Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Wouldnt say he was finished. He looked pretty good last night against a special boxer. He'd of beaten most last night.

I'm just not sure where he goes from here. None of the top welterweights will want to fight him with no belt and not having the biggest profile. I think he really struggled with the weight as well, his stamina was nowhere near what I've seen him before. I could tell he was reallly tiring from about the 6th onwards. He broke the other orbital bone from what he did against Golovkin last night which suggests there is an issue whenever he faces big punchers. For me that should rule out a move up in weight for him, I'm not even sure there are any big fights for him at 154 anyway.

The sensible thing for him to do would be to try his best to secure the Khan fight maybe at a catchweight for a last big payday then call it a day IMO.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stupid how they have it as a KO thats a TKO everyday of the week and twice on sundays

Betfair seem to agree with you :lol: seem unwilling to pay out!

AlimOzturk

If it called a KO then they have to pay out. Ridiculous or not.

Love to see Khan Brook but don't think Khan truly wants it.

That said he might change his mind after seeing Brook come off a couple of losses.

Ivan Drago

Love to see Khan Brook but don't think Khan truly wants it.

That said he might change his mind after seeing Brook come off a couple of losses.

Think they both need to accept that they're not top class and that's the biggest fight either of them will ever get (in terms of interest and probably money)

Is it decent money? If so id be putting a claim in to IBAS. If its less than a tenner then its probs not worth the hassle.

Advice though - say youre taking it to IBAS in your emails/chats with them and theyll likely pay out. Fairly sure theyre fined if theyre not playing by the rules. If they dont then proceed with your claim

Think they both need to accept that they're not top class and that's the biggest fight either of them will ever get (in terms of interest and probably money)

Khans actually very good technically. Could get knocked out by a fart though

Prince Buaben

Khan is now in a better postion with this fight now. Previosuly Hearn would have called all the shots but now they are about 50/50.

Think Khan would beat him.

Good on Groves getting his World title. 

Quick defence then a fight v Chunky in December?

Henry. Henry.

If it called a KO then they have to pay out. Ridiculous or not.

William Hill paid out on the KO. Was about to frantically look out the terms and conditions when I Saw my cash drop into my account. Poor poor stuff from Betfair

• 3 weeks later...
Rudolf's Mate

It's taking too long to load up for me. Any info on what the conditions of the fight are? Boxing or just malky the **** oot each other?

Have to admire what a shrewd businessman Floyd is to be able to sell something like this :lol:

There are British level fighters who would beat Conor McGregor quite comfortably in a boxing match. As said above I'll still be watching though.

Can't believe anyone is prepared to pay to watch this circus. It'll be overhyped and at the end of the day it's purely a money spinner for the two guys.

If Mayweather had his belts on the line he'd destroy him. As it is he'll dance around avoiding the odd haymaker from McGregor, throw a few jabs and keep that going for 12 rounds or if McGregor flukes a bit of success Mayweather will take him out at will. We're talking about pound for pound one of best boxers of modern times. He's comfortably beaten hall of fame boxers for years no way some guy without a boxing pedigree can get close to him. And it would be the same if it was a MMA match up - only roles reversed.

Stranger things have happened in the world of boxing.

Foreman winning the title at 47, Lewis getting knocked out by Rahman, Buster Douglas beating Tyson.

Only difference is they where all boxers. McGregor has a few thing in his favour. Height, reach, weight, Age and nothing to lose. Mayweather has all the pressure on him.

Stranger things have happened in the world of boxing.

Foreman winning the title at 47, Lewis getting knocked out by Rahman, Buster Douglas beating Tyson.

Only difference is they where all boxers. McGregor has a few thing in his favour. Height, reach, weight, Age and nothing to lose. Mayweather has all the pressure on him.

I assume you've watched Mayweather he's barely had a punch laid on him in 49 fights. And despite what some would have you believe he's been in with some of the best. You're right strange things have happened but I can't see it with Mayweather he's just too good even at 40 a 15 time world champion.

I assume you've watched Mayweather he's barely had a punch laid on him in 49 fights. And despite what some would have you believe he's been in with some of the best. You're right strange things have happened but I can't see it with Mayweather he's just too good even at 40 a 15 time world champion.

Your probably right but for shits and giggles I am putting a fiver on McGregor.

If anything he has a punchers chance.

Your probably right but for shits and giggles I am putting a fiver on McGregor.

If anything he has a punchers chance.

No even sure his odds will be worth a fiver the bookies will be wary of this such is the staged nature of the thing. My fiver would go on a McGregor disqualification after he gets bored and frustrated running after FM only to miss then take a jab to the chin and just boots him square in the bollocks....now I'd pay to watch that!

A journeyman pro boxer would beat McGregor.

They could but he'd have a chance as he can hit he's planted plenty in the UFC his issue here is he's fighting one of the best boxers of modern times. Ricky Hatton was a prime example of a great fighter who could hit and had fast hands but wasn't technically the best and FM took him apart.

Is it decent money? If so id be putting a claim in to IBAS. If its less than a tenner then its probs not worth the hassle.

Advice though - say youre taking it to IBAS in your emails/chats with them and theyll likely pay out. Fairly sure theyre fined if theyre not playing by the rules. If they dont then proceed with your claim

It was only for 90 quid, they paid out today, finally and gave me 115 for it taking so long. Was on live chat about half a dozen times. Chancing *****.

They could but he'd have a chance as he can hit he's planted plenty in the UFC his issue here is he's fighting one of the best boxers of modern times. Ricky Hatton was a prime example of a great fighter who could hit and had fast hands but wasn't technically the best and FM took him apart.

He is also fighting with tiny gloves on in UFC so the power shows more.Floyd has been in with far harder hitters than Conor.In a straight boxing match our own Josh Taylor would knock Conor out.This is an exhibition fight nothing more and it will sell tickets on its freakshow nature. Edited by vegas-voss

indianajones

I'll look forward to streaming this for free and not paying for it. 

Bit pointless in my opinion. Conor has zero to lose from it and will earn a fortune regardless of the result. 

It was only for 90 quid, they paid out today, finally and gave me 115 for it taking so long. Was on live chat about half a dozen times. Chancing *****.

Beer money for the weekend mate

:thumbsup:

He is also fighting with tiny gloves on in UFC so the power shows more.Floyd has been in with far harder hitters than Conor.In a straight boxing match our own Josh Taylor would knock Conor out.This is an exhibition fight nothing more and it will sell tickets on its freakshow nature.

I agree. It's a money spinning circus. It'll go the distance I suspect but only because Mayweather will make it go that far. If it was a title fight he'd have him out of there in 3 rounds maximum.

Samuel Camazzola

Looking forward to Ward v Kovalev II on Saturday, first one was a good fight

Hopefully Kovalev wins this one and potentially sets up a 'decider'. The first fight seemed to split opinion with a lot of experts providing different winners from their scorecards. I thought Kovalev had it.

Should be good and glad it's not a PPV over here.

Kovalev Ward 2 tonight. Looking for a good fight, Kovalev is dying to win, but Ward is up for it.

Samuel Camazzola

Poor finish - never a stoppage. Low blow should have been penalised. One of the judges needs to be questioned on why he had Ward 3 up at that point.

Fecking sky showed the first fight before it so I got up this morning to watch it but turns out I'd recorded the wrong one :laugh:

I thought the last punch was very low.

It's hard to say for certain.

His trunks are high and he's doubled over already.

What's Kovalev saying?

Samuel Camazzola

It's hard to say for certain.

His trunks are high and he's doubled over already.

What's Kovalev saying?

He said it was low. Sky pundits all stated it was low but Johnny Nelson said he should have responded with a low one since ref was doing nothing.

No matter what happened, it was never a stoppage.

Ward mentioned he may move to Cruiserweight.

He said it was low. Sky pundits all stated it was low but Johnny Nelson said he should have responded with a low one since ref was doing nothing.

No matter what happened, it was never a stoppage.

Ward mentioned he may move to Cruiserweight.

Fair enough.

I was watching an American stream and all 3 of them and their unofficial ringside score keeper all agreed it was on the belt line and legal.

I guess they're not really impartial.

rigos punch was after the bell should have been a no contest

wards was a low blow too tony weeks was too quick to stop it

Kovalev was completely gassed and not defending himself, the last shot may have been low but seen far more controversial stoppages.

Ward is the best boxer in the world but he needs to calm down with the talk of fighting Anthony Joshua :lol:

Kovalev was completely gassed and not defending himself, the last shot may have been low but seen far more controversial stoppages.

Ward is the best boxer in the world but he needs to calm down with the talk of fighting Anthony Joshua :lol:

At heavyweight? That would not be a good idea.

Samuel Camazzola

GGG may have something to say to that.

At heavyweight? That would not be a good idea.

His trainer mentioned it in the post fight press conference, reckon he was probably just saying it to get some publicity though. Would be a bigger freak show than Mayweather-McGregor.