if he hadnt been a violent pisshead. A waste of a great fighter. 

It does seem a bit desperate at 41 but stranger things have happened and I wouldn’t completely write him off. He’s always been very fit with great work rate and powerful for a featherweight. 

I'd be shocked if he didn't win a "world" title. He has been licenced by BIBA as he can't get a proper BBBoC licence because of his convictions.

Former Commonwealth lightweight Lee McCallister from Aberdeen won one of their "World" Heavyweight titles a couple of months ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

Great performance by Josh Taylor last night. Mitchell look petrified when he was on his stool at the end of round 4. Great seeing a Scottish boxer looking like the real deal at World level. 

• 4 weeks later...