• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What an awful fight, glad I never paid for it. Abraham needs to retire and Eubank has zero punching power.

scott herbertson

Hope Groves fights Eubank. Groves will beat him easy

My money would be on Eubank - would be a good fight though

Generic Username

Does anyone think that though?

Haven't seen anyone on this thread suggest that. In fact, quite the opposite. I've not heard/seen anyone in the world say that!

Heard a few people almost say why it could happen but

not one single person, mcgregor apart say it will happen!

McGregor has been very successful in doing what he wanted to do. Garnering a reaction!

This.

AlphonseCapone

Does anyone think that though?

Haven't seen anyone on this thread suggest that. In fact, quite the opposite. I've not heard/seen anyone in the world say that!

Heard a few people almost say why it could happen but

not one single person, mcgregor apart say it will happen!

McGregor has been very successful in doing what he wanted to do. Garnering a reaction!

Spot on. A lot of folk foaming at the mouth over this.

Judge Fudge

mcgregors lack of head movement is going to be key here. He comes in straight lines head up. Never liked Mayweather, but for the gd of the sport hope he owns him. Got a few bob on floyd by Dq. When your in trouble you go back to default settings.

kingantti1874

mcgregors lack of head movement is going to be key here. He comes in straight lines head up. Never liked Mayweather, but for the gd of the sport hope he owns him. Got a few bob on floyd by Dq. When your in trouble you go back to default settings.

His lack of head movement,? the fact he's not a boxer is the bigger factor.. UFC fighters dont fight close in because they get wrestled to the ground.. They throw punches from miles out - superman punches.. Floyd will see that coming from miles out..

If far faster, far harder punchers than Macgreagor can't tag mayweather then he's has absolutely no chance.. It ludicrous really.. Like a rugby player playing football because the kick the ball every now and then..

I'll pay to watch him get smashed

Judge Fudge

His lack of head movement,? the fact he's not a boxer is the bigger factor.. UFC fighters dont fight close in because they get wrestled to the ground.. They throw punches from miles out - superman punches.. Floyd will see that coming from miles out..

If far faster, far harder punchers than Macgreagor can't tag mayweather then he's has absolutely no chance.. It ludicrous really.. Like a rugby player playing football because the kick the ball every now and then..

Agreed, he has two chances very slim and none.

Which boxers at 155lb or less do you think hit far harder than Connor McGregor?

Off the top of my head when he fought them I'd say Sugar Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto, Oscar De La Hoya and certainly Canelo would all be significantly harder punchers than McGregor. I think in general boxers are going to be harder punchers than MMA guys, it's all they're trained to do mostly from a very young age whereas MMA fighters have a host of different disciplines to try and juggle with.

Judge Fudge

Maidana can bang a bit,and is very unorthodox. granted in the first fight with floyd he kept it reasonably close. But he was schooled in the rematch,and was unable to hurt Mayweather over 24 rounds.

It's a tough one to answer with any degree of accuracy to be honest.

Connor is a natural lightweight who can cut a lot of weight to fight at bantam or can pile on muscle and fight at welter.

He's a colossal bantam, a big light and a small welter. He's known for having explosive power and one punch KO ability but with those MMA gloves and the standard and styles of fighters he's faced, it's hard to imagine how that might translate to boxing with 10oz gloves and guys who have trained pure boxing for their whole lives. 

Maidana, Mosley, Cotto and Canelo are all known for being heavy handed with heavier gloves but do they hit "far harder" than Connor McGregor? I'd guess probably not far harder. It would be interesting to measure it somehow.

I think Connor hits far harder than Floyd though. 

Pretty sure Cotto was the last fighter to get his gloves hard on Mayweather and Floyd survived. Not sure Floyd at this age would survive a similar dig from Connor. Floyd's hands have been injured so many times and at his age, I don't think he'll KO McGregor either. Probably we'll just see a boxing masterclass and Connor will struggle to get near him or land many meaningful strikes. Mayweather unanimous decision is my guess.

Interesting post.

I think there's absolutely zero chance of Mayweather ever fighting an MMA match though. That would be dangerous IMO.

You'd be as well putting a 12yr old schoolgirl in there for all the chance he'd have. He'd be lucky to last a minute.

There's no way McGregor can punch as hard as Mayweather

I must have seen and heard a dozen interviews, podcasts and articles by commentators, journalists and experts and I've yet to see one who doesn't acknowledge that McGregor's got a harder dig than Mayweather.

Mayweather has had about 3 surgeries on each hand and has never been known for punching power for years at least.

MMA mania article for example lists CM as 850lbs of force and FM at 814lbs.

Generic Username

Floyd's never needed heavy hands given how good his head movement and accuracy has been. I don't think it's an outrageous suggestion to say McGregor could hit harder, but there's absolutely no way he'll ever be as accurate as Floyd has been with his punches.

Would love to see McGregor win but just cannot see it. If he was fighting a lesser boxer I could see him winning but I think Mayweather has more than enough experience to cope with whatever McGregor throws at him. That said, one 'lucky' punch from McGregor could win it.

I don't want to see Mayweather hit his 50 unbeaten fights.

It's a lost less dangerous than a boxing match where constant blows to the head are being received.

Taken down and chocked out or tapping out is not all that dangerous. Again all that would need to happen would be slight adjustment to the rules or agreement between them no elbows etc.

We seen couture v Toney, maybe it's a stretch. However, just seen the potential money around it making it a scenario.

Couture v Toney was hardly a match though it was a beatdown.Conor would do similar but in a different way I think Conor would just destroy Mayweathers legs in a MMA fight before taking him out.

Generic Username

Away from the Mayweather/McGregor thing for a minute...

UFC 214 is coming up in a couple of weeks and has an excellent card. Hoping that there's no last minute pull outs in the DC/Jones fight. Really looking forward to seeing how Woodley deals with Maia who's an absolute freak once he gets his hands on you.

I'm not saying it would be a match. It will be even a bigger mismatch than floyd in a boxing ring, however, were about to see that.

However, that's not the point though it would be a huge draw at box office, depending how this goes. We've already a few indications from floyd and to a lesser extent. I'm sure floyd has said he is mma and defo said he would do in the octagon. Whilst Connor has also said we will see you in the octago or similar afterwards.

Floyd suffering a defeat might be the obstacle, however, the cheque big enough?

You were complaining about the UFC and the fact they put on money fights. They put CM punk in a match, a guy with no real combat sport, experience. They did put on tobey couture. Do you think the UFC give a hoot how competitive this would be in comparison to PPV numbers and publicity they would receive?

Slightly, surprised this seems a massive stretch to you.

Though maybe UFC get bumped and mayeeather promotions team with mcgregor promotions to put something together?

Who said it's a massive stretch all I said was Toney v Couture was a beatdown and I said how Conor v Mayweather would go in MMA but everybody knows that.

As for UFC they will put anybody on show if it will sell tickets.What I want is Conor coming back and fighting Ferguson or Khabib(mentioned the other day wanting to fight him in Russia) or even Gaethje if he proves it over another couple of fights.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by vegas-voss

I'm perfectly calm lol. its a message board where we are talking about two showman fighting in a mismatch. It's not really anything where anyone will get worked up about.

If I have annoyed you fair enough that's wasn't my intention. Just trying to demonstrate a return match is a definite scenario.

Anyway we're agree. Connor destroys floyd in a mma fight. A return match the octagon is a possibility. Cool, glad we agree.

I would like to see Conor in UFC again. I only see that happening for money fights the likes of the UFC has never done. Will that happens who knows.

It's a strange scenario for the UFC that's for sure.They either pay big or Conor walks into the sunset or maybe they have made Conor sign some deal that enabled the Mayweather fight to go ahead.I don't know just speculating

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Anyway just caught up on UFC Glasgow well done Edinburgh's David Henry the guy can take a hit and took some punishment first round and a bit but stuck it out and turned it around impressively.

It's a lost less dangerous than a boxing match where constant blows to the head are being received.

Taken down and chocked out or tapping out is not all that dangerous. Again all that would need to happen would be slight adjustment to the rules or agreement between them no elbows etc.

We seen couture v Toney, maybe it's a stretch. However, just seen the potential money around it making it a scenario.

I disagree completely.

Put FM in an MMA match and he would be in serious danger.

CM could just pick his plan of attack. Kicks to the head, knees, Chokes can be deadly if it goes wrong and you crush their larynx.

I'd say CM getting Floyd down with an elbow to the temple or a kick to the head followed by another 2-4 forearms into his unguarded head before the ref gets in could be far worse than being hit by someone wearing boxing gloves.

Re read my posts on the subject. Talking about a modified rule set to make this happen. One we're where floyd would be kept relatively safe from harm. He not going to put himself in too much harms way, he insists on the boxing gloves others fighters use.

It's about situation where floyd would be enabled to step into a UFC. It's not about sporting competition it's about making money!

Wouldn't be an MMA fight then.

If you aren't using the rules that is.

If they set up a set of rules for an MMA fight that doesn't allow elbows, kicks, Chokes etc then it may as well be a boxing match.

If I was CM I'd be saying "Fine you want an MMA fight you get one, get ready to have your teeth kicked down your throat, Skull caved and choked the **** out."

Generic Username

Really looking forward to 214 at the weekend. Baring any last minute weigh-in shenanigans it's going to be some night. Hoping DC v Jones lives up to the hype after all this time and intrigued to see if Woodley can keep Maia at bay

Jones definitely splits opinion. Personally I ****ing love him. :lol:

Edited by Sten Guns

Jones definitely splits opinion. Personally I ******* love him. :lol:

Thing with Conor it's all an act to sell tickets with Jones he really is like that haha.

Generic Username

It'll surely be curtains for DC if he loses given how much significance he's put on this fight for so long. He's effectively built it up as the be all and end all for his career. Not sure he'd want a third crack at Jones.

RustyRightPeg

JJ looks in seriously good shape. For anyone that hasn't seem him fight, he is a genius in the Octagon, be prepared.

Generic Username

We're all doing the overall card a bit of a disservice just focusing on DC v Jones.

Woodley v Maia : topper

Cyborg v Evinger : topper

Lawler v Cerrone : topper

Manuwa v Oezdemir : topper

Couple of really good fights on the undercard too. Brian Ortega and Ricardo Lamas both fighting.

JJ looks in seriously good shape. For anyone that hasn't seem him fight, he is a genius in the Octagon, be prepared.

Been fantastic long layoff might effect him though as his previous comeback fight he looked sluggish and quite poor.At his best he was probably the best ever and the fight with Gustafson was one of the best ever, sheer champions will got him the win in that fight.

Bones - decision

Woodley - KO

Cyborg - KO

Manuwa - KO

Cowboy v Lawler toughest one to call for me.Is Lawler done after so many wars.Love watching both these guys fight through the years I can't pick a winner.

RustyRightPeg

Been fantastic long layoff might effect him though as his previous comeback fight he looked sluggish and quite poor.At his best he was probably the best ever and the fight with Gustafson was one of the best ever, sheer champions will got him the win in that fight.

You might be right but I think the sheer hatred between him and DC adds to his desire to win this fight and will bring the best out of him.

His reach advantage over DC will be huge IMO as DC will try and trap him and ground and pound early on.

You might be right but I think the sheer hatred between him and DC adds to his desire to win this fight and will bring the best out of him.

His reach advantage over DC will be huge IMO as DC will try and trap him and ground and pound early on.

DC bores me great at what he does but Jones far more exciting and unpredictable in the Octogon and out of it haha

We're all doing the overall card a bit of a disservice just focusing on DC v Jones.

Woodley v Maia : topper

Cyborg v Evinger : topper

Lawler v Cerrone : topper

Manuwa v Oezdemir : topper

Couple of really good fights on the undercard too. Brian Ortega and Ricardo Lamas both fighting.

Ortega is up there as possibly my favourite fighter, his jits is on another level and it always makes me want to watch when he fights. Should be an absolutely cracking card with the amount of great fighters on it.

Frampton fight is off after he failed to make the weight and his opponent then fell in the shower and burst his face

Frampton fight is off after he failed to make the weight and his opponent then fell in the shower and burst his face

yeah frampton missed weight as well day before its all been a clusterfk